The Prince's Secret (Prince H...

By SatyraSpenser

Prince Harry of Wales is engaged to marry a beautiful American actress. He loves her...or so he keeps telling... More

Part 1 - Do The Right Thing
Part 2 - "To Harry and Meg!"
Part 3 - The Ring
Part 4 - Falling For You
Part 5 - Don't Overthink It
Part 6 - The Note
Part 7 - "To Sam. And Harry."
Part 8 - Aftermath
Part 9 - An Offer
Part 10 - Chasing My Tail
Part 11 - Another Unknown Number
Part 12 - The Sleeping Lion - Part 1
Part 13 - The Sleeping Lion - Part 2
Part 14 - The Sleeping Lion - Part 3
Part 15 - The Sleeping Lion - Part 4
Part 16 - Thoughts
Part 17 - Spilled Beans
Part 18 - Advice at Anmer Hall - Part 1
Part 19 - Advice at Anmer Hall - Part 2
Part 20 - The Queen's Speech
Part 21 - Prince Philip Has Some Unusual Advice
Part 22 - A Quiet Place
Part 23 - Right For the Job?
Part 24 - Afternoon Delight
Part 25 - "You should be more careful."
Part 26 - New Year's Surprise
Part 27 - Another New Year's Surprise
Part 28 - Just Before Midnight
Part 29 - Her Perfect Life
Part 30 - The Only Thought
Part 31 - Tea with the Queen
Part 32 - In the Polo Yard
Part 33 - Paparazzi
Part 34 - Trouble in Paradise?
Part 35 - Not Breaking Up Is Hard To Do
Part 36 - Taking Flight
Part 37 - A-Hunting We Will Go
Part 38 - Requests and Promises
Part 39 - Warm and Cozy
Part 40 - Horses and Hounds
Part 41 - Tally Ho
Part 42 - Bubbles and Bruises
Part 43 - Things To Think About
Part 44 - Dirty Harry!
Part 45 - Prince Charming
Part 46 - Horsing Around
Part 47 - Second Hand News
Part 48 - Paper Chase
Part 49 - Walls Come Tumbling Down
Part 50 - Cracks
Part 52 - Make It Happen
Part 53 - Three Important Calls
Part 54 - Rendezvous
Part 55 - Business in London
Part 56 - A Summons from Her Majesty
Part 57 - Someone We Can Trust
Part 58 - A Coat Fit For A Princess
Part 59 - An Ace Up My Sleeve?
Part 60 - Welcome Home
Part 61 - One Departs and One Returns
Part 62 - At the Gala
Part 63 - A Tale of Two Princes
Part 64 - Good News and Bad News
Part 65 - Confrontation
Part 66 - Mark My Words
Part 67 - Tidal Wave
Part 68 - Gonna Take A Lot To Drag Me Away From You
Part 69 - Imprisoned in a Fairy Tale
Part 70 - Sleep Interruptus
Part 71 - Proof Positive--or Negative?
Part 72 - LHR → YVR
Part 73 - Tying the Knot
Part 74 - The Morning After
Part 75 - Directives
Part 76 - Surprised and Tongue-Tied
Part 77 - Showdown
Part 78 - One Way Ticket
Part 79 - Settling In
Part 80 - The Queen, A Duchess, and Tea
Part 81 - The Queen Has A Word...or Two
Part 82 - Sam of Canada
Part 83 - Catherine and The Moonhorse
Part 84 - Conversation in the Kitchen
Part 85 - Headlines
Part 86 - At Windsor Great Park
Part 87 - Details and a Duchess
Part 88 - Official Announcements
Part 89 - Prime Time on the BBC
Part 90 - The Sleeping Lion Redux
Part 91 - The Royal Non-Wedding, Part 1
Part 92 - The Royal Non-Wedding, Part 2
Note from the Author - updated 18 April 2021

Part 51 - #Cinderella

5.7K 116 5
By SatyraSpenser

Samantha

I went back to work at the stables the next day. My bruises did cause a bit of interest, but after I detailed my first hunting experience (minus the fact that my companion had been Prince Harry) the excitement died down. One of the other grooms offered to take me hunting in the fall in her home county, promising smaller fences and a more-laid back experience. I smiled and was noncommittal, unsure if I would even still be in the UK in the fall.

The next few days were blissfully quiet in some ways—the press had other stories to pursue, and some actress had been featured in a secret sex tape, so her picture was all over the papers and Twitter instead of mine. But my phone was unusually quiet as well—neither Randa nor Harry contacted me.

I continued to show up at the Sleeping Lion as usual, but Randa did not, and I was baffled as to how to reach out to her. Apologizing didn't seem the right thing to do—what was I going to apologize for? Seducing Harry away from Meg? That was laughable. Even if I had managed to seduce him, it wasn't something I owed Randa an apology for. And it seemed to me like he was the one doing most of the pursuing—not me.

It wasn't my fault I was in the papers. I would have much preferred to be out of the spotlight rather than in it. In fact, given a choice, I would have preferred that Harry be both not a prince and not engaged...but that wasn't the way fate had dealt the cards this time around. It's not that I regretted falling for him, but there was a lot of baggage with our relationship that I could really do without.

I went to bed Thursday night, still thinking about it...and still wondering what Harry meant when he said he wanted to give me more than a weekend. Did that mean what I thought it meant? When he talked about the future, did he really mean a future with just the two of us...without Meg? A future where I was not the prince's ill-kept secret, but someone by his side—acknowledged and accepted by his family and the public?

I woke up Friday morning to hammering knocks on my door way, way too early. I peeked through the curtains and then stepped back with a curse.

There were a dozen photographers on the sidewalk, staring at the downstairs door.

Grabbing my phone, I texted Harry, even though we were supposed to be "out of touch."

Me: I think I've been discovered. Photogs banging on the door. Any advice?

While I waited for Harry to respond—if he was going to—I flopped back on the bed and stared at the ceiling. What now? There was only one way out of the flat. I couldn't very well tromp through the crowd of paparazzi and go to work. And if I didn't go to work, I wouldn't get paid.

I waited. There was no more knocking, but I could still hear the voices downstairs.

"Shit," I muttered, and called my boss Ricky, Mr. Coster's polo manager.

"Hey, it's Sam. I won't be able to come to work today—" I began, meaning to call off sick.

"Does it have anything to do with all the cameras?" he asked abruptly.

"What?"

"Cameras. The press. You know. The Cinderella thing."

"Cinderella?"

"It's all over the internet. #Cinderella." When I didn't respond, Ricky said, "Harry's secret love is Cinderella stable girl?" like it was a question. "Stable girl wows the prince? Barn to Buckingham Palace?"

"You have got to be kidding me."

"I wish I was. There are reporters or whatever outside the stables. And I'm calling the police if they don't leave soon."

I had no idea what to say, but I'm Canadian, so all that came out was "I'm sorry."

"Not really your fault," Ricky said briskly. "I mean, you didn't invite the press here. But do me a favor, okay? Take a week or so off and get this all straightened out. I can't have this kind of distraction going on outside the stables every day."

I didn't ask if he was going to pay me during my time off. I knew the answer would be no. "Okay."

"I need you back here, focused and ready to work in the polo yard, as soon as possible," Ricky said. "You know how grumpy the gray mare is going to be with you gone."

"Yeah, I know. Tell Driz I'll be back in a few days."

"Sure."

I ended the call and reeled off a string of profanity. This was not what I needed right now.

Against my better judgment, I typed #Cinderella into my phone. Just as Ricky had said, the tweets and stories began scrolling by...not only with my photo, but with my name and other personal details.

An incoming text from Harry pulled me away from the headlines of horror.

Only it wasn't from Harry. It was his number, but not him.

This is Colin, HRH's secretary. We advise you not to speak to the press.

Yeah, no shit, Sherlock, I thought. So how do I get rid of them?

You can call the police was Colin's less than helpful answer.

Me: And then what? That won't stop them.

No response.

Me: Will you tell Harry I need to talk to him? I hated to say it like that, but if Harry wasn't using the number anymore, how else could I get a hold of him?

HRH will contact you when he can.

"Fuck," I said, and flung the phone across the room. "Now what?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

366K 9K 78
Prince's Secret Life A British Royal Prince has a secret life in America. Started | 27 September 2019 Published | 28 September 2019 Completed | 29 Ap...
60.8K 1.3K 16
In which Amelia has gotten too comfortable with her secret relationship and Michael has now given her the ultimatum either go public and engaged or b...
104 18 8
King Uther of Forland is old and failing. His grandson and heir, Prince Richard, lives the good life: anything that gives him an adrenaline rush. He...
135K 3.2K 100
****Fourth book in Prince Harry series-- Summer in Scotland, Across the Pond, Princess in Training**** Married now, the Duke and Duchess of Windsor...