Royal Sinners (Sinners 1)

By E_Manawari

After witnessing the death of her mother, Hanna Mamori has lived as quietly as she could. But when she gets t... More

Foreword
Prologue : Per Il Sangue
Chapter 1: Perso E Trovato
Chapter 2 : Nuova Venuta
Chapter 3: Venuta di Schiavi
Chapter 4: Il Ritorno Del Re
Chapter 5: Remborsi di Debiti
Chapter 6: Confidando Il Maestro
Chapter 7: Con Un Uomo Solo
Chapter 8: Il Giusto Prezzo
Chapter 9: Salvami
Chapter 10: La Morte di Bastardo
Chapter 12: La Recluta
Chapter 13: Finale Decisione
Chapter 14: Tradimento E Innocenza
Chapter 15: Punizione Crudele
Chapter 16: Perdonato
Chapter 17: L'invidia Dei Deboli
Chapter 18: Consegna Prezioso
Chapter 19. Niente di Personale
Chapter 20: L'invidia Gioco
Chapter 21: Leone e L'agnello
Chapter 22: Visita Di Messagero
Chapter 23: Tornare A Casa
Chapter 24: Casa Dolce Casa
Chapter 25: Gioco Degli Scacchi
Chapter 26: La Nuda Veritá
Chapter 27: Ricordi Pittura
Chapter 28: Demone Nella Carne
Chapter 29: Il Lupo Tra I Cani
Chapter 30: Il Mio Nome É Camilla
Chapter 31: L'Ultimo Bacio
Chapter 32: Benvenuti A Casa
Chapter 33: Prima Lezione
Chapter 34: La Concessione De Desideri
Chapter 35: Casinò Di Gustavo
Chapter 36: Gita Selvaggia
Chapter 37: Commercio Di Ladri
Chapter 38: Nord Valle Accademia
Chapter 39: Per Mia Figlia Camilla
Chapter 40: Regno Del Nord
Chapter 41: Maestro E Cuccioli
Chapter 42: Belle Cose Mortifere
Chapter 43: Secondo Dono
Chapter 44: Una Bella Vista
Chapter 45: Principessa Sfarzo
Chapter 46: Danza Con Uno Sconosciuto
Chapter 47: Il Consiglio Mafioso
Chapter 48: Sorpresa, Sorpresa
Chapter 49: Il Giuramento Camilla
Chapter 50: Casa Di Piacevole Caos
Chapter 51: Frammenti Di Un Tutto
Chapter 52: Intensioni Egoistiche
Chapter 53: Sei Contro Un Esercito
Chapter 54: La Preghiera Del Peccatore
Chapter 55: Un Coure Mal Di Un Giorno
Chapter 56: Veleno di Amore
Chapter 57: Amaro E Dolce
Chapter 58: L'intenzione Di Joker
Chapter 59: Il Tradimento Del Fratello
Chapter 60: Intenzioni Sconosciute
Chapter 61: Prigionero Disposto
Chapter 62: Il Buon Tela
Chapter 63: Più Demoniaco
Chapter 64: Preludio alla Catastrofe
Chapter 65: Serpente Tra i Serpenti
Chapter 66: Donna Fatale
Chapter 67: Lo Scambio Di Doni
Chapter 68: Il Più Cattivo Di Tutti
Chapter 69: Fine Peccatori.
Epilogue
SEQUEL ANNOUNCEMENT
"Bad" News

Chapter 11: Prova Di Fedeltá

21.8K 721 53
By E_Manawari

"Hey Hanna, read it!" I couldn't bother to look at the book Lilo waved in front of me. No, not that I'm ignoring her on purpose. "Weakling! He~llo?"

Maybe a little more and her mood will spiral to murderous again, but I kept on replaying the words she said to Don Gotti.

True to my predictions, a cold blade kissed the skin of my neck. "You're boring," she said, coldly at last.

"Lilo... did you do it?"

"Oh, you're talking again." She pulled back the dagger and disappeared under her skirt. "Did what?"

"Byrone. Did you kill him?"

"Well... sort of."

I couldn't find the right words to say.

"Just kidding."

I was freed from the dilemma of telling her it's a sin to kill and run away. She said she didn't, so maybe she didn't. At least, that's what I wanted to believe. "Then... how did you know that he begged before he died?"

"Well, it was just a guess. Knowing Byrone, I'm sure he did. Besides, it's not like he was killed quickly. His fingers were all cut, no one does that after the body is dead. I'm guessing he was tortured first."

I nodded and believed her every word.

"Aren't you curious?"

"About what?"

"About everything. And... of all the things you've seen. Aren't you afraid of us, Hanna?"

There were no pretenses now. She's just a child, afraid of losing a friend if that's what she thought of me.

"Yes, I am. But I'm sure you have your reasons to live like this. It depends on you if you want to tell me anything."

Huh. How bold of me to demand trust. Ironic for someone who keeps skeletons in the closet. She smiled again, free of doubt and malice, a plain happy smile of a fourteen-year-old. "I trust you now. You know, I'm happy he died that way, Byrone. He was always mean, well, we're all bad, but... you know what I'm trying to say. My teacher said it was a terrible job though, 'No etiquette and messy'."

"Teacher?"

"Alfonse Herod... that freak with a hankie. He's my mentor." The she added, "Well, because of that stupid look on your face, I'll explain. When that good-for-nothing brother of mine went away, he told Pete, Byrone and Alfon to be left behind. Because of his background, Gentle is the best option. That's why I asked him to teach me how to... clean. It's nothing. Sooner or later, I'll have to do it. But then, we have different principles."

She fisted her palms and lamented. "He told me that I'm careless. When you kill someone, you just kill them, right? It's supposed to be murder! With all the smashing, shooting, stabbing and etcetera! Of course, there's blood, or...organs and a lot of mess! I can't choke people to death with a hankie like he does!"

"Why would you want to be a cleaner?"

She flipped her hair. "Well, a pretty face with a deadly skill is a great combo, yes?" But the smile didn't last. She picked up another apple and cut it in half. "I have to be strong and not be a burden to anyone. The guys have too much stuff to do and I don't wanna add to it. Most importantly, maybe someday, if I become the best cleaner, I can use it to kill someone. To cut that person to pieces and see him rot, like this apple." Lilo stared at the cut fruit with full of hatred.

"Who?"

"The one who killed my father. Or even his son, I'll kill him, too. Gustavo Qapone will die or feel the pain of losing someone."

The same man who killed my mother.

Lilo shook her head as if to make the dark mood disappear. She pouted. "I'll also show Zak what I got. People think that he's the only one who can. Women have no place in the mafia, not a capo, consigliere, cleaner... anything! Between us, it's obvious that Zak is the successor. They said he's a natural mafioso. I can't be like him, so, to feel better about myself, I call him 'Zakie'. He hates it."

"That's..."

"Brilliant? I know!"

I was supposed to say 'childish'.

"But before, he didn't want to live with blood on our hands. Did you know Zak liked to paint? But then, something screwed up. Fortunello was formed, he left, came back and then here we are!" She spread her arms like a grand gesture of welcome.

More than fear when she mentioned Gustavo, I was envious. Compared to her, I'm a coward, terrified to even think of revenge. But Lilo knew what to do. Family and revenge, maybe they are valid reasons.

In all her expressed frustration, all I did was listen and was satisfied that I found another piece of the puzzle, and that she trusted me. If not, it's still good to know something about her. So I just nodded... like it was normal. I guess I'm irreversibly insane too.

"Why are you smiling? You should be afraid, Hanna. I don't even understand why you're still here."

"Then why are you telling me this if you knew I'd be afraid? I could report to the police."

She burst out laughing. "I can't believe you're that stupid! It's on the internet! It's not like it's a secret or anything. You're the only one who probably didn't know. Seriously, what world are you in?"

Same with you, but probably darker.

"The authorities were upon us, you know. When Daddy was killed, the attention shifted Zak. Good or bad people, everyone waited for him to mess up. Most articles about us were speculations, but some got it right. What I told you was the truth."

"Still, it's valid information. What if I report you?"

"Don't bother. Authorities here are spineless. And... I can always kill you."

I was certain she's not joking.

"I know." I mirrored her smile.

"Interesting. You know, Hanna, you're fun. You might entertain me!"

Everything fell into place. Like a routine, I got used to the presence of the Fortunello, whether in school or the Orleonne Mansion. Maybe they just tolerated my presence by Zak's orders, but still, I felt that I belong. Though they didn't talk about their personal lives, there were things that I have discovered.

Except for Pete, they all like to play poker. Until now, nobody won against Lilo. Once, I caught her cheating but kept quiet. Either she's a great cheater or the others just let her believe that she is a great cheater.

Jah loves reggae (and weed, according to Lilo) and Kut has an obsession with knives, hence his name. Pink and Greco argues a lot, mostly about who has the best ass among the celebrities. Inno is bullied for his shyness in which he doesn't mind, he even apologizes for it. I found a connection with Q who doesn't speak at all. Sometimes Zak mingles with them, but most of the time, he'd secludes himself in the room full of paintings.

It's been weeks like that. An unusual group with an unusual relationship. Bino would joke that I am their new puppy and they have to train me until I'm strong enough to bite people with my fangs.

For now, I entered the school library, ignoring Greco who followed me around, headset on and bobbing his head to the music. He waited outside the aisle of bookshelves, something about being surrounded by books suffocates him.

"Go on, betray them. Like Judas did to the son of your God."

I turned to see a man, probably a little older than Bino. But this guy wore formal clothes, not a school uniform. I assumed he's one of the school staff. He was leaning on the shelf an open book in his hand.

"Sorry, I hope I didn't surprise you." Then closed the book.

I nodded and focused on my book hunt. But my ease of mind disappeared when he was already next to me and too close for me to run. "Hello, Miss Mamori. I apologize for my sudden intrusion. I hope you don't mind talking to me here."

I moved back, but then his hand gripped my arm and pinned me on a bookshelf. "Sssh... this a library. Screamers will be punished." His grip tightened. I winced. "Don't worry. I just want to have a little chat."

"Who are you?"

"A messenger. You see... I need your assistance. I'm curious about something, a package entrusted to your friend, Mr. Orleonne. Not just the South, but Northern families, thugs and elite, everyone wants it.

I'm sure you knew, you've been in trouble because of it. It could be a bomb, or a bioterrorism weapon, or just a chest of treasure, who knows. Only Mr. Orleonne knew what it is, hidden and kept until the right time."

"It's his to keep."

"Isn't he selfish?" He looked convincingly sad. "My boss doesn't like that. He's curious about the package, too. And that's when our heroine, you, will come to rescue."

"What... what will I do?"

"Simple. Betray them. Find out where they kept the package and that's it."

How could he say it so casually? Betray them. They're not even my friends, yet this man is telling me to waste the chance of discovering the wonderful people behind the masks of Fortunello, Lilo, Zak. All of them.

"No."

He leaned forward. "I'm sorry...what did you say?"

"N-"

"-Can you please say it again?" His other hand was on my face as if he could crush my skull anytime. "I can't hear you, please say it clearly."

Then he let me go and I fell on the floor, hands on my face and biting my lips to hold a scream.

"Are you okay?" He offered his hand. In fear, I took it. "My, my...you look deathly pale." He gently caressed my cheek. "Don't tell your friends about this, Ms. Mamori. It's our little secret. I have eyes everywhere, one wrong move and that's it. Be careful now, accidents happen all the time."

He picked up his book on the floor and handed to me. "Here." The title said 'The God Hunt'. "It's a good book, and you found it here. We don't like suspicions, don't we?" He then disappeared into the maze of bookshelves, with a warning. "I'll give you time to decide, but do it quickly. My boss, Mr. Qapone is an impatient man."

I froze. No. It couldn't be. "W-Who?"

"Qapone, who else? Gustavo Qapone."

***

Test of Loyalty

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.3K 2.2K 39
-Completed- ★UNDER EDITING AND/ REVISION★ Two and a half years after the tragic incident that took the life of Bella's mother Hanna Hernandez, Bella...
721 100 35
Vivian Hale, a 22-year-old college student lives her life peacefully with her brother Ethan and a stable job. Her mother is an alcoholic and her dad...
149K 2.6K 27
Sequel to: The Gang Leader Meats His Mafia Father- In- Law ___________________ You need to read the first story to understand this story :) ________...
9.2K 235 33
Description       Bruce John is a very dangerous man. He is one of the mafia leaders that are fear by everyone. Although he is a well known dangerous...