Unexpected Late Night

By rachel_dulay

{completed} cover by @ mahgadahling Chloe Fisher, The radiant, talented up and coming ballerina preparing fo... More

Chloe.
Joel.
Chloe.
Joel.
Chloe.
Joel.
Chloe.
Chloe.
Joel.
Chloe.
Joel.
Chloe.
Joel.
Chloe.
Joel.
Chloe.
Joel.
Chloe.
Joel.
Chloe.
Joel.
Chloe.
Joel.
Chloe.
Joel.
Chloe.
Joel.
Chloe.
Joel.
Chloe.
Joel.
Chloe.
Joel.
Chloe.
Joel.
Chloe.
Joel.
Chloe.
Joel.
Chloe
Joel.
Chloe.
Joel.
Chloe.
Joel.
Chloe.
Joel.
Chloe.
Joel.
Chloe.
Joel.

Joel.

8.6K 187 16
By rachel_dulay

📍New York, New York.
Guess who's finalllly been cleared to get back on the ice.
tagged mapleleafs

mapleleafs glad to have you back!!
benpatrick lets get it!!!!!
samanthalane mom says be careful, so listen to the woman please
chloefisher cheering you from home, good luck!!!

My first time back and we were back on the road, to say I was scared was an understatement, I had skated a few times this past week and trained by myself with some of the coaches, they've allowed me to come on the road with them. We were in New York, to Philadelphia and then Detroit. If I was still uncertain about playing, I could test my luck with New York's game and pull out for the rest. But I felt ready, I trained all week and we were scheduled to play on Saturday night, we would be missing Thanksgiving sadly.

My family and I had a semi small and early one on the Thursday before I left on Saturday morning, wanting to get some more training in and rest on Friday, which I spent it with Chloe. Since I had been training by myself I was scheduled to practice with the boys today, so I sat on the benches, watching them do their play. I checked my phone every once and a while as they did our normal drills.

After a quick practice we were all forced to go back and get some rest, Mike wanting everyone to be well rested for tonight's game. We wanted to bring home a win for Toronto, it kinda sucks how we didn't have a home game for Thanksgiving this year because if we won it would've been better to do it at home but, life is life.

Mitch
Dude, check our girls Instagram pics. They love each other more than us

Was a text I got when I entered my hotel room with Ben, I chuckle at Mitch's text and immediately go to Instagram to see what he fussing about,

stephlachancee thanksgiving pregame tea with this gal. I've missed you babe.
Tagged chloefisher

lucygardiner_ gorgeous gals, see you at the party!
unknown1 the wags are coming together!!!!
chloefisher wow I love you.
marner_93 first reason why Steph loves Chloe more
joellane I'm missing that gorgeous face on the left
auston_matthews there's a party? lucygardiner_
williamnylander ^^^^ I want some turkey saved for me......

chloefisher it was pretty hard to gather these leaves and not have people stare at us as we posed for them, but Happy Thanksgiving!!
tagged stephlachanee c_marleau

c_marleau my baby girls
TMLWAGS counting the hours down to the party!
williamnylander still want some turkey saved for me, thx.
benpatrick lowkey think that everyone in the leaf fan base loves the WAGS more.........
chloefisher What makes you think that benpatrick

I didn't know that the wags were having a party but I mean they do them, nothing stops them. I just find it cute that their throwing one. Ben and I were laying on our beds, I was scrolling on my laptop when Chloe's name popped up. I answer immediately and Ben groans, turning the tv up higher. I laugh.

"Hey!" I smile at my girlfriend, damn that felt good to think.

"Hi"

"So there's a party?" I ask, and she nods with a chuckle. We continue to talk for a bit before I had leave, as I was leaving I realized that she made me less nervous she took my off my first game back after four weeks.

joellane That's for making me laugh and get my mind off my first game after four weeks of being gone. Thank you
Tagged chloefisher
comments disabled

Coming home two weeks later with all three wins in our pockets felt so amazing. We weren't scheduled to play until later that week so for the long weekend we had I went home. "Your home!" Cassidy screams and jumps into my arms.

"Ah"I stumble back as I catch her and she wraps her legs around my waist. "You've still got a boot remember that" I laugh as I squeeze her back. I see everyone else come out. I slowly put Cassidy down and hug everyone else.

"Oh sweetheart, I'm so proud of you"Mom kisses my cheek. I smile at her. And suddenly she whacked me.

"What was that for!" I yell with a laugh.

"Mom's mad that Chloe's your girlfriend" I roll my eyes and grab my duffle bag.

"I'm sorry mom"I kiss her cheek.

"She should come over for dinner this weekend"She announces.

"That would be nice"Dad agrees with mom.

"I don't know, she's quite busy with rehearsals"

"Well the girl deserves a night of relaxation, she's been working so much. Invite her and see what happens"Dad says. I nod as I close the door behind me, I follow Cassidy into the living room. She was watching Full House.

Joel
My parents want you to come over for dinner this weekend, would you be free?

I wasn't expecting her to answer right away because I knew that she was in rehearsals "I can't believe you got Chloe flowers for you winning all three games"Sam says coming into the living room. I laugh. It was true, I wanted to give back and thank chloe for supporting me on the road so I ordered some flowers to be delivered at her apartment. I exited the airport seeing an Instagram about her and her flowers.

chloefisher even thought the Leafs won joellane was the one to send me flowers. Thank you, these are beautiful.
📸kalanileblanc

joellane see you soon!!!! ✈️
kalanileblanc I'm jealous
stephlachanee take notes marner_93
lucygardiner gorgeous!!
unknown2 idk what's better those flowers, chloe herself or the fact that Joel and Chloe are dating but haven't really confirmed it!
unknown5 we all know Chloe and Joel are dating, no need for confirmation from anyone😂

After a few minutes I feel my phone buzz and I lift it up,

Chloe
Sure! I'm free Saturday

Joel
Great, my mom will be excited. I'll pick you up at around three.

Chloe
Can't wait! :)

"Mom!" I yell.

"Yes dear?"

"Chloe said she's free on Saturday so take it or leave it!"

"Saturday sounds good to me!"

Cassidy laughs, I look down at her "what?"

"You were unconscious the day mom and dad met Chloe" I completely forgot about that, they had already met four weeks ago when I came back home blacked out. "Oof his face" Cassidy laughs. I roll my eyes at her.

"How did that go?" I ask my two sisters.

"Really well, I did most of the work while nurses checked on you so"Sam shrugs looking at the tv mounted on the wall.

"What do they think of her?" She laughs and finally looks over at me.

"They obviously love her, you don't have to worry dude"I watch as she looks back at the tv.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
I knock on Chloe's apartment door at a bit past three, the drive down from Kingston took a lot long then expected "come in!"I hear, I open the door and step in. I see a container on the counter and look at it "Hey" she smiles and walks into the kitchen area.

"Hi"I smile as I wrap an arm around her and lean down to kiss her. "You know you didn't have to make anything" she rolls her eyes.

"It's dessert, my mom gave me the recipe to her famous s'mores cookies bar" I lift up the container.

"You really didn't have too"

She shrugs "but I wanted to" she reaches up and kisses my cheek before slipping away from my grasp. I watch as she grabs for her purse and I grab the container.

"Ready?" She nods and we exit. She yawns and I laugh as we walk down the hall, I grab her hand in mine. "What time did you get in last night?" I ask her.

"It was way to late, I don't remember"

"Well wanna grab some coffee?" I ask as we step into the elevator.

"Oh could we please"I chuckle and kiss the side of her head.

"Anything for you" I smile.

joellane A quick stop for some coffee before heading home with my lovely girlfriend
Tagged chloefisher

unknown1 FINALLY CONFIRMED!!!!
luciefisher CUTEE!
kalanileblanc blessing the internet with this confirmation.
cassidylane k so like get your asses here, I wanna hug her.
benpatrick an internet surprise.......

"We're home!"I yell as I allow Chloe to step in before me. Suddenly my sisters come running down the stairs, well Sam does and crashes Chloe into a hug. "Not like I'm important"I chuckle as i throw my keys onto the table beside me and grab mine and Chloe's jacket and purse, hanging them up.

"Shut up!"Both my sisters yell at me as they continue to hug Chloe tightly.

"Wow, I didn't know I was that loved"

"Joel hardly brings girls home"mom says coming from the kitchen "hi honey"they hug.

"Hi Mrs Lane"

Mom scoffs "oh please call me Tessa, and dessert? You shouldn't have!"

"Please it's my mom's famous recipe"She hands the container to mom as we all follow her into the kitchen. I help Cassidy by lifting her up.

"How's the leg coming along Cassidy?" Chloe asks as I pull out a chair for her.

"I'm going back to the doctors next weekend so hopefully everything is going Alright and I'll have the cast off by the end of January"

"That's exciting"

"And Joel has told me that you've been rehearsing a lot lately, when does the public get to watch the performance?" Mom asks.

"Just after Christmas holidays, second week of January" Chloe smiles from ear to ear. I lean on the counter, beside Chloe.

"I'm sure your parents are very excited" Dad comments. Chloe nods.

"Oh they are, they want front row tickets for all four days"

"Is it too much to ask for front row tickets on your opening night as well"I joke. She looks up at me.

"You guys wanna come?"

"I was joking pumpkin"I chuckle.

"I'm not joking, I wanna come"Cassidy says and Sam shoves a bowl to her gentle. Making her stumble back. "I mean if it's not to much to ask"Chloe laughs.

"I'd love for you guys to come, just say how many tickets and what days and you've got them"

"I love her"Mom looks at me and I glare at her with a playful smile "welcome to the family" mom winks before entering the dinning room.

"Hey now, don't go seeking any ideas Alright. Maybe after this dinner I won't bring her back, because everyone of you tend to run everyone off"

"My family does the same, I've lasted this long in that family. I'll be fine"Chloe pats my bicep and smiles at my sisters.

"Damn, she's good"Cassidy nods and I turn her away. I look back over at chloe as she gave me a teasing smile.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"You really didn't have to drive me back all the way, I could've like"She trails off as she puts her purse on the counter.

"You could've?"I chuckle. She looks at me for a loss of words. "Exactly, I wanted to drive you Alright. I don't care about the long car ride, I got to spend a lot more time with you, that's all"I shrug, I watch as she takes a step closer to me and I wrap my arms around her waist loosely.

"Thank you"

"For?"

"The goals, the flowers, the drive, the dinner. Yourself"She shrugs, I smirk.

"Of course"I lean down to kiss her. "What if I said I wanted to come all four days to watch you perform as well?" I whisper.

"Really?"

"I'd have to check the schedule but I want to be there for you. You've stood by me since we've started talking, I wanna return the favour"I shrug.

"You sure you won't fall asleep?"

"If I'm sitting in the front row, starring at my beautiful girlfriend. I don't think I could fall asleep" she smiles and I tuck a piece of hair behind her ear.

"If you really want to"

"I really do"

"Than I'm fine with that"

"Thank you"I kiss her cheek. It was much more than just a simple thank you for that moment, it was a thank you for her being with me while I wasn't aloud to leave my apartment, or support me the last two weeks on the road, or even be with my family when I came home unconscious.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.9M 367K 43
[Now free to read!] Scott Wilson isn't used to being corrected, and he definitely didn't expect to get his biggest dose of criticism by his coach's d...
75.9K 1.3K 19
#2 in the carolina colts series dimitri & nadia's story ~ his eyes focus on my lips briefly as he whispers "why do we always end our time together li...
75.3K 1K 62
In which she gets bullied out of her hockey team and journeys with the gang. Sage McKenna (hockey star) is flawed. Her family is half way across the...