9pm Bruises [Larry AU]

By Larry_Lashton

Louis is a twenty-one year old owner of a popular tea shop called 'Spot O' Tea'. Recently he notices a new cu... More

Warning & Description:
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Epilogue

Chapter 5

16.1K 556 1.3K
By Larry_Lashton

It's February, and Harry's birthday was recent. He went with his boyfriend on a cruise for a week, and I honestly missed him. A lot. Over the month we've become closer. Everyday he'd come by as usual, and I'd get off earlier. Then we would go to my flat until about eleven. We would watch movies, eat, joke around, play video games. Basically we just hung out and relaxed.

I never met Harry's boyfriend before. Harry talks about him often though. He told me that they met in college and Nick, his boyfriend, was studying to be a therapist. He's 24, and apparently is 'the sweetest guy ever'. Said by Harry.

I tolerate his ongoing rambling about how amazing and nice and cute and – okay, no. I don't tolerate it, I basically ignore it. Why? Because I'm jealous. Jealous as fuck. I hide it well though; I just nod and give fake smiles to seem polite. I don't want to hurt the boy's feelings.

As for those bruises, whenever I spotted them I'd question where they came from. Harry would always say how he hit his head, tripped, and banged his arm, et cetera. Basically he lied. I know he did.

Those bruises weren't small, they are always big and it seems impossible to get a bruise on your neck by accident without intentions. I wouldn't pressure him, though. We just started talking a little over a month ago so of course he won't come to me about whatever he's going through.

It's February seventh, and Harry is coming back today. He texted me often during the trip, everyday actually. He never called though. He says his boyfriend is getting jealous of us getting close and doesn't want to upset him. I understand, but also I'm kind of sad about that because, really, I'm jealous of them.

"Hey, Lou!" I turned to Eleanor and smiled as she said, "Liam, Danielle, and I are going to the movies tonight, want to come?"

I shrugged carelessly, "Sure what time?"

"Six o'clock, Niall said he'd watch the shop for us so we can go!" She beamed and I looked to the clock to see that it was already 5:30.

"Okay, let me get ready and I'll meet you outside," I told her and she agreed. I sighed and walked to the back room, taking off my apron.

"So you and Eleanor?"

I jumped, startled, and chuckled seeing a smirking Niall, "Me and Eleanor what?"

"Aren't you guys going on a double date?" He questioned, turning back to the beaming Eleanor on the phone outside the shop.

I rolled my eyes and fixed my hair slightly in the mirror that was hung up while saying, "It's not a date, besides I like Harry."

"Still?" Niall gaped with an appalled tone, "Isn't he dating that Nick lad?"

I frowned, "Yeah. But I don't even like El. She's just a friend."

"Whatever you say, Lou," Niall snickered, "But you might as well give it a go. It seems Like Harry really likes this Nick bloke."

I glared at the blond, "Shut up! And I don't care, I'm going now on my not date. Lock up the shop, yeah?"

Niall caught the keys I tossed at him, and saluted me playfully as I stuck my tongue out at him before rushing out the door. I turned and saw Eleanor leaning against the wall, waiting for me patiently.

She was dressed in a green button up tank top with black skinny jeans. Her hair was a chestnut brown color and slightly curly. Honestly, she's pretty. And if I wasn't crushing on Harry, I'd date her, but sadly I just can't see myself with her.

"Hey, Lou," She smiled, tucking her phone in her purse that was hanging off of her shoulder. It is a simple brown bag with golden buckles.

I nodded in a gesturing way, "Hi, are we meeting them there?"

"Yeah, Liam's on his way to the theatre. Should we get going?" Eleanor grinned.

I chuckled and stuffed my hands in my pocket, "Yeah."

We walked to my car and I got in on my side, waiting for her to buckle up as I did the same before we headed off.

-

"How about Carrie?" Eleanor suggested.

"No! That's freaking frightening, let's watch Enough Said," Danielle implied. She was wearing a gray crop top with black skinny jeans, and her curly hair out. Danielle is a rather beautiful girl, and I'm very happy Liam and her are dating; they're perfect for one another.

"Cloudy with a chance of Meatballs 2, definitely," Liam nodded at his own choice. I love that Liam is more into family like movies. It makes him more unique. I am sort of like him in that sense. I am into comedies and family-friendly types, but I have my horror movie moments also. Like when I played 'Halloween' when Harry came over.

I was actually quite annoyed at the argument, and huffed, "C'mon guys, I say Enough Said sounds good."

Liam and Eleanor gaped at me, "What?"

"Sorry, C'mon. Two against one," I motioned them to come over to the stand. Childish people, seriously? I thought I was immature.

They both rolled their eyes as Danielle grinned triumphantly, obviously pleased that I chose her choice of the flick and turned to her boyfriend, "See? Liam, why can't you just accept my choice of movies?"

"Sorry babe, but animated movies are the best," Liam winked before pecking her cheek as an apology.

"Four tickets to Enough Said, please," I said when we got to the booth, and handed the money over.

The acne-covered teen gave me the tickets, and we headed off to the line getting our food. After the long wait, we finally made it to the theatre. Eleanor and I sat next to one another and Liam sat next to me with Danielle on his other side. Soon, the movie began playing and I shushed the chatty brunette girl next to me before taking a sip of Coke.

-

When the movie ended, I glared at the ground. This is why I don't date women (anymore). Seriously, this girl would not shut up! Sure, Harry talks a lot throughout movies, but I find it adorable. It's just Eleanor, there's something about her talking through the movie that I found irritating. Maybe it's because I like Harry that I can actually stand him talking a lot.

"Oh my god, and when they kissed!" Eleanor shrieked to Danielle.

Danielle giggled, "I know, right?"

Liam and I glanced at one another and shook our heads. Girls. The couple left, and soon it was just Eleanor and I.

"So, do you need a ride home?" I asked as we walked outside the theatre.

She nodded, "Yeah, if you don't mind."

I shrugged, and we headed to my car. She gave me directions to her flat, and I began to drive. The entire way, she chatted non-stop about the movie, and some singer she loves while I just nodded and hummed as a response every once in a while. Two years working with her and never once had I realized how annoying she is. Yeah, she's pretty. She's smart, and nice, but wow...

"Here you are," I announced, and she grinned.

"Thanks for the ride," She said softly, fluttering her eyelashes before pecking my cheek and hurrying out.

Well. That was strange.

-

When I got home, I simply took a shower and watched the telly with a bowl of chips. I must have dozed off, because I suddenly jolted up with the sound of knocking. I saw the time; 9pm. I threw a blanket around my shoulders and sluggishly walked to the door. The person knocked again, and I groaned, "Coming! M'coming! Calm your tits!"

I opened the door, and immediately gaped as Harry smirked, "Sorry. I don't have 'tit's. But, if I did, I would surely calm them for you."

"Harry!" I cheered, and he threw me into an embrace, wrapping his arms around my neck as mine went around his middle. We hugged it out for a while, I didn't think he'd come by tonight. Butterflies erupted in my stomach, but I ignored them before pulling back.

"Wow, I can't believe I missed you so much!" He grinned as we walked to the couch. He eyed my mess on the couch and turned to me, "Um, someone was having a party while I was away. Why wasn't I invited?"

I winked, chuckling, "Sorry, I knew I missed somebody!"

He blushed and I hurried around, throwing away the trash in the kitchen, and put away the blanket before we sat down. I turned to him and asked, "So, did you have fun?"

He nodded instantly with an amazed look, "It was the best! I got a massage, there was a hot tub, a bar, tennis, rock climbing- oh, the best part, there was a Karaoke Night! I won!"

I grinned, seeing his green eyes glow with excitement. He reminds me of a little kid, though he turned 19. I guess it's just cause he is still a kid in a way, I still consider myself young at heart.

"It sounds like it was fun," I said with a smile.

"Yeah, and Nick took me to this dance class, and then we had a nice dinner on my birthday," He said with a soft smile, making jealousy flood inside me, cause I wish I could do that for him, but of course I couldn't.

I chuckled, "That sounds romantic, I'm glad you're back..."

His head snapped up, and soon a big smile and slight blush tinted his cheeks, which made me feel all tingly inside knowing it was cause of my words. "Me too...it was fun, but I wish you could've come with us."

My eyes widened in shock, not expecting him to say that at all. "Really?"

He nodded with a sincere smile, "Of course, this past month has been amazing."

"I'm glad, because I can truthfully say the same." I smirked, feeling glad that he enjoyed hanging out with me and he rolled his eyes playfully.

"Shut up," He whined, nudging me with his shoulder.

I gasped fakely, "Hey, hey! Hands off the merchandise."

"I didn't use my hand! I used my shoulder," He said in a smart-ass tone, winking at me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

978K 27.1K 34
A story about a 17 year old boy called Louis Tomlinson who lost his parents and suffers from anxiety of loosing people that he grows to like. So he...
172K 5.7K 80
Louis is 20 years old to Harry's 18. Louis mistakenly messages Harry on Instagram, and they quickly form a connection over being complete idiots. • •...
52.1K 2.4K 31
Harry is a 19 year old that spends way too much time indoors, he loves to watch his YouTubers daily, but once he finds through a Draw My Life video t...
87.6K 4.5K 13
Louis is a regular at the small café Coffee Crave, and he starts to take interest in a new customer. It might be the emerald eyes that dart around th...