Guilty as charged.

By AnExtraordinaryPersn

Ever since I moved, my life has became the bolder, the worst and the weirdest. Priscilla is an ordinary diffi... More

Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine

Chapter One

26 4 0
By AnExtraordinaryPersn

 Priscilla 

I recently moved to a new neighborhood in San Diego. I'm having the worst day of my life! I don't know anyone here, I wish I was back in Seattle.

 I wait patiently for my mom to go shopping for the first day of my crappy new school. 

"Aren't you exicted for school honey??" She sweetly smiles. 

"I'm not." I fold my arms as a child who's throwing a tantrum. 

"Oh honey, I know you're bummed out but the reason why we moved was because of your father's job." She starts the car and began driving. My mom gasps and turns the song louder to full volume.

"MY FAVOURITE SONG!" She squeals faintly and sings off-key. 

"Mom, Stop." I covered my ears annoyingly.

Pissed, I turned of the radio and furrowed at her.

"It's Earth, Wind&Fire - September! Quit ruining my jam!" We arrived at the mall and got off. 

"You can still talk to your friends on the white ghost app!" I pinched the bridge of the nose and shook my head slowly.

"It's called Snapchat mom." I raised a brow. 

"What ever." She chirps.

We bought clothes and cold beverages. 

Suddenly, my mom gasps with excitement when she rushes to Bath&Body Works, dragging me with all the bags like a rag doll.

"It's on sale! Love this place! Right Priscilla?" She held two perfumes, smelling both of them at the same time. 

"Which one should I choose? Japanese Cherry Blossom or Country Apple?" Confused, my mom shoves them in my face and sighs. 

Rolled my eyes and began texting my best friend Reagan.

Reagan: I missed you terribly! It's so boring without you.

Me: Agreed. Hey, remember swimming at the lake every Thursday?

Reagan: 😩 I do remember. I hate being here all alone.

I laughed a bit.

Me: Look on the bright side, we can still talk on the phone and text......☹️ 

Reagan: Better than nothing, huh?

Me: Yeah...

"Forget it, I'm taking them both. Come on Priscilla." She marched to the cashier and pays the set. 

Me: Got to go. 

I turn my phone off and left the shop. As we were walking, I saw an art store that intrigued me. I stopped my tracks and walked in to the store, wandering around the aisles of art supplies.

My eyes suddenly scan a sketchbook attached with pricey pencils and pens. 

I suddenly heard mom clicking her heels down the aisles until she approached the aisle I was at. 

"Priscilla! I was looking for you!" She stops and scans at the art supplies.

Then she smiles. 

"You never get old of sketching? Let me buy it for you." She took the book and the pens. "It's expensive mom!" I looked at the price.

"I don't care if it's expensive or not, I just want you to be happy." We walked to the cashier. My mom swipes her credit card, waiting patiently. 

"Ma'am, your card denied." He had a confused expression until my mom raise her brows. 

"Let me try again," She again swipes it and waits. 

"Put in your pin miss." The employee says brightly.

My mom types her pin in, moments passed and her card denied.

"It denied ma'am, your card isn't  working." He fold his arms to his chest and leans on the back counter.

"Come on mom." I poked her on the shoulder but she didn't budged.

"You paying in cash?" 

"Well anything for my daughter then yes, yes I will." She hands him the money and snatched the items, storming out of the store.

"Miss, your receipt!" He shouts and ran up to us, handing the receipt to my mom.

"Come by anytime!" He smiles and waved happily.

"Sure!" I chirped.

I hate the heat, it's killing me.

I followed her carrying the bags as we reached in the car. 

"I'm starting to hate this new place." My mom starts the car and began to drive away. 

We reached to our unfamiliar neighborhood and to our house. 

We opened the door with a click and walked in, my father was wearing his business suit talking on the phone until he noticed us. 

His wrinkles form into a smile and rushes to hug us. 

"How was the mall? Exciting huh?" He stares his baby blue eyes at my mom and kissed me on the forehead. 

"It was okay.." My mom tilts her head slightly and bit her inner cheek.

"You miss Seattle?" He sighs heavily. 

My mom and I nodded and felt sweat trickling down my neck. 

"Honey, my card denied when we were shopping." My mom folds her arms.

"Really? Let me call the bank." They walked to the kitchen as their voices fade into silence.

My hair is frizzy, sweating like a melting popsicle, damn this weather.

I looked around at the boxes at the living room and the kitchen. 

My father tilt his head sideways and shouted.

"On Monday, I'm picking you up to your new school, got that!" He says in a happy tone and winked at me.

I pout and part my lips sadly. 

Days went by until it was Monday, my first day at a humongous school where I totally don't know anybody there. 

My father stops the car and looked at me sincerely. 

"Priscilla, make friends! I bet that you'll have great time." He grins as I let out an heavy sigh and took off waving him a goodbye.

I took a deep breath and approached the huge enterance with a lump in my throat. 

"God help me." I muttered under my breath and stepped inside. 

It's even bigger than my last school, taller guys. Hell, I feel like a midget compared to these giants. I'm only five foot and they're like almost six foot. I bet that mostly these girls are even taller than me by two inches. 

Curse my midget self.

I stood still and examined the place. 

I'm lost, aren't I?

The bell rung loudly as the students hurried to their classrooms. 

I stood as still as a statue internally screaming until someone poked my shoulders. 

I jerk and turned around with a sweat cascading down. 

A girl with huge silver eyes was grinning as she tilt her head. 

Her dirty blonde bangs covered her forehead and smiles softly.

"You new?" She says in a questionable tone. I blinked twice and nod slowly. "Your name is Priscilla, correct?" Again, I nod. She then sighs with relief. 

"Your name was called to the office numerous times, how come you never heard it?" Her bulging silver eyes twinkled. 

"I-I was lost." I squeaked.

"Okay then..." She raise her brows.

"Great! I'm foreshadowing with you today until you get used to this system!" She giggles nicely and twirls her hair.

"Oh, I forgot to introduce myself. I'm Wendy." She stuck out her hand and shook mines. 

"Here is your paper for you schedule." She hands it to me sincerely.

She's a cheerful person.

"Oh! Your locker #5590, it's this way!" I followed her like a confused puppy on a leash until we arrived. 

She demonstrated how to open the lockers step by step until I got the hang of it.

"Okay, what class you're starting?" She looked at my paper and squints.

"Algebra 2....it's upstairs!" Wendy happily hums a tune and held my hand excitedly.

We took the stairs up and man, it felt tiring until she stopped and opened the door. 

"After first block, I'll be waiting for you." She grins.

I huffed and opened the door slowly that all the students were looking at me until my legs felt like wobbling noodles. 

The teacher stopped talking and immediately stares at me. His mustache was perfectly in shape, not even a stubble on his face. "What's your name miss?" The stillness became more intense as people kept staring at me like hawks. 

"P-Priscilla.." I stuttered.

"You're the new student!" He gasps with glee. Everyone stared at him with disgust and rolled their eyes.

"Welcome to Madison Bridge Highschool!" He chuckles and rubbed his neck.

I stood there silently and bit my lower lip.

"Say, where did you came from?" He asks.

"Seattle." I looked down awkwardly.

"Then welcome to San Diego! Where the sun always shine!" He claps and cleared his throat.

"I'm Mr Calvin, your algebra teacher." We shook hands, looking at him smiling heartily.

"You can sit at...." he clicked his tongue and walked around each row until he fold his arms at a boy who was sleeping. He silently approached to the boy's spot and leans toward his ear. 

"Kevin!" He yells in his ears until the boy jumped, crashing on the floor with a thud. Snickers were heard as he got up rubbing his head from the pain. 

"OW." He loudly shouts. 

Everyone quickly stops laughing and stares uncomfortably at me.

"Better be careful." A boy with an afro hairdo whispers with a hint of fear in his voice. 

"Why?" I cocked a brow at him, staring at his fretful self. 

"That boy who moved a spot, don't talk to him at all times."  He shivered.

Why are they scared of him? 

"Okay." I shrugged and walked over to the back where Mr Calvin's standing at my spot. 

"Sit here Priscilla." He jazz his hands with excitement and hurried to the front. 

I sat with a plop when the teacher again rushes back and handed me the textbook. 

"We're on page two." He walked to his desk and began to write as we copy the notes in our notebooks, 

The boy who moved across from his seat stares at me blankly and rolled his eyes. 

I tried my best not to look at him and continued copying the notes and listening the teacher. 

Finally, first block ended. Wendy was waiting for me when I approached to her. 

Her eyes glistened with happiness and held my hands with respect. 

"How's your first block?" She asks.

"It was okay. Say, who is Kevin?" She then stopped walking and stared at me.

Chills went down her spine as she turned to me with an expression that was unexplainable.

"He's in your class?" She fiddles with her fingers and looked at me worriedly.

"What?" I cocked a brow.

"Kevin Davidson?? He's one of the most elite athletes in the school!"  She continued talking as we went down the stairs slowly.

"He and his group are quite professionals when it comes to soccer."

"Really?" 

"Yeah, People wanted to challenge him to a match. His group always wins and never loses." We walked downstairs as she continued talking.

"What happens to the other team if they lose?"I tilt my head with a questionable look.

"Rumors were heard that if they loose, they had to wear their underwears inside out and run a mile around the school." She shivers. 

"And shave their heads." My eye widens. 

I scan around the place and back to Wendy.

"What happens if they loose to the others?" I asked.

"Priscilla, Let me tell you, They. Never. Loose." Her eyes deeply locked with mine and eventually we arrived at my second class.

"Bye, I'll see you after class." She rushes hurriedly to the hall and disappeared. 

I went inside the classroom and saw art posters all over the place. People were so focused on their art assignments until an old lady spots me.

"Welcome to my art class!"She smiles. 

"I'm Mrs Olivia." Her faint blue eyes blinks rapidly as her hand twitches when she's greeted me.

"I'm Priscilla." I sat at the front next and took out my sketchbook and my pens.

"We're going to do painting of how you feel inside here." Mrs Olivia pressed her chest and looks at all of us. 

We then went to the back, following the old lady and sat on the stools. 

She shows us a demonstration until we began. 

I splat some blue paint around the canvas and smeared all the fade blue colors added light faint splashes of light grey. 

Mrs Olivia scans around each painting until she sees mine. 

"It's beautiful! You really have the skill." She nudges my arm and smiles.

"You feel.. sad, lonely, just... blue." She squints as she wears her glasses.

Terrible explaining equals speechless.

"But, is this how you truly feel?" She sets her palms on my shoulder, staring down with her kind faintly blue eyes.

"I moved recently." I sighed sadly.

"From?" 

"Seattle, I miss my friends and family over there, you know?" I closed my eyes and slumped. 

Her arms wrapped around me and sighs with pity. "Sometimes, when I feel bummed, my husband would hug me until I felt better." She whispers.

"You will definitely like it here, trust me." Mrs Olivia says in a sweetly kind voice. 

The class ended, Wendy waits quietly at the entrance as I walked upto her.

"We have lunch during the third block." She squeals. 

"You got to meet my friends! They'll like you." I shrugged and nod.

She's acting like more of a friend than a foreshadow.

We kept walking as I go distracted by the humongous ceilings and the classes until I bumped into a person. My books fell on the floor as I quickly grabbed it.

Wendy's face went pale and gulped.

People stopped their tracks and stared at me.

"Hey! Watch where you're going! You have eyes for a reason!" I felt chills down my spine and covered my mouth.

As I looked up, Kevin brows twitched annoyingly and stared down at me with his flashing green eyes. 

".....umm... the weather looks terrific today yeah?" I played with the hem of my shirt and shift uncomfortably. 

His friends beside him looked at me with a blank expression.

Everyone quickly scatter like rats.

Wendy grabbed my hand and apologizes to them, dragging me away.

"What were you thinking??" She pinches the bridge of her nose and sighed deeply.

"I know he's in your class, but at all times. Don't. Talk. To. Them!" She flails her arms all over the place and shook me like a plush doll.

"It's his fault! He doesn't know where he is going!" I fold my arms angrily and bit my bottom lip furiously.

During my third block, the bell rung loudly. Students stood up and closed their books as they left the class to the huge cafeteria. 

I followed them until I spot Wendy. I quickly rushed to her and nudged her arm when she turns around. 

"Oh! I couldn't find you during the hallways since a lot of people were walking, you're so short among them!" She ruffles my hair and laughs.

"I am not short!" I pout. 

"Let's buy snacks, yeah?" She held my hand and lead me through the crowded place until we reached to the vending machine. 

"And yogurt?" I jumped.

"Sure and yogurt." She laughs.

We bought the snacks and yogurt as quick as a fox. 

As I was eating my yogurt, we sat down at her table.

"Guys, this is Priscilla, she's new." One of the three looked up and to me with excitement as she shook my hand with a grip.

"I'm Kara." She held my hand tightly and let go.

"Breck, Harry! Meet Priscilla." She hisses.

"Hey, you're in my art class!" I pointed at the blonde haired boy and laughed.

"Yes I am." The two saluted and grinned.

"She's from Seattle." The three gasped even more and eagerly clapped their hands.

"Really?" Kara's eyes glistened under the sunlight.

"It's great to meet you all." I chirped.

All of us bubbled the air with laughter as Harry told a funny joke.

"And She was like, 'Harry, how many times have I told-:" I stood up and took spoonful of yogurt. The laughter fades as I kept walking to throw it in the trash can and walked back to the table.

......

School ended for the day, Wendy walked upto me and waved a sincere goodbye. My father was waiting in his car until I got in.

"How was your first day??" He says it with enthusiasm and grinned.

"It was fine." I shrugged. 

"Did you meet new people?" My father taps on the wheel when he stopped on the street signs. 

"Yeah," I looked at the window and see the sun shining on the sidewalks and the calm soothing trees swaying from hither to tither.

We arrived home and got off the car walking lazily inside to my room.

What a day.

I laid on my bed with a plop and stared at the ceiling.

I tried my best not to sleep as my eyelids gotten heavier and suddenly slept into slumber. 

Like my book? Wait and see for new chapter two coming up!

Follow me on Twitter: @OrdinryMe!

And make sure to vote and comment if you want me to add something for chapter two.

How long I've been thinking and writing this chapter took more than three to four days. 

Love you guys and stay tuned for chapter two!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

485K 9.5K 105
violet jones grew up around people that she feared. one day she got thrown a massive curve ball, her whole life blowing up just within just two days...
373K 9.6K 32
Princess Marie, a renowned troublemaker of Paris has entered the Ton. Marriage, children and any prospect of love have always been a 𝘥𝘦𝘵𝘦𝘴𝘵𝘦𝘧...
7.4M 205K 22
It's not everyday that you get asked by a multi-billionaire man to marry his son. One day when Abrielle Caldwell was having the worst day of her life...
29.2K 964 21
[ONGOING 🔞] #8 insanity :- Wed, May 15, 2024. #2 yanderefanfic :- Sat, May 18, 2024. After y/n became an orphan, she had to do everything by herself...