[DISCONTINUED] The Soldiers O...

By XGNXLency

The Clone War rages across the galaxy. Separatist droids have Republic forces trapped all throughout the batt... More

Chapter 1 - Ruby Rose
Chapter 2 - Beacon Academy
Chapter 3 - Welcome To Beacon
Chapter 4 - The Beginning
Chapter 5 - Worlds Collide
Chapter 6 - Crash
Chapter 7 - Captured
Chapter 8 - The Start Of A Legacy
Chapter 9 - On The Way
Chapter 10 - Greetings
Chapter 11 - Time To Explain
Chapter 13 - Razor Squad
Chapter 14 - Teams
Chapter 15 - Special Mission
Chapter 16 - Fairy Tales
Chapter 17 - The Battle Begins
Chapter 18 - Revelations
Chapter 19 - Alliance
Chapter 20 - Game Plan
Chapter 21 - End Of The Beginning
Chapter 22 - Destiny
Chapter 23 - The Choice
Chapter 24 - Hope
Chapter 25 - Shadows
Chapter 26 - Search And Rescue
Chapter 27 - Discovery
Chapter 28 - The Promise
Chapter 29 - Danger
Chapter 30 - Destruction
Chapter 31 - Guilt
Chapter 32 - The Hard Choice
Chapter 33 - The Next Step
Chapter 34 - Reunion
Chapter 35 - Closure
Chapter 36 - Pain
Chapter 37 - Courage
Chapter 38 - Visions
Chapter 39 - Recovery
Chapter 40 - Family
Chapter 41 - Raven
Chapter 42 - What Could Have Been
Chapter 43 - Lunatic
Chapter 44 - Tyrian Callows
Chapter 45 - Exposition
Chapter 46 - Ancient Religion
Chapter 47 - Hero
Chapter 48 - Sacrifice
Chapter 49 - Prophet
Chapter 50 - Out Of Time
Questions
Chapter 51 - Genesis
Chapter 52 - Links To The Past
Chapter 53 - Survivors
Chapter 54 - The Journey Begins
Chapter 55 - Sister
Chapter 56 - A Taste Of War
Chapter 57 - Battleground
Chapter 58 - Victory
Chapter 59 - Hanging Onto Hope
Chapter 60 - 66
Chapter 61 - Resurrection
Apologies
I'm Back
I'm Sorry

Chapter 12 - Caught

5.8K 84 29
By XGNXLency

Bold Font - Time/Location

Italic Font - Thoughts

As the elevator doors opened, Weiss and Yang became even more uncomfortable. Weiss' eyes darted around the room, and eventually looked up and down at General Ironwood. Yang simply rocked on her heels whistling an awkward tune. Qrow shoved the body of students forward and they stepped out of the elevator. Ironwood looked at the group with disinterest and Glynda rolled her eyes at the students getting into trouble on their first day. Gizmo walked over to Crane, while the students looked over at Crane and the other two clones in skepticism. Gizmo stood at attention in front of Crane and gave him a proud salute.

Gizmo: "Sir! Reporting for duty."

Crane chuckled at Gizmo's proud attitude even after going through all that he had.

Crane: "At ease Gizmo. I see you brought some...friends?"

Gizmo relaxed his posture and scratched the back of his neck from underneath his helmet.

Gizmo: "Yeeaahh...I guess...."

Glynda: "You have some explaining to do."

Gizmo: "I don't believe I do."

Qrow: "What were you kids doing at the bottom of the elevator?"

The students froze and each of them tried to think of various ways to dodge the question. Ruby decided to be the "bold one" and step forward.

Ruby: "Uuh we, sorta...wanted to know what was going on?"

Yang: "Yeah, the headmaster of Atlas Academy shows up to Beacon and we find this strange dude in the forest? Tell me that isn't just a little peculiar."

Jaune: "She does have a point..."

Ozpin hummed to himself and tried deciding what to do. Since these were the next generation of heroes, it's only fair he tune them in on what is transpiring at their school.

Ozpin: "Very well then. Since you've clearly demonstrated that you intend to find out what you desire, I'll let you in on our little meeting."

Qrow: "I'd hardly call it little, Oz. This is some pretty big stuff..."

Crane: "It doesn't matter. They've already heard most of it."

Weiss and Yang looked at Crane in fear and shock.

Yang: "W-what are you talking about?"

Weiss: "Yeah! W-we didn't do---"

Crane put his arms out in front of him trying to calm the two girls down.

Crane: "Please, please. No need to explain. As Ozpin said, I can understand your curiosity."

Crimson: "But you know what they say about curiosity and the cat..."

Yang and Weiss gulped at Crimson's comment. Crane started walking over to one of the Atlas guards standing by the elevators. The Atlas guards looked at each other in confusion and slight fear, but nevertheless allowed Crane to approach. He put his right hand on the Atlas guard's left shoulder.

Crane: "If you'll turn around for one moment."

The guard looked at Ironwood who simply nodded back.
Atlas guard: "A-alright...."

The guard turned around and there was a small, round, dark gray colored device behind his right shoulder. It was no bigger than a thumbtack, and no one could spot it unless they were looking. Crane pried the device off with two of his fingers, then proceeded to walk toward Yang. He took her hand and placed the device in it, causing a slight blush to emerge on Yang's face.

Crane: "Not a bad move, yellow. Not bad at all."

Crane let go of her hand and walked back toward the center of the room.

Crane: "Shall I continue my story?"

Ironwood: "Please do."

Crane: "Alright then. Before I move on, any unanswered questions?"

Qrow: "For one, you could tell us how you got here. You don't accidentally manage to crash a five thousand ton ship onto some random planet."

Jaune: "Wait...crash?"

Nora: "You have a space ship?!"

Crane: "Yes, and yes. As for crashing here, we were ambushed by Separatist ships in orbit of Dagobah, a planet that I don't think is too far from here. My guess is that Remnant must be somewhere in the Outer Rim of uncharted space. While in the battle, our navicomputer was damaged, causing the hyperspace calculations in the computer to get corrupted, sending us off of our course. We had another ship jump to lightspeed with us, but we haven't seen them since we jumped. You wouldn't happen to have seen another one of our ships crash would you?"

Qrow: "No, but I did see what I think was a shooting star go by the far side of the planet right before you crashed."

Crane: "I see...I'll investigate it later then."

Ironwood: "How many of you crashed here?"

Crane: "Well, our standard crew compliment at the time was approximately sixteen thousand and seven hundred. During the attack we lost about a thousand, and the crash and fires alone killed another seven thousand.. That brings us down to about eight thousand six hundred crew."

Pyrrha: "Oh my Oum..."

Ironwood: "I see...and I'm guessing you have more vehicles than the one I saw outside?"

Crane: "You'd be correct. The ship outside is a Low Altitude Assault Transport infantry variant, or the LAAT/I for short. It's basically just an armed dropship. Our ship can carry about sixty six of the gunships, and fourteen more of a carrier variant for our tanks. However, two of our hangars were destroyed in the crash, leaving about four dropships and twelve gunships. As for our tanks, we're equipped with forty eight All Terrain Tactical Enforcers. They were also stored in hangars, so we're down to about six of them. In the end, we've lost half of our crew and over a two thirds of our armored support. Our communications are also destroyed, so we have no way of contacting the Republic for assistance."

Everyone stood quietly taking in the information they had just been given. Glynda decided to pop the very essential question for their safety.

Glynda: "Were you followed by these Separatists?"

Everyone looked at Crane. Crane sighed and crossed his arms over his chest. He hesitated before answering.

Crane: "Possibly. It's theoretically impossible to track a ship through hyperspace, but it's not impossible to try and calculate a possible route we would have taken. We only travel in a straight line in hyperspace. The Separatists have tons of resources and expendable tools to use to track us down. However with the war going on, I don't think they'll be bothered trying to track us down. They probably think we're dead or worse. Unfortunately, we were on our way to support another Republic attack force when we were ambushed, so it's most likely they think we're dead too."

Ozpin: "We will do whatever we can to assist you."

Crane chuckled slightly, confusing everyone in the room.

Crimson: "What's so funny sir?"

Crane: "It's funny because I had a feeling he'd ask that. You see, I think it's best to decline that offer."

Ozpin: "Might I ask why?"

Crane: "Don't get me wrong, your offer is appreciated. However, you lack the necessary knowledge and skills to assist us in our endeavor. Also, I'd actually appreciate it that no one else know of our arrival here on Remnant. We don't need any trouble or panic over people from another world on a planet that clearly hasn't had anything of the sort before. Now before we go, do you require anything of us?"

Ozpin was slightly surprised, but his expression was quickly replaced by one of approval and understanding.

Ozpin: "Definitely not the response I was expecting from a sixteen year old boy..."

Ozpin: "A very wise decision. Very well then. I wish you and your companions save travels."

Crane: "Thank you sir."

Crane bowed before Ozpin and left the room with the clones following him.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.4K 211 14
An incursion is happening. Two universes are about to collide. The heroes of one universe gather in hopes of coming up with a last-ditch attempt to s...
244K 7.1K 78
During the Clone Wars, Separatist Admiral (Y/n) led his droid's against the Republic and become a big problem for the Republic. The Separatist Honore...
782 13 15
After the Assault on Kamino, Darth Vader is brought to trial for his many crimes. But after a daring escape, the Clone of Blake Belladonna is tasked...
7.9K 149 16
The hybrid Dinocroc is entering an arena of carnage and monstrosity, and it will be the most bloodiest battle ever known.