Finding Me (A Joe Sugg / That...

By KrisAndCourt

A story in which a girl who grew up with nothing meets a boy who has everything. *WARNING: may contain some... More

Authors Note.
Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine: x
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
NOT AN UPDATE // A.N
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four: X
Chapter Thirty - Five
Chapter Thirty - Six
Chapter Thirty - Seven
Chapter Thirty - Eight
Chapter Thirty - Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty - One (part 1)
Chapter Forty - One (part 2)
Q & Slay
Update!

Chapter Thirty-Two

7.4K 178 54
By KrisAndCourt

I received letters and donations everyday from people all over the world. The furthest place a package came from was from Australia. I was overwhelmed with all the support our story had received from the media. I had several news stations from London, even American stations, asking for Layla and I to do interviews with them. Everybody stood up for us and wanted us to stay together despite never knowing us.

"More mail for you," Joe said carrying in a box of what I assumed to be letters.

"Thank you servant," I said fanning myself. After today's radiation treatment Joe had promised to take me out on a fancy date. Even though we were still not together, but I appreciated the gesture. He sat down next to me on the couch and pulled me into a hug. Nothing could be better than times like these when nothing in the world mattered except spending as much time as I could with the people I loved.

"You wish I was your servant," he laughed into my hair.

"No, I really don't," I said in response to him. I looked behind me to see his facial expression change from a playful one to a very serious one.

"Why not?"

"Because you're too special to be a servant... On the other hand you could be my-" I winked at him trying to finish my sentence, but Caspar walked in.

"I thought you guys were broken up, this is such a weird situation," he said putting a hand to his head. Ever since he found out Joe and I were "separated" he's been giving me the silent treatment. I knew that Caspar and Joe were close, but I never realized that they were this close. Caspar loved Joe unconditionally and I knew that anything that happened between Joe and I also had to go through Caspar.

"It's complicated Cas..." Joe spoke up. His tone was friendly, but I knew there was a secret message in his voice.

"Just get back together, you guys are never truly going to break up. It's ridiculous that you guys even broke up," he said shrugging his shoulders. For some reason he got really defensive and hostile towards me.

"It's difficult Caspar," I said noticing that with every word he moved closer towards us.

"How is it difficult? Joe brought you here. He was the one that fell in love with you and now you live with us. I wish I was in the same position as you were Marilyn. You get everything you ever wanted and you're still ungrateful," he said turning his back to us. My eyes widened. I could not believe that he actually called me ungrateful. I stood up from the couch and pulled on his shoulder as he tried to walk away.

"Don't you dare call me ungrateful. You don't know anything about me and about my life. I don't get everything I ever want, it falls into place. It's not my fault. Do you think I want to have cancer? Do you think I want to go to the hospital every day except the weekends? Do you think I want to leave the people I love?" I said, but by the time it was the end of my speech I was yelling at him. Tears welled up in both of our eyes, but for him it was weird to see. Why was he crying?

"You're a bitch," he said and walked away. I stood there shocked and looked at Joe who was also shocked.

"Maybe him and Layla are having issues?" Joe asked standing up and walking beside me. I shrugged and followed Caspar to his room.

"Cas?" I said opening his door. He was alone sitting on his bed with his head in his hands and he was sobbing a little bit. I went inside his room and shut the door. "I'm sorry..."

"No," he replied looking up at me. His eyes were bloodshot and he looked absolutely terrible. I walked up to his bed and I sat down next to him. We never made eye contact, but I knew what he was trying to say.

"Caspar, what is wrong? What did I do wrong to you?" I asked looking at him. He never changed his glance, but he started talking:

"You and Joe are the perfect couple you know? It makes me mad how you constantly dump him and get back together with him. This isn't a game to either of us. You act like a couple, so stay as one." I was shocked at what he said, but then I realized that it was the truth. How could I be so stupid?

"I'm sorry.." I said closing my eyes and leaning my head on his shoulder.

"Did I ever tell you about Gaby?" He asked. I shook my head and he drew a deep breath. "She was the love of my life. Absolutely. I loved her and the time we spent together. She was my girlfriend for awhile, but then I started to travel more because of YouTube... Since it's my job, I can't really turn it down. But all my traveling got in the way of our relationship and we called it off. I miss her every single day, even now... But now I have Layla. I'm scared the same thing will happen though. That she will have to move back to America and I would never see her again, but after that creepy dude was on the television, I realized I wouldn't have to worry. Things are going to be different with Layla, I'm going to make things work because she is so important to me. The way I am with your sister is the way Joe is with you. He honestly loves you to pieces and sometimes I don't think you notice it. It's not a game Mary, he is so in love with you, I don't think he could live without you. You're blind to him Mary, I just don't understand- and you have it so easy... You can travel with him and spend time with him everywhere he goes..." Some of the sentences were run ons, and the others were filled with stifled sobs. I kneed on the ground in front of him and put my hands on each side of his face.

"I love Joe. I love Layla. I love you," I said smiling at him. He cracked a smile and nodded in agreement. This whole situation was blown out of proportion and it was my fault. "I love you Caspar Lee and I love what you've done for Joe and I. If there was ever any hesitation about whether I recognized you- you're wrong. I've always seen what you have done for us and I've never been more grateful. I couldn't have asked for a better roommate." He pulled me into a hug and soon the door opened.

"Am I late?" Joe asked. I pulled out from the hug and included him in.

"You are my family now and I need you guys. Families don't leave each other behind... Ohana?" I asked quoting my favorite Disney movie- Lilo and Stitch.

"Ohana," they said together. After a second hug, I realized that even though my mother died and that I've been having the worst luck, my family never really did change. It was just a shame that my mom never met Joe, but at the same time I was thankful that she met Caspar. Our families would have grown together and we would've had so many memories, it was just time that got cut short.

"Marilyn- I don't mean to offend- but how did your mother die?" Caspar asked breaking the silence. To be honest, I didn't know. Mr. Fry never told me how my mother died, or even where for that matter. It was rude to say she just died and not tell me how, but I guess it was nice of him to start a petition for Layla.

"I don't know," I replied breaking away from the boys and standing up.

"Marilyn-"

"I have to find out," I said in a monotone manner. Did I even want to find out? Death was death no matter how it happens. Thankfully Mr. Fry left me the name of the hospital my mom was admitted to before she died, so I decided to give them a quick call.

"Hi my name is Marilyn Stewart," I said over the phone. The lady on the other end practically fangirled and told me I was such an inspiration to her. I don't even know what I did to deserve this. "I just need to know what happened to my mother." I said after a long period of her talking about her boyfriend and how they saw me on television and how lucky I was to have people looking out for me... Which I do, and I definitely will not forget those people.

"Your mother was sent in room 468 at eleven-twenty in the morning and was pronounced dead at eleven forty-seven am. This is very unfortunate..." She said and trailed off calling a bunch of receptionists around her. They all seemed to gossip and I asked what happened. "It seems like she died of a broken heart, quite literally. Her heart just stopped working for some reason. There were no side effects, in fact she came here only to get some blood work done- you see she was worried about some type of gene... Maybe it's the one you carry, oh! it would only make sense! And when the nurse came back to the room she was limp in the bed."

"So that's what it was. Her heart just stopped pumping?" I asked into the phone. My hand went up to my chest and I clutched the area where my heart was.

"I'm afraid so. There's no other reason we see besides this. I'm sorry," she said. I hung up the phone upset. Why was my life so hard?

"Honey?" Joe called out, I turned around and saw him all dressed up in a nice suit.

"Why are you so dressed up?" I asked looking at him with hurt in my eyes.

"Our date tonight, remember? What's wrong babe? You okay?" He asked coming towards me and pulling me into a hug.

"I just got word on how my mom died," I said into his chest. He hugged me tighter and rubbed my back.

"I'm so sorry."

"She would've liked you Joe. I think she would have loved you actually... You might have reminded her of my dad- free spirited, handsome, and absolutely as sweet as an angel," I said looking up at him with passion in my eyes. I loved him and I absolutely loved everything we shared. He is so handsome and everything I could ever want. I would never be tired of his laugh or the way he looks when he films something eye-opening. The way he smiled at me when I told him that I loved him, or the way the light hit him just right made me quiver with anticipation because he was all I need- and all I will ever need.

"You're making yourself feel bad Mary, please don't worry... I'll be here to make sure everything is alright. Now go get ready for our date and dress nice because I'm wearing a suit," he laughed and kissed my forehead.

"And you look sexy as hell," I replied winking at him. He slapped my butt as I walked away and said: "there will be plenty more of that if you keep acting this way missy." I went into our bedroom and got changed into a tight fitting dress with a cute cardigan over it. I put on some chunky heels and did my hair as fast as I could. Within a few minutes I was done and Joe was waiting for me down the stairs.

"Ready!" I yelled grabbing my purse and heading downstairs to meet him.

"Are Caspar and Layla coming?" He asked, but was instantly hushed by putting a hand to his mouth.

"Why would Cas and Layla be coming on our date? Is it a double date?" I groaned out and we exited the apartment.

"Not exactly... Well sort of I guess," he said grabbing my hand and opening the car door for me. What a gentleman! Again, once we left the stereo blasted One Direction, I honestly couldn't get enough of them.

We were going to a part of London that I have never been before. It was absolutely glamorous. There was lots of people parking, although I don't know why... Once we got situated in a parking spot, equipped with a meter which we fed ten dollars into, we got out. I noticed there was other people dressed up as fancy as we were, but there was not a fancy restaurant or place to go around these parts. Especially around this parking spot.

"We have to walk a way. Come," he said grabbing my hand. He clicked the car shut and we walked for what seemed to be miles. My feet were aching and I wished at this moment that Joe would've told me we would've been walking, so I wouldn't have worn these heels, but I dealt with the pain because I knew it was going to be worth it in the end.

"Joe this is taking forever," I complained stopping to return the blood flow to my feet.

"I'm sorry, this is special," he said," do you want me to give you a piggyback ride?" I instantly smiled and jumped on his back. He smiled as well and gave a little "unf" as I jumped on to him.

"We are going to be there soon, I promise."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

54.1K 896 19
A-R imagines that I have written. All imagines are between you and Joe. All imagines will not have another part to them. No smut. (Sorry, I cring...
52.3K 815 35
A girl meets the bestfriend of her brother and falls inlove, what will they go through?
37.7K 1.2K 30
the one in which they find each other unexpectedly without even looking for one another. SERENDIPITY JOE SUGG SOCIAL MEDIA/IRL [COMPLETED] © ange...
65.9K 1.5K 40
|| in which joe is friends with a girl named hayley, but fate runs it's course to a much more complicated storyline || × completed × no trigger warn...