Royal Meets Rogue

By MommaShifter

What happens when Royal blood and normal blood collide? With her new witch friend and the Moon Goddess giving... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: My Life
Chapter 2: Birthday From Hell
Chapter 3: Dark Brown Eyes
Chapter 4: Alpha King Duties
Chapter 5: Found A Friend
Chapter 7: Walmart Run-Ins
Chapter 8: Priorities
Chapter 9: Lunch Is Interrupted
Chapter 10: Bad Dreams
Chapter 11: The Intruder
Chapter 12: Driving
Chapter 13: Searching For Athena
Chapter 14: New Car
Chapter 15: Houston We Have A Problem
Chapter 16: Rescued Just In Time
Chapter 17: On The Run
Chapter 18: Meeting The Mate
Chapter 19: Choices
Chapter 20: Maybe He's Not Bad After All
Chapter 21: Bird Feeder And Rogues
Chapter 22: Story Time
Chapter 23: Taking A Chance
Chapter 24: Earth-shattering News
Chapter 25: Moving
Chapter 26: Training
Chapter 27: Royal Blood
Chapter 28: Old Pack And Meetings
Chapter 29: Coronation
Chapter 30: Old Friends And Stories
Chapter 31: Plan Making
Chapter 32: Mission Get Rick
Chapter 33: Let's Save Ares
Chapter 34: Rescue Mission
Chapter 35: Raising Hell
Chapter 36: Crashing The Auction
Epilogue

Chapter 6: Robin Hood

39.2K 1.5K 252
By MommaShifter

You know what I love.......having neighbors that are unnecessarily loud. I'm not kidding you. I was woken up at 6 the other morning because my neighbor decided that they wanted to drill something. Who. The. Fuck. Drills. At. 6. In. the. Damn. Morning... WHO?! And now, they decided to start slamming stuff. No joke. It sounds like they are picking up heavy boxes and then just dropping them on the floor for no fucking reason. Oh my gosh.

But guess who is moving to a different apartment and won't have to deal with those assholes?! Me!!!!! My landlord is letting me upgrade to the other complex because of this. Yay!!!!

Anywhore...on with this chapter!!!

-----------------------

Athena

"What are you doing up so early?" Hecate asked as she looked back at the clock on the stove.

I gave her a nervous smile. "This is usually the time that I woke up to start cooking breakfast for my pack."

"That's not right." She mumbled to herself as she continued to stir. "I swear. If I ever get my hands on them, I will turn them into a toad."

"Can you really do that?" I asked excitedly.

"I wish dear. Do you know how much fun that would be?" She started to laugh. "I'm not that kind of witch. I just work with potions mostly."

"Damn." I laughed. "What are you making?"

"Pancakes." She smiled. "I was going to bring them up to you."

"Oh. Sorry." I apologized sheepishly.

She shook her head. "That's okay. I hope you like vanilla."

"You put vanilla in your pancakes?" I asked confused.

She nodded her head as she continued to stir. "I do. It was something that my mother did and she passed it down to me. It makes them taste so much better."

"My mouth is watering already."

"Good." She winked. "Later, I have to go into town to do get some groceries. Would you like to come with?"

'It would be good to get out for a little bit.' Artemis mentioned. 'And to get a look around.'

"I'd love too." I smiled widely. "I would love to see the area."

"Good, good." She replied happily and she poured the pancake mix on the skillet.

My mouth watered even more as they sizzled and a huge wave of vanilla hit my nose.

"I can really smell the vanilla." I spoke up. And right on cue, my stomach let out a loud growl.

Hecate laughed as her eyes twinkled. "Looks like someone is hungry."

"I'm sorry!" I apologized quickly. "I can't even remember the last time I actually had a meal."

Hecate's expression turned sad before it turned dark. "Times like these I really wish I could turn someone into a toad."

I nodded. "I hear you."

Hecate walked to the fridge and got some milk, apple juice, and OJ out of the fridge before she turned back to the skillet. She carefully flipped all the pancakes onto a plate and put the plate in the center of the table.

"I don't know which drink you like more." She said as she placed a cup down in front of me. "So I brought them all out."

"Apple juice is perfect." I smiled as she poured me a glass. "Oh. You didn't have to do that."

She gave me a warm smile as she placed the cup back down in front of me. "You've had a rough life dear. It's the least I can do to make it somewhat better."

'Can she be our mom?' Artemis asked seriously.

'I wish.' I mumbled back.

"Thank you so much." I said quietly. "For letting me stay and also cooking for me."

"It's quite alright. I love having the company." She said. "Dig in."

She didn't have to tell me twice. It was almost embarrassing at how fast I scarfed down the pancakes. But what can I say? I'm hungry.

"These are so good!" I exclaimed as I reached for three more.

Hecate giggled as I doused them in syrup. "I'm glad."

"I promise you, I don't normally eat like this." I mumbled as I felt syrup drip down my chin.

That caused Hecate to laugh even harder. "It's alright dear. You need to eat, you look like a twig."

I paused as I looked down at my body. Okay...maybe she has a point.

"I am pretty skinny, aren't I?" I asked.

"There's nothing wrong with being skinny, but you do need at least some meat on your bones." She smiled. "I can pick up some steak if you would like?"

I shrugged. "I've never had steak."

Her eyes went wide. "What?"

"I never had the chance to eat it."

"Okay let's go." She said quickly as she grabbed our empty plates and placed them in the sink. "We are getting you some clothes since you don't have any and I'm getting up some steak, pork chops, potatoes, and a lot more stuff."

I laughed as I nodded. "I'll go clean up."

I walked up the stairs and went to the room that she is letting me stay in.

It's a very nice space, nothing like my room back at my old pack. It has sky blue walls and a white carpet. I have a vanity in the corner along with my own bathroom and a bookshelf near the far wall. The window is above part of the roof, so it allows me to sit out there whenever I want. It's everything that I could have ever asked for.

After taking a quick shower and throwing on some jeans and a larger sweatshirt with a pair of tennis shoes, I grabbed the hairdryer.

My hair was finally dry and I put it up in a ponytail. I was ready to go.

"Ready?" Hecate asked as I came back down the stairs.

"Yes." I nodded.

"Sorry about the clothes." She said taking in the baggy sweatshirt and jeans. "They were the smallest ones that I had."

"It's okay." I smiled. "They are really cozy."

"That's good." She laughed. "Oh, before I forget."

I grabbed the small glass bottle of orange liquid and pulled the corkscrew off before I took a swig.

"Don't want them to know that you are around." She explained as she opened the door. "I have a couple more bottles in my purse for you."

I nodded and walked with her to her jeep. The jeep was a regular black jeep wrangler.

The drive to the city was about 2 hours. It wasn't bad though. Hecate asked me questions about my life and I could tell she was asking them carefully. It was funny to watch though because before she would open her mouth, she would have this very concentrated look on her face that almost made it look like she was constipated. I appreciated it though. She was a very considerate person and I liked that about her.

Besides the questions that she would ask, she would point out certain landscapes. But let me tell you, this place is beautiful.

"I honestly don't think I've ever seen a place this beautiful." I admitted as I unbuckled my seatbelt and opened the jeep door.

"This place is gorgeous, isn't it?" She laughed as she locked up the jeep. "First stop, the clothing store. That way all the food won't rot in the car."

I nodded and followed her to a tall building.

"This place is huge!" I gaped as I took in my surroundings.

"The clothes are so cute here!" She gushed.

'Why do I get a feeling she is going to go overboard?' Artemis asked as we watched Hecate run over to the shorts.

'I have the same feeling.' I laughed as I chased after her.

"What about these?" Hecate asked as she held up a pair of dark blue shorts.

"Those are cute." I smiled.

"Hey!" I heard a tiny voice crack.

I turned around to see three older teenage looking boys grab a girls doll and run out of the store.

"Hecate?" I called out.

"Yes, dear?" She asked as she picked up a pair of shorts.

"I'll be right back." I said as I watched the little girl run out of the store.

Hecate placed the shorts back on the shelf. "Is everything okay?"

I nodded. "Yeah, I think so."

"Oh. Okay." She said unsurely. "Just be careful."

"I will." I promised as I walked after the girl.

Once I was outside, I looked around the parking lot and barely caught a glimpse of the girl's dress as she rounded the corner of the building.

'They better not touch her.' Artemis growled.

I growled in agreement and ran after her.

I've always loved kids; they just held a special place in my heart.

"Give it back!" She cried as she jumped up to grab her doll.

The blonde haired boy laughed as he held the doll just out of her reach.

"Jump squirt." Another boy laughed darkly.

"Maybe you should just give her the doll back." I snapped.

Their heads jerked up to see where the voice was coming from.

The blonde haired boy smirked when he met my gaze. "And what are you going to do about it?"

"Are you going to take it from him?" The brown haired boy laughed. "In case you haven't noticed, they are three of us and only one of you."

I laughed and stalked closer to them. "Then you should have no problem winning."

"Are you really going to take it from him?" The blue haired boy asked in surprise. "You can't be serious."

"I am." I said lowly as I stood a couple feet away.

Blondie huffed. "Take care of her."

Brownie and blue smirked and gave each other a high five before walking towards me.

'This is going to be so easy.' Artemis laughed.

I smirked and quickly got out of the way as brownie charged me with his fist raised.

Blue scowled as went to punch me.

I easily grabbed his fist in the air and pushed him back making him fall on his butt.

Brownie gasped before making a growling sound and ran back.

"Watch out!" The little girl gasped.

"Shut it." Blondie scowled as he pushed her to the ground.

I growled and looked to my left to see brownie running at me.

I sidestepped him one more time and grabbed the back of his shirt before he got too far.

He let out a small squeal as I pulled him back and punched him in his stomach. He fell straight to the ground with a groan as he held his nose.

"Give her the doll back." I demanded.

Blondie smirked and threw the doll on the ground a couple feet away from us.

"I'll make you a deal." He stated. "If you win, you get the doll and we'll leave."

"And if you win?" I asked getting annoyed.

Artemis scoffed. 'Like that's going to happen.'

"You and I go on a date." He winked.

"You're going to fight me, but yet you want to take me on a date?" I asked in disgust.

He shrugged. "What can I say? You're hot."

'I'm going to barf.' Artemis heaved.

"Fine. Bring it." I said lowly.

Blondie charged me and I easily got out of the way.

He dug his heels into the dirt and turned around. He looked shocked but he quickly wiped it from his face.

"Nice moves." He complimented before walking back over to me.

He quickly threw a punch, which I blocked, and tried to throw another one.

I grabbed his fist just like I did with blue and pushed him back. This made him trip over his own feet and fall on the ground.

He tried to kick his foot out to hit me in my shin, but I jumped up and dodged it.

I threw a punch which successfully landed against his jaw. He cried out in pain as his hands moved up to hold it.

I grabbed his shirt and pulled him up before bringing him closer to me.

"Leave." I threatened.

His eyes swirled with fear.

I threw him back on the ground and watched in amusement as he quickly got up and ran away with the other two boys.

'Dumbasses.' Artemis tsked.

I watched their retreating forms before turning around and picking up the girl's doll.

I carefully wiped the dirt off and walked up to the little girl who was still sitting on the ground.

She smiled as I held my hand out to her.

"Thank you." She said gratefully with a shy smile.

"You're welcome." I smiled back.

"You remind me of Robin Hood." She laughed.

I let out a small chuckle. "Why's that?"

"He helps the poor and you just seem like the kind of person who would do that. And Robin Hood is my favorite movie." She admitted before running off. "Thank you!"

I smiled as I watched her run back to the store.

'She was adorable.' Artemis laughed before turning serious.

'What's wrong?' I asked her as I put up my guard. I looked around, but I didn't see anyone.

'I don't know. I just feel something.'

'What's that?'

'I have no idea.' She mumbled. I could feel her pacing around in my mind. 'Something powerful.'

'Oh.' I mumbled.

I mentally prayed my thanks as I thought of the potion that Hecate gave me.

God bless her.

-----------------------------

OH SHIIIIIIIT. WHO COULD THAT BE?!?!?

I ALSO HAVE NO IDEA WHY I'M WRITING IN CAPS BUT OH WELL.

LOVE YOU MY FAITHFUL SHIFTERS!!!

-AUSTIN

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

698K 33.5K 44
*Third book* When Dimitri suddenly disappears, Sage and Sara must step up and face their own problems while leading the kingdom and saving their fath...
4.8K 161 22
✅COMPLETED✅ When Brianna Koda does not become alpha liked her dad and mom promised she runs away and finds her self on Blood Moon pack land. Jessie a...
55.4K 1.8K 27
Rosalie isn't your ordinary werewolf. She is part of a unique breed. This breed is just like werewolfs, except instead of being part wolf there part...
357K 12.4K 54
Amber Johnson has always been a popular kind and loving girl, the exact opposite of her best friend Emily. But when they meet their new neighbors an...