The Retired Queenpin

Af GoddessofJustice

Aaliyah Daniels is a former Drug Lord, assassin, and wife. She lives a secluded life with her two children Ki... Mere

Introduction
Chapter 1 (3rd person POV)
Chapter 2 (Aaliyah's POV)
Chapter 3 (Damien's POV)
Chapter 4 (3rd person POV)
Chapter 5 (Aaliyah's POV)
Chapter 6 (Damien's POV)
Chapter 7 (Omniscent POV)
Chapter 8 (Aaliyah's POV)
Chapter 9 (Omniscent POV)
Chapter 10 (Omniscient POV)
Chapter 11 (Aaliyah's POV)
Chapter 12 (Damiens POV)
Chapter 13 (Omniscient POV)
Chapter 14 (Omniscient POV)
Chapter 15 (Damien POV)
Chapter 16 (Aaliyah's POV)
Chapter 17 (Damien's POV)
Chapter 18 (Omniscent POV)
Chapter 19 (Damien's POV)
Chapter 20 (Aaliyah's POV)
Chapter 21 (Damiens POV)
Chapter 22 (Unknown POV)
Chapter 24 (Omniscient POV)
Chapter 25 (Damien's POV)
Chapter 26 (Aaliyah's POV)
Authors Note
Chapter 27 (Damien's POV)
Chapter 28 (Omniscient POV)
Chapter 29 (Aaliyah's POV)
Chapter 30 (Omniscient POV)
Chapter 31 (Aaliyah's POV)
Chapter 32 (Damien's POV)
A/N
Chapter 33 (Damien's POV)
Chapter 34 (Aaliyah's POV)
Chapter 35 (Omniscient POV)
A/N
Chapter 36 (Niko's POV)
Chapter 37 (Damien's POV)
Chapter 38 (Aaliyah's POV)
New Book (SNEAK PEAK)
Chapter 39 (Damien's POV)
Chapter 40 (Niko's Letter to Aaliyah)
A/N (updated 2.27.2020)
Chapter 41 (Aaliyah's POV)
Chapter 42 (Omniscient POV)
Chapter 43 (Omniscient POV)
A/N
Chapter 44 (Damien's POV)
Chapter 45: Omniscient POV
Chapter 46: Omniscient POV
A/N
Chapter 47: Damien's POV
Chapter 48 (Aaliyah's POV)
A/N
Chapter 49: (Damien's POV)
Chapter 50: (Omniscient POV)
Chapter 51: (Omniscient POV)
Chapter 52: Omniscient POV
A/N:
Chapter 53: Epilogue:
New Story!

Chapter 23 (Aaliyah's POV)

3.9K 176 17
Af GoddessofJustice

I forgot how exhausting carrying another being inside you can be.

"Micio, what are you doing?" Damien walked up behind me.

"Fixing a sandwich. I'm hungry." I shrugged.

"I could've gotten it for you."

"But you were sleeping and I didn't want to wake you."

"And? You aren't supposed to over exert yourself."

"Lover, I'm only two months and when the doctor said take it easy, I'm pretty sure he didn't mean bedrest the entire pregnancy. And I can make my own sandwich!"

"Clearly not. What the hell is that, Micio?" He frowned.

"It's a pickle almond butter sandwich." I shrugged taking a bite as I turned facing him.

"Pickles and almond butter? I don't think those go together, baby."

"Says you." I rolled my eyes.

"Don't roll your eyes at me." He smacked my ass.

"Ow! You dick!"

"Your ass is getting fatter and your hips are starting to spread." He licked his lips as his eyes darkened with lust.

"Pregnancy side effects." I winked.

"Why are you so okay with this?" He asked.

"Being pregnant?"

"Yes."

"I don't know. But being upset about it wouldn't change it. I guess I'm okay with it because you're the father of my child and I love you. I've been bitter and angry pretty much all of my life. I don't want to be Bitter Angry Aaliyah anymore. She old news. I want to be happy, carefree, and a mom that my kids can brag about. I want to take everyday one step at a time. I'm happier that way. I'm happier with you."

"I love you, Micio." He kissed my forehead.

"I love you too." I smiled

"Now come back to bed." He grabbed my free hand leading me back up the stairs.

"But I wanna finish my sandwich!!" I whined.

"Finish it in bed."

Being house bound was strange, I've always had a full day ahead of me, but now I've resulted in a simple stay at home mom. In which, I'm not sure if I'll like it. Don't get me wrong I love my children and I love spending time with them, I'm just not used to being a stay at home mom. And I know for a fact now that I'm pregnant that I can eighty six doing anything for my entire pregnancy.

"Mom!!!!!" Isa yelled.

"Yes, Isa."

"Kitai won't share the game!" She whined.

"Ty!"

"Yes mam." He ran into the kitchen.

"Why won't you share?"

"Cause she doesn't know how to play."

"Well she can't learn to play if you never share. So, give her the controller."

"Maaaaannnnnn.." he dragged.

"Man, my ass, give her the controller, Kitai. Or else there won't be a game to play period."

"Yes mam." He passed the controller to Isabella and she smiled running off to the game room.

I finished making lunch and went up to the game room to watch the twins play the game.

Damien would be home soon. He only went to the office to make a brief appearance before next week.

Now that I pretty much had nothing to do with my days I need to find a hobby or something to occupy my time while the twins are in class.

Modeling is now an option since I obviously won't be assassinating anyone anytime soon. There's also the option of picking up Athletic training for a foreign team but I don't think I favor either idea much.

"I'm home." Damien shouted from downstairs.

"Game room." I yelled back.

"Come sta la mi piccola famiglia?" He waltzed in with a lazy smile as his eyes landed of me.

"What?" I asked. I spoke French not Italian.

"I said how's my little family.." he leaned in and kissed my forehead.

"We're good. How was your day at the office?" I asked

"It was hectic. There's no order, no organization. I was pissed."

"Well I know you'll get things back on track." I grabbed his tie pulling him down to my lips for a kiss.

He hummed in approval as we kissed. We pulled apart and he sat down beside me.

"My Aunt is coming over. She wants to meet you and the twins. Then we can do a little sight seeing then we can find a nice restaurant to eat at. Sound good?"

"Sounds Great. Kids?"

"Yeah!" The shouted.

"Y'all don't even know what he said." I scoffed.

"He said something about eating so that's all we need to know." Isa shrugged.

I chuckled. These con-babies were definitely my children.

————————————————————-

"Aaliyah, this is my Aunt Marcella. Aunt Marcella, this is my girlfriend, Aaliyah."

"Nice to meet you." I held my hand out for her to shake. She pushed my hand out of the way and pulled me into a hug.

"In this family we hug." She chuckled.

"Ohh.." I wrapped my arms around her and hugged her back rather awkwardly.

"Zia Marcella, you're smothering her."

"Boy please." She let me go and rolled her eyes at him.  "So, how long have you known my nephew?"

"11 months."

"Hmmm, not very long. He talks as if you guys have been together for years."

I blush at that. "Me and Damien have quite a bit in common. I guess that's why we click so well."

"You have children?"

"Yes mam by my first husband."

"So, you were married before?"

"Yes."

"Well what happened?"

"He was a liar and a cheat." I shrugged.

"Oh. A dick." She stated.

I was baffled by her choice of words. "Umm yeah I guess that's one way to put it."

"Zia, leave her be. Can we leave now?"

"Oh shut up. And yes we can."

"Munchkins, come on!" I yelled up the staircase.

"Coming!!!" They yelled back.

They ran down the stairs and came to stand next to me.

"Munchkins, this is Miss.Marcella, Damien's Aunt. Miss.Marcella this is Isabella and Kitai."

"Hi, Cuties!" She smiled at them.

"Hi" They said shyly.

"How are you?" She asked.

"Good."

"Well that's good to hear. There's no need to be shy, I'm going to be around all the time to keep you and your mom company while Damien is working."

They nodded as the clammed into my legs trying to hide.

"Their shy little cuties."

"Trust me they aren't usually." I rolled my eyes.

In which they weren't. Isabella and Kitai were usually outgoing children. They were friendly, a little too friendly for my liking but because of that it was easy for them to make friends.

The first place we went to was Mercato Nuovo, it's a marketplace. I bought the twins and I matching outfits to wear. I didn't know where we were wearing them to but I'd figure out something.

The next place was the Palazzo Pitti. I rather enjoyed that one because it's a 15th century palace. That palace was the long time residence of Florence's Rulers until 1919.

I always had a thing for history. I enjoyed history a lot, not sure why, but history always captivated me.

We were now walking around the Boboli Gardens.

"The garden was created by the Medici Family." Marcella said.

It was beautiful. We walked past statues and fountains and as you can imagine plants.

"Mom, who it this?" Isabella asked pointing to the statue while pulling on my dress.

"I have no clue, honey bun. Ask Arden or Marcella."

"Mr.A, who is this?" She pointed at the statue again.

"That's Braccio Di Bartolo."

"Who was he?" Kitai asked.

"He was the court dwarf ."

"Oh."

The more we walked the more my feet began to ache but I didn't say anything because I was enjoying this outing very much. Family exploring and learning history together. It was so innocent and so sweet. This was the life I wanted for my children, innocent and sweet, with caring and loving parents. I sighed.

I found a bench and sat. Marcella, Damien, and my babies continued to walk and conversate. I kept my eye on them as I rested my feet so I wouldn't loose them.

Damien turned looking for me and when he realized I wasn't with them his body went ridged and his eyes scanned the crowd until they finally landed on me. I could see the relief wash over his handsome features as his body relaxed and he walked over to me.

"Micio." He sat beside me.

"My feet needed a break." I shrugged.

"We can go home if you'd like." He suggested.

"No. I'm having a good time and so are the munchkins. I'm fine. I just need a few minutes to rest my feet. Some of the pregnancy symptoms are starting a little early."

"I'll sit with you then." He grabbed my hand and kissed my knuckles. I grinned like a little kid who'd just gotten my Christmas gift.

I forgot that being in love could be so beautiful and so fulfilling. I forgot that being pregnant could be too. Even though my symptoms were kicking in quicker than they should I was still happy to be carrying Damien's child. This man had shown me love when I believed it didn't exist and I will forever be grateful for him. He pulled me from the deepest depths of despair and I'm thankful for that. I'm thankful for him.

I sat and just stared at him.

"Why are you staring, amore?"

"Because you're beautiful, Arden. Inside and out. And I love you with the very depths of my soul." I grabbed his chin making him face me and I planted a tender kiss on his lips.

"I guess this is a perfect time to ask then." He smiled.

"Ask what?" I furrowed my brow.

He stood taking a velvet box out of his slacks and got down on one knee.

There's no fucking way.

"Micio, will you marry me?"

"Arden....." I whispered. I was shocked.

"Aaliyah, I've wanted you to be my wife since I laid eyes on you. At first it was because I knew having you on my arm would be beneficial for business but now I'm completely and utter in love with you and everything about you. I want you to be Mrs. Damien Arden. I want you to be mine for the rest of our lives. I promise to honor every single vow. I promise to honor our lover and your beautiful heart. Will you marry me?"

"Yes, Arden!" I lurched from my seat on the bench into his arms.

He chuckled as we landed on the ground. "I was afraid you would say no."

"Why would I said no?" I drew my head back to look at him.

"Because of everything you've been through with Niko."

"You're not Niko, Damien. So, I can't base what my relationship or marriage will be with you based off of my relationship with him. I wouldn't do that. That wouldn't be fair to you. But yes I'll marry you." I kissed his lips as people clapped and cheered us on.

When I finally pulled away and we stood, he placed the beautifully cut opal ring on my finger.

Italy maybe a good thing for us.

Fortsæt med at læse

You'll Also Like

Dance for you Af Jaycee

Generel Fiktion

167K 7.1K 22
Loni is a 21 year old stripper trying to take care of her twin daughters after being cheated in and left to raise them on her own. She barely has tim...
7.8K 179 42
When a guy is forced into finding the next heir to his mafia by his dad, he impregnates a random girl he met at a club The girl looses everyone when...
1.5K 140 63
Abandoned by her mother and boyfriend of four years, Nicole gets a new job to start her independent life. Her life becomes even more difficult when h...
126K 4K 47
{Absolutely mesmerizing} {Cassius and Aiden come up beside me and watches her the same way I do; like she's the beginning and the end, the sun and th...