HIS BEAUTIFUL SECRET (complet...

By BellaVanice

***COMPLETED*** Sky's home life was a little piece of hell on earth. She often had to fight past the pain, bu... More

CHAPTER 1 - THE JOCK HAS A HEART
Chapter 2 - I AM SO CONFUSED
Chapter 3 - THE PERFECT DAY
CHAPTER 4 - THERE IS NO GOING BACK NOW!
Chapter 5 - TENDER, LOVING, CARE
CHAPTER 6 - THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING!
CHAPTER 7 - HEROES REALLY DO EXIST
CHAPTER 8 - IT'S GONNA BE A LONG NIGHT!
CHAPTER 9 - HOLD ME TIGHT
CHAPTER 10 - THE DARK DAYS
CHAPTER 11 - LOVE IS THE BEST MEDICINE
CHAPTER 12 - TWO CAN PLAY AT THAT GAME
CHAPTER 13 - SPILLING MY GUTS
CHAPTER 14 - WHY CAN'T WE BE LIKE THAT?
CHAPTER 15 - CROSSING THE LINE
CHAPTER 16 - LETTING ME IN
CHAPTER 17 - MIND BLOWN
CHAPTER 18 - FINDING PEACE
CHAPTER 19 - THE MONSTER RETURNS
CHAPTER 20 - THE FINAL STRAW
CHAPTER 21 - THE MYSTERY NOTE
CHAPTER 22 - WHAT A MOM SHOULD BE
CHAPTER 24 - THE PERFECT GENTLEMEN
CHAPTER 25 - SO MANY MILESTONES
CHAPTER 26 - IT'S FINALLY OVER
CHAPTER 27 - HOPELESS ROMANTIC
CHAPTER 28 - WHAT IF IM NOT ENOUGH?
CHAPTER 29 - THE LAST HOORAH!
CHAPTER 30 - BACK TO WHERE IT ALL BEGAN
EPILOGUE
JUST A FEW CLOSING THOUGHTS!

CHAPTER 23 - THE TRUTH SHALL SET YOU FREE

4.3K 197 40
By BellaVanice

I wasn't the only one staring in anticipation, as I looked to my side, Jenny and Tag were doing the exact same thing. We shot each other questioning glances hoping one of us might actually know what the heck is going on. It only took a second to figure out that we were all equally confused.

A disturbing silence had fallen over the entire room. You could hear a single a sigh in a room packed full of people. It was clear to everyone, that whatever Jake was about to say was important and we were all dying to find out what it was.

Jake took a moment to survey the room and when he was done his eyes returned to mine where they stayed for the duration of his speech. The intensity in his eyes made the peach fuzz on my neck stand on end. Clearing his throat, he began.

"What I would like to offer you tonight is a confession and an apology. I have kept a low profile for a while and many of you have wondered and inquired about what has been going on. Tonight, I am happy to tell you that I have been spending time with the most amazing person I have ever known. She has accepted me, unconditionally, even when I couldn't do the same for her. I have been waiting a long time to say these words out loud, in front of anyone who will listen. I am madly, deeply, insanely in love with Skylar Rain Jones. Sky, I am sorry it took me so long but I am ready now, no more secrets. And to whoever our new Prom Queen will be, I am sure that you are lovely but the only girl I will be dancing with tonight is my girl."

Every word he spoke seemed to be in slow motion, it was if every cell in my body had frozen in place. I was trying to process the words I had just heard but my brain couldn't catch up.

Jenny intertwined her arms in mine and I was glad that she did because without her support I would probably have been passed out on the floor in the middle of prom like an absolute idiot. I would have forever been known as the girl that passed out because the Prom King told her he loved her. That sounded about right, my luck being what it is. 

Even while all of this played out in my mind my eyes stayed locked on Jake's, they never wavered. I could see the panic beginning to form on his face, he couldn't read me and I didn't blame him, I could not read myself.

The constant gasps broke me out of my trance and it was then that I realized that an entire room full of judgmental teenagers were staring directly at me. They were staring me up and down, asking without saying a word, how he could possibly be interested in me.

I shot a frantic look to Jenny, the tears were beginning to wail up and I knew that soon the dam would break. It was all too much for me to handle, the confession, the critical eyes fixed on me. I turned around and began to run toward the door.

Just before I reached it, I felt Jake grab my arm and pull me back. Turning around, I found myself face to face with the man who had just professed his love for me in front of the entire school.

I was hyper-aware of the stares that never relented but I could not tear my eyes away from his. Searching them, I was desperately hoping to make sense of what just happened.

I pulled my arm away, "Let me go, Jake, I have to get out of here."

"Why," he asked, his voice starting to break.

"Let's see, you just told the entire world that you love me. Literally everyone is staring at me and I don't know what to do with any of this. I need to think, " I attempted to explain.

His resolve was just as strong as when he was on stage a few moments before.

"What these people think does not matter, you taught me that. And as far as what I said, you have been wanting for me to say that forever and I have been waiting to say it. Please don't leave, stay with me."

"Why Jake, so they can stare at like I am some sort of circus freak?" 

I saw the glint in Jake's eye and couldn't hold back my smile when he said, "Then let's give them a show."

He grabbed my hand and dragged me out on the dance floor.  I was still frozen with fear. I had never liked being the center of attention and I was suddenly in a situation where I could not escape it.

Jake put his arms around my waist and pulled me into him. When I was close enough, he pulled my arms around his neck and rested his forehead against mine, staring into my eyes.

"You are killing me in that dress, you know that right? When I saw you, I think my heart literally stopped. Damn Sky, I can't take my eyes of you." 

I gave him an appreciative smile. I was right, he most definitely approved. What we heard next was Calum Scott's, 'You Are The Reason' exploding over the speakers. The intensity of the song brought us back to the heaviness of the moment and everything that had just occurred.

With glares still bearing down on me, I let my head rest on Jake's shoulder, snuggling my face into his neck.  He pulled me in tighter, resting his head on mine. We swayed back and forth and I quickly realized it wasn't a moment for words.

There was absolute magic in the air that night and my heart felt like it just might burst out of my chest and splatter all over the dance floor. About halfway through the song, everyone else began dancing too, returning to some sense of normalcy.

I was certain they were still talking amongst themselves, but at least they weren't being obvious about it. Just before the song ended, Jake dipped me just like they did in old movies sending my heart racing.

When he pulled me back up, he gave me a kiss that made the drunken butterflies in my belly dance. The entire room began to clap and I began to blush.

"You are so beautiful, " he whispered.

He grabbed my hand to lead me off of the dance floor but when he heard another slow song start to play, he pulled me back. He didn't have to convince me that time, I went willingly.

Round two was just as amazing as the first time and when it was over, we finally left the dance floor to look for a quiet place to talk. We quickly discovered that there isn't exactly a lot of quiet places that exist when one is at prom, so we headed to his truck.

Once we were safe inside, just the two of us, Jake turned the radio on and I was glad. It broke the tension a bit, helping me to relax. It had been so long since I had been alone with him and everything that had just happened had my head spinning.

Away from the chaos, I could finally think clearly for a moment. It took me a moment but I finally got the courage up to ask the question on my mind.

"Jake, what about your parents?" 

He situated his body so he was facing me, looking me in my eyes.

"I told them too."  He let out a long sigh and then told me a story that broke my heart.

"They reminded me that we have been working on this plan since I was a little boy and that I was throwing it all away. They said they wouldn't stand for it and if I was going to ruin my life, I could do it without them." The concern was wailing up inside of me, what had this declaration of love truly cost him?

"What does that mean exactly?" I asked, desperate to know. I am not sure what I was expecting him to say but what came next wasn't it.

"It means that they are giving me the weekend to pack up and move out and I will not receive my graduation gift," he explained. He had never mentioned a graduation gift and even though it may not have been any of my business, I had to ask anyway.

"What graduation gift?"

"I have told you before that my parents are very well off. They have been saving for my college and my graduation gift since I was born. We had an agreement, if I attended an Ivy League school, I would get $500,000 when I started and $500,000 when I finished, a million in total," he explained as if it were normal conversation.

I tried to wrap my brain around what he had just said. Who in the world gets a million dollars for attending the college of their parents choice? They must have had more money than sense. Before I could even finish mulling that over, the other part of dilemma flooded my mind.

"Jake, where are you going to live?"  His response took me by complete surprise.

"Since you broke things off with me, I have been getting to know my biological father pretty well. I found out that he played ball in college, and told him about everything going on with me. I called him after my parents kicked me out and he told me not to worry about it, he would just give me part of my trust fund early. It is nowhere near what my parents would have given me but more than enough to get by. He also rented me an Air BNB on the island for the rest of the summer until I leave for UGA." That was a lot to take in but the last part stood out the loudest.

"Wait, Jake, you accepted the scholarship to UGA?" I asked with frantic anticipation.

I saw that gorgeous, crooked smile of his and then he replied, "Day before yesterday, I told my parents that night."

The joy I felt for him was overwhelming. He went after his dream and he was making it come true, regardless of the cost. I literally jumped on him, hugging him and telling him how happy I was for him.

"You have been busy since we broke up," I said stating the obvious.

"A little," he jokingly responded.

"You gave up a million dollars." 

"I did." 

I looked at him in amazement and couldn't help but shout, "You are absolutely insane!"

He just laughed and pulled me into him. He kissed me so sweetly and softly that he seemed to be scared of breaking me. The distance between us had changed things, I hoped for the better.

"You are not going to break me, Sir!" I exclaimed.

"Well in that case," he replied and pulled me in for another kiss. 

This one was different, it was unfiltered passion. The weeks of separation had left a hole and he seemed to be trying to fill it with a single kiss. It was overwhelming, I could feel my temperature rising with each passing second. My skin was blazing hot with excitement. Just when I thought I couldn't take it any longer, he pulled away, leaving me breathless.

"Stay with me tonight?" he asked in a desperate voice.

I shot him a curious look and he continued, "I will be a perfect gentleman, I swear, but I have not felt your skin against mine in weeks and I need it, I need you."

******

A/N

I hope you guys enjoyed it and please remember to vote it you did.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5M 131K 52
"Do I seem like an idiot to you princess?" he sassed taking another agonizingly slow step towards me. "N-no." I stuttered out a blabbering mess, unab...
7.9K 447 16
Baby I'm so sorry I can't explain why I did this. Shut up. I gave you everything. There was no need for this and yet you treated me like this. You kn...
90.3K 697 6
So forbidden it's borderline illegal. It feels illegal in a town like this. It was just sex. Ridiculous, I hate you sex with the one guy in school I...
13.4K 1.4K 40
Have you ever encountered mad love? No, not the kind with butterflies in your belly and a sweet thrill, or even the relationship between two loving h...