Lupus Heart | Wolf Duology Bo...

By AswanRush

Wolf Duology Book One I've been rejected, hated, and abused ever since I could remember; but never once loved... More

O N E
T W O
T H R E E
F O U R
F I V E
S I X
S E V E N
E I G H T
N I N E
E L E V E N
T W E L V E
T H I R T E E N
F O U R T E E N
F I F T E E N
S I X T E E N
S E V E N T E E N
E I G H T E E N
N I N E T E E N
T W E N T Y
T W E N T Y - O N E
T W E N T Y - T W O

T E N

53.5K 964 102
By AswanRush

(Angel's POV)

I was so excited to be going to a carnival and the beach. It felt really good to have new clothes and to be able to choose what to wear. At first I was afraid to get the dress and my other clothes, but when I saw Tal's smile and he said I had a choice if I wanted to get them or not, I knew there was nothing to be afraid of.

I knew Tal wasn't like the rouge Alpha and it made me happy that I finally had a chance to live a normal life with my mate. As we started getting closer to our destination, I started to feel really excited, but also scared. What if something happened? What if I freak out and ruin the date and everything Tal planned out?

"Angel? Sweetheart, what's wrong? Why are you breathing so fast?" Tal asked concerned.

While I was having a small panic attack, I didn't even notice that we had pulled into the parking lot in front of the carnival entrance. Tal grabbed my hands gently in his, rubbing his thumb across the back of my hands trying to calm me down. Slowly my breathing went back to normal and I felt a little calmer than before.

"I'm ok now. I just don't want to disappoint you by messing things up today on our date. I want to forget about my past and move on but I can't seem to get over everything that's happened to me in the last 8 years like everyone wants me too. It's not that easy to not think that something won't happen to me or that this is all a dream and I'll wake up to find myself back in that cage again. I want to get better and live a normal life but I don't know how." I said truthfully, keeping my eyes glued to my hands as I felt a shame like no other fill my heart.

I didn't want to look at Tal's face and see what he actually thought of me and that he might not want to be with me anymore. When he didn't say anything I took that as his answer to my unasked question and felt tears fill my eyes.

"I'm sorry... I know I'm not what you wanted in a mate, that I'm the complete opposite of it. You don't have to worry rejecting me because I understand you don't want me anymore. Everyone was right, I can't be fixed. I just... I... I'm sorry..." I rambled on quietly.

Not be able to hold back the tears that have been choking to come out, I opened the door as fast as I could. I didn't know where I was going as I ran from the car with tears rolling down my cheeks trying to control my sobs. Before I could get very far I felt a gentle hand grab my arm and pulled me to a stop.

"Angel," I heard Tal whisper. His voice full of hurt and sadness that it made me cry even harder. I never wanted to hurt him. I just wanted to give Tal a chance to live a better life with someone else that he can't get from me.

"Angel." Tal said again, but with less hurt and sadness in his tone. I still couldn't look him in the eyes. I just couldn't. Tal sighed and turned me so I was facing him all the way as he pulled my chin up gently with his hand so I had to look at him.

"I'm-m s-s-o-r-r-y," I sobbed out quietly as I closed my eyes. Tal cupped my face in his smooth hands and kissed my forehead before speaking.

"Why did you run Angel? I would never reject you because of what happened to you in your past that you had no control over. You are perfect for me in every way and I don't want anyone else but you baby girl. I didn't know that you still felt that way about yourself or about life, but I can tell you this; I will help you get better and I will never regret having you as a mate. However much you need to feel better is how much we'll take and never say sorry for something that you had no control over happening to you."

"I don't know what's wrong with me," I whispered softly.

A small smile formed on Tal's face. "Love, nothing is wrong with you. What you went through, no one should ever go through either. Is going on this date to much for you Angel? If it is, I didn't mean to push you into going when you weren't ready yet. We can always put it off for another day and do something else? It's all up to you."

I could tell from Tal's eyes that he was upset. I knew that going on this date meant a lot to him because he wanted to show and take me to all the places I've never been to. Before I could say anything back to him, I felt Tal pulling me gently back to his car.

"Why are we leaving? Are you angry with me? I didn't mean to ruin our date, I'm sorry." I mumbled as we got back in the car. I heard Tal gasp and look at me with a soft expression.

"Oh, sweetheart. I'm not angry with you at all. We're just gonna go back home, eat, get some rest, and then bring Jamie along with us if you would like that?" Tal asked.

"Um... okay," I said.

Before we got out the car to go inside, Tal told me that his parents went home and Luca and Rose were inside with Jamie. As soon as the door opened up, I heard Jamie squeal happily, "Mommy!"

I bent down to hug Jamie after he had hugged Tal. "We came back to eat and relax first before we finish our date. Also I thought maybe Jamie would like to come with us if he's up for it or he can just stay here with you and Luca." Tal informed his sister Rose.

"Sure. Whatever you decide to do just let us know. We're gonna go see Mum and Dad, so call us before you leave." Rose smiled as she pulled Luca, her mate out the door.

After they both left, Jamie turned towards me with a smile on his little face. "Can we play a game Mommy?" Jamie asked simply. I was wanting to say yes, but realized that I didn't know how because I've never gotten the chance to.

"Um..." I mumbled not sure what to say. Jamie looked at me with wide confused eyes and I suddenly felt shameful and guilty for not knowing what to say.

"Jamie, why don't you give Mommy some ideas on what kinda games you both can play together?" Tal suggested. Jamie smiled, jumping up and down excitedly before taking off to wherever he kept his games. When Jamie returned, he had a bag full of games tightly grasped in his tiny arms.

"These are all the games we can play with together," Jamie pointed to the bag he put on the floor at my feet.

"Well, let's look through them and see what you have." I told him as I knelt down in front of the bag.

As Jamie and I dug through the bag, I looked around the room for Tal. When I spotted Tal standing by the front door I was going to ask if he would like to play also but stopped myself. Tal had a blank look on his face but in his eyes, I could see what he was hiding. He was angry, sad, worried, and disappointed about something.

I could tell that Tal wasn't paying attention to anything as he kept starring off into space. Somewhere deep down inside me, I felt like I was some what to blame for how he felt. Maybe Tal was more upset about what happened today then he's letting on?

"What do you want to play Mommy?" Jamie questioned.

"How about we play the game that is your favorite?" I asked.

Jamie nodded enthusiastically as he stuck his hands in the bag and started digging around for his game. As I watched Jamie I couldn't help but think that Tal was lying when he told me the reason why we actually came home. It was like Tal didn't want me to know, like he didn't trust me with that information.

Right when Jamie pulled out his game for us to play, I almost screamed when I heard Tal growl loudly. What happened next made me wish I never asked that stupid question. I stood up and slowly walked towards Tal as he was closing his cell phone, that I didn't know he was on, to see if he was ok.

"Tal, are you ok?" I asked shyly.

Tal must not have realised that it was me because his head snapped up to mine and his eyes held an angry glint in them. "I'm fine," he snapped at me.

I quickly took a step back and keep my gaze down at my feet. "I'm... I'm sorry..." I whispered timidly as I tried to hold back my tears that were forming in my eyes.

"Angel..." Tal said sadly and I knew that he now realised what he did. I couldn't look at him, afraid he would snap at me again so I turned to Jamie and picked up his bag.

"Come on, Jamie. Let's go upstairs and you can show me your game that you want us to play together."

"Okay, Mommy." Jamie grabbed my hand and we quickly left the room.

•|•|•|•|•

(Tal's POV)

I felt like a stupid fucking asshole for snapping at my little mate for no reason. I screwed up bad and it hurt like shit to see Angel step away from me like she was afraid of me. The only thing that is going through my mind right now is praying that Angel doesn't think of me like the rogue Alpha.
If I didn't make this up and pray for Angel's forgiveness then I was doomed.

At the time I didn't even realise that it was Angel who was trying to talk me because I been distracted by what Luca, my soon to be Beta, had been telling me. When Angel asked me why we were coming back home I told her it was so we could eat, rest, and ask Jamie if he wanted to come along also, but that all changed when Luca called me after Angel and I greeted Jamie.

What Luca had told me had me angry enough that I let it get to me and it caused me to snap at my mate. Now I just have to figure out how to tell Angel something that might send her back into her shell that she was slowly coming out of. Suddenly the front door came open and my family walked in.

"Where's Angel and Jamie? Did you tell her already?" my Mother asked. My wolf whimpered and clawed inside wanting to get out and comfort his mate.

"Um... I... I didn't get to tell her because after I found out I lost control of my wolf for a few seconds and accidentally snapped at Angel with out realising it was her until after I did it." I whispered to her.

"Tal..." my Mother scolded. "Where is she?"

Just thinking about what I did had me almost doubling over in pain. "She took Jamie upstairs so they could play one of his games."

"Talon, you listen to me now," my Mother demanded quickly. "I want you to go upstairs and find Angel. Tell her what we learned today and explain what you did was an accident and hopefully Angel will forgive you and understand."

My Mother and Father went to the kitchen and Rose took Luca to the living room. I took a deep breath and slowly made my way up the stairs and down the hall to where I could smell Angel and Jamie's scents in my room. I knocked on the door and smiled weakly when I heard small feet shuffling to get the door.

"Hi Daddy! Mommy wants me to get her something to drink but I don't want to leave her!" Jamie exclaimed.

"Well buddy, to help you feel better, I'm gonna talk to Mommy while you get her a drink and maybe you could ask grandma to help you make her something to eat also," I suggested.

"Okay Daddy! Be right back Mommy!" Jamie told us, skipping down the hall.

"Angel..." I whispered out nervously into my room. Angel looked up at me then straight back down at her hands from where she sat on the edge of my bed. I knelt down on the floor in front of Angel slowly so I was eyes level with her.

"Love... Angel, look at me please..." I begged quietly as I gently cupped her chin and tilted her face up to mine. Her eyes were swimming with tears and held so much sadness that my wolf screamed at me to come out and comfort his mate.

"T-tal... Y-yo-u..." Angel couldn't get the words out as her bottom lip trembled and her eyes watered even more.

"I never meant to snap at you like that Angel. I couldn't control my wolf after Luca told me something over the phone earlier. Please don't think that I'm like the rogue Alpha and that I'm gonna treat you badly because I could never hurt you Angel." I explained quickly to her as I cupped her soft face in my hands.

Angel leaned into my touch and slowly her eyes closed in content. "Oh..." was all she mumbled as her eyes slowly opened.

"I'm sorry Angel. Please forgive me. I love you with all my heart and soul," I confessed my love to her for the first time.

Angel stood up and wrung her hands nervously in front of her. I hoped that my confession of love to her would help Angel see that I could never hurt her and that I care deeply about her too. Angel took a step forward and threw her arms around my neck and whispered in my ear those soft words that had both my wolf and I promising to never break her trust in us.

"I forgive you Tal. I love you with all my heart and soul too," she declared.

I hugged her back gently and savored the contact she was giving us until I remembered that I need to tell her what Luca told me. I just prayed that once I tell Angel what I found out that she would trust me to keep her and Jamie safe no matter what because I protect what's 'Mine'.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.7K 275 22
I smiled as I watched my closest friends be happy. That's all I've ever wanted, right? Make those around me happy, but it's hard sometimes. It's hard...
696K 23.6K 34
THIS BOOK IS COMPLETED but it will be HEAVILY EDITED and have things added to it in the future. I wrote this book when I was much younger. I didn't e...
1.8K 82 8
This is a Dark romance, shifter wolf story. There are scenes of abuse, violence, non-consent, sex. The male lead is crazy and obsessive. For as long...
18.6K 355 26
In a bad fire at the age of ten Jane parents were killed leaving her to fid for herself. Before they died her father always told her stories about wo...