What I like about you

By HM_author

Danielle Martin isn't a typical girl in high school. She doesn't wear tight clothes or pounds of makeup, she... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
36
37
38
39

35

7.6K 179 23
By HM_author

Blake's POV:

Ryder and Molly finish talking, their argument over with her having the last word.

So much for that huge ego of his.

I hear footsteps getting closer to where I'm still standing. Heavy steps.

Ryder.

He appears from around the corner, eyes focused on the ground.

Once he's less than arms length away from me, I grab him by the collar of his shirt and slam his body onto the wall of lockers. The loud bang echoes throughout the hallway, Ryder heavily breaths. His eyes frantically searching for someone to help him. Fear stricken, he tries to talk but I beat him to it.

"You're going to hurt Danielle?" I spit out.

"No, Blak-"

"You made her believe that you liked her, then you are just gonna break her heart?"

"What are you talking about?!" He squirms under my hold, trying to act innocent.

"I heard you and Molly. That little plan of yours."

"Despite what you might of heard, I'm not gonna do that. Not to Danny." His voice sounds sincere, too sincere.

"You're lying!" I yell close to his face, subconsciously raising my hand.

He flinches, "NO! I'm-I'm Not!!" he tries to cover his face with his hands, stuttering.

"Danielle means so much to me, and if you so much as say one hurtful word to her, I swear..." I grit my teeth.

"And you don't think she means a lot to me? Listen, I'm sorry for everything. I didn't know how amazing she actually was until I started hanging around her more. At first, the idea of breaking her down sounded fun, now, it just...isn't what she deserves." He sighs.

"She deserves so much more than what she has." I let go of his shirt, his body sliding down to the ground.

"She really does. That's why I'm going to break up with her." He says.

My head snaps in his direction, anger filling me again.

"Did anything that we just said even get to that pea sized brain of yours?" I seethe.

"I'm breaking up with her so she can have someone better, someone who actually loves her." He says so sternly.

"And what's with the insults? I don't have a pea sized brain." He feigns being hurt.

"Shut up." I try not to laugh.

"I wouldn't do anything to hurt Danny."

"You better not. You hurt her and that scholarship will be the least of your worries." I growl out, turning around and beginning to walk away with the last word.

"I can tell you love her." Ryder states.

I stop dead in my tracks, my stomach getting those stupid butterflies again.

My mind flashes images of her smile, only a few words roll off my tongue.

"I do."

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Danielle's POV:

"Come on Danny." Blaire whines.

"Yeah Danny, come on." Kyla chimes in.

"What?" I roll my eyes.

"What are you guys talking about?" I sigh, stopping what I'm doing to turn and listen to them.

"Come to lunch with us and Marcus." Kyla smiles, a light pink shade covers her cheeks from just saying his name.

"I don't know..." I lowly say.

I like Marcus, it's just that, where there's Marcus, there's also Blake.

And who knows, he probably has already gotten together with that bitc- I mean, Molly.

I don't think that I would be able to handle being near either of them right now. Especially after yesterday.

Blake and I didn't really leave off on good terms.

"Blake won't be there." Blaire practically read my mind.

I look up at both of them, their eyes pleading.

I sigh out loud, "Fine. But, one of you is buying my lunch."

They both laugh.

"I wasn't kidding." I deadpan.

They both look at each other, mentally debating on who was the lucky person that gets stuck paying for me.

"Not it!" Blaire yells, everyone in the classroom stop what they're doing and look over at us. Her cheeks turn a deep shade of red, embarrassed from her stunt.

"That should be enough to let me win." She sinks deeper into her seat.

"Well, K, looks like you're paying for my lunch." I smile at her.

"Fine. But, you better not order anything too pricey." She huffs out, crossing her arms in disapproval.

We all look at each other, the same action on our minds.

Then, all three of us start to die with laughter.

I start to calm down.

"Why does it feel like I haven't seen ya'll in years?"

"Well, you have been spending most of your time with Ryder lately." Kyla states and I instantly feel bad.

"And he hogs you all to himself. I'm surprised you haven't suffocated yet from all of that cologne he puts on." We all laugh at Blaire's comment.

"Ryder isn't as bad as you think he is, he's sweet. But, he has been acting weird today." I think back to the strange events.

"Like this morning, he picked me up for school and everything was perfect. We had this funny conversation and laughed about it. But, after first period, something was wrong."

"What happened?" Kyla asks.

"I don't know, he wouldn't talk to me about it. He wasn't mad or anything, just...different."

"Hmm..." Blaire pretends to think.

"Maybe it's got to do with your relationship." She suggests.

Could it be because of our relationship?

"No, it couldn't be." I shake my head, trying not to believe that's the reason for his behavior.

"We're fine. We're happy." I try to convince myself more than them.

I stare off into space.

We are great. No fights or arguments so far, nothing to hurt our relationship.

He was fine this morning. What made him so distant all of a sudden? It couldn't have been me...could it?

Before I knew it, third period was over, then fourth, then fifth. And soon, I'll be testing my fate at lunch.

They say he won't be there but, I have this deep gut feeling that what they say might not be the truth.

I walk down the hallway, meeting the eyes of my best friends. Their alone.

Thank goodness.

"Hey."

"Hey." They both respond in unison.

I laugh, looking around and through all the faces in the hall.

"Where's Marcus?"

"Oh, well he's-" Kyla tries to say but Blaire cuts her off.

"He's meeting us there." Blaire sweetly smiles.

"Okay...where is 'there'?"

"That diner down town." Kyla shyly states.

The diner Blake took us to...

"Oh, okay."

We all walk to Blaine's car, driving our way to the old diner down town.

The cute sign brings back memories of the day that we first went.

We get out of the car and I'm the first one to walk in.

The little bell above the glass door rings, the same little old woman appears.

"Hi!" She chirps when she sees me.
"It's so nice to see you again!" She moves towards me, wrapping her arms around my body in a tight hug.

I smile from the warm embrace.

"It's good to see you too." I laugh once she lets go.

"Alright! Girlies, right this way." She directs us to our table.

But, to my dismay, it's not where I'd want to be.

I meet the eyes of the one person that I didn't wish to see.

"We have to talk." Blake quietly asks once he steps in front of me.

Instead of responding, I look Marcus.

"I'm sorry, it was the only way to get you to talk to him." He apologizes.

I look back at Blake and sigh.
"Alright, let's talk."

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

  A/N: New chapter! Hope y'all enjoy!! Thank you for reading and voting!! I think we're almost to the end!! But, don't worry. After this book, I'm thinking about publishing a book that I've been writing since 7th grade😂 so, that'll be great I guess.

Anyway, thank you all for reading!! I should be publishing more chapters this week and the weeks after.

Thank you!!

         Read. Vote. Comment.

~ Hayleigh 💕

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

One Of The Guys By D

Teen Fiction

293K 7.3K 22
Quarterback of the football team, all of her friends on the same team, and a loving family is all Williams could ask for. There's just one thing...
151K 3.2K 24
Dylan Bryan, the new girl but she isn't a normal girly girl. No, she is a football player who isn't afraid to show what she is made of. After becomin...
214K 2.5K 33
Dylan Morris 23 year old who attends the University of Alabama, just got the chance of a lifetime. she was promoted to the captain of the cheerleadin...
4.5M 103K 27
[COMPLETED] WARNING: I wrote this when I was in high school, which was about seven/eight years ago. That reflects so much in the writing of this book...