In The Water

By TheSaltyDuchess

Cedric was tired and broken. An accident during the Triwizard tournament left him with scars on his body and... More

Thunderbird
Niffler
Demiguise
Doxy
Grindylows
Hippogriff
Occamy
Kelpie
Pixie
Selkie
Veela
Murtlag
Chimaera
Phoenix
Boxtruckle
Mermaids
Golden snidget
Basilisk
billiwigs
Boggart
Blast-ended skrewt
Zouwu
Fairy
Erumpent
Hinkypunk
Moke
Dementor
Kappa
Ghoul
Hungarian Horntail
Flesh eating slug
Troll
Antipodean opaleye
Graphorn
Centuar
Common welsh green
Imp
Goblin
Sea Nymph
Giant
Ghost
Muses
Swedish short snout

Griffin

172 11 3
By TheSaltyDuchess

"Maybe I'm always tired because you are insatiable?" She said lazily as she laid on my bare chest. I rest my arm on her back and stroke her hair with my other hand.

"I'm not insatiable, I'm in love with a beautiful woman." I say in complete seriousness. She rolled her eyes and kissed her way up to my mark.

"We're going to get though this yeah?" She asked twisting my to long of hair in her fingers.

"Yeah love, we have each other and I'm not going to let you go." I went to kiss her but her phone went off, popping our small bubble against the world. Wrapping herself in the sheet she disappeared into the bathroom. I put my hands behind my head debating on having a cigarette or getting some coffee.

"There is a blanket like five inches away from you." She giggled at me before sitting down next to me.

"Like you don't enjoy the view." I flexed my arms as I pulled her down to me. She blushed and hit my chest softly.

"That was Harry, he's meeting us at the bookshop at noon. He has Sowerby." There was an excitement and happiness in her voice.

"Oh yay." I groan thinking over her squawking guardian. She pursed her lips and pouted for a moment.

"I thought you two got along now." She asked as she laid in my arms.

"Sweetheart, Sowerby is loyal to you alone. He tolerates Potter and myself to please you. I'm kind to him because he makes you happy. And I do anything I can to make you happy." I kissed the top of her head and she just laughed.

"He is a little grumpy." She giggles and traces the mark with her small finger.I roll my eyes and then flip her underneath me.

"Sure I can't talk you into running away with me?" I ask as I lay on top of her supporting my weight with my forearms.

"I love writing and I'm actually a little excited to meet the kids who love my stories." She said and I had to smile back. This loving beautiful woman loved me.

"Okay my love, you get ready. I'm going to stay here and pout for a couple more minutes." I kissed her forehead and rolled off her.

"You're such a punk sometimes." She kissed my lips and hopped out of bed.

To appease her in I put the blanket around my waist and watched her get ready. Issac had emailed her to wear something from the suitcases he left us with. She wore a pair of flared black slacks and loose green silk shirt.

"I like your skirts more." I say as I finally get out of bed and take a quick shower while she puts some makeup on.

"Me too." She grabbed a brush and managed to force her hair into a sleek bun. When I got out I kissed the top of her head as I walked by and she slapped my arse.

"What the?" I turn to her and she just shrugs and raises her eyebrows at me in a suggestive manner.  "Merlin, I love you."

She laughs and tells me to get dressed. We make it downstairs trading pinches  and tickling each while laughing. Draco stood leaning against the car glaring at us.

"We'll be late." He scolded as he let Hermione and myself into the car first.

"We have plenty of time." She answered back in a sniping tone. They hissed at each other and he sat in the front again.

She was sitting in the seat growling. I hesitantly rub her back. With a quick movement she climbed in my lap wrapping her legs and arms around me. The growling was replaced by a purring sound deep in her throat.

"Hey baby?" I hold her waist wandering what is going on with her. She nuzzled her mark on me still purring.

"Mine." She answered in a sharp growl.

"Yes, my love. I'm yours.Now come back to me baby." I take her hand from my neck and kiss her fingers. She shook her head and blinked a few times. Slowly she withdrew her leg from around me.

"I'm getting worst.Cedric, I'm so scared." She tucked her head under my chin as I rocked her. I clench my jaw, I don't know what to do. The car stop and she got off my lap and smoothed her slacks.

"They want you to read a section from your last book, then you'll sign books for an hour." Draco helped her out of the car. He smoothed the few curls that had come loose. She leaned into his hand before swatting it away. Draco tilts his head in a sympathetic smile.

"Maybe I shouldn't be around children." She whispered up at him, he gave her a tight smile.

"You'll be fine. Cedric and I will be there." He says putting his hands on her shoulders. They exchange a smile and I had to bury my jealousy. A loud caw caused her to turn to the sound.

"Sowerby." A happy sigh left her as the black menace fought his cage. Harry opened the door of the cage and he immediately flew to Hermione shoulder. She scratched his head as he pecked at the pins in her hair.

"What the hell is that." Draco yelled causing Sowerby to make caw and spread his wings threatening him. Draco hissed as he bared his teeth at the bird. Harry handed me some chunks of an apple.

"Hey Sowerby, easy." I speak softly and hold up the chunk of fruit. The raven pulls his wings in and flies over to my shoulder taking the fruit from me with a gurgle sound.

"That's Sowerby, he's my friend." Hermione said walking to me reaching up to pet him. He pecked at her hand before nuzzling it. "I missed you."

"It's a beast." Draco glared at us. "He tore your shirt." I look down and there was a few small tears from his talons.

"I'll watch him baby, you go on." I kiss her forehead and she smiles. I hated to stay behind but I needed to talk to Harry. The bird hopped from my shoulder to the roof of the car.

"You ever hear from Luna?" I ask him and he nods.

"Her and Ginny are close, why?" Harry looked confused as to why I would let Hermione go with Draco alone.

"She married one of the Scamanders didn't she?" I ask and he continued to look lost.

"Yeah, the grandson. Why do you ask?" He ask as he leans against the car watching the small book store.

"Contact her, she if they can meet us at the next stop." I push myself off the car and put my arm out for Sowerby. He hopped onto my forearm and I tuck him against my body as I go into the store.

All the children laughed and were amazed when Sowerby flew from my arm to the back of Hermione chair. She smiled at me and tapped the table beside her. Her raven friend hopped over to it and began preening his feathers.

"Why did you bring that filthy sky sat in here." Draco hissed at me as I leaned against a bookshelf.

"Because he calms her. She's been worried about him.She ran out in the middle of a bloody hurricane for him. You've started something that she can't control. Having him with her will help."  I say lowly to the blonde. He hangs his head and leans on the shelf next to mine.

"She's stronger then she looks isn't she?" He finally said watching her with the small children.

"I think when we." I motion between the two of us.  "Aren't having a pissing contest she's fine. Im assuming your kind has a elevated sense of smell."

He nodded not taking his eyes off her.

"I think you're right about her instincts being strong, but I don't think you are keeping in mind that she's half mortal."  I have a theory that she keeps nuzzling and touching me is so that my scent is on her. She's trying to override her instincts. I don't share that with him in case he tries something else.

"All I can think of is that she's a half breed. But she's different then the ones I've met.None of them have ever been on the surface. Most don't make it to adulthood." He stares at her in awe and I can tell he's falling for her as man instead of a creature.

"Because mortals interfered." I reminded him, she looks up and smiles at me. She mouths a thank you and I nod. One of the kids pointed to Sowerby, Hermione smiled and had him get on her arm. When she lowers him to the children some of the braver ones come and pet him.

"She's drawn to children and small animals?" Draco asked looking at her with curiosity again. I'm not sure about children but based on how she's interacting with the ones here I would say yes.

"I guess so. Another instinct? Female sirens are maternal?" I ruffed out seriously doubting that.

"Oh not at all.Our females will abandon their young if they're not perfect. My mother has probably had over a dozen children over the years." He seemed to stop his on train of thought as he scrunched up his nose.

"But you're the only one left?" I asked and he nodded pressing his lips together and tried to stop a tear from coming out.

"We don't cry in the ocean." He said quietly as he uses his sleeve to wipe the tears away.

"I'm sure." We both pretend he didn't show emotion.

He continued to study her, then he looked at me. Suddenly he was in my face and grabbed my arm. Before I could react he pulled my sleeve down exposing the brace I kept my wand in. We locked eyes and he nodded to the back door.

"A bloody wizard! Take whatever spell or potion you have on her off now." He growled once we were in the alley.

"No magic here mate. She loves me for me, just as I love her for her." He tried to push me against the wall but I dodge and sent him against the wall. He is a lot weaker out of the water.

He crouched down on his heels and ran his hand though his overly gelled hair. The result was a chaotic mess of strands sticking straight up. Finally he stood up and rubbed his face.

"The Potters are wizards too?" He asked I nodded and he bit his lips. With a loud yell he kicked at some litter sending it dancing down the alley.

"Have a problem with the wizarding community?" I ask smirking at his little tantrum.

"We've made it a point to not let them know we exist." He replies leaning against the wall.

"Yeah. We know." I took the opposing wall. "Why are you so mad?"

"I thought her fins were like that because she was a half breed.That she weak and dull from the mortal blood." He rubbed his face again. " You don't realize how special she really is do you?"

I shook my head and watch this siren descent into insanity. He dropped back down to a crouching position. The conversation he was having with himself was playing across his face.

"Hermione wanted me to make sure you two didn't kill each other." Harry head pop out from behind the door. "Did you hit him mate?"

"I was tempted but not today." I answered and went back inside leaving Draco in the alley. When I came in she had a small boy on her lap and was reading another story to the children. Sowerby was dozing on a stack of book by her side.

" Miss Mione is this your Prince Charming?" A little girl ask looking up at me as I came to Hermione. I squeezed Hermione shoulder and smile at the little one.

"Something like that." She replied and the boy in her lap glared up at me. Great another person to compete with. I crouched down so I was level with the little girl.

"Why'd you ask that sweetheart?" She blushed at my question.

"Because you look like one of the Disney princes." She said shyly and I chuckled. Hermione smiled at me and shrugged her shoulder. I stood up and sat on the table as she finished a story.

"Hermione dear, it's time to go." Draco said as he finally came in. He had manage to somewhat tame his hair back down.

"So if he's a prince does that make him a villain?" The little boy asked pointing at Draco. A low growl rumbled in Draco throat I covered it with a loud laugh.

"They're children, be nice." I said lowly to him. His glared transferred over to me and I couldn't help but smirk.

"Come." He said with his hand out to her. The boy left her lap and her hand was almost in Draco when Sowerby made a screeching sound and flew at Draco hand.

"Sowerby, no." I say I'm a half hearted scold. The bird fluffed it's feathers at Draco before landing on my shoulder.  Hermione smiled over at me and linked her arm in mine as I escorted her to the car. Harry handed me the cage and the bird made some angry noises but got in it all the same. I put it in the car next to her. She started talking to him giving him bits of an apple.

"Never thought I'd say I love that damn bird, but today is that day." Harry laughed as he got into a car he rented.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 40 13
[BOOK THREE] With Voldemort at large, the whole wizarding world is on edge. With the murders of wizards and muggles alike every other day, the only s...
115K 1.4K 40
under editing. this story includes : - fluff - angst - crack - au ------- 𝐻𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑒𝑠𝑡 𝑟𝑎𝑛𝑘 : #14 on draco #18 on hufflepuff #369 on wattpad ...
18K 358 18
Young Lilianne Potter had been submitted into the Triwizard Tournament along with her brother Harry anonoumsly , after finding out Lilianne had been...
73.8K 2.2K 22
Thea is back for her second year at Hogwarts. Her and Draco are back together being best friends. Someone goes missing and new adventures await. Read...