Youngblood

By arizonagirlemi

(Y/N) Moriarty is unhappy in her marriage. She knows Jim's been cheating on her with his co-workers, and so s... More

Table of Contents
Youngblood
Want You Back
Lie To Me
Valentine
Talk Fast
Moving Along
If Walls Could Talk
Better Man
More
Why Won't You Love Me
Woke Up In Japan
Empty Wallets
Ghost of You
Bonus Content
Monster Among Men
Meet You There
Babylon
When You Walk Away

Christmas Time Is Here

582 12 3
By arizonagirlemi

The wind whipped (Y/N)'s coat as she hurried to unlock the front door to 221b Baker Street. She was thankful it hadn't snowed in London yet; the middle of December was vicious and cold. Hopefully, Sherlock had a cuppa ready for her upstairs.

Mrs. Hudson greeted the (H/C) at the base of the stairs. "Good afternoon, (Y/N)," she smiled, then gestured to her grocery bags. "Need any help?"

"That would be lovely, Mrs. Hudson."

Together they climbed the stairs with the multiple grocery bags full of 'Christmassy' things such as cookie mix, wrapping paper, and a few gifts. As they entered the flat, Sherlock sat in his chair still in his robe, deep in his mind palace.

"Thanks for offering to help," (Y/N) huffed, taking the bags from Mrs. Hudson. "It's freezing outside and I had so many bags I barely could reach my keys."

"I hadn't noticed you'd left, to be honest," he replied. He cracked an eye. "What did you buy?" He was pointing at the cookie dough.

She smiled. "Cookie dough. I thought we could make some Christmas cookies," she explained.

"Have fun with that," Sherlock quickly turned around to leave the kitchen, but (Y/N) grabbed his arm to stop him.

"You're helping me, and you don't have a say in this."

Sherlock groaned in annoyance. "This is what you get for not helping with carrying groceries up the stairs." she giggled.

He kissed her cheek. "Alright. What's the first step?"

"We need to measure and mix our dry ingredients before adding in the wet ones."

They got mixing flour, sugar, baking soda, and a dash of salt before stirring in milk, butter, and eggs. (Y/N) turned to Sherlock when the mixture was too stiff to stir. "Sherlock, can you stir this please?"

He rolled his eyes and took the bowl, stirring the mixture. (Y/N) prepped a pan for the oven. Sherlock set the bowl on the counter and helped roll the dough into tiny balls for her to set on the pan. The cookies were baking in the oven and the two sat down to rest.

"Sherlock?"

He opened his eyes in acknowledgment. "I was wondering if you'd come with me to get a tree tomorrow."

"We don't need a tree," he said.

"Yes we do, it's Christmas time!" she claimed. "Besides, you wouldn't let me go at the beginning of the month so all the small, imperfect ones are left."

"We don't need a tree for Christmas."

"I know you're a sociopath-"

"A high-functioning one-"

"But this is just cruel." (Y/N) finished her statement.

"I just don't understand why Christmas is such a big deal." he defended himself.

She thought for a moment. "The holidays are magical, Sherlock," she started. "It puts everyone in a better mood, it's the time for family and friends, and everyone loves giving and receiving gifts."

He still wasn't convinced.

"Can we please get a tree tomorrow?"

"No."

*****

Despite Sherlock's best efforts, they ended up getting a tree. It was really the fact that seeing (Y/N) smile at the lot sold him on the idea that maybe the holidays weren't that bad.

So here she was, sitting in the middle of thousands of shopping bags full of Christmas decorations. She had told him her mission today was to decorate the flat.

With that smile on her face, how could he say no?

The tree was decently sized for a flat. Slowly, (Y/N) was opening a box of Christmas lights to put on the tree. She plugged in the strand and when every light lit up, she smiled. The lights added more color to the flat. She unboxed ornaments and carefully hung them on the tree. Lastly was the star, and she turned to him for help.

"Help me put the star on top?"

He stood and took the star, gently setting it up at the top. "Perfect," he whispered.

Garlands draped over the mantle and window sills, a table runner decorated the table and (Y/N) had even bought fleece/flannel sheets for his bed to keep them warm. Sherlock's skull even wore a Santa hat.

With the flat decorated and the weather dreary outside, (Y/N) sat down to start her next project: writing out Christmas party invitations for their friends.

Of course, John already lived in the flat but she made him an invite anyway. She slipped in under his door for him to find when he returned from a business trip. Next, she had invitations for Molly, Lestrade, and Mrs. Hudson. Lastly was one for Mycroft, her old employer.

"What are you doing?" Sherlock asked suddenly.

"Writing out invites," she replied.

"For what?" he was anxious about the answer.

"I thought we could throw a little Christmas party for our friends."

He didn't protest or say anything more. He wanted (Y/N) happy. After all, it is the holidays, he reminded himself.

****

Everyone clapped as Sherlock bowed after finishing his violin piece. "Well done, Sherlock," Mrs. Hudson praised. "I do wish you played like that more often."

"It's a special occasion, Mrs. Hudson." he clarified.

(Y/N) smiled as she talked to Molly. They were laughing and discussing their individual relationships to Moriarty. The (H/C) had been wrong to judge Molly at first; she was such a sweet girl and probably (Y/N) 's best friend. American Christmas music softly played in the background. Guests milled about the flat as they talked to each other.

(Y/N) joined Sherlock's side, listening in on his discussion with his brother.

"It's good to see you again (Y/N)," Mycroft said, sending her a soft smile.

"It's good to see you too, Mr. Holmes," she replied.

"Please, call me Mycroft. No need for formalities."

She smiled and nodded in agreement, raising her glass to her lips. In the silence, the sound of a soft moan sounded throughout the room. Sherlock reached into his pocket and pulled out a phone. (Y/N) almost did a spit-take. Everyone was looking at the detective.

"What?" he asked. "It's just a text alert."

"Could you turn it down just a little bit?" Mrs. Hudson asked. "That noise is quite rude, isn't it?"

Lestrade, Scotland Yard's DI that she had met a month or so ago, cleared his throat to ease the tension.

"Sherlock?" John questioned, but he didn't receive a response. The detective excused himself from the party and went to his room, closing the door behind him.

"I'll go check up on him." John offered, walking down the hall after his best friend.

(Y/N) went to Molly's side. "You don't think it's Jim, do you?"

"I can't say for sure," she replied. "It must be something alarming for Sherlock to dismiss himself."

The (H/C) woman nodded and slowly took a seat in Sherlock's chair, contemplating what was going on.

Meanwhile, Sherlock was pacing back and forth in his room. The text had been from The Woman; Irene Adler. His equal, some would say. She had bested him before, but he decided that this time she wouldn't beat him again. John entered his room a few minutes later, and he met his best friends eyes. John could tell he was feeling conflicted.

"What's wrong, Sherlock?"

The detective took in a breath. "It's the woman. She's texted me again."

"Irene?"

Sherlock only nodded. John couldn't believe it; he thought they had finished her case since they hadn't heard from her for a few weeks. "Are you serious?"

"One hundred percent." the detective answered.

"What are we going to do?" John ran a hand through his hair. "What are you going to tell (Y/N)?"

"Nothing."

"You have to tell her about Irene, Sherlock," John sighed.

"That's not what I meant," he stated. "I meant I'm not going to respond to her, and (Y/N) will never know."

"What if she texts you again?"

"Then I won't let her ruin my holiday."

*****

It was a quiet, cold day in 221b, and Sherlock was comfortably sitting in his chair with his hands folded under his chin. He was in his mind palace, sorting through all the information he had stored. (Y/N) wandered out into the living room in her pajamas, rubbing the sleep from her eyes.

"Good morning, Sherl," she mumbled, moving into the kitchen to put a kettle on the stove. Waiting for the water to boil, (Y/N) turned on the television and opened Netflix. Sherlock cracked an eye open.

"What are you doing?"

His voice startled her. She smiled at him and joined him in his chair, remote in her hand. "I'm picking something for us to watch on Netflix."

"At least pick something interesting," he commented.

"I haven't finished 'Stranger Things' yet, so I hope it lives up to your expectations." she chuckled. The kettle was whistling in the kitchen.

A few minutes later (Y/N) sat down on the couch, setting the two mugs in front of her. Sherlock joined her on the couch, eyeing the drink she had made. She giggled. "It's hot chocolate, Sherlock. Even I get tired of drinking tea sometimes."

"You can never drink enough tea."

"People have their limits," she handed him a cup. "Just try it."

The detective took a sip and nodded softly, enjoying the drink. The 'Stranger Things' theme played on the sound system, and Sherlock was immediately hooked in.

It was nightfall by the time they were done.

"There has to be more!" Sherlock complained. "They can't leave it hanging like that."

"You have to be patient. I'm sure a new season will come out sooner or later."

Sherlock's eyes widened suddenly. "(Y/N) don't move."

"Why?" her eyes were wide now. "I swear Sherlock if there's a spider or something-"

He cut her off with a kiss. He smirked and pointed to the ceiling. "Mistletoe."

"You sly dog."

*****

Over the course of the week, Irene had texted him three separate times, asking him to dinner or to have lunch. He never responded to them.

Well, he didn't expect this.

New Year's Eve, Sherlock had planned a nice evening out to "The Dying Whale", Speedy's son's club. Jack was having drinks on the house tonight and the detective knew the establishment was (Y/N)'s favorite place in London. However, he canceled all his previous plans because Irene had sent one, simple text.

Let's meet at the pool where you met Moriarty. I want to meet your new girlfriend. -IA

Sherlock blinked, hoping this wasn't real. Would Moriarty be there? He kept wondering if it was a setup to persuade (Y/N) into coming back with him. Did she know really know about (Y/N)'s relationship with the consulting criminal?

(Y/N) smiled and entered the living room dressed up for dancing. She looked stunning, however, Sherlock frowned. "Change of plans, darling," he said. "Someone wants to meet us."

They walked down the sidewalk to the pool, the air chilly and nipped at their skin as the wind blew. (Y/N) pulled her coat around her tighter. "We could have taken a cab."

"It's New Year's Eve, almost eleven. No cabbies run at this hour."

"Whoever wants to meet us must be a real loon for wanting to meet at this hour. It's freezing, bloody hell."

Sherlock chuckled. The outside lights were dim as he held open the door for her to slip inside. (Y/N)'s shoes clicked on the tile, filling the silence with noise. "I remember this place, Moriarty met us here after I told him I wanted a divorce."

"She's sharp, Sherlock." a voice echoed in the silence.

Irene revealed herself as she sauntered toward them. Her hands were in her coat pockets, and her shoes clicked on the tile too. She smirked. "Pretty, too."

"You wouldn't have asked us here if you didn't want something," Sherlock replied.

Irene chuckled. "You know me well, but not well enough. I wanted to see you before I disappear for a while."

"That's wonderful, now, you've seen me and we can part our ways." his voice had an edge to it. He was worried, (Y/N) could tell. He turned and ushered the (H/C) woman towards the door.

"Moriarty sends his love."

(Y/N) stopped. Her breathing quickened and she turned to face the other woman. "What do you mean?"

"Exactly what I said," Irene smirked and began to exit through the other door. "Happy New Year, Sherlock."

And the clock struck twelve.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A.N: Happy New Year, everyone! I planned for this Christmas/Holiday special to be out before 2019 but I didn't have enough inspiration. I guess you can celebrate the new year by enjoying this new update, lmao.

This is the end of this story. No more updates, no more specials, but this ISN'T the end of Sherlock. There'll be a new story for him coming soon.

I hope you all have a wonderful 2019!

Until next time,

~Em

-Edit 1/03/19-

Hello everyone! Thank you for reading 'Youngblood'! I've published a chapter of my new Sherlock reader insert titled 'Keys and Strings' on my profile. This story will have a happier ending than this one did, I promise. If you like dodie's music, please feel free to check it out!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

489 38 10
While moral danger stalks John and Mary Watson's wedding reception, Sherlock Holmes faces his biggest challenge of all: delivering a best man's speec...
12.4K 547 33
Disclaimer: BBC Sherlock belongs to its rightful owners. Also, I only added some words to the cover. The pic I do not own. WARNING: READ THE FIRST B...
45.9K 1.4K 31
(Jim Moriarty X Reader) [COMPLETED] y/n Holmes, the youngest of the three Holmes siblings, decides to visit her brothers in London, fascinated by "Th...
519K 14.2K 67
Alexandra "Alex" Watson is the younger sister of John Watson. She comes to stay with him and Sherlock Holmes after escaping from her abusive boyfrien...