Rags Meets Riches [Lashton AU]

By Larry_Lashton

Ashton is a Rich boy who just wants to have fun in his life. So, when he moves and explores the city of Sydne... More

Description & Warning:
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Epilogue

Chapter 12

1.2K 75 36
By Larry_Lashton

[Luke's POV]

After dropping off Ashton, I drove home on my motorcycle and when I went to park it, I heard a terrible voice say,"It seems like Lucifer isn't a good listener."

I rolled my eyes, turning to the Moran brothers and sighed,"What do you want, jackass? I had a nice night and don't need you ruining it."

"A friend of mine saw Ashton at the party last week, in our neighborhood." Damian walked closer to me, tracing a pattern on my motorcycle and smirked,"Since you won't keep the posh-ass boy away, I guess I'll have to handle it myself."

A glint in his eye had me shove him against the brick wall, sneering in his face,"Touch Ashton and I'll kill you. He didn't do anything wrong, leave him the fuck alone."

I was tugged off him by his brothers and Travis dusted off his jacket, laughing darkly,"You don't scare me, Hemmings. I warned you and now your little boy-toy is gonna have to pay the consequences. Keep him away."

The two boys released me roughly, giving me dirty looks before following their older brother like the followers they were. I gulped slowly, letting out a breath. This is why I didn't want to be with Ashton, he's gonna get hurt because of me.

But, it's too late now, I'm already too into him to stop hanging out. I sighed and unlocked my door then walked inside, seeing Calum and Michael laying on the couch, cuddled together and watching a movie on the tiny TV.

They looked up when I walked in, and I realized I gave Ashton my jacket. A smile formed on my face when remembering how cute he looked in it. The date was so perfect, and those 2 kisses were amazing. He was amazing.

Calum scoffed, asking sarcastically,"How was your rich-boy date?"

"Did he complain about the ratchet food or low prices?" Michael added, then mocked a posh accent saying,"Oh dear Lucas, I cannot fathom eating this nasty thing you call a burger! Order me a caviar, please."

I glared, flicking them off and muttered,"I'm going to my room, night assholes."

They both mumbled a goodbye and I shut my door, changing into one of my two pairs of pajamas before jumping on my bed, hearing it creak and grabbed my phone, flipping it open and sent Ashton a text reading:

[To: Ashton :)]

Night princess, sweet dreams :) x

He replied not long after, and I smiled.

[From: Ashton :)]

Night prince, don't let the bedbugs bite :) x

I snorted at the nickname 'prince' but it was replaced with a grin, and I put my phone on the charger, getting my small blanket and snuggled into my flat pillow, drifting asleep and tried not to think about the Moran Brothers, only dreaming of Ashton.

-The next day, I went to school on my skateboard this time. Sometimes I try not to drive my motorcycle everywhere in case something happens to it. I went into school, putting my bag away and grabbed my books before heading down the hall.

I spotted Ashton at his locker and smiled when seeing he was wearing skinny jeans and a grey shirt. I like the look, but if he went back to his old clothes I wouldn't mind. Either way, he's still Ashton.

I didn't like that he wanted to change to be cool. He was fine the way he way he was. But, I

then realized maybe this is the real Ashton. He may be dressing how he wants to be and just doesn't realize it, and that made me smile cause I brought it out of him and made him be his true self.

After he put his bag away, I rushed over and pressed a kiss to his cheek, causing him to shriek in shock. However, when he saw it was me he smiled and said,"Hi Lukey."

"Lukey?" I raised an eyebrow, wrapping an arm around his waist while the other arm was holding my books.

He shrugged sheepishly,"Sorry, it slipped. Do you not like the name?"

"No, it's fine. It's cute, just like you," I smirked, then took his books and held them for him, knowing he wouldn't like that.

He pouted, reaching out for them, but I held them up and he groaned,"Stop it, Lucas. I can carry my own books, I am not a girl."

"But you're my princess and I need to hold them for you," I teased, and he sighed but let me hold them for him causing me to grin triumphantly.

We walked around a bit and chatted until the bell rang. I, being the sweet person I am, walked Ashton to class and he kept saying I'd be late to mine, but I could careless. When we got there, I handed him his books and he rolled his eyes. I liked that he was being more sassy, it's hot.

"Gotta go, bye Ash," I said, but he grabbed my hand and I turned to him with a questioningly look.

He smiled slightly, blushing a bit,"C-Can I have a kiss?"

"You're so adorable," I said, cradling his face and gave him a chaste kiss, then pecking his nose and said,"Bye, see you at lunch."

He mumbled a quick 'bye' then rushed inside the class, head down and a big smile on his face. I went to my class, and the teacher was mad at me for being late, however I could care less. She let me off with a warning, which was nice.

My classes were boring, so I mainly daydreamed a bit and thought about Ashton. I wanted to officially ask him to be my boyfriend today after school. We only went out on one date, but if you add the movies and trip to the cliff as dates, then I think it's a good time to ask. I had a good feeling he'll say yes, which made me kind of anxious, but I tried hiding it.

When lunch finally came, I walked down the hall and entered the cafeteria. I got my lunch and looked around, seeing Ashton wasn't here yet. I went to our table and waited, eating

my food and suddenly heard his voice.

I looked up, seeing him and this guy talking, but it was more like arguing. I walked over when the guy sneered, shoving Ashton,"Go make out with your boyfriend, posh-bitch!"

"I will, and maybe I can send you a video so you can watch on the phone you cannot afford," Ashton snapped, causing my eyes to widen. Cause, oh he's getting into trouble. And I kind of regret making him be more open.

The guys face reddened, a crowd forming and he shouted at Ashton, gripping his shirt,"Shut the fuck up, you dumbass faggot!"

"Don't fucking touch him," I rushed over, pushing the guy off Ashton and my fist met his nose, causing him to stumble back. He gaped at me, nose bleeding and shoved my on the ground. Before he could get a hit in, a voice was heard and I groaned when recognizing it.

"You two, office, now!" The principle exclaimed, and I saw Ashton giving me a worried look, being held back by Nick. A smile formed, cause that meant he had attempted to help me which was sweet.

The guy was pulled of me, and we both left to the office. Ashton gave me a sad face and I just winked at him, to make sure he knew I was fine. If Ashton was safe, then it didn't matter if I got in trouble.

-I waited outside the school, sitting on the railing and watched as the students poured out of the doors in a rush to continue the lives they don't have. Soon, I saw Ashton walking out and rushed over to him.

He jumped when I gripped his shoulder, but relaxed when seeing me. I was shocked when he punched my shoulder and winced, mumbling,"Ow, what was that for?"

"That was for being an idiot and punching that guy," Ashton huffed, but hugged me and I sighed, wrapping my arms around him and pressed a kiss on his curls. He asked guiltily,"Did you get in a lot of trouble?"

I shrugged, leading us to where my things were. I put my skateboard in my bookbag, though it was sticking out a lot then put the bag on my back. I grabbed his hand and answered,"Not really, I just got a suspension."

"You were suspended?" He exclaimed, eyes full of sadness,"I am so sorry, Lukey. I did not mean to get you into trouble. He was just making fun of us and I was upset, I should not have angered him! Now you are suspended and -"

I pressed a quick kiss to his lips, causing him to stop rambling and blush slightly. "Now I know how to shut you up. And it's fine, besides that means less school."

"And less of you," He added sadly as we walked down the sidewalk.

I grinned, spinning him toward me after stopping in my tracks. He squeaked slightly when his chest slammed against mine and I placed my hands on his hips, nuzzling my nose against his and said,"I wanted to know something."

"Yes?" He asked, placing his hands on my shoulder and giggled when I rubbed or noses together. The sound was so cute, it made my heart ache.

"Do you wanna be my boyfriend?" I asked, biting my lip and traced my thumbs on his hips slightly, loving how he got all nervous and shivered slightly.

He nodded eagerly, making our foreheads bump and we both pulled back and he groaned,"I ruined it, I am so sorry Lukey."

"It's fine, was that a yes though?" I chuckled, rubbing my head.

"Yes, I would be honored to be your boyfriend," He teased, and pressed a kiss to my cheek,"You're so sweet, Lukey. I just wish people wouldn't judge you cause of how you look and more on how you act."

I just smiled, wrapping an arm around his waist and we hung out on the beach, joking around and I lifted him over my shoulder, threatening to throw him in the water. Afterwards, he went home since he had to boost his grades up.

I skateboarded home, sighing absentmindedly lovingly and when I entered the house, I saw Michael and Calum glaring at me. I rolled my eyes, tossing the board and bag by the door, kicking off my shoes and asked,"What did I do now?"

"So, you're suspended?" Calum huffed, and I was about to ask how he knew, but he said,"They left a voice mail, Lucas."

I groaned, and Michael asked, "What the hell did you do to get suspended?"

"This guy was gonna hurt Ashton, I had to defend him," I told them, crossing my arms over my chest with a scowl.

Calum tugged at his hair frustration,"You got suspended over a stupid boy? What the hell, what happens when he gets beat up? Are you gonna jump in and get expelled? Arrested? We can't risk you getting kicked out of school."

"Ashton didn't force me to punch the guy. Of course I'm gonna defend him, he's my

boyfriend!" I shouted, shoving passed them as they looked at me in shock.

"He's just some boy, Luke. He's not worth it," Michael told me, following me when I went to go in my room.

I scoffed,"You're my friends, not my parents. Stop trying to replace them."

I slammed the door shut, leaning against it and let out a groan of frustration. Ashton's my boyfriend now, I'm gonna protect him and I don't care what they say. I don't care what the Moran brothers do or what Calum and Michael think, we're staying together. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

130K 7.3K 22
Luke wasn't sure exactly when his life turned into a train wreck, but he knew that it probably coincided with the day he met Ashton. The original ca...
66.5K 2.3K 26
[Completed] Luke has the ability to read minds and uses it to his advantage to swoon in ashton.
23.6K 1.2K 30
UNDER EDITING *Includes hints of Malum* Luke is depressed and lonely. Ashton is the complete opposite. Ashton's looking for something more than what...
33.5K 1.4K 8
Ashton's always been a loner due to being openly gay, but at his new school he seems to get along well. He makes new friends and gets great marks. Bu...