Falling skies

By giBrezniczky

In Detroit there's a high pobability, that you will eventually find a cime. A crime you need for your detecti... More

Beginnings
At home
The new job
The morning after
Family lunch
Wrong decisions
Tough talk
Bedtime
Shattered
New beginnings
Mission impossible
Break from the world
Betrayal
At Hank Anderson's house
First pictures of the war
The Mission
Violence and blood
Time of glory
Moment of sedation
Two boys one problem
Need to work
New problems
Glass castle
House delivery
What's up with the creator
Cardinal birds
The first cracks
Back on track
a)
b)
c)
d)
e)
f)
g)
h)
i)
Announcement

What you destroyed

49 1 0
By giBrezniczky

In your lunchbreak you were walking to the diner near to the station. You loved to go there. The weather became a bit more chilly, and you were cold a bit, but you decided that it's some kind of punishment for you that you were happy, when you made someone, more importantly Gavin unhappy. You felt guilty. In fact so guilty, that you could only feel yourself better when you were busy with somethig else. Like work. Today, when you were working in the office you couldn't bring yourself to turn around to Gavin's desk and act like nothing happened. He was right behind you, joking, making fun of people, like he usually did. With you. But now you didn't turned around, didn't finished his jokes, and you felt miserably for that.

Hank arrived to the office around 12. Your warm hearted surrogate father felt that something was off, so he didn't asked. He let you alone with your thoughts. You would go to him if you wanted help. But you didn't you wanted to solve it yourself since you were the one in the first place who made this mess. You needed to think of a way to talk it out, but you couldn't. Or more likely, you didn't want to. You just buried yourself into work until your stomach growled.

And here you were walking to the little diner called Coffe & Lunch, like you usually did. When you stepped into the place, the warm air hit your face. You didn't mind it though. You almost subconsiously walked up to the same usual box, you used to take. There was only one problem. Somebody was already sitting there. And no other than Gavin. 

You turned around as fast as you yould, but he seemed to notice you. Without looking up from his phone where he read something, he said "We can't avoid each other for the rest of our lives, not until we work in the same place. So... Sit!"

Without a word you sat down. You looked to the table and to the table only. You were really careful not to look at him. You examied the lines on the wood and the little scraps on the table, while you were waiting.

Soon the waitress walked up to you, asking you what would you like to order. Then he poured a cup of coffee for you.

"A Cheese-Dream Sandwich would be nice." you said. She nodded and quickly wrote it down, then she left.

"She wants it with extra oregano!" Gavin shouted after the waitress without looking up from his phone. You looked at him amazed. He knew so much about you.

He took a sip from the coffee on the table. It was yours, but you let it slip by. You felt like you have a chance at forgiveness, yet you asked yourself if you really deserved it. You were not sure after what you did to him, he should forgive you or even let you close to hime ever again.

"Are you sorry?" he asked you out of the blue. He slowly locked his phone, then placed the device to the table.

"I am." you said after a moment, but you still couldn't look at his face.

"Would you do it different if yo had the chance?" he asked you. You shook your head. You knew you were doing the right thing when you saved Simon. You knew you did the right thing when you followed your heart after Connor, or when you helped the androids. Gavin hated them, sure, he wouldn't ever help them, but you? You were not Gavin.

"I see. You don't dare to look in my eye." he stated. "You know that I am not angry at you, right?" he said.

You finally looked at his face surprised. You saw that cute half-smile of his like usual.

"You are not?"

"Well at least not furious. I mean, I know that when you didn't notice me on he frontline, that was because you were already taking care of someone else. When you didn't called me in the past few weeks, it was because you had some kind of fucked up quest to go. And that you did't come to the hospital with me yesterday, it was because you didn't even know tha I was injured the first place. I just really missed your company, you know?" he said slowly, letting every word roll out of his mouth in their own speed, leting you understand them.

"Am I forgiven?" you saked.

"No. And you'll nevere be the girl I know ever again, do you? I think that our friendship kinda ened here, but just so you know, I'm not angry at you. It's not entirely your fault." he said. There words were huring you, each one was like a knife into your heart, but you uderstood.

"Can we still be lunch buddies?" you asked.

"You will be my lunch buddy as long as you love oregano as much as I do." he said, with a smirk.

Soon, his sandwich arrived. You laughed at his choice. It was the diner's iconic I'm the King sandwich. Well, it looked like a beef hamburger, and a gyros put together into one sandwich. And the amout of food, was around there too.

Not too much later, your cheesey sandwich arrived. You were so hungry, you almost didn't bothered by the fact that the cheese was hot. Like hell, or maybe you would send it to hell so chill a bit. Because whatever's the temperature there, it must be lower than in the sandwich, you held in your hands. 

You and gavin chatted through the whole meal. You needed to wait a bit for your food to chill, well, beacuse of... reasons, like your tounge was like a cat's you couldn't stand too much heat with it. So you talked first and he listened. You told Gavin the tale, how you found Jericho, how you met Markus on the way, how Nort warmed up to you a bit, and explained why did Simon worth saving. He stayed silent through the whole story. Then, when he finished and you still didn't touched your sandwich, he started talking. He filled you up with some details that were going on in the office, and how much Fowler was pissed off of you, when you didn't come back after your three days off, because of injury. Hank saved you though, but really,you were in big trouble at that point you almost even lost your job. He said, why pay someone who doesn't work. In this whole time you tried to eat your sandwich, but it was still hella hot, and really runny.

Afterwards, you and Gavin payed, and started walking back to the office. When you stepped outside the cold weather outside crawled under your jacket before you could grap it and wrap around yourself. Gavin saw that you were cold, But just laughed at you first, and to be honest you did too. You caused it for yourself. You really need to wash some chlothes when you get home though.

Then when you started sneezing uncontrollably -maybe because the weather, maybe because that ton of oregano you just ate- Gavin gave you his scarf.

"At least it's something that hides your red bra underneath your shirt." he said, as he put it around your neck.

You blushed. "Is it that obvious?" you asked trying to cover your chest.

"Well, no, if you don't have eyes." he said, then started walking.

When the two of you arrived back to the office, both of you sat down to your desks. You took off his scarf, and turned around to face him.

He was already turning into your direction watching you dreamy. You held out the scarf, to give it back, but he shook his head.

"It's really not necessary. You can give it back tomorrow, when you will look more appropriately for work." he said. You looked at it, then put it around your neck once again.

"Thank you. You are my savior. Again..." you giggled.

"Ah... I can't help it. I'm this knight type. When I see a woman in need, I have to help them." he joked.

"Well, just don't end up fighting a dragon in the end. I don't want to help you clean the mess afterwards." you joked too, and it felt like everything was normal again. But then without a word, Gavin turned back to his desk, and turned on his computer. He opened up a page, if you didn't know him, you would have thought that he was actually working. But you knew him better. He was playing with his phone under the table. Yeah, classic Gavin. He was only serious, when he actually was out on the field, but when he needed to do the paperwork, he usually spent more time doing nothing than his actual work. Almost like Hank. Sometimes when you saw the two of them yelling at each other, you smiled how similar they can be. Expect for Hank's sometimes depressiony mood.

You then also turned back and turned on your computer. You looked at it, and you felt inspired. It was almost like the first week of school, when you still had your pencils shapened and nicely organised in your pencilcase, and when all the pages were still blank in your notebook, and all you wanted was to write smart things or them. It was all nostalgic. And you knew that some days later, or maybe next week, you will come to work with the same mood. And that is that everyone pisses you off, you hate everyone, and you don't really want to do anything, or be around these people at all. Gavin had the same mood sometimes, and that was what made him someone, who is fun to hang with. 

Soon, you realised that it is almost 6 pm, so you can fially go home. In fact some people were already left. You turned your computer off, and looked at the pile of work that were still waiting for you to finish them. You got trough like 20 % of the whole thing today. Which was pretty damn good. You thought at least. Because it meant that you've done three days worth of work in one day! If you could work like this always, you could either got three times your salay, or only needed to come in twice a week.

You packed your phone, and some of your other stuff into your pocket, since you didn't have a bag with yourself, then you adjusted Gavin's scarf, so you wouldn't be so transparent. At lest not you, but your chlothes.

"Are you going already?" Gavin asked as he too stoof up from his chair.

"Yeah. I think it's enough for today. Tomorrow I'll try to start early, and see how much work can I do by the end of the day. I want to get rid of these folders."You smiled, looking back your stuffed desk.

"Hey, you can always ask help." he smiled.

"You didn't do anything all day, but to play on your phone." you stated as you rolled your eyes.

"Yeah, because I am already done with all my work and until someone doesn't come and check up on me, I won't get anything next, expect if I turn these in." he smiled mischievously.

You smiled. Gavin always knew what to do, to get less work than anyone.

"Want a ride? I can drop you off at your house if it's good for you."

You looked at his face, doupting that it would be a good idea, but he just smiled at you with that stupd smile of his, and he was totally chill and normal. So you decided to agree. What could possibly happen? He is so angry at you that he will kidnap you and then murder you in an abadoned warehouse? Not likely.

"If it's really not a problem for you."

"I assure you, it's not. In fact, I wanted to talk to that plastik prick of yours." he said, then started walking. "I'll go to your house regardless. So you either come, call a taxi or take the bus." he said, spinnig his keys aound his middle finger.

"I'm coming then." you said, running up to him, smiling at him. 

"You and your positive energy at the end of the day... In fact you and your energy... You just make me feel more tired of all the 'work' I've done today." he said. You just laughed at him. 

"Well then work more! Maybe you'll be happier, or more energetic afterwards." you said.

"This doesn't make any sense." he said as he sat in his car.

"People are saying that if you constantly feel tired go do sports, and you'll feel better. Thet doesn't make any sense either, but people keep saying that." you said, as you also sat in the passenger seat.

"I think you have a point." he said as he started the engine. At thet moment the radio started blasting some kind of mid 2020' music. You quickly covered your ears, as Gavin turned a volume down a bit.

"Sorry. When I'm alone I prefer to listen these loudly."

"Why?" you asked theaterly.

"Dunno... Maybe they help me muto those voices in my head that are sad and weak, and whining about things that's never gonna happen." he said. 

"Aw, that's really sad." you saidpatting his shoulder, then looking at him seriously. "Then again, what's the real reason?" you asked.

"I like to sing loudly to loud musics." he smiled, as he started driving towards your apartment.

*author's note*

I think everyone know what was destroyed... I was sad writing this, but this was needed because of the next chapter. It will have more action in it... Well, not *that* kind of action, but still.
Also I couldn't keep myself from writing, so if I will be some jobless poor woman who lives on the streets, I'll as for your help, because this is what I'm spending my time with. Writing for you guys, soyou better not leave me alone...
Exept for now. Bye-Bye, Goodnight, goodmorning or whatever to you my little roasted chickens! 🍗🍗

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

127K 4.7K 32
❝You know what, fuck you. I'll put up a sign that says 'No assholes allowed'.❞ ❝So you're banning yourself?❞ [Various scenarios] In which Gavin gets...
21.9K 1K 78
{*trigger warning* includes sexual harassment, violence and mention of trauma} Conan, CyberLife's experimental project left unfinished because of the...
21.1K 826 38
"Good evening Ms. Anderson, didn't expect to see you here. Might I ask why placing yourself in such danger?" "That's a good question Connor, might I...
11.4K 849 50
[COMPLETED] Tangible: Real or actual, rather than imaginary or visionary; capable of being touched, held, loved, revered, worshipped. See also: Perfe...