Can't Handle Me

By crunchie17

Rory Adams, a rebellious 17 year old girl, has had enough of her abusive father. Her life off rebellion, gett... More

Fresh Meat
D-Tent
Blisters and Gloves.
The Lump.

Can't Handle Me

2.2K 44 5
By crunchie17

This is a Holes Fanfiction. Squid/OC Pairing.

Does contain swearing and violence and a near rape scene.

I don't own anything to do with the movie Holes or the book. I only own my original character and my original scenes :) Thank you.

I've been meaning to post this for a while so here I go!! :)

Please comment, vote and follow.

---------------------------------------------------------

"Get up!" My bright green eyes, fluttered open in surprise as my bedroom door was thrown open. My father stood there, a lit cigerette placed between his lips as he glared at me.

"I said 'Get up'!" He yelled louder, his British accent strong as he stormed further into my room and dragged me out of my bed by my leg causing me to fall painfully on to the wooden floor.

"Get ready. I want my breakfast before you leave for work!" He yelled before he slammed the door shut behind him as he left my room.

I bit my tongue to stop myself from screaming nasty comments about him as I untangled myself from my sheets.

It was 4 o'clock in the morning and I had to be at work by 6. I worked in a small cafè in the main part of town which was at least a 20 minute drive on my motorbike.

I grumbled a few curses under my breath as I pulled myself to my feet and walked over to my shower.

I was born in London and once my little brother Ryan was born my mother decided that we should move away. That's how we ended up in Austin, Texas. Unfortunately, after living here for just over a year my mother died. She was walking home at night and was raped by a group of men and then they shot her.

After her death I had become a lot more rebellious and I was kicked out of school. I went from being at the top of my classes to being expelled. I even joined a gang at one point and they became my best friends.

Ever since my mum died last year my father had become... distant. It started with him drowning his grief with alcohol every night when he went to the pub. He then began to drink all the time, there is never a time when he wasn't drunk or high on drugs. He didn't work anymore so I had to work. He soon began blaming me for my mum's death and verbally abusing me. I could handle that. I learnt to cope with that but then things just got worse. I would've ran away as soon as the physical abuse began but I refused to leave my 10 year old brother Ryan to suffer the abuse instead. So I stayed. I stayed to keep him safe.

Once I had a quick shower I walked back into my room and pulled on a pair of black shorts and an off-the-shoulder black halter top. I braided my raven black hair so it fell over my right shoulder before I pulled on my converses and walked out of my bedroom.

I walked into the kitchen and saw my father sat at the table with a can of beer and a newspaper in his hands. He slowly looked up at me and his expression turned angry.

"You took your time, bitch." He snarled as he rose to his feet

I ignored him as he stomped up the stairs. I quickly began making his bacon when I heard him enter the room again. This time he wasn't alone.

His fist was grasping my brother, Ryan's shoulder in a painful grip as he dragged the 10 year old into the room and roughly forced him into a chair at the table.

My knuckles turned white as my grip on the spatula increased due to my anger. I hated seeing that man lay a single finger on my dear brother but if I stood up to him he would hurt Ryan more. Besides I always took the beatings for him anyway, whenever he would get blamed for doing something I would take the blame instead.

"Here." I said as I handed my father his food.

"Its about time, bitch. I was beginning to think that I'd have to teach you another lesson." He sneered.

I was about to turn away and ignore his usual verbal abuse but it was not me who spoke up next.

"Don't call her that!"

My gaze snapped to my brother who had jumped to his feet and was glaring at our father.

I was shaking in fear, awaiting what my father was going to do.

Ryan yelled in pain as my father back-handed him across the face causing him to fall to the kitchen floor. "Don't tell me what to do you fucking runt!" My father screamed at Ryan who was whimpering in pain.

"Don't touch him!" I yelled as I stood protectively in front of Ryan. My body shaking in anger and fear.

The next thing I knew I was pinned against the wall with tears streaming down my face. Both of my fathers hands were wrapped around my neck making it almost impossible for me to breath.

I recognised Ryan screaming for him to release me but he just tightened his grip on my throat.

"Never disobey me! You fucking slut!" He hissed as he released my throat and punched me repeatedly in my stomach.

I slumped to the floor and wheezed painfully as he just laughed and stormed out of the house.

"A-re you okay?" I asked as I looked up at Ryan who was crying hysterically from his place on the floor.

I saw him nod numbly before he crawled over to where I was curled up on the kitchen floor, clutching my now bruised ribs.

"We can't stay here." I gasped out as I gently ran my thumb over Ryan's bruised cheek.

"Go upstairs and pack your suitcase. We'll stay with Callum, Jack and Makaila until I find us a place of our own." I told him firmly. Callum, Jack and Makaila were all part of the gang I joined last year and they have become my best friends, basically family.

"Are you okay? You shouldn't take beatings for me." He said as he cried. "Its all my fault."

"Never say that." I told him as I held his shoulders. "None of this is your fault. Now go upstairs and pack anything you want to take with us."

He did as I said and I quickly pulled my phone from my pocket and dialled Makaila's number.

'Hello' She answered happily as usual.

'Hey, Its me Rory. Can you come and pick Ryan and I up? We can't stay here with him anymore.' I told her. The gang knew about the abuse and had tried to help me before but I told them I could handle it.

'I'll be there in ten. Make sure you're packed and you can stay with me.'

'Thank you, Mak. Love you.' I told her.

'Love you too, Roar.' As soon as those words left her mouth I hung up and hauled myself to my feet. I quickly hurried up to my room and grabbed my duffle bag.

I stuffed it with my favourite clothes and some old ones and all my bathroom products. I collected all of my money, my credit cards, my phone and charger. I also grabbed my favourite books and my lion cuddly toy. That's how I got my nickname 'Roar' from Mak.

After I grabbed all of the things I needed. I grabbed my motorbike keys and helmet, my skateboard and my bags, and hurried out of my room.

Ryan was stood outside on the driveway with his suitcase and rucksack as he clutched his teddy bear. I dumped my bags, rucksack and my skateboard beside his belongings as I pulled my favourite leather jacket on. It was a perfect fit for me and had 'Rory' embroided on the back.

I sighed in relief as Mak pulled into the driveway in her white Range Rover.

Callum and Jack got out and gently hugged me before they loaded all of our things into the backseats.

"Go with Jack." I told Ryan with a reasurring smile as Jack took him to the Range Rover and sat him in the back seat.

"We'll take him in the car. Are you planning on riding your motorbike?" Mak asked as she stuck her head out of the car window.

I nodded.

"Alright. We'll see you at the house." She told me before she pulled out of the driveway.

I hurried to my black MV Agusta F4CC and climbed on the back, pulling my helmet on quickly.

Within minutes I was speeding down the streets, relaxing for once as I thought about how Ryan and I were finally safe.

At least that's what I thought...

---------------------------------------------------------

It had been three days since Ryan and I left our father and his abusive antics behind. I was currently at the cafè and I was doing the night shift so it was just me as I was closing up.

That's when it happened. The door to the cafè was thrown open and to my horror my father stormed in looking scarier than usual.

His eyes were almost black and he was dripping wet from walking in the rain.

"Hello bitch. Did you really think that you could run from me?" He snarled as he swung his fist and I heard the cracking when he punched my face.

I fell to the floor with a pain-filled groan as I looked up at him fearfully.

"I'm going to teach you a lesson you'll never forget." He hissed as he dragged me to my feet and threw me over one of the tables making it break beneath me.

I screamed in agony hoping that someone walking passed would hear me but no one did.

He grabbed a knife from behind the counter and walked over to me with a venimous smile on his face as he twirled the knife in his hands. I could see the hate and anger pooling in the depths of his eyes as he stalked over to me.

"You remind me of your mother." He hissed and pinned me to the floor when I tried to shuffle away from him.

He tore the bottom of my shirt and placed the knife against my skin and despite my efforts to get him off of me he slowly began to cut my skin open. Although it wasn't deep it didn't stop me from yelling in pain.

"Shut up!" He yelled as he slapped me repeatedly. The knife now lay forgotten beside him. "How do you feel about dying the same way as your mother?"

Before I could blink, nevermind register what he said, I heard him unzipping his jeans.

"No!!" I screamed in fright when I realised that he was going to rape me. "Get off of me you bastard!" I yelled.

I tried with all my strength to push him away when he began kissing my neck but it was all in vain.

I suddenly remembered the knife and without thinking I blindly grabbed it and I brought my knee up which successfully collided with his balls. He doubled over in pain and rolled off of me.

I got to my feet and ran around the tables to try and reach the door. But he blocked my path and smirked at me almost sadistically. The knife was shaking in my hand as I gripped it tighter.

He suddenly ran at me and tackled me to the ground. I dropped the knife. I tried to crawl towards it but he grabbed my ankle and dragged me backwards. Using my other foot I kicked him in the face, effectively making him release me. I managed to grab the knife and when he lunged at me again I plunged the knife into his stomach. His eyes widened and so did mine.

"A- Aurora..." He spluttered.

I pulled the knife out and shuffled away from him.

I knew I had to call the police and explain but before I could...

"What have you done?!" I turned to the door to see Cassidy, my father's girlfriend, who also happened to be one of the best lawyers in the state. She was stood in the doorway and was already calling the police. I tried to explain what happened but she didn't want to hear it.

I almost killed my father, her boyfriend in self-defense but I knew she was going to make me go down for it.

I was officially screwed.

---------------------------------------------------------

I was standing in the courtroom a few weeks later. Ryan was with Callum and Jack at Makaila's house whilst she came to the hearing to support me.

I clenched my fists as I stood in the courtroom. I knew that I was going to be punished but I was quite relieved when I found out that once my father was healed he would be sent to jail for child abuse and attempted rape. So at least he wouldn't go unpunished.

"Aurora Adams, please rise." The jugde ordered and I did as he said and faced him.

"You are being charged with the attempted murder of your father, Jacob Adams. I could send you to jail and I would not lose any sleep over it. However given that you claim it was due to self-defense I am giving you a choice, Camp Green Lake or Jail? The all-girls military school has no vacancies so the all-boys Camp Green Lake are offering you a place as a 'tester' to determine whether they will allow girls to continue to join. So the choice is yours; Camp Green Lake or jail?" The judge asked.

I gulped. I would never survive jail, I knew that, but being the only girl at an all-boys camp didn't sound good at all.

"Camp Green Lake." I sighed.

The judge nodded and slammed the gavel down. "Eighteen months at Camp Green Lake."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

642K 39.2K 103
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
1.1M 49.3K 95
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
1.1M 44.7K 51
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
115K 5.7K 54
(y/n) (l/n) a girl who was born in the modern world who somewhat ends up in the taisho era of demon slayer. Her sassiness and eccentric attitude capt...