My Brother's Best Friend

By sincerelyjayy

Everyone knows the golden rule when it comes to siblings: don't date your sibling's best friend. Rankings: #4... More

My Brother's Best Friend
Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight

Chapter Six

9.3K 414 110
By sincerelyjayy

"Can you stop changing songs?" I roll my eyes at Fergie.

He can never keep it on one song, and that's why I hate riding in the car with him. Tamara seems to be having a blast, as if this is amusing. Ethan has his earphones in to block out all the nonsense happening around him. He's been a real downer the entire time he's been in the car. I really hope he doesn't act like this all weekend. I could have saved my invitation, if that's the case. He needs to learn how to let loose a little bit. Maybe I should take my own advice, according to Fergie.

"I just can't keep it on one song." He shrugs his shoulders. "I get tired of them quickly."

I take it upon myself to unplug the AUX cord from his phone and plug it into mine. He looks at me with disbelief and tries to grab it back.

"Boy, keep yo eyes on the road." I tell him.

"You're just disrespectful. How are you gonna unplug my AUX cord in my car?"

"Ain't nobody got time for you switching songs." I scroll through my music and settle for an upbeat, pop song.

"You have crap music taste."

I know he's joking because he was singing this song to the top of his lungs the last time we were in the car together.

"I have to use the bathroom!" Tamara says out of nowhere.

"Can't you wait? We only have an hour and a half left." Fergie looks at her through the rear view mirror.

"If I could wait, then I wouldn't have said it." She narrows her eyes at him.

I text my brother to tell him that we're going to stop at the nearest gas station to let Tamara use the bathroom. I can tell that Fergie is pissed because of how annoying my friends have been. Tamara has been fawning over him and Ethan refuses to acknowledge him. This isn't how I planned for the start of this weekend to turn out, but hopefully it goes accordingly.

Once we stop at the gas station, Ethan and Tamara hop out. I don't have to use the bathroom, so I stay in the car and relax against the seat. I should probably try to use the bathroom, but I don't really feel like moving. Besides, I'd rather be alone with Fergie while I can before my friends come back.

"You're not getting out?" He asks me.

"Nope." I simply say with my eyes closed.

"I call dibs on the master bedroom." He states.

"That was random." I open my eyes and laugh at him.

"There's a loft that has way too many spiders and the other two bedrooms don't have their own bathroom. So, I call dibs on the master bedroom."

"And you're telling me because?"

"Because we all have to share."

It doesn't take rocket science to know what he's hinting at. He wants me to bunk with him; that's the only reason I can think of. I would love to share a room with Fergie for a couple of nights, but I don't think it's a good idea. He's already seen me naked, I'm his best friend's sister, and I have a mad crush on him. Nothing good can come out of this.

"Devin wouldn't even let that happen." I shake my head, chuckling.

"Well, I invited you." He points out. "I'm not sharing a room with Tamara and I'm definitely not sharing a room with Ethan."

"What's with you and Ethan?" I raise my eyebrows.

"I don't have a problem with him. He doesn't like me, for some odd reason. Therefore, I'm not sharing a room with him. And I think it's pretty obvious why I won't share one with Tamara. She might try to molest me in my sleep or something."

"Don't do my best friend." I laugh. "And as far as Ethan, don't worry about him. He has a lot on his plate right now. It's easy for him to come off as rude."

"You never answered my question." He eyes me.

"You never asked me a question. You simply made a suggestion indirectly." I state.

"Why are you such a smart ass?" He chuckles, playfully flicking my arm.

"Because all you have to do is ask."

"Fine." He clears his throat dramatically. "Will you do me the honor of sharing a room with me?"

"Why yes, kind sir." I nod my head.

"Okay, joke's over, lame ass." He laughs.

It doesn't take us long to get back on the road and before we know it, we're pulling up to the lake house in Sumner. We passed a few other lake houses on the way, but they were miles apart. We have our own secluded area. It's hundreds of acres surrounded by wildlife and nature—which is definitely not my thing, but I'm willing to give it a try this weekend. The lake house is absolutely stunning; Fergie said that his uncle built it himself, being an architect and all.

"Remember, I call dibs on the master bedroom." Fergie announces to everyone while we unpack our bags. Strangely, he keeps his eyes on me, as if I don't remember.

"Come on babe, put those cross country legs to test. We ain't finna be stuck in the loft." Devin says to Brittany, rushing to the front door.

"He does know you have the keys, right?" I chuckle.

"I don't think he cares." Fergie laughs.

"What's wrong with the loft?" Tamara asks.

"Let's just say spiders and more spiders." Fergie shudders.

"Gross."

"We are in the woods, Tamara." Ethan deadpans. "Spiders are everywhere."

"Can we just stop talking about spiders and go into the house?" Tamara waves him off.

I thought the exterior of the house was gorgeous, the inside leaves me completely in awe. I'm not a big fan of 'all things wood' but it looks nice in this cabin. I think my favorite thing about this house so far is the stone fireplace. I can't wait to lay down by the fire and just relax.

"Okay guys, I have a few rules." Fergie says. "Well, my uncle does—they're not my rules. My cousins and my uncle told me to leave everything the same. If we mess up, we clean up. Don't touch his alcohol. Wash the towels and sheets before we leave."

"Are you done now, bro? I ain't tryna sleep in that loft." Devin rolls his eyes. The couple of Devin and Fergie's friends that tagged along start to laugh.

"Yeah, man." Fergie waves him off.

"You wanna go find a bedroom that's not the loft?" Tamara asks me. "Like now."

"Sorry T, I'm already bunking with Fergie." I frown.

"What?" She smirks.

"It's not like that." Fergie shakes his head and my heart sinks a little—even though I know it's not like that.

"Well, guess that leaves me and you." Tamara links arms with Ethan. Luckily for them, the other people haven't budged yet. They might just make it to the other bedroom and won't have to sleep in the loft.

"Come on." Fergie nods his head at me and I follow him.

We enter the master bedroom and my eyes quickly divert towards the huge, stone fireplace near the bed. Then, they travel to the sunroom connected to the bedroom by French double doors. I'm actually surprised that the room is bright and stylish, compared to the rest of the cabin, which is basically wood.

"This is cool." I state.

"Yeah, it's one of my favorite rooms in this house." He nods his head.

I put my bag at the end of the bed and take a seat on it. It's just as comfortable as I imagined it to be. I can already tell this is going to be a comforting weekend. I have the most gorgeous view of the lake from the bedroom I'll be staying in and I will have the warmth from the fireplace. Not to mention, a very attractive Fergie will be staying in the same room as me. It looks like this can't get any better.

"I call sleeping on the side next to the fireplace." I say.

"I don't care." He chuckles. "I'm gonna sleep good either way."

"I'm gonna go look around." I stand up.

"Okay." He nods his head.

•••

How'd you guys like this chapter?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

834K 16.3K 52
Sky has been in love with Drew for as long as she can remember. Only problem is he's her older brother's best friend and sees her as a little kid. He...
205K 7.3K 42
Kelanie falls for his best friends brother. (Not good with descriptions, sorry) BOOK #1 (Mpreg!!) I went back through the book and realized I had so...
1.2M 29.1K 96
Read to Find out . . 💆🏾‍♀️ P.S .. yes , I know that the first chapters go pretty fast & that's kinda the point. Just showing how fast some girls ca...
237K 12.9K 51
Jasmine and Megan have always been best-friends since childhood. Now that they are older, they are both YouTube sensations who live together. The pro...