Our Happily Ever After-(s.m)

By babyrosemendes

We seen the sweet whirlwind of the arranged marriage between Shawn and Serenity. Now it's time to see their H... More

A / N + Character Visual
Baby Reveal
Fired
"Ultimate business couple"
Water Accidents
Little Angel
Baby Daddy
Back Pains + KIWI
A Valentine's Birthday
Trashed Files
Stress
Pretty Princess
Skylar Visits
Hot Brownies
Dinner for Four
Gender
Stretch Marks
Guy's Night
Celebrations for Friends
Launch Party
Kicks + Over Filled Carts
Room Renovations
Baby Preps + Names
Labour
Our Little Angel
Baby Routines
Last-Minute
Frosting
Mama's Boy
Business Meetings
Chained
Her Arms
Vulnerable State
Warm Bath
Separation Anxiety
Back on Track
Attention-Seeker
Birthday Boy
Surprise Party
Bubbles
The Beach
Shots
Morning Hugs
One-Year Anniversary
Our Happily Ever After...
Q&A + Happy News
Bonus Chapters: TroubleMaker
Bonus Chapter: Copy Cat
Bonus Chapters: Positive
Bonus Chapters: Gender
Bonus Chapters: Hormones
Bonus Chapter: Thanksgiving Emergency
Bonus Chapter: Premature
Bonus Chapter: Home
Bonus Chapters: Morning Drama
Bonus Chapters: Morning Drama (2)
Bonus Chapters: New Members
Bonus Chapters: Valentines
Bonus Chapters: Pools
Bonus Chapters: Aaliyah's Wedding
Bonus Chapters: Tickles + Gold Treasure
Bonus Chapters: Friends
Bonus Chapters: Broken Pink Doors

Home Sweet Home

8.2K 137 55
By babyrosemendes

We stayed in the hospital for the night so they could keep a check on my health and Adrian's before they could send us home. Shawn slept on the pull out couch bed provided.

The night was hectic, Adrian kept crying, I had to keep feeding and changing him. My body was still sore and exhausted so after I had fed him Shawn would walk around the room trying to get him to sleep.

"Well last night was something" Shawn says getting into the hospital next to me as I looked over at Adrian fast asleep in the bassinet.

"He's literally a night owl, awake all night and now he's fast asleep" I groan as I look at the time being 6:30am.

"We will get him into a routine don't worry" Shawn says rubbing his eyes.

"Let's get some more sleep now, while we have time" I say patting his chest. I wrapped my arms over him and rested my head on his chest.

"You have been so amazing Shawn, thank you" I mumble and Shawn just chuckles.

"I'm not even doing anything, you've done everything. I'm more thankful" he says kissing my lips as he pulls me closer to his chest.

My eyes opened and it was around 1pm we managed to have a good few hours of sleep without being disturbed by Adrian.

Shawn was still asleep and I decided not to wake him up because he's barely slept the last two days. His head was rested on my shoulder and I held his hand placing a kiss on the back of it while I watched his chest rise and fall. A small snore coming out of Shawn's mouth which indicated he was in a deep sleep.

I was so bored because both father and son were fast asleep.

I grabbed my phone and started scrolling through my instagram and Emily's profile was shown. I hadn't spoken or seen her since we both fell out and it seemed like she moved on happily, yet I did miss having a best friend like her. After stalking her profile I found out that she's engaged and now lives in Texas.

I slipped out of the bed slowly and I tried not to make any noise even though my body was so sore. I went to take a picture of Adrian sleeping in his bassinet to post it on my instagram. I haven't posted anything on my instagram from months the last time I posted was a picture of me and Shawn curled on the couch together. I turned around to see Shawn has shifted around into the middle of the bed and I didn't bother moving him so I sat down on the couch grabbing a magazine which was on the seat.

As I was engulfed in baby bathing techniques I heard Shawn yawn loudly. I looked up at him and he sleepily smiled down at me.

"Had a nice nap?" I ask him and he nods. I slowly get up and I let out a small wince before making it to the bed.

"Why did you get out of bed? You need full rest, I don't want to moving at all" he says and I nod lifting myself into the bed.

I snuggled into his warm body before placing a kiss on his lips. "Can you please go out and buy us some food, I'm hungry" I say and he nods pressing a kiss on my cheek.

"But just let me hug you for a minute" I say holding him tightly and he chuckles.

As we laid wrapped up the room door opened making me groan until I saw Micheal and Ben.

Shawn and I sat up as they quietly closed the door and walked inside. "Hi" Micheal squealed quietly with a balloon in his hand and a gift bag. They came closer placing stuff down and then Ben placed a bag of food on the table.

Micheal came over to give me a light hug, "how are you feeling?" He asks.

"I'm just a bit sore but I feel good" I say and he smiles.

"Well I'm so proud of you! Of course I had to bring you guys some food because giving birth is a fuck- load of work" He says and I chuckle quietly.

Ben hands us the bag of taco making my mouth water instantly from the warming smell.

"Thank you guys so much" I say and they shake their heads.

Shawn and I started eating because it is true giving birth is so tiring. I think I need to sleep for four days straight then I should be fine.

Ben and Micheal cooed over Adrian while me and Shawn ate to our content. "Thanks guys" I say scrunching yo the wrapper as Shawn tosses it into the bin.

"How has he been?" Ben asks as Micheal sits on the end of bed with Ben standing behind him.

"Well he's a good baby but he stays awake through the night and sleeps through the morning which is hard but hopefully I can get him into a routine maybe" I say with a sigh.

"So you guys are parents how do you feel?!" Micheal asks.

"We feel great and proud" Shawn says and I nod.

"He's the most prettiest baby I have ever fucking seen, you two make great looking kids" Micheal says and I giggle.

"Thank you" I say and he pats my leg.

Micheal and Ben stayed for bit then they had to leave, they were upset Adrian was sleeping the whole time but as soon as they left Adrian woke up and cried. I fed him while Shawn took all of the gifts and balloons home got himself all cleaned. We were getting discharged finally, I couldn't wait to be out of this hospital.

I laid Adrian down on the changing mat while I changed his diaper and then got him an outfit out of the hospital bag. I changed him into a bear onesie which was too big for his tiny boy and a little grey woolly hat. I made sure all my stuff was packed as I now waited for Shawn to come back with the car seat so he could take us home.

Adrian started crying again and I sighed before picking him and rocking him in my arms.

"What's wrong my baby? Shhh don't cry we're going to go home soon" I coo as rocked him slowly making him quieter.

The door opened and I turned around to see Shawn walk inside with the car seat. He placed the carseat on the table as he took Adrian from my arms carefully strapping him into the car seat before swinging the hospital bag over his shoulders. I grabbed my phone to take a picture of him in his going home outfit.

"We made that wow" Shawn says placing an arm around my waist before placing a kiss on my lips.

"Let's go home now" he says and I nod as we both start gathering all of our stuff.
_____

We finally made it inside and the living room was piled with balloons and gifts. I took Adrian out of carrier and sat down with him on the couch. I took his hat off as it was very warm.

"Home sweet home" I coo at Adrian.

Shawn got changed into some comfortable clothes before he came and sat next to me. I crossed my legs with Adrian in my arms before I passed him to Shawn. I leaned my head against Shawn's arm as we both quietly watched Adrian.

"I still don't know what to say, he's perfect" Shawn says as Adrian's small hand grips around Shawn's fingers.

"His hand is so tiny and soft" Shawn says and I giggle.

"He is just so tiny and soft" I say as I stroke his warm cheek with my finger.

I couldn't believe that me and Shawn actually made a little baby. Growing him inside me for the last nine months and he is finally here all healthy. Life is such a beautiful and precious gift, Shawn and I couldn't be more happy then right now.

My eyes started tearing and I was so emotional because almost a year or so ago, I was told that I couldn't have kids. But here I am today to say I'm proud to have given birth to this beautiful angel.

"Are you crying?" Shawn says looking at me and I look up at him and nod. He lets out a chuckle before wrapping his arm around me, as I quietly sob.

"I still can't believe it, he's just so perfect and adorable. I love him and I love you, I love everything" I say sobbing and Shawn laughs.

"You're so cute when you're emotional. I love you both so much" he say placing a kiss on the top of my head.

"I guess I have two babies to take care of now" Shawn says as I let out laugh as I wiped my eyes with my sleeve.

I switched the tv so I could catch up on riverdale as I had missed a few episodes. Shawn warmed up some of my mom's left over soup and we both sat on the couch eating with Adrian in the small bassinet in the corner of the living room.

After we ate Shawn washed the dishes before we curled into the couch together. Half way through the episode Adrian started crying so I got up and walked all the way across to him. I looked down at his red face from all the crying.

"My baby why are you crying" I say as I lift him out and hold him in my arms. I placed a kiss on his head as I tried to quieten him down.

"Are you hungry again? I think you're hungry" I say a I kiss his little wet cheeks. I sat back down on the couch with him in my arms as I got ready to feed him again. Lifting my shirt up and letting him latch on straightaway which made him instantly quiet. We continued watching tv with Adrian feeding and Shawn laying beside me.

Our little family. 

Life couldn't be more perfect then it is...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.7K 483 28
Hey, it's Alexis. I know, you never thought you'd be hearing me again, but that's the way life works. You think it'll end up the way you want it, b...
66.7K 1.3K 25
After getting married to Shawn, you think life would finally go back to normal.....but it doesn't. Being the wife of a famous pop star isn't as glamo...
12.2K 239 33
Shawn and Janessa's journey is continuing. A lot has happened, but there's so much more. Sequel to "In Love With My Idol: Shawn Mendes" (Go read it b...
113K 2K 46
*COMPLETED* arranged marriage noun a marriage planned and agreed by the families or guardians of the couple concerned. Except in Florence's case it's...