A Situation Turned Serious

By amethystjewel04

From when Logan, Colin and Finn played that stunt in Mr. Bells class and Rory getting back at Logan by having... More

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
I'm Sorry! Please don't kill me!!

Part 5

2.2K 64 3
By amethystjewel04

The next day Rory and Lorelai hit the mall in New York for dresses that are appropriate for the evening come Friday.

"Ooh! What about pink?" Lorelai asked showing Rory the dress that looked like a flamingo threw up all over it.

"Unless you want to look like a sick flamingo in the middle of a desert, go ahead."

Lorelai rolled her eyes.

Rory then came across the blue section of the dress rack and found and immediately knew what shoes to get, so voila!

The dress was a navy blue that had a high-low skirt that puffed out a little and had detailed beading all along the the collar and bust with lace as well. It was sleeveless and modest, but modern. Her heels her the same navy blue with straps and a small gold buckle.

Lorelai wandered off to the red section then pieced the rest of her outfit together.

Friday rolled around and the mother-daughter duo were getting ready, when a knock was at the door

"Coming!" Rory called as she shuffled to the door putting in a diamond and silver dangling earring in her left ear.

Once she opens the door, she moves to the right ear and looks at who's in front of her.

"Logan? What are you doing here? And how did you find this address?" Rory questioned as she starts walking back to her room, then turns back and motions him to follow.

Logan follows her as he responds, "Well it's common courtesy."

Rory glares at him as she picks up the teardrop necklace, a gift from grandma Emily.

As she moved her hair aside and unfastened the clip of the necklace she didn't notice that Logan stood behind her.

He slowly took the necklace from her hands, slides her hair to the side, and then gently fastened the necklace around her neck.

Rory smiled at the kind gesture.

"Thank you." Rory said softly.

Logan nodded simply with a soft smile.

"So why exactly are you here?"

"To escort you to dinner. I believe your mom already left minutes ago."

"No she didn't.. Mom? Mom?! Mom!" Rory listened, it was dead quiet.

"Well then... lead the way Huntzberger."

Logan then exited to the front door with Rory trailing behind him.

They get to the limo and they have some polite conversation.

Once they arrive, Logan takes a deep breath before getting and then holding a hand out to Rory.

"Such a gentlemen." Rory said taking his offered hand and exiting the car.

"Only for you." Logan smirked.

Rory rolled her eyes.

They approached the door, a maid greeted them and took their coats.

Logan guided Rory to the living room, where Shira, Mitchum, Honor, Josh, and Elias were seated. He led her to a seat and went to get her and himself a drink.

"You must be family of Richard and Emily Gilmore." Mitchum says making polite conversation.

"Yes, they are my grandparents Mr. Huntzberger." Rory said politely and a society smile plastered on her face.

"Please, call me Mitchum."

Rory nodded, smiling lightly.

"You aren't very talkative." Shira points out sipping her martini.

Rory couldn't tell if it was a compliment or an insult.

"She's actually very witty. She is very literary and aspires to be a journalist, dad." Logan says sitting next to Rory handing her drink she smiles and takes it.

"Really? What department?"

"I enjoy features, but I my editor hands me a mixture of politics, features and entertainment."

Mitchum nods, "Do you think you'd aspire to be an editor?"

"I'm not sure, I've never had an editorial opportunity." Rory says and takes a sip of what was her drink of club soda.

"I could give you an internship, if you'd like."

Rory shakes her head lightly, "No thank you, I like to work for what I earn rather than it be given to me."

Mitchum smiles, "Well, the offer still stands."

At this, voices are heard, and footsteps too.

Emily, Richard and Lorelai come to the living room.

"Oh, Rory. I didn't know you were here already." Emily says taking a seat, Richard next to her and Lorelai next to him.

"Logan picked me up."

"Oh? How very nice of you Logan." Emily smiled.

"We were just talking about Rory's aspirations to be a journalist." Shira says.

Richard and Emily brighten at this.

"Yes, she has a beautiful way of words. Even rewrote the obituary of my mother." Richard says smiling.

"Wait, you wrote that?" Honor asked.

Rory nodded, "Yes, it was interesting to learn about the first Lorelai and what she has achieved. It made me feel like I knew her, even though I actually only met her three times."

"When I read it I was crying. It was beautifully written." Honor commented.

"Thank you." Rory smiled.

"What else are you studying at Yale?" Mitchum asked.

"Law and Business." Rory stated.

"Wait what?" Lorelai sputters, "I though it was English and Political Science?"

"I can change my mind every now and again, mom." Rory says, "besides I'm still considering dad's offer..."

"Christopher? You've spoken to your father? When?" Emily asked suddenly.

"A couple months before I started Yale. It's no big deal. If the journalism career path goes down hill for me, dad said I'd always have a place at the firm." Rory shrugged.

"I don't remember you telling me this. Why don't I remember this ever coming up?" Lorelai glares.

"That's because I never told you, mother."

Rory was trying to stay calm because she knew they were in front of others. Logan's family specifically.

Before Lorelai could say anything a maid came in.

"Dinner is ready Mr. and Mrs. Huntzberger." The maid said timidly.

Shira looked at the clock. It already 7:00.

"Thank you Mira, let's go to the dining room." Shira says and gets up.

Elias gets up and heads to the table silently.

Mitchum escorts Shira, Logan escorts Rory, Richard escorts Emily, Josh escorted Honor. Lorelai walked behind her father..

As they all sat Mitchum and Elias at the heads of the table, Shira to Mitchum's left, Logan to his right. Next to Logan was Rory then Honor then Josh. Next to Shira was Emily, then Lorelai then Richard.

As the food was served, everyone was silent.

"So the objective of why we have invited you here, is to discuss an engagement between Logan and Rory." Mitchum says.

"What?!" Shira shrieked, "You said nothing about this to me."

Lorelai was in shock and then stared at her daughter. Rory felt like shrinking in her seat.

Slyly, Logan placed a hand on Rory's knee telling it would be okay. Rory placed her hand on top of his gently.

Luckily, no one saw the small exchange.

"Well Mitchum, we are truly honored, but wouldn't we want the children's say in the matter? They've barely known each other a week." Richard comments.

"Actually... grandpa, if I may." Rory says looking at her grandpa.

Richard nodded for her to continue.

"We've known each other since two weeks after the start of school... I think. So we've know each other for about almost two months now." Rory clarified.

"Perfect! I'll have the prenup ready by the end of the week." Mitchum smiles.

"That's not - " Rory tried but they ignored her.

"I'll call Christopher. I'm sure he'd want a say in the matter." Richard says.

"Very well." Mitchum nods.

The rest of the dinner went smoothly, surprisingly.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3K 41 12
What if Logan and Rory went a different way at the end of season 7? What if Rory decided to take a leap of faith and jump? This story has probably be...
232K 4.9K 37
Story is set after Season 7 - Eighteen months after Rory turned down Logan's proposal and she watched him walk out of her life for good at her gradu...
399K 6.1K 72
A story that starts immediately after those fateful four words. How will things pan out for Rory and Logan? Will he be involved in his child's life...
43.9K 1K 24
Logan and Rory haven't spoken since that fateful day 8 years ago when she refused his proposal and both of their hearts were broken, but neither of t...