In between

By metaphor_

A book of poetry about love, hate, and all the things in between. More

No more
If
You
Stayed
To the girl he left
Poetry
Mementos
Yes, she needed you
A Drunken Confession
Paper Planes
Truth
Death
Behind Glassed Bars
Serenade Me To Sleep
Let's Stay Hidden
Tattoed Love
In love with a man
Beauty
Bright Red Wine
Too Fast
What is Love?
New York Dreams
Wishes
Used to
Miss You
Starry night
Sweet Nothings
O
Human Anatomy
Known
Hot & Cold
To The Lost Souls
Me
3:00 AM
The Writer
G
The Saddest Poem I Have Written
Smokes
Mirrors
lost
tulips
Indigo
+1 (778) 000 0000
Tango
tug of war
to you
the little girl

Things I Cannot Understand

23 1 0
By metaphor_

I have always been a big fan of words.
But I couldn't put a name to the nightmare that's been keeping me up all night even with my eyes wide open. Tight-lipped, bloodshot eyes, and thoughts like acid rain, burning at the back of my mind ready to wreak havoc like a hurricane. And there's a monster that haunts me, dressed in red and memories I'd forgotten. She points the gun of violence against my temple as I plead for sanity. Knees bleeding, hands in the air, left vulnerable. The midnight thief strikes again, grabs my happiness by the throat, and watches it struggle to break free like a hungry predator caged, food deprived for years.

I have always been in love with words. But this time i stutter, my lips shiver as the letters vibrate from my voice box. I couldnt label what i feel. It tastes like whiskey, and I was on my way to sobriety. Desperate to get away from the sadness that I was addicted to. My tongue curls at the taste of the burn, but I fell in love with the pain. And the monster right in front of me is a kleptomaniac, robbing me of the right to sleep at night. I've always wanted to grab a scalpel and crack my skull wide open, to look for corpses of who i was and wonder how many versions of myself i have buried underneath the ashes of memories burnt by reality. My world is a snow globe constantly shaken, and there are ice crystals that coats my soul, so I stay paralyzed. I couldn't move.

I hear people say, human beings are dynamic. And the only constant here in this world is change. But I seem stuck solving the rubiks cube called depression and anxiety. Once, I went to my mother opened my mouth but nothing came out. It physically hurts to blurt out a word.

I have always been a fan of words, and sometimes I wish I wasn't. I hide behind metaphors and in ballads to mask the eulogy i have already written and memorized for my death. Turns out the monster dressed in red, was my own thoughts and I was holding the trigger.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.1K 592 19
αžšαžΏαž„αžšαŸ‰αžΆαžœαž”αŸ‚αž”αž˜αž·αž“αž’αž˜αŸ’αž˜αžαžΆαž˜αž½αž™ αž–αžΈαž€αŸ’αž˜αŸαž„αžŠαŸ‚αž›αž‚αŸαžαŸ’αžšαžΌαžœαž‚αŸαž’αŸ’αžœαžΎαž”αžΆαž”αž”αŸ’αžšαŸ‚αž€αŸ’αž›αžΆαž™αž‡αžΆαž’αŸ’αž“αž€αž”αŸ’αžšαž»αžŸαžŠαŸ‚αž›αž˜αžΆαž“αž’αŸ†αžŽαžΆαž…αž€αžΆαž…αž˜αž·αž“αž’αž˜αŸ’αž˜αžαžΆ αžœαžΆαž‡αžΆαž€αžΆαžšαž”αŸ’αžŠαžΌαžšαžœαž·αž‰αŸ’αž‰αžΆαžŽαž˜αž½αž™αž…αžΌαž›αžαŸ’αž›αž½αž“αž˜αž½αž™αž‘αŸ€αž αž αž½αž™αŸŽ αž€αŸαž”αŸ’αžšαŸ‚αžαŸ‚αž‚αŸαžαŸ’αžšαžΌ...
20.3K 240 76
Would it make any difference? If we knew that it was the last time we would see each other again?
19.7K 1K 17
Virat: mahi... Please Mahi: cheeku