𝐁𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐝, 𝐒𝐮𝐠𝐚𝐫 & 𝐇𝐨...

By m00npeach

Ramona and Cain are a couple that were meant for each other since the beginning, they were two different peop... More

Prologue.
Chapter One.
Chapter Two.
Chapter Three.
Chapter Four.
Chapter Five.
Chapter Six.
Chapter Seven.
Chapter Eight.
Chapter Nine.
Chapter Ten.
Chapter Twelve.
Chapter Thirteen.
Chapter Fourteen.
Chapter Fifteen.
Chapter Sixteen.
Chapter Seventeen.
Chapter Eighteen.
Chapter Nineteen.
Chapter Twenty.
Chapter Twenty-one.
Chapter Twenty-two.
Chapter Twenty-three.
Chapter Twenty-four.
Chapter Twenty-five.
Chapter Twenty-six.
Chapter Twenty-seven.
Chapter Twenty-eight.
Chapter Twenty-nine.
Chapter Thirty.
Chapter Thirty-one.
Epilouge.

Chapter Eleven.

4.7K 254 117
By m00npeach

            Ramona watched Cain and J-Baby walk into the school together, hand to hand and she pursed her lips as looked to the side of her to see Chip who was staring outside the window. It had been a rough couple of days for him and she hated to witness it. He went everywhere to find a job but no one wanted to accept someone from Vietnam, no matter what was on their resume. Ramona puts her hand over his. "Want to get some hot chocolate?" She questioned him and he nodded his head softly as he looks at her with his doe eyes that made him look so young.

Ramona felt like she was looking at a little boy who got his candy taken away even though he was the same age as her. She started up the car and she drives off. Ramona stayed quiet and so did Chip. They rode through down ninth street and they were getting close to the bridge that was over Trinity River and he lifted out of his seat as they rode over it. He looked at the river and Ramona was curious to why the river interested him so much then the thought of him jumping off of the bridge came to her mind and she blinked then turned to meet his eyes again. "Are you okay?"

Chip nodded. "Could you park somewhere close to this bridge? I need to do something."

Ramona hesitated and she nodded her head slowly. She got off the bridge and found the nearest parking lot. They were now walking on the bridge, Ramona attempted to keep up with him but the wind blowing her back and her legs weren't making it any better. Chip suddenly stopped somewhat in the middle, he reached into his jacket pocket and he pulled out these shiny medals. Ramona gasped as she came on the side of him, she looks at him and she rests her hand on top of them. "Why didn't you tell anyone you got these?" She questioned and Chip shrugged as he looks down, tears brimmed his eyes. "I don't deserve these at all. I killed innocent people Ramona and I-I didn't want to," He sniffled and he held out a medal that was shaped like a star with a red, white and blue ribbon. "This is one is Medal of Valor because I helped another soldier," He holds up another and it was the purple heart one. "This is one was given to me for my heroism because I detonated a bomb because I was the only one who knew how to. I thought I was gonna die that day." He sniffled and Chip sighs as he looks at Ramona. "The others I don't want to talk about."

Ramona rubs his back and she rests the side of her face on his shoulder. "If I throw these inside the river, there will be a new start for me, a new beginning." He tells her and Ramona motions him to throw them in. Ramona wished she could understand but the very little she knew, she couldn't really ask because she feels like he would get PTSD on her like some of the people on the news but she knows that Chip was sane and she didn't worry. She watches him throw them in and Chip wipe his face with his free hand, he smiles a little. "I'm gonna find a job, a significant other because we don't live forever and I'm gonna have to pay taxes until the day I die." He laughs at the end and Ramona chuckled as she nudged his shoulder. "Come let's get some hot chocolate because I'm fucking cold."

They walked side by side and Chip noticed that she was on the side of him next to to the street, he grabs her arm gently so they could switch spots and Ramona couldn't help but grin because it shocked how much Cain, Chip, and Bruce were such gentleman, it was because they had an amazing Mother.

-----

Ramona kicked her legs as she quietly sits in the corner of the library, Cain stared at her while she reads and he licked his lips as Ramona rolled her eyes as she looks at him. "Cain, we're at the library, the quietest place in Dallas," She murmured and Cain shrugged as he sits his books down. "I don't care, that's what makes it more exciting," He tells her and Ramona snickered as she closes her book. "No Cain, maybe another time because we have Chip and J-Baby here," She tells him and he pouted softly then he picks up his book, she gets up to go check up on Chip and J-Baby that was sitting in the kid's section and they were playing with the sock puppets they had. "Hey guys," Ramona smiles and Chip looks at Ramona with a smile. "Hey."

J-Baby held up her puppy puppet and she let out a high-pitched bark. "Hi Ramona," J-Baby says and Ramona smiles as she caresses J-Baby's cheek with her free hand. "You guys look like your having a good time," She grinned and Chip nodded. "Jane is a lot of fun," He commented and J-Baby covers her face with her puppet with embarrassment and Ramona thought it was so cute. Chip looked behind Ramona, his eyes widen and his lips parted. She turned around to see what he was looking all stunned for, she smiles as she sees Oshun Wasem this girl she knew through her Mother because she went to the same recreational center as Ramona when they were younger, she was very smart but her parents were poor and they were immigrants. "That is Oshun, she's such a sweetheart."

Chip swallowed hard as he sees the girl's deep brown skin, pretty brown eyes and her pretty white hijab that she wore. "She's very beautiful but should I-I talk to her?" He questioned her nervously and Ramona nodded her head vigorously as she grabs his hand. "Come on, she's so nice and I know you would love her," Ramona says standing up and Chip stands up, he wiped his sweaty palms against his jeans as he stared at her. Pretty brown skin, hijab around her head, she wore a mint green sweater, some dark jeans, and some white keds. Ramona grabs his hand and drags him to her, Oshun head raises up and sees the two then she smiles but her eyes lingered longer on Chip. "Hey Oshun, I want you to meet someone." Ramona says and she looks at Chip who just stares at her and Ramona clears her throat before looking at Oshun. "This is Chip Papillon, he thinks you are gorgeous."

Oshun grinned and she sits down the books that were in her arms. "Does he?"

Chip looked at Ramona and he swallows hard. "Yeah, I-I do. I like your hijab too, it's really pretty." Chip said and Oshun tilts her head a little, her smile became wider and Ramona grins as she sees the Pakistani chuckles because Chip was so nervous and if Ramona was in his shoes, he would be too because Oshun was a gorgeous girl, very smart and she has such a beautiful soul. Ramona left the two to talk and she goes back to Cain who sat by himself reading. "I thought your bro was a smooth operator?" She questioned and Cain looks up to see his brother talking to a girl, he looked so tense and nervous that it made Cain giggle. "Look at 'em, he looks like he's struggling. Should I help him?"

Ramona shakes her head as she looks at Cain. "Let him do it, he will pull through at the end."

Ramona shakes her head as she looks at Cain. "Let him do it, he will pull through at the end." Cain looks at Ramona, she looked a whole lot better especially since he had taken good care of her. The first two days were rough and he didn't leave her side not once because he's so persistent. He bathed her, feed her and, made sure she went to sleep as if she was a child. Ramona was his baby and he loved her so much, he told her every day. Ramona hasn't said it back yet and he was more than okay with that, he was and he knew she felt the same way. J-Baby comes over to them and she sits between Ramona and Cain, she smiles and she gives Cain her book. "Could you read to me please?" The little girl asked him and Cain nodded as he grabbed the book, J-Baby lays her head on his shoulder. Ramona wanted to cry because it was so cute and he was so good with kids.

Ramona gets up and she walks to the nearest payphone that was in the hall of the library. She pulled out her book of numbers and she dialed up the tuition office to see what was exactly how much she owed. She dialed up the number and she hears it ring. "This is UNTs tuition office, I'm Cassidy, how can I help you today?" A lady answers the phone. "Hi, Cassidy, this is Ramona Maple, I'm calling to see how much exactly I owe for my tuition." Ramona says and there was a brief silence. "Ramona Maple right?" The lady questioned and Ramona replied with a yes. "Well, you owe nothing, someone came to make a payment yesterday before we closed so everything is settled, Ms. Maple."

Ramona's heart began to beat fast and she felt her body become hot. "And who came to make a payment?"

The lady paused for a moment and Ramona hears her looking through papers. "Uh, the gentleman went by the name Cain Papillon. We usually don't take payments from random people but he said that you were sick and couldn't come to pay so he brought the money for you." The woman explained and Ramona shakes her head because they talked about this a couple of days ago, she didn't want his money and it three hundred dollars was a lot of money and she couldn't believe that he paid it when she specifically said no to. Ramona quickly thank you to the lady and hung up the phone, she lets out a small groan as she rested her head against the phone. "I'm going to kill him, God, give me the strength, I told that idiot that I got it and what does he do? He pays for it, I can never pay for my own shit," She muttered at the end and she had to get herself together because it would be the wrong place to yell at him but he was gonna get it later.

But for now, she was gonna just pretend that whatever happened didn't happen.

Ramona goes back in and she sits down, Cain looks at her and she smiles so brightly. Cain already knew because he knew her too well because she all smiles at him because she usually gives her bedroom eyes to him or she gives him a small shy smile but that smile was too big. He stayed quiet because he knew that something was up but they were gonna talk about it later.

Chip comes and sits with him, he was very quiet and Ramona smiles at him as she grabs his hand. "What happened?"

Chip suddenly smiles bigger than the usual and he holds out a piece of paper. "I got her number and tonight we're going to go see a movie together." He smirked at the end and Cain hugs his brothers as he pats his back. "I'm so happy for you." Cain smiles and Ramona who looks at J-Baby, she frowns a bit and Ramona tilted her head as she clicked her tongue. "J-Baby, want to come to the bathroom with me?" Ramona questioned and J-Baby looked at Ramona questionably. "Um.. sure?"

The two got up and they walked to the bathroom together, they walked in and Ramona leans down towards J-Baby. "I saw that frown, why are you sad?" Ramona questioned and J-Baby eyes watered as began to sniffle, her lip quivered and Ramona really hated to see J-Baby this way but she was so confused to why she was. "Tell me what's wrong, it's okay, I won't laugh or judge you," Ramona assures her and J-Baby wipes her face. "I'm sad because Chip is gonna have a girlfriend and he's gonna forget about me. I like being around him because he's so fun and he likes to make up cool stories for me, he's a way better storyteller than Cain and please don't Cain I said that. 'Mona I don't have any friends at school because Junior died, they call me names and they call me a coon, I don't even know what that means but I remember going to the store and someone called Momma Jillian that so I know it's bad. I know he's a grown man but Momma Jillian says friends come in all shapes, sizes, ages, and colors," J-Baby cries and Ramona wanted to cry herself because this poor little girl just wants some friends. "Chip will always be your friend J-Baby, I know that and he wouldn't forget about you because he cares about you a lot."

J-Baby wipes her face and she looks at Ramona with a smile. "Chip said that we have a lot in common, we like the same movies, color, we like the red flavored popsicles and he said that we both lost someone that we loved." J-Baby says and she smiles as she wipes her face, Ramona grins as she picks up J-Baby and hugs her. "Don't you worry your pretty little head, Jane, you're a very gorgeous little girl and you're gonna have a bright future, I'll make sure of it. Also, remind me to go to your school and talk to your teachers about the situation," Ramona stated the little girl and J-Baby nodded then she hugs Ramona, she carries J-Baby out the restroom and she swings her around the hall making her laugh. "How about we go to the park and then we go to the store and get some snacks for a movie night?"

"Yes, please." J-Baby mused and they walked back into the library.

A couple of hours passed and J-Baby was riding on Chip's back while they walked up to Cain's apartment. Ramona looks at Cain, he was looking forward but he turned his head to look at Ramona. He slyly smiled and Ramona cut her eyes back in front of her, he lifted his eyebrow as his tongue poked against his cheek and he takes his keys out of his bag. "Chip, take the keys and get everything ready, I need to talk to Ramona for a bit," Cain says and he tosses the keys to Chip's freehand. Ramona crossed her arms because she honestly didn't want to talk about it because it was gonna kill her mood so fast. Chip and J-Baby go inside and Cain looks at Ramona. "What's wrong?"

Ramona's eyes furrowed and she shakes her head. "Don't play dumb Cain, you know what's wrong?"

Cain looks up and he looked to the side and then at her. "No, I have no idea. Did I leave the toilet seat up again this morning? Shit, did you fall through?" He gasped and Ramona rolled her eyes because her mind drifted to went a couple of weeks ago, Cain left the toilet seat up and she got up at the crack of dawn to use the restroom then she sat down and plopped right into the toilet making Ramona so mad that she screamed at him for thirty minutes and Cain sat there and took every part of it, it was like watching a little Schnauzer bark non-stop at a Doberman. "No," Ramona hissed and Cain's eyes went wide because he finally figured it out. "Y-You called?"

Ramona smiles but it was that crazy smile that she did that freaked Cain out but nothing more in the world freaked him out is when she was pissed off she would start laughing lowly as she slowly looks at him. "Hmmm, yep, I did and what did I tell you the other day Cain? I fucking told you that I got it and I don't need your money and what do you do? You fucking went all the way to Denton which I'm trying to figure how you did that because you were with me most of the time and you paid what? Three hundred dollars, that's not money that you can just cough up Cain. I fucking told you that I got it, I can never pay for my own shit!" She ranted and Cain runs his hands through his hair.

Cain's neighbor Iris opens her door and the woman popped her head out, Ramona slowly turned her head to look at her and Iris saw the fire in her eyes and the obvious anger written all over face, Ramona was just waiting for her to say something because Iris got the right one. Iris smiles awkwardly before popping her head back into her apartment and shutting the door. "Ramona, I know what you said, I'm sorry but I wanted to do it for you because you've had a rough couple of months and it's unfair to me to see you work all those hours at the diner while pervs look up your skirt then you being so tired after."

Ramona covers her face and she was just oozing with anger. "Cain, that's how it is for me, I'm a Black Woman. I have to work ten times harder to get what I want and if I have to work in a place where all the perverts go to get what I want then so be it but if they touch me, all hell will break loose. You just don't understand Cain," Ramona murmured at the end and he didn't, he wanted to. "Then help me understand, I'm not seeing what I did wrong," He tells her straight up and Ramona closes her eyes for a moment to gather herself, calm herself down. "Cain, you were born with this privilege, you were automatically born with this divine right to live your life the way you want to by the color of your skin and your life choices. Me as a Black Woman, we're not considered human and we're lucky enough to vote or get a steady job because people don't treat us like every other woman. All those stories of me in school weren't just fun in games, it was me proving myself, my family and everyone else wrong. All the women in my family either got pregnant at a young age, married to some rich guy with money even though they don't even love them, have multiple baby daddies, doing drugs or sleeping around and just up to no good but me, I don't judge and that was their choice but I didn't want to be them. I'm first to graduate besides my Mother, I'm the first to even get accepted into a college and I worked so hard Cain, I put so much blood, sweat and tears into what I do and I wanted to do it by myself because most of my family gave up because people told them they couldn't do it. I didn't need your money because I know that I was gonna get it, you paying for me makes me feel like I didn't work hard enough."

Cain didn't think it was such a big idea, he finally understood why she was so angry about it. "I-I'm sorry, I didn't realize it was like that. This may sound selfish but I paid it as a gift from me to you, I didn't want you to stress yourself out and I just couldn't help myself. I love you so much and I-I'm kinda freaking out because I never loved someone as much as I love you. We're moving so fast and I'm more than okay with that unless you're okay with that," Cain breathed and he looks away from her nervously and Ramona felt horrible for being so mad at him because he was just doing what would make her feel better about everything. "I love you too, and of course I am. I'm sorry for being so mad at you but next time please tell me," Ramona says and Cain completely ignored her apology and he leaned down closer to her. "Say that again?"

Ramona groaned. "What? I said I was sorry."

Cain shakes his head and he smiles. "No,  what you said a little bit before that."

Ramona lets out a giggle and she opened her mouth because she felt like if she said it again that he would combust in joy. "I love you," Ramona repeated and Cain picks Ramona up making her start laughing, he spins around with her making her giggle like a child. "You love me, you said you loved me for the first time and it's the best thing I ever heard in my life, oh my-I need to call my Mom, I need to call Bruce Annette and Autumn, I'm gonna call everybody," He says and he stops spinning, Cain puts her down and Ramona was so dizzy but Cain wasn't which was something she was so confused about because he opens his apartment door. "Chip and J-Baby, Ramona just told me she loved me for the first time!" He exclaimed as he walked in and Ramona followed behind him with a smile on her face, little did she know that he would not stop talking about it for another week.

Happy 2019!

I literally pulled this update out my ass, like I didn't know how to write this chapter because I have an outline of this story and I'm going by it but I'm always changing it like. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29.1K 1.2K 16
Sometimes the heart needs more time accepting what the mind knows. Amina and Henry's marriage has been through trials and tribulations. They both sur...
98.3K 3.1K 29
All Ariel's life she was taught that blacks and whites are not the same that whites were better than blacks. Ariel never paid to much attention to th...
226K 8.4K 45
"Because where there's roses, they'll always be thorns, right?" - Aurora Valentina Marino was adopted by the Italian mafia family, the Marinos, at a...
53.8K 2.7K 11
Meet Yvonne Mason and Augustino Romani. The atrraction is there, the want is there, but so much stands in their way.