The Walking Dead Season 2 (Ma...

By LayceJ25

With everyone they care about dead, Clement and (y/n) now have to be on their own and face many dangers along... More

Chapter 1: All That Remains
Chapter 2: Sam
Chapter 3: Still Not Bitten
Chapter 4: Nick Or Pete?
Chapter 5: A House Divided
Chapter 6: Traveling
Chapter 7: An Old Friend
Chapter 8: We're Going Home. As A Family.
Chapter 9: In Harm's Way
Chapter 10: You Mean Our First Night In Prison?
Chapter 11: Devising A Plan
Chapter 12: Caught Red-Handed
Chapter 13: Escape
Chapter 14: Amid The Ruins
Chapter 15: Survival Tips
Chapter 16: Baby Supplies
Chapter 17: The Baby's Coming
Chapter 18: Standoff
Chapter 19: No Going Back
Chapter 20: Luke's Birthday
Chapter 21: Freezing To Death
Chapter 22: What's The Plan?
Epilogue: Wellington

Chapter 23: Kenny Or Jane?

6K 233 268
By LayceJ25

You slowly open your eyes and see that you were in the backseat of the truck. Kenny was driving while Jane was sitting in the passenger seat, holding AJ. You move your head and saw that you used Clem's legs as your pillow. "She's awake!" Clem's voice said as you slowly sit up.

At that moment, your shoulder felt really sore and you place your right hand over the wound on your left shoulder. "Hey you." Jane said as she looks at you over her shoulder. "(Y/N)! Oh, thank God." Kenny said as Clem place his left arm around your torso and, gently, hugs you. "You passed out from the shock." Clem informed you. "Am I gonna be okay?" You asked them. "You should be. How do you feel?" Jane asked. 

You look over at your shoulder and said. "It hurts." Clem frowns at you as Jane said. "Couldn't find the bullet. Must've gone clean through. It'll burn a while, but you'll be fine." 

"Those sons of bitches. I mean, I expected it from the Russian, but Mike? I could tell they were workin' on somethin'." Kenny grumbles in anger. "I didn't think they'd go that far." Jane mutters. "Yeah, well who would steal our food and shoot a kid? We never should've thrown in with trash like that in the first place." Kenny said. "Is Bonnie okay?" You asked them. "They took off on foot." Clem replied to you. "Didn't get this puppy, thanks to you." Kenny said as he gestures around the truck.

"Now that (y/n)'s awake we should talk about where we're going." Jane said to Kenny. "We're headed north." Kenny replied, flatly. "What, to find Wellington?" Jane asked, annoyed.
"You sure talk a lotta shit, but you got a better plan?" Kenny asked her.
"We head south, back to Howe's." Jane replied.

"Carver's camp? The fuck kind of plan is that?" Kenny exclaims, angrily. "I think Bonnie said there was more formula back there. And we actually know where it is." said Jane. "And it was overrun by a damn herd." Kenny reminded her. "The walkers should be gone by now." Jane argued. 

"Wellington's out there. We have to keep looking, Jane." Clem said and Jane turns to look at him in shock.
"Clem, you can't be falling for this." She said. "I agree with him." You said and Jane looks at you in shock as well. "They made up their minds, Jane." Kenny replied.

"Kids, please. This is suicide." Jane pleads.

"Why don't you let them think for themselves for once?" Kenny asked, angrily. 

"Why don't you?"

"ME?!"

"Look, even if there is someplace up here, it could take us weeks to find it. We could get back to Howe's in a day." Jane said. "Tell you what, we can turn around just as soon as you pry this wheel from my cold, dead fingers. How's that sound?" Kenny asked her. "Whatever. I give up." Jane grumbles then she places her foot up on the dash.

"Get your feet off the dash." Kenny scolds as he pushes her foot off the dash. "Let's play a game, kids. I spy with my little eye, an asshole." Jane said as she gives a knowing look towards Kenny. "Your turn, Clem." She said with a smile. "Grow up." Kenny growled.

"Go to hell." Jane snapped.

"I'll pull this fuckin' car over."

"Go ahead."

"You wanna die out here?"

"Better than waitin' to die next to you."

"Don't touch her, Kenny." You said. "I couldn't see the damn road!" Kenny replied. "Bet you're having trouble seeing a lot of things these days." Jane sneered and yours and Clem's eyes widen at this. "You shut your fuckin' mouth." growled Kenny. "I am done playin' games with you, Jane."

"Fuck you. You don't know a damn thing about me." Jane said. "Oh, I know exactly what you are. Nothin'. Nobody cares about you, and you don't care about nobody but yourself. That makes you nothin'." said Kenny.
"What is it with you? It's your family, right?" Jane asked. 

"Don't."

"It is, isn't it?"

"I'm warning you, little shit!"

"You're just another Type-A asshole tryin' to save a bunch of dead people."

"Don't you fuckin' talk about them!"

"Shut up! Both of you!" Clem shouts at them. "Stay outta this, Clem." Kenny said. "Don't tell him what to do!" Jane yells. "You listen to me. You mouth off about my family and I will fuckin' end you." Kenny warned her. "I am so sick of this wounded warrior crap! Just pull over! I can't take this." Jane said, annoyed and angry.

"What, runnin' away again? What a fuckin' shocker!" Kenny shouts. "In the end, still only care about yourself, right? "

"And where were you when Sarita died, Kenny? Huh? Where were you?" Jane asked, making Kenny's eyes widen. "I was there. I couldn't...damn you! I loved that woman!" Kenny shouts. "Who could love you?! Look at you. You can't raise this kid it's scared to death of you!" shouts Jane. "I got this way savin' your ass from that hell hole. And I would've left you to rot if I'd known what you were." growls Kenny. 

"Jane, Kenny loved Sarita!" You shout at her, angrily. "Of course he did. He loves having anyone around that does what he says. That's why he loves this kid so much; it can't talk back yet." Jane spat. "Fuck you." Kenny shouts.

"You know the thing about people like you, Kenny? You're just a bomb waitin' to go off. Everyone talks about you behind your back because they're afraid of you." Jane said. "That ain't true." said Kenny. 

"Mike. Bonnie. Sarita."

"You fuckin' liar, that ain't true!"

"Everyone around you knows that sooner or later they're gonna end up dead. Sarita knew it, I know it, and so does Clement and (y/n)!" Jane screams.

"I TOLD YOU NOT TO TALK ABOUT MY FAMILY!!!"

"FUCK YOU!!"

"YOU FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT!"

"GO TO HELL YOU SON OF A BITCH!"

Suddenly, Kenny looks out towards the road and slams on the brake and jerks the wheel. The truck stops and you were jolted forward then backward towards the seat. You place your hand on your shoulder and slight rub it.

"You okay?" Kenny asked Jane. "I'm fine." Jane replied, flatly.

"How's AJ?"

"He's fine."

"You sure?"

"Yes."

"Kids, you all right?" Kenny asked you two as Clem looks you over. "Yeah...." you and Clem replied.

"Kenny, I'm--" Jane started to say but Kenny raises a hand. "Wait, hold on." He said as he looks out and sees a bunch of vehicles clumped together, blocking the road. "Go around." Jane said. "One of 'em might have diesel." Kenny suggested. "We shouldn't stop here." said Jane. "We're runnin' on fumes. Got no choice. When I holler it's okay, drive up closer." Kenny said as he gets out of the truck. "Anything happens, I'll try to meet you there." He said as he gestures towards the sign that said Rest Area.

"Kenny...." Clem started to say when Kenny shuts the door and walks towards the pile of vehicles. "That fucking asshole." Jane mutters, angrily, as Clem climbs over to the driver's seat. "GOD. I can't do this anymore. I'm serious, kids. I tried, but I just can't." Jane told you guys. "Stop making him mad." Clem told her. "Everything makes him mad. How are you guys not seeing that?" Jane asked. "Well, all you're doing is just making it worse." You yelled.

Jane turns her head and looks out the window. "You guys are just like him." She mutters, making you and Clem frown. "Kids. We could leave. Right now." She said. "Are you serious? What about AJ?" Clem asks her. "Look, I know you and (y/n) are close to him, but....Kenny would never let him go. This is our chance, kids. Don't you ever want to know what it's like to live your own life?" She asked just as you three hear gunshots.

All three of you watch when you see a few walkers coming towards the truck. "It's snowing. Why are they moving?!" You asked, fearfully. "They must not be cold enough yet. FUCK." Jane replied then she reaches over and turns the key in the ignition then starts to switch gears. "Get us out of here!" She shouts at Clem as he grabs the steering wheel.

"I don't know how to drive!" Clem exclaims. "See that pedal on the floor? STEP ON IT!" Jane shouts and Clem slams on the gas pedal. The truck skids for a moment and takes off.
Clem turns the wheel and slams into a walker, which crashes through the windshield. You scream as the truck spins and crashes into a ditch. When it stops, Jane runs out of the truck while the walker tries to grab Clem.
"Get the fuck out of there!" Jane shouts. "The door is stuck!" Clem shouts as you pull your knife out and stabbed the walker in the head.

"Oh shit. Shit, there are more of them. Move!" Jane shouts and she runs away. Clem starts to get out then turns around, waiting for you to get out. "Kids! Kids, hurry!" You hear Jane shout and you climb out of the truck with Clem's help.

Suddenly, the snow started blowing really hard; so much that you couldn't really see a few feet in front of you.
"Jane! Wait!" Clem shouts but she was gone. "Crap!" You grumble and the two of you start to head to the Rest Area, while avoiding an walkers nearby.

Eventually, you two see some picnic tables and a playground. Finally you see the building and the two of you head towards it. Clem opens the door and let's you inside first. You enter, Clem just behind you, and shout. "Jane?" But you turn and see Kenny standing by a window in the corner. "Kenny!" You and Clem exclaim as Kenny turns, relief washed over his face.

"You kids all right?" He asked as he runs over to you two. "Yeah." Clem replied as you nod. "Where is he? Where's the kid?" Kenny asked. "He's with her." You replied. "You guys left him with HER?!" Kenny asked in fear. Then he runs to the door and opens it. "Jane?! JANE!!" He shouts as he looks out into the foggy snow. 

You look to the left and out towards that window you see someone walking towards the building. "Wait." You said as you walk closer to the door. Kenny walks back in and sees that the figure was indeed Jane. "Oh, thank God!" He exclaims as Jane walks back in. "Jane! You okay?" Kenny asked her just as you notice that she didn't have AJ with her. 

"Where's the kid?" Kenny asked her. "Jane? Where is he?" But Jane doesn't answer him. "Where is he?!" Clem asked her. Jane stares at you and Clem then mutters, tearfully. "He's..." then she stops as she turns her head away. "What are you saying?" Kenny asked her, devastated.

"No. NO." Kenny shouts in disbelief and he runs out of the building once again. "No, not again....not again...." you muttered, tearfully, as you wrap your arms around yourself. Jane stands up a little straighter then turns to you two. "Kids. Look at me. No matter what happens, just stay out of it. Okay?" She said, looking between you and Clem, as she kneels down. 

"How could you let this happen?!" Clem asked her, angrily, while tears fall down your face. "You have to trust me. You two are gonna see what he really is." Jane said then all three of you look out the door and see Kenny stomping back toward the building, a look of pure anger on his face.

Jane stands up and moves away from you two as you and Clem look up at Kenny. "Kenny, calm down. Don't do anything stupid." You said as you stand in front of Jane. "Get out of my way." Kenny growls as he shoves you aside and starts to attack Jane. 

"How could you kill a FUCKING CHILD?!" He screams as he goes to punch Jane but she ducks and moves to the side. "I didn't kill him! It was an accident, Kenny!" Jane replied as she pulls out her knife.

"BULLSHIT!" Kenny screams.

"I won't back down from you, Kenny." Jane warns.

"Kenny, let her talk!" Clem told him. 

"I'm done talkin', Clem." Kenny replied as he glares at Jane. "Kids, stay back." Jane orders then she sheaths her knife in the strap that's wrapped around her leg. "Don't you come near me, you son of a bitch." She warns in a low tone.

Kenny charges at her and slams her up against the large glass window. "KENNY!" You and Clem exclaim as Jane shoves Kenny's hat and eye patch off of him. "STOP! PLEASE!" You begged as Clem goes and kicks the back of Kenny's knee. Jane punches Kenny across the face, knocking him down, then she gets on top of him and begins to punch him, repeatedly, in the face. 

"Jane!" Clem shouts as both you run and pull her off of Kenny. She falls on her back when Kenny gets up and runs to her. But she pulls out her knife and slices Kenny's stomach. "Oh my God!" You exclaimed as Kenny stumbles back towards the door as he places his hand over his wound. "THIS IS ALL YOUR FUCKIN' FAULT!" Jane shouts as she gets up and runs out.

You and Clem follow them as Kenny backs away from Jane while she slowly walks towards him. "Piece a' shit...." Kenny growls as Clem runs and gets in between them. Then he turns to Jane and tries to push her away.

"Go. Run." He begs.

"Not happening." She said.

"Please." Clem begs.

"Move." Jane ordered as she shoves Clem away from her.

She charges at Kenny and the two of them crash into a sign. "I'll fuckin' kill you." Kenny shouts at Jane as you go and help Clem up. Jane grabs Kenny by his face, slams him down on the ground and digs her fingers in his injured eye. Kenny screams out in pain as Jane asks. "How's that fuckin' feel, huh?"

"Jane, look at what you're doing!" You shout at her but she continues her aasualt on Kenny. "LISTEN TO US!!" Clem screams at the two as you grab Jane's arm and pull her off of Kenny.
She falls on her back when Kenny grabs her knife and stabs her in the leg. Jane screams and flings her upper body backwards, which knocks you down and trip over the slide.

"(Y/N)!" Clem shouts as he goes over to you, while your vision goes blurry. Clem looks you over and noticed that the gunshot wound was bleeding out again. You try to sit up but the pain in your shoulder was too much. Clem gives you a worried look before he helps you sit up, slowly. 

The two of you look and see Jane laying on her back while Kenny was on top of her trying to stab her but Jane was holding his hands up, preventing it as long as she could. Clem turns to them, pulls out his gun and aims at them, deciding on whether to shoot Kenny or not.

"Please. Please...." He begs as he aims the gun at Kenny, his hand shaking.
But Clem couldn't bring himself to do it and he lowers the gun then kneels down next to you. He hugs you, you hug back and buried your face into his shoulder, then he closes his eyes as Kenny got the upper hand and stabbed Jane in the chest.

Both of you began to sob for a moment before you two break the embrace. Clem helps you up as you gas and see the knife lodge into Jane's chest and Kenny laying next to her, his hands covering his face. "Kenny!" You and Clem said, tearfully. "AJ....he's gone, kids." Kenny said, devastated, as he sits up. "She....she just...how could she do that. Oh, Jesus..."

"Are you okay?" You asked him. "I'll live..." Kenny replied with a frown.
The three of you stand there in silence, processing at what just happened, when you heard something. Kenny and Clem heard it too. You listen and realized that the noise was a baby crying. You look over at Kenny as he says. "GO!" And you take off, Clem right behind you. "I'm right behind you two!" Kenny shouts 

You run across the road to see a car abandoned there. You approach the car as the crying gets louder and louder. You look in the backseat and see AJ, alive and well. "Oh my God! AJ!" You exclaimed as you open the door and picked AJ as you start crying with joy.

You turn just as Clem comes up to you and smiles as tears fall down his face. "Are you okay?" Clem asked AJ as he looks down at him. "He's alive?!" You said as Kenny comes up to you two.
"AJ! Let me see him." Kenny said and you go and hand AJ to Kenny.

Kenny looks down at the baby then holds him close. "I thought.. I thought we lost you, buddy..." Kenny whispered to AJ. "I thought that Jane might've killed him." Clem said in a panic. "I was thinkin' the same thing, Clem. It's why I was so fired up. She never wanted the baby around. She made that clear." Kenny said, shakily.

"Yeah, I guess, but..." you stammered. "I just.. why would she..." 

"She was nuts, (y/n). A disturbed person that had her own agenda, and was lookin' out for herself." Kenny said just as AJ starts to make noises. "Shh, shh, shh. It's all right, buddy." Kenny said, calmly, then he hands AJ to Clem.

"Hey, listen. I didn't want that to happen, either. I thought she'd killed Alvie, kids. And at any point she could've stopped what was happening by saying he was fine. She wanted a fight. I'd never, ever hurt you two. You guys understand? I was protecting both of you. You guys believe me, right?" said Kenny as he looks between you two. "I...I believe you." You replied. "I believe you, too." said Clem. 

"Okay. Thanks." Kenny said with relief. Then he kneels down and hugs you for a moment then goes and hugs Clem. "Come on....let's put some miles between us and this place." Kenny said as he glares over at the Rest Stop and the three of you, Clem still holding AJ, walked away and headed north.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.1K 1.1K 26
OneArtsyGamer03 here, lovelies
62K 1.8K 43
"It's the Apocalypse... it shouldn't matter," you say, glancing at her lips. "Y/n, that's exactly why it matters." - You meet a special girl and her...
26.9K 792 11
After a year of finding something else to not give up hope, Clementine and her boyfriend, Y/N find out that A.J is alive and is on the search for him...
38.3K 2.8K 38
The Dead started to walk. Y/N Dixon was found passing out and pursued by walkers and rescued by a man, Kenny, and ended up with a group of survivors...