A Situation Turned Serious

By amethystjewel04

From when Logan, Colin and Finn played that stunt in Mr. Bells class and Rory getting back at Logan by having... More

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
I'm Sorry! Please don't kill me!!

Part 6

2.2K 65 16
By amethystjewel04

Logan and Rory were quiet the rest of the evening. Although Honor and Josh weren't much of talkers at family dinners either. Lorelai just wanted to leave and wouldn't look at her daughter. The elders just chatted about the D.A.R., work, and other things that didn't interest the younger generations.

"So Rory, when are you available to meet to talk about the wedding?" Shira asked.

Rory was shocked she was called out on, and Logan felt her nervous aura and so did Honor.

"Mom, I think it would be best if we wait until both are out of college, before a wedding." Honor jumps in.

"But, we need to sort out the details.." Shira insists.

"And I'm sure you can, but may I remind you that planning a wedding is stress enough. Put that on top of school and that is too much for one to handle." Honor says.

"I guess... Rory do you know when you'll be graduating?"

"Oh, well I'm working on my Masters degree, so two to three more years."

Shira smiles and nods thinking of plans.

"Masters? Very ambitious I know only very few accomplish that." Elias comments.

"What she tackles, she conquers." Richard says smiling.

Rory had a slight blush as she took a sip of her drink. Logan gave her a side glance, a small smirk visible but he hid it behind the glass of his drink.

"Is that so?" Mitchum hummed.

"Yes, Rory has conquered whatever was thrown at her at Chilton." Emily says.

"Rory, tell them a few stories." Emily pushed.

"Oh, of course grandma. Well at the Franklin, Chilton's newspaper, the editor Paris Geller who is now a friend of mine. Didn't like me walking all over her territory. She wanted to be the valedictorian, but I'm the one who got that award. However, she gave me all the worthless articles, such as the re-pavement of a parking lot. The adviser of the Franklin loved it and requested I get better articles. Paris fumed because of my high praise." Rory started out.

"And that article was beautifully written. It was brought to a whole new meaning." Emily said.

"Do you have all that you have written on record? I'd like to read them myself." Mitchum smiled.

"Oh I have them all in a book, I'll give you a copy if you'd like." Richard suggests.

"That sounds great."

"What other challenges at Chilton did you face?" Honor asked.

"I actually started out a month late, because a spot finally opened up. I had a lot of homework, five book bags full. It was hard to catch up at first, but I did it. I was even on the debate team, with Paris. We won every debate. Paris convinced my to be the Vice President of the school council that way they'd vote for her as President, it was fun except I was black mailed a lot because of that. I ignored it mostly until Paris was glaring daggers at me and kept accusing me of things I didn't do. Even me liking and dating Tristan. He was a complete jerk and would not stop calling me Mary." Rory huffed.

"Tristan? As in Tristan DuGrey?" Mitchum asks.

"Yes, why?" Rory questioned.

"Well, Logan looks like you found your cousin's girl." Mitchum laughed.

Logan was confused then looked at Rory for a second before it clicked.

"Oh... so you're his Mary. The one he wouldn't stop talking about. Oh now this is too funny." Logan laughs.

"I'm lost." Rory said looking between a laughing Mitchum and Logan. She looked at Shira who was shaking her head while giggling, even a small giggle escaped Honor. Elias was chuckling to himself.

"Tristan is our cousin, and would not stop talking about a blue-eyed brunette he called Mary. He never said your name so we thought the girl's name was actually Mary. He'll be coming back here from military school in about four more years. But he comes around for some holidays." Honor explained.

"Ohhh... wait, he's still hung up on me? I never went out with him. Not even once."

"He did mention a few kisses though." Logan laughed.

Rory scoffed, "I was one kiss at a party, we both got dumped. I call it a mistake. And then there's the Romeo and Juliet play practices, those are a different story. My boyfriend then wanted to watch every single practice, it was the most uncomfortable experience of my life. Tristan, although, was sent away the night of the final performance and Paris took the roll of Romeo I had nightmares of that night for weeks." Rory shivered at the thought.

There were a few more light laughs even from her grandparents.

"Oh and there was this one time when we received our SAT scores back and Paris would not stop pestering me for mine. She even used Madeline calling me about a fake story to get my scores. Apparently, she had to know that she was better. She wouldn't get off my back for weeks until something else came up. Me and Paris competed a lot. Even in an essay contest, service projects, the Franklin of course, and we were both sent to the headmasters office a few times because of our major debates that got out of hand."

"When you say out of hand, you mean?" Logan asked curious.

"Too much yelling." Rory simply said.

"Seriously?"

"Yeah, it's a very prestigious school. They don't like a lot of yelling." Rory shrugged.

Logan laughed.

Once dinner was over all the Gilmore's were leaving, well except Rory was pulled back by Honor.

"I know this whole thing is more than just a set up. I know you two have feelings for each other." Honor whispered into Rory's ear.

Rory was about to speak when Shira cut in.

"Honor! Rory, oh good you haven't left yet, I was hoping if I could get a word."

"Oh of course." Rory smiled a fake smile.

"Logan is turning 23 in February, and Mitchum and I are scheduled to go see my ill mother in Paris." Shira starts.

"And I'm going on a trip with Josh to New Zealand for Valentine's, but we will be gone the whole month basically we need you to do something for his birthday." Honor continued holding Rory's hands.

"Why are you telling me this? Now of all times?" Rory asked.

"He's always grumpy and sad around his birthday. He doesn't like his birthday and we are giving you time to plan something in advance." Honor says.

"I was around two or three weeks before Logan's sixth birthday when Emma, Mitchum's mother, Logan's grandmother, fell ill. She became really sick and Logan was devastated. He wouldn't leave her side at the hospital, but when he did it was almost 10 o'clock on the night of his birthday when he had to go home because of school. And two minutes before midnight Emma died. Logan wasn't told the news until the day of the viewing, two weeks later on leap day."

Rory gasped at what Shira said, her eyes watered.

"I promise I'll do my best to drag him out of the dark hole he calls mourning." Rory says to try and lighten the mood a bit.

The three giggle a tiny bit. Shira and Honor pull Rory into a hug.

"Thank you." They both whisper into Rory's ear. Rory smiled.

As they let go of the hug, the three share their goodbyes and exits to see Logan leaning against the car, waiting patiently.

"Hey, sorry your mom and sister just wanted to talk to me - and what the hell happened?!" Rory exclaimed looking at a very downcast Logan holding his hand that was bleeding.

Logan looked up hesitantly, and Rory saw tears on his cheeks. She gasped, covering her mouth with one of her hands.

"Logan..." She whispered as she reached for his face to wipe away the tears, then she slowly went for his hand. She gently took it and examined it. Logan hissed silently when Rory touched one of his knuckles.

"Sorry. Logan what happened?" Rory said gently.

"I may or may not punched a tree repeatedly." Logan said shakily.

"Why? Why would you do that?" Rory said looking at him concerned, still holding his hurt hand.

"Because I don't deserve you." Logan said looking straight into her eyes.

Rory was speechless.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

232K 4.9K 37
Story is set after Season 7 - Eighteen months after Rory turned down Logan's proposal and she watched him walk out of her life for good at her gradu...
13.3K 333 28
3 years after the end of season 7, Rory is living in New York City, working as a writer for the New York Times. What will happen when she runs into...
109K 2.2K 47
Christina is back from her summer internship. Since what happened at the wedding she has refused to talk to her dad like she said she would. With col...
61.7K 2.4K 21
Matilda Hayden grew up with her father in the Elite Upper Class of Boston, and she quite enjoyed her life- thank you very much. She didn't have many...