Close Your Eyes, Mr. Player

By XMagicX

If someone had told me that Jesse Larson, the schools biggest douche bag had lost his sight, I probably would... More

Close Your Eyes, Mr. Player ~ Prologue.
Close Your Eyes, Mr. Player ~ Chapter 2
Close Your Eyes, Mr. Player ~ Chapter 3
Close Your Eyes, Mr. Player ~ Chapter 4
Close Your Eyes, Mr. Player ~ Chapter 5
Close Your Eyes, Mr. Player ~ Chapter 6
Close Your Eyes, Mr. Player ~ Chapter 7
Close Your Eyes, Mr. Player ~ Chapter 8
Author's Note ~ New Story :) (IGNORE)
Close Your Eyes, Mr. Player ~ Chapter 9
Close Your Eyes, Mr. Player ~ Chapter 10
Close Your Eyes, Mr. Player ~ Chapter 11
Close Your Eyes, Mr. Player ~ Chapter 12
Close Your Eyes, Mr. Player ~ Chapter 13
Close Your Eyes, Mr. Player ~ Chapter 14
Saving Sarah Re-Upload! :D (IGNORE)
Close Your Eyes, Mr. Player ~ Chapter 15
Close Your Eyes, Mr. Player ~ Chapter 16
Close Your Eyes, Mr. Player ~ Chapter 17
Close Your Eyes, Mr. Player ~ Chapter 18
Close Your Eyes, Mr. Player ~ Chapter 19
Close Your Eyes, Mr. Player ~ Chapter 20
Close Your Eyes, Mr. Player ~ Chapter 21
ANOTHER New Story :)
Close Your Eyes, Mr. Player ~ Chapter 22
Close Your Eyes, Mr. Player ~ Epilogue
Close Your Eyes, Mr. Player ~ Final Author's Note (Cancelled FOR NOW)

Close Your Eyes, Mr. Player ~ Chapter 1

12.7K 321 40
By XMagicX

This chapter is kind of just a filler, but it'll get more interesting I promise :D

ENJOY!

Chapter 1

Finally. The last day of school. My last day of torment and torture before two months of peaceful, enclosed relaxation. And of course, the continuous ramblings of Hannah over Skype. Something I'd agreed to by becoming her friend. If Hannah wanted to video chat, she got her video chat. 

"It won't be so bad. It's just one more day. And I say we just camp out in the theatre all lunch like we used to do," Hannah said as we walked up the large stairs at the front of the school. I pushed open the doors and we walked down the hallway. I couldn't help myself from keeping a look out of Jesse and his pack of wolves.

Hannah noticed me searching around and laughed at me, clearly amused. "Maybe it'll be better if you don't look for him," she said, dragging me over to our lockers.

I shrugged. "Perhaps. I guess it's just instinct now."

"Well, you need to get over that." 

I sighed as we grabbed our books and headed to History class. She was right, of course. I couldn't be the innocent, gullible target my entire life. I had to get over Jesse Larson and not let him push me around like some middle school bully. "I know," was all I said when we walked into the classroom.

I had forgotten - for about two minutes, considering it was hard to forget this kind of thing - that Jesse and Palmer were in this class too. Somehow they'd made it here first, and were clearly awaiting my arrival. "Hey there, four eyes," Palmer said, his tone disgusted as Hannah and I took our seats in front of them. Lucky me. Palmer's sitting behind me today. This is exactly what I needed. Jesse may be a bigger bully, but Palmer doesn't know when to shut up. Something he really should have been taught back in Grade school. 

Instead of getting mad, I turned around and gave him a sickeningly sweet smile. "Hi Palmer," I said, before turning around again. I gave Hannah a look and she pointed a discreet thumbs up in my direction. 

"Wow Palmer, I told you, you only attract the ugly ones," Jesse said, picking on his best friend. 

Palmer grunted. "Shut up, man," he said, earning an amused chuckle from Jesse. That's when I felt him lean in from behind me. "I know I'm certainly not attracted to you," he said with a sneer. I just did my best to ignore it as he leaned back, slapping hands with Jesse. I rolled my eyes. "boys being boys was completely idiotic. 

Hannah leaned over to me and whispered in my ear. "I don't know why I ever found Palmer attractive in Middle School," she said, looking at him with disgust, which I'm pleased to say he simply ignored. 

"Jesse, where were you?" A high, girlish voice said from the doorway. I looked up to see Jesse's very pretty, very sweet girlfriend Zoe walking into the room. She flitted over to him like a tiny fairy and fell into his lap. I could tell by his facial expressions he was completely bored. "I've been looking all over for you."

He simply shrugged and tucked his arms behind his head. "Sorry babe, I woke up late last night. didn't get much sleep," he exclaimed, looking over Zoe's shoulder. I looked over to see a very bimbo-Esq blond girl twiddling her fingers at him. He gave her a subtle wink.

Zoe sneered over at her before pouting at her boyfriend. "You always do that. You sleep with another girl and totally ignore me," she said, snaking her arms around his neck. He seemed completely oblivious. Poor girl. 

Palmer sighed and stood up. "Zoe, baby, I'm going to tell you one thing about Jesse," Palmer said, pulling Zoe off of Jesse's lap. She continued to pout as he walked her over to her friends near the back of the glass. "The man needs his space. The only reason he doesn't date girls is he can have whatever the hell he wants, whenever. But you're willing to put out for him, so I wouldn't blow this by being a needy girlfriend or you'll be on your single ass by the end of summer," he said, sitting her down in an empty chair. Several guys in the room laughed, while some of Zoe's friends just glared in Jesse and Palmer's direction. 

"Thanks man," Jesse said, right before our teacher walked in. The other unfortunate thing about Jesse and Palmer being behind me? Their continuous, obnoxious, inappropriate comments towards our History teacher, Ms. Garland. I guess her short skirts and cleavage bearing tops didn't really help with the situation, any more than her looks did, but the boys could be more considerate. 

"Good morning class! Who's ready for summer?" Ms.G said, perching herself on her desk. I looked back and watched as Jesse's eyes followed the teachers legs as she crossed them at the knee. The whole class replied with whoops of joy. "That's what I like to hear! Parties, drinking..." 

"Sex," Jesse said, giving her a sly wink. She shook her head in amusement and jumped off the desk to write something on the board. 

When she finished, there was one word on the board. 'Karma'. "Karma. It's such a very strong word,  something I believe in. It's definitely true and I'm sure it has happened, or will happen to everyone in this room. Now who can tell me what it means?" she said, walking down the rows of desks.

My hand was the only one in the air, which earned a few snickers from Palmer and Jesse. When she called on me, I answered anyway. "Karma is almost like payback that was never planned. If someone does something bad, then the universe will punish them, making them regret their mistakes," I said, giving Jesse a pointed look. He just rolled his eyes toward the teacher.

She nodded at me, giving me a tight smile. "Thank you, that's right. I'm sure after hearing that, a ton of you wish Karma upon someone else." Jesse. "But it is never right to do that. The universe does not need your input in punishing anyone."

I noticed out of the corner of my eye that Palmer's hand shot into the air. "Ms.G, you're a history teacher. Why the hell are you telling us about this Karma crap?" he asked, earning an amused look from Jesse.

"Because. On the last day, I am here to help you on the right path to life."

On that note, we dropped the subject and spent the rest of the class being social. I was lucky enough that Jesse and Palmer had decided to hound the teacher instead of harassing me. That at least meat Hannah and I could talk for a few minutes. "I don't believe in that stuff," she said as soon as I turned towards her. 

I smiled lightly. "I do."

"Really?"

I shrugged. "Why not? I mean, it's a completely rational thing to believe in. And it's real. Some people even deserve it," I said, my eyes wandering to where Jesse was noticeably flirting with the teacher. And, yes, that is his hand on her thigh. Disgusting.

Hannah looked over at him and sighed. "True. But if you wish it upon him the forces of evil will punish you," she said, a teasing glint in her eyes.

"Goofball," I said with a giggle. 

She laughed. "You love me."

"I know."

After about an hour, the bell finally rang out and we headed to math class. Luckily, History was my own class with Jesse, and if it was up to me, I could avoid him the rest of the day. And when lunch finally came, I took Hannah's advice and we both quickly escaped to the auditorium.

Hannah appeared form behind the curtains as I walked in. "Wow, when was the last time we actually came in here?" she said, loud enough that it echoed. I loved that part of the the theatre. 

"I don't know," I said, climbing up onto the stage. "But I miss it," I said, fingering the thick velvet curtains. They had recently been replaced from their old navy blue colour to the beautiful red of Broadway curtains. They were definitely more appealing now. I suddenly had an image of me on a Broadway stage in New York, singing in front of hundreds of people. 

"Well let's see if you're voice is still in tact," Hannah said, running over to her iPod dock which she'd already plugged in. I watched as she quickly chose a song, and pressed play. I smiled when I heard the beautiful music of 'Only Hope' from a Walk to Remember, one of my favourite songs. I especially loved singing it.

"There's a song that's inside of my soul. It's the one that I've tried to write over and over again..."

~Jesse~

I heard it. I didn't know where it was coming from, but I heard it. And I knew Palmer heard it too, the look on his face proved it. "Holy shit, Jess do you hear that?" he said as we walked down the hall. We had been looking for Damien, but the music and the voice had distracted us.

"I think it's coming from in there," I said, pointing towards the door to the auditorium. Sure enough when we walked closer, it got louder. The voice was now easier to hear. It was beautiful and soft and innocent. I felt myself instantly falling towards it. I didn't recognize the song, but that voice definitely just made me a fan. "We should go in and listen," I said reaching for the handle. 

Palmer put his hand in front of mine and pointed to the window instead. I peeked in the window, unable to see anything except the back of the girl. She had long dark hair that was falling down her back in loose waves. But I knew she was the one singing.

"Come on man," Palmer said, dragging me away from the door, and away from the mystery girl with the angelic voice.

~Melody~

I couldn't stop smiling after Hannah's ridiculous reaction. She had jumped up and down for about ten minutes after the song had ended. Now she was laying in my lap, staring up at me. "Wow. Your voice got way better. You're off to Broadway, baby!" she said, jumping up.

I laughed. "Yeah right. When that happens, I'll buy you a unicorn," I said with a quick eye roll. 

"That would be pretty awesome," she said with a giggle.

"Too bad it will never happen," I said, standing up as well. As much as it would be a dream, I knew Broadway was a long shot, especially for a girl like me. I should probably just stick with Journalism. I had a better chance of making a career for myself out of that anyway. 

Hannah shook her head and laughed. "You could do it, Melody."

I shrugged, and simply let the rest of my very peaceful day relax me, before I finally went home, free of Jesse, free of Hannah's insanity, and free of the dreams holding me back from reality. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I know the ending doesn't have a lot to do with the story, but it's Melody's dream to be on Broadway and its better you know that than keep it hidden :P 

Otherwise, I know this chapter is probably a bit short, but I will try and write longer chapters. Please remember to Comment and Fan and Vote. Its very greatly appreciated :D Also, keep in touch for chapter 2, soon to come :) 

~ Ciao :D <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

298K 9K 33
CRINGE WARNING! First book I ever wrote on here!! -- "Sometimes the person who you are willing to take a bullet for is the person behind the gun." I...
132K 4.8K 38
"Jess, would you please get his order." Lisa winked at me and pointed the guy near the door. She is my one and only bestfriend since kindergarten...
342 12 30
Kira, on the brink of womanhood, is tired of living in her father's house; although he loves her, she cannot accept and forgive him knowing that he w...
4.8M 106K 41
I wouldn't trade my best friend for anyone else in the world. He's amazing, funny, supportive, and everything that is great. He can be a little prote...