spellbound [taekook] ✓

By -bangtanbbys

In a universe where elves and magic exist, Jeon Jeongguk is so desperately trying to train the newfound princ... More

zero: spellbound
two: elvador
three: lies
four: a familiar lullaby
five: rekindled friendship
six: prince's first mission
seven: first love
eight: secrets
nine: by your side
ten: unleashing the power
eleven: all the kinds of love
twelve: trust
thirteen: the truth
fourteen: a royal confession
fifteen: sweet talk
sixteen: a love story
seventeen: late night snack
eighteen: coronation
nineteen: a future with you
twenty: crystal ball
twenty-one: right by your side
twenty-two: threat
twenty-three: compromise
twenty-four: cold
twenty-five: hugs and kisses
twenty-six: their world
twenty-seven: i need you
twenty-eight: stay alive
twenty-nine: love and war
thirty: desire
thirty-one: earth
thirty-two: snow
thirty-three: reminisce
thirty-four: forever connected

one: good day

27.1K 1.3K 1.7K
By -bangtanbbys

Taehyung scrambled around his room frantically, trying to gather all his things. He hummed a tune that was stuck in his head often, one that he could never figure out what it was. He grabbed his books and shoved it into his satchel along with his camera bag. "Hm, something's missing," he said to himself while looking around. Tapping his chin, he thought over where his notebook could be.

Leaving his room, he began searching through the living room. "Jimin! Have you seen my—"

"Notebook?" he came out of the kitchen, notebook and sandwich in hand, with a wide smile. "Gosh Tae, you need to remember where you put your things. Found it on top of the microwave."

"Thanks, Chim," he said taking the book out of his hand and placing it with the others. "What would I do without you?"

Jimin was Taehyung's roommate, as well as his best friend, his one and only, his platonic soulmate, his brother from another mother, his– well, you get it. They've known each other since kindergarten days and sticked together through thick and thin. From when Taehyung faced the inevitable stages of puberty, to chasing away the bullies that made fun of their eyes, to when he found out he was adopted. They care for each other so much that it's mistaken for them being in a relationship, but that was not the case. Not now, not ever.

"No work today, right?" Taehyung questioned as he put on his boots and coat.

"Actually I do. Filling in for Jasmine. Night shift," he replied with a frown.

Taehyung rolled his eyes. "God, Chim, you need to stop doing favours for her."

"Yeah but she's too hot to say no to. You want some?"

"It's okay, gonna be late. I'll grab something on the way if I can. Well then, I'm off! Bye." Taehyung threw him a quick smile as Jimin replied with finger hearts. "Make sure to get something to eat!"

Taehyung climbed through the window and went down the emergency stairs. He lived on the seventh floor and his building not having any working elevators required him to think of quick shortcuts.

"Good morning, Mrs. May!" he called out, jumping off as he reached the bottom. The old lady was as usual feeding the stray cats that lurked around their buildings.

"Good morning, Taehyung. You seem to be in a good mood," Mrs. May stopped to greet back.

"I've got a good feeling about today," Taehyung said before waving and sprinting off.

The streets of New York were busy as usual. Taehyung had to do his best to dodge the rushed workers on their phones with their coffees. It's become quite the skill. Cars honking and loud vendors filled Taehyung's ear. He mentally cursed at himself for forgetting his earbuds, but he wasn't going to let that ruin his day. He woke up with a smile, which was odd for Taehyung who was not the morning person, and he just had a feeling in his stomach that something amazing was about to happen.

Soon enough, he reached his college, where he'd spend the next six hours. Taehyung is a photography major. It's always been a hobby of his, and when he came to an age where he should be thinking of his future, he realized he had no plan. Although he enjoyed it, he wasn't sure he wanted to pursue it as a career. For now, Taehyung's was just going to enjoy the student life, maybe graduate and get a job to earn a decent living for himself.

"Tae!" he heard someone yell as soon as he entered his class. His eyes searched for the person until he spotted a frantically waving Baekhyun. Taehyung smiled back and walked over to where he was sitting to take a seat beside him.

"Wonder what Mr. Wills is going to yell about today. Good morning class, I've got a great news. A new assignment!" Taehyung joked, imitating his professor and getting the others to laugh along. The boy was the clown in their friend group, never failing to make others laugh. Even if what he says isn't necessarily funny, he somehow does it. His cute boxed smile is also very contagious.

Mr. Wills soon arrived, greeting his students and they echoed back. Surprisingly, the grinch of a man had a pleasant smile on his face. "Good morning class, I've got great news!" He started. Taehyung and the boys snickered, but were quickly shut up when Mr. Wills threw them a sharp glare.

He continued. "I've read over all you reports and I'm pleased to say they weren't half bad. You've got quite an imagination."

The report Mr. Wills was talking about took Taehyung the entire ten days given time to complete. Not because he procrastinated but because he had no clue what to do. The instructions were to explain how a photograph could show blank. The professor assigned what would fill in that blank and Taehyung had received magic. So he went out, bought a pack of sparklers, lit up and took a picture of it against the night sky, sat down in front of his laptop and had no clue what to write. In the end, he just typed in whatever his high on red bull mind decided was good and submitted without looking back. Hearing Mr. Wills say it was overall well put him slightly at ease.

"Anyways, moving on," Mr. Wills continued, taking out his USB and connecting it to his laptop to begin the class. Taehyung wrote down his notes neatly in his binder, switching pen colours when necessary. He liked things being that way, in order and organized.

Soon, the class ended and students rushed to the exit, including Taehyung, but he was stopped by his teacher calling out his name to stay behind. Taehyung sighed and walked over carefully to the man. "Yes, sir?"

"About the report," he started.

"Yup, the one you said everyone did well in."

"Well, there was an outlier."

Taehyung frowned, knowing where it was going. "I'm guessing that's me."

"Taehyung, when I read over your report, it was as if you missed the whole point. Magic is such an easy topic to talk about as we don't know what it even is. You could've made up anything. You constricted yourself in this box that you really need to escape."

"But magic doesn't exist, sir. It's hard talking about something that doesn't exist." Taehyung remembers his friends getting topics like love, fear, confidence, all of which exist and he was stuck with magic.

"You don't know that, Mr. Bennett."

Taehyung furrowed his brow as his lips pressed into a thin line, something he does when he's confused.

Mr. Wills shook his head and sighed. "Well, there's nothing we can do about the report, but I hope you improve on the next assignment like this. You can go now. "

He thanked his professor with a frown and walked out the room slouching. Although Taehyung was one weird –in the best ways– boy, he only believed in the things that could be proved by science. No ghosts, no aliens, no witches, no vampires, no werewolves, no fairies, no goblins, no leprechauns, and certainly no magic. Taehyung straightened his back, he wasn't about to let this one little thing ruin his day. Something amazing was sure to happen, maybe he'll win the lottery without even buying a ticket, he just knew it.

•—•—•

Taehyung was having the worst day.

He showed up late to almost all of his classes, he forgot to bring money to buy lunch, he mixed up nearly his entire script during a presentation, ran into almost every single person he hates even the sight of, lost the few coins of change he had to a damn vending machine, and ran through the rain home because he didn't check the weather to think of bringing an umbrella. Worst of all, Jimin wasn't there to rant about all of it to.

So, to improve his miserable day, he resorted to his last option: a gay bar.

Taehyung didn't go there often, only when he was feeling super lonely or depressed, but Jimin would usually come along to make sure he's kept in check. Although it usually went the other way around when Jimin ends up drinking way over his limit and grind on literally anyone in sight.

He took a seat on a stool and ordered an old fashion. He always limited himself to one drink when he was alone, so he took small sips while looking around at the people conversing and dancing like there was no tomorrow. Taehyung bobbed his head along to the beat, almost getting up to dance himself, but decided not to.

The boy kept observing until his eyes landed on someone. Maybe it was the effects of the lights but Taehyung could swear he saw his eyes glow a bright blue before fading back to an unnaturally dark black. He watched as the same man approached him, eyes not breaking contact. Taehyung's grip around his glass tightened as the mysterious stranger came and took a seat on the stool beside.

Maybe it was the drink, but Taehyung felt this sudden burst of confidence and unexplainable attraction to the man who had just ordered a drink, that he didn't hesitate when he turned around to face him and asked, "Come here often?"

The raven-haired male turned his head, a mischievous smile tugging at his lips. "No. First time, actually."

Taehyung nodded. He wanted to ask something else just to hear his voice again, but he didn't want to seem too creepy. Even thought he wasn't speaking to loud, it managed to squeeze through the noisy bar and make Taehyung feel all weird.

"Jeongguk," the man, Jeongguk, spoke. He smiled, scanning Taehyung head to toe, eyes landing on his covered neck for a little longer than necessary.

"Taehyung," he said back, which made the other's eyes widen and smile like he had just accomplished something, then his smile dropped as if he realized he actually didn't.

"Aren't you feeling a little hot with that turtleneck?"

Taehyung looked down at his clothes, he's never been commented on his choice of fashion like that before. "Says you, you're covered in that huge ass blanket coat."

Jeongguk smiled. He slipped of the black coat only to reveal a large black full sleeve. The guy really seemed to like the colour black. "Your turn."

Taehyung laughed at that comment. The two continued to mindlessly flirt, talking about random things like their favourite drinks and hidden talents. They discovered Taehyung was a year old than then other.

"No way!" Taehyung gasped, laughing at a story the younger had just told him.

"Way!" Jeongguk nodded, trying to control his laughter, but while he was, his hand moved aimlessly and some of his drink splashed onto Taehyung's white sweater. The yellow liquid seeped into the fabric. "Shit," Jeongguk cursed, grabbing napkins and pressing it against the fabric

"It's okay, don't worry," Taehyung quickly said, stretching out the sweater so it didn't touch his skin. Jeongguk kept going at it until he froze realizing how close they now were. Jeongguk looked up, and if he leaned just a little more, their noses would be touching. A sly grin formed on the younger's lips. "Say, how about we get out of here?"

Maybe Taehyung's day wasn't so bad.

•—•—•

Yup, definitely not bad. Now, although this wasn't going to be Taehyung's first one-night stand, there was just something about this boy that made him feel a little nervous. The two rushed back to crash at Taehyung's place, not doing anything other then sharing sensual smiles and looks. The boy was so grateful and happy that Jimin had a night shift for once.

"You should change that shirt first," Jeongguk said as they entered the apartment. Taehyung turned on the light and Jeongguk began looking around.

"Hmm? Oh this?" Taehyung touched the stain. "Ehh, it's dry. It's okay."

"You've got to be kidding me," Jeongguk mumbled under his breath. He sighed, but his eye caught a circular pendant shape stick out through the shirts that he couldn't see before in the dark. He checked his watch and sighed again.

"Do you want something to—" Taehyung began but was cut off when Jeongguk walked over to him and felt lips attach to his jaw. "Oh okay."

The younger began pushing him to the couch, Taehyung tripping and falling on it on his back. Jeongguk began kissing up his jaw and to the corner of his lips. When Taehyung leaned up to capture the other's lips, Jeongguk pulled away and smiled, to which the other dumbly smiled back, thinking about how all that time at the gym didn't go to waste as a hand snaked under his turtleneck. It was swiftly removed and Jeongguk's face instantly brightening up. Taehyung began bringing his fingers to the other shirt but Jeongguk got off.

"Huh?" Taehyung sat up, confused. Jeongguk grinned wide before realization hit over him. He was immediately on his knees and bowed his head down. "I apologize for deceiving you. Please show mercy and forgive me."

Okay, yup, Taehyung definitely brought a crazy guy into his home. "Umm. Is this a prank?"

Jeongguk looked up and bit his lip. "Hm, I didn't think this through. Shit, okay, I can explain."

"Did Jimin put you up to this?" Taehyung asked, crossing his arms.

"Who? What? No. Now, this may sound absurd and impossible, but I need you to listen to me carefully," Jeongguk started. Taehyung lifted a brow, and the other didn't give him a chance to interfere and continued. "Would you believe me if I told you I come from a whole different universe that you as well are from?"

"What?"

"Well, you are. And not just anyone, you're the prince. Damn, this sounds very fake now that I'm saying it."

"Yeah, it does. Look, I don't know who you are, or what you're trying to do, but I'll ask you to kindly leave."

"Okay, yeah, I wasn't expecting you to believe me. Well..." Jeongguk pulled out something from his back pocket. He showed the wooden pendant in his hand to Taehyung. "What about now?"

Taehyung touched his necklace. "How did you...? Okay, you have the same pendant as mine. Doesn't mean shit. Now get out."

"Or does it?"

Taehyung has spent nearly his entire high school life trying figure out what in the world that pendant was and what it mean. It was the only thing is biological parents left behind for him, tied around his wrist when he was first found, along with a blanket with his first name stitched in. The only reason he wasn't kicking the madman out was because he had never found a single piece of information on it or the weird engravings which he could not identify the language or symbols of.

Jeongguk brought the pendant in hand close to Taehyung, who began moving back. Jeongguk got impatient, raising his other hand up to the air. He pointed at the couch and his hand suddenly began glowing, white smoke emitting from it before a large laser like blast hit the couch and froze it blue. Taehyung's eyes widened, seeing his much loved couch crystallize. The whole room began feeling colder.

"Trust me," Jeongguk pleaded. He continued moving closer and Taehyung stayed there in shock. Jeongguk carefully touched the pendant with the one around Taehyung's neck, and that small contact was all it took before the two pendant began glowing. Jeongguk let go of it as it began rising on its own. Taehyung's jaw dropped to the ground seeing his necklace rise in front of his eyes, the light almost blinding him. The two wooden pendants attached to each other and the light immediately stopped, and it dropped against his chest.

"What the actual fuck?" Taehyung said, afraid to even touch the necklace.

"Do you believe me now?" Jeongguk asked.

Taehyung looked up, stared blankly at him for a few seconds then broke out into a grin. "This is by far the coolest dream I've had."

"Dream? What? No, it's not a dream."

"Oh my god, do you think I can fly?"

"Yes but you haven't been– um what're you doing!?" Jeongguk asked, watching Taehyung go to the nearest window and open it.

"I'm gonna fly!" he replied, starting to climb up but was immediately pulled back by Jeongguk. "No, You're going to die! You don't know how to fly, you haven't learned yet!"

"Well it's just a dream, don't worry. And damn, I wonder where in the world you are in real life, cutie."

Jeongguk shook his head and groaned. "Okay, fine, let's say it's a dream. Will you hear me out?"

Taehyung nodded, walking over to his room and Jeongguk followed behind. He opened his closet and frowned seeing he still had the same set of clothes.

"You're the long lost prince of Elvador," Jeongguk started. "It is my duty to bring you back home. You will receive a more detailed explaining there because we just don't have the time for that now."

"Oh wow, a prince. Where am I getting this from, ugh my mind!" Taehyung said, grabbing a black tee and putting it on. "So where is this Elvis door?"

"Elvador. It's a planet in a different universe, and the portal to there could be closing any minute now."

"I'm the prince of a whole ass planet, damn. Well we better hurry before I wake up right."

Jeongguk nodded frantically, happy that he was finally getting somewhere with this dumb prince. "So let's go!"

Taehyung smiled. "Lead the way." He followed Jeongguk out of the room and frowned again seeing his couch. "Why didn't you just freeze me and put the thing to my pendant?"

"It's a crime to use one's magic on the royal family. I'm also in trouble for using it in front of you but I had to under the circumstances."

"Is it also a crime to kiss the royal family? Like dude, we were doing great, couldn't my mind have waited for something to happen and then freeze the couch?"

"It's not a crime, well not technically since there was consent. I just didn't want to. Please don't mention that ever again."

"Right," the older stretched out. They grabbed their coats and left the apartment, Taehyung not bothering to lock it because well, it's a dream after all!

"I hereby give you permission to use any kind of powers, on or around me, if it means it'll make this dream more interesting!"

Jeongguk raised a brow and looked at the other. "Really?" he asked, to which Taehyung nodded surely. Jeongguk smiled innocently before lifting his hand and waving his fingers lightly in tickle-like motion, the same light and smoke leaving his fingertips from before. When Taehyung tried to question what he had just done, he literally couldn't. That's when he realized the answer to his question. His lips were frozen together. They didn't feel too cold but definitely stuck together.

Taehyung waved his hand and pointed at his mouth, but the younger pretended not to understand and continued walking. Taehyung couldn't even pout and just followed the other silently. They went into the forest Taehyung sometimes goes through whenever he felt like going on a run, but instead of following the path, they headed on their own.

"Here," Jeongguk said, pointing at the ground. Taehyung looked down at the soil then back at Jeongguk, giving him a questioning look. The younger brought his hands up. "Sioileaver kaolcus ," he chanted, waving his finger around and suddenly a giant black hole like portal appeared. He turned back to the wide-eyed boy. "It was hidden. Now jump before it closes."

Taehyung stared at the portal for a few seconds before shaking his head vigorously. There was no way he was jumping into that, dream or not.

"We don't have time, the portal's closing," Jeongguk yelled. He sighed, reaching over and grabbing the older's wrist who tried to pry away. With a strong grip, Jeongguk brought him to the edge.

"Tropsnartis Elvador!" he yelled, before jumping in and taking Taehyung with him.

—•
New fic!!!
Is anyone interested? (I was actually going to ditch this but I thought someone may like it)

I was really scared to publish this but I've had this in my drafts for just wayyy to long, I have so many ideas for this and I can't wait to write and share them all with you guys!

Ik this probably won't do as well as "control" but fantasy is a genre I really like and I've always wanted to write something in it so imma try to do it!

I hope you enjoy! Update will be next Sunday

And quick note, idk much about elves and they def won't be the traditional elves you see in fiction, but I thought it'd make the the story interesting. I'm doing my best to learn as much as I can on them!

Bye <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

51.8K 2K 17
"Jeon Jeongguk, the cold-hearted prince. Kim Taehyung, the clumsy servant." "Who knew they'd be such a great match for each other." *I'm sorry for an...
37.5K 2.4K 32
in which Jeongguk is all in for Taehyung. © jooheonssi 2017
197K 16.2K 43
"I'm not an interesting person." "Then why am I interested?" 📸🎶📸🎶📸🎶📸🎶📸🎶📸🎶📸🎶 A BTS au in which Kim Taehyung is a superstitious wedding p...
244K 13K 43
In which tattoo artist Jeon Jeongguk meets his parallel when the soft and delicate Kim Taehyung finds himself in Jeongguk's shop one day as a dare. ...