[๐Ÿ’] ๐‚๐‡๐€๐๐†๐„ ๐˜๐Ž๐”๐‘ ๐…...

By -midsommar

[ THIS STORY HAS BEEN DISCONTINUED. ] ๐‘ช๐‘ฏ๐‘จ๐‘ต๐‘ฎ๐‘ฌ ๐’€๐‘ถ๐‘ผ๐‘น ๐‘ญ๐‘จ๐‘ป๐‘ฌ.. ๐˜ช๐˜ง ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ฅ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ค๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ค๐˜ฆ... More

EXTENDED SUMMARY + CAST
PLAYLIST
TRIGGER WARNING
EPIGRAPH
โžต o n e
โžต t h r e e
โžต f o u r
โžต f i v e
โžต s i x
โžต s e v e n
โžต e i g h t
โžต n i n e
โžต t e n

โžต t w o

1.8K 44 34
By -midsommar

➵ ⁘ ➵

Around half an hour after Jay left, Maddie had dragged herself out of her room. She couldn't stand the loneliness anymore. It only made her fall deeper into her thoughts. Deeper into the haunting memories. Deeper into the abyss of terror that she so desperately tried to bury in the very bottom of her mind. However, they always managed to resurface.

Maddie avoided human contact as much as possible. She didn't want people to see her in the state she was in. She didn't like people seeing her vulnerable and broken side. The tear stained cheeks, bags under her eyes. The only people she would let see that in her were Jay, Elyse and Ben. The only person who fully understood in this case was Ben.

Maddie knocked on the door to Ben's office with a small sigh. She wiped the tears from under her eyes as she waited for a response.

"Come on in." Ben's voice came from the inside. Maddie opened the door, closing it behind her. She turned, greeting him with a tired and distressed face.

"Hi..." She choked out.

"Maddie?" Ben said looking up. "What's wrong, I thought you were..." He trailed off. "You aren't sick, are you?" Maddie shook her head as tears pricked in her eyes.

"Is it him again?" Ben asked softly. Maddie nodded as tears began to escape from her eyes.

"H-he..." She tried to speak, but no more words came out.

"Come here," Ben said softly, opening his arms slightly. Maddie slowly walked forward and fell into Ben's arms in tears.

"He can't hurt you anymore. You're safe here." Ben soothed, to which Maddie nodded in response.

"I-I know... b-but my head doesn't be-believe it... if Maleficent got here..."

"Maleficent had magic. He doesn't." Ben pointed out.  Maddie buried her face in Ben's arm and continued to cry.

"I-I don't know how much fucking longer I can go on like this, Ben. I thought the haunting was over. I thought I was strong enough to not let it affect me. B-but I don't think I ever will be..."

"You are strong, Maddie. You're one of the strongest girls I know. And you will get over this." Ben said, rocking back and forth.

"Shouldn't I have gotten over it already?" Maddie sobbed. "The reality is that maybe I am weak. Just weak and broken."

"This isn't an easy thing to get over. And you never talked to a professional.... or anyone other than me about it." Ben said.

"I can't talk to a professional." Maddie said quickly. "My mum doesn't even know, Ben. I-I can't..."

"It might help you... even telling Jay would help." Ben replied as a suggestion.

"No." Maddie shook her head, standing more upright. "I-I can't do that... I don't need the sympathy."

"It's not for sympathy." Ben reassured her. "It'd be for you to know someone else is there for you."

"I can't tell him." Maddie said firmly. "I can't."

"Ok." Ben relented and then smiled slightly. Maddie noticed the smile and furrowed her eyebrows slightly.

"What's that for?"

"You aren't crying anymore. You were so busy thinking about telling Jay you snapped out of your panic attack." Ben said softly. Maddie rolled her eyes slightly and cracked a small smile for the first time in ages.

"You always know how to distract me."

"Yep. And now," Ben changed the subject. "You're skipping class." Maddie let out a small groan that faded into a sigh.

"I can't face being in public." She muttered. "If I start to panic or get a flashback... and then people will see me vulnerable..."

"Then hide out in your room." Ben suggested, letting go of the redhead. "Or here." He added after a moment.

"That's what I'm trying to do. I've been hiding in my room for a week." Maddie sighed. "And I can't stay here because you have work to do and you can't console me constantly."

"Being alone may not be the best choice." Ben said in his wise tone. "It lets your thoughts rise up without any distractions."

"But being around people makes me panic. My emotions are everywhere." Maddie sighed. "I can't win."

"That's why I suggested staying here. You don't panic too much with me." Ben sighed. "Or go with Jay. He makes you feel safe."

"But he doesn't know. I know he's trying to get me to crack and tell him... even if it's subtle. But I can't..." Maddie looked down at the floor. "And you have other stuff to do. You're a king."

"And you're important to me. I can multitask and you can help me. It's not like you haven't done any royal thing before, Princess Madison of DunBroch." Ben stated.

"Don't pull the princess thing out on me." Maddie groaned. "Royal shit is... well, shit."

"How do you think I feel?" Ben questioned.

"Well you actually like doing some of that shit." Maddie rolled her eyes slightly. "I don't."

"Yes, but Cotillion is annoying." Ben groaned slightly.

"Do I have to go?" Maddie asked.

"Yes you do. And it's a formal event. You have to wear a dress." The king said, sitting down in his chair.

"Are you fucking kidding me?" Maddie groaned and sat down in one of the chairs. "Whyyyyy?"

"Because you're my best friend. Besides, all your friends are going to be there. And there's my special gift for Mal." he stated with a goofy smile.

"Oh my god you are in far too deep with her." Maddie rolled her eyes slightly. "I don't want to go." She groaned. "Dresses. And dancing."

"Please??" Ben pouted. Maddie crossed her arms and let out another groan.

"That's Maddie talk for yes." Ben grinned.

"I didn't say yes." Maddie muttered.

"But I bet Autumn and Cecilia would make you go. And Elyse isn't going to go without you." Ben pointed out.

"I know I know." Maddie groaned again. "And that's why I have to go."

"Exactly." Ben nodded.

"Well... I guess I should go. Leave you to your Kingly duties." She bowed mockingly. Then she turned serious. "Thank you, Ben. Seriously. I don't know where I'd be without you."

"It would probably be better if you didn't imagine it." He responded.

"I know." Maddie nodded slightly, walking towards the door. "See you later, princey. Can't really call you that anymore, can I? You're a king now."

"It hasn't stopped you the last six months." He pointed out.

"Well yeah I know. But that's not the point." She rolled her eyes slightly. "It just occurred to me."

"Sure...." Ben trailed off into a sigh, standing up. "I have a council meeting."

"You should get to that." Maddie said. "Wouldn't want the king to be late."

"I'll walk you down though." Ben said. "I want to say hi to Mal anyway."

"I'm not a baby I'm capable of walking myself." Maddie groaned slightly.

"I need to make sure you actually go back to school instead of somewhere else. You've already skipped a few days." Ben reminded the redhead.

"Can't I just skip today?" Maddie asked. "What do I do if..." She trailed off, her face dropping.

"You can pretend to be ill, but you've got to be in the dorms." Ben pointed out.

"Everyone thinks I'm ill anyway. You're the only person who actually knows." Maddie muttered.

"Say you threw up and needed fresh air. You did need to go out, so it's not a full lie." Ben suggested.

"Yeah you have a point. I'll say that." Maddie nodded and then let out a sigh. "Come on, let's get you to your girlfriend." She said, opening the door.

➵ ⁘ ➵

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

219K 5.2K 19
he was so enchanted by her. when she was born, the daughter of queen elsa was thrown onto the isle out of fear of what she could become. now sixteen...
22.6K 291 16
You are bens twin sister. He is older then you. When you were younger, someone cursed you. Who is is that someone? ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ You will definite...
19K 302 13
Y/n. Daughter of Maleficent and little sister of Mal. The VKs are forced to go to Auradon and try and steal The Fairy Godmother's wand in hopes to fr...
100K 2K 24
As soon-to-be King. Ben makes his first proclamation, to bring five kids from the Isle of the Lost to Auradon. Chosen among the five teens for the Is...