Kane

By Just_Josie

*Not Edited, Will Edit when finished writing* HIGHEST RANKING: #1 in AlphaFemale #1 in BodyPositivity #5 i... More

Copyright
Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Covers
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty- Two
Chapter Thirty- Three
Chapter Thirty- Four
Chapter Thirty- Five
Chapter Thirty- Six
Chapter Thirty- Seven
Chapter Thirty- Eight
Chapter Forty
A/N
A/N
Chapter Forty- One
Chapter Forty- Two
Chapter Forty- Three
Chapter Forty- Four
Chapter Forty- Five
Chapter Forty- Six
Chapter Forty- Seven
Chapter Forty- Eight

Chapter Thirty- Nine

4.2K 139 72
By Just_Josie

Unedited

Lina

I awaken before he does and for good reason too, I really needed to pee and I was hungry as hell. Slowly extracting his brawny arm from around my waist, I almost laugh at the small frown that crosses his face before he snuggles into the pillow my head just occupied. Heading into the bathroom, I quickly do my business and wash my hands.

After brushing my teeth, I move back into the room eyeing Kane's sleeping form as he continues to sleep on his stomach. I let my gaze run over the hard planes, lines and curves of his muscled back. Heading over to his side of the bed, I bend down towards his face soothing a hand against his rough cheek covered in stubble. Running my hand down further, I move in closer and press gentle kisses against the length of his tattooed sleeve running up his arm.

He moans softly, making the corner of my lips tip up in a grin. "Come back to bed" he grumbles peeking up at me through one amber ringed eye. Laughing I press a kiss against his pouted lips, another chuckle escaping me as he follows me up, his lips moving in to deepen the kiss. "Soon. I'm starving", I manage to get out as he holds my face hostage.

Pressing one last peck against his soft lips I pull back to stand. He moves to sit up on the bed behind me, his muscled body making my eyes linger on him for a little bit longer. Standing to his full height, he stretches his long muscled limbs before snatching a hair tie from the bedside table and tying his shoulder length hair into a messy man bun.

"How's my baby?" I smile, really hard at his words a feeling of excitement and warmth overflowing within. "He or she is really hungry so you better feed me" he grins smoothing a big hand against my bulge of a stomach. Bending down slightly, I climb onto his back with a loud laugh. He carries me that way, on his back all the way downstairs and into the open kitchen, placing me softly onto a stool at the breakfast bench he moves behind the counter to start on breakfast.

"So what's on the agenda today?" I ask him, as he passes me a tall glass of orange juice, I continue to watch him as he drinks the rest from the bottle before binning it. "Well, after breakfast I thought we'd go see Phillip today and get you checked out, with me present this time" he says eyeing me slightly from over the oven he's currently turning on. I nod, taking a large gulp of my juice and then only noticing that he wasn't with me yesterday when Phillip had given me the news.

"Then I have to head out for the day to attend some enforcer training and a pack meeting later on" I feel my mouth water at the sight of bacon he's currently lining up on a baking tray, he shoves the tray into the oven before straightening. "I have Iris and the girls coming by after breakfast to spend the day with you", I finally come out of my hungry stupor and face him with a raised brow.

He chuckles and leans against the counter across from me, "Yes I called them to keep you company and yes I did it partly to keep you safe" I eye him, hard. Letting him know to tread carefully, I mean yes okay I wasn't too mad with him for telling me the truth but I was a grown ass woman and maybe just maybe I was still mad at him for keeping secrets yesterday. Tilting my head to the side, a thought suddenly pops into my mind.

"Safe? So something did happen yesterday then?" He continues to cook what looks like an omelette in a skillet pan. I can see him hesitate and without feeling guilty at all I probe at his mind wanting to high five myself as images flash through his mind so quick but not quick enough for me to know that if he wasn't willing to tell me, then Vince will.

"Something happen? Yes, it did" he states sliding my omelette onto a plate before bending down to pull out the bacon. Placing a few slices on the same plate he looks over at me. "Do I want to ruin breakfast? No, I don't" I wait for him to continue, but he starts on his breakfast. "So your plan is to just keep me in the dark and hash it out until it's safe?" I question needing to understand his mindset because right now it wasn't making any sense.

He pauses his actions of making himself an omelette and turns to look at me. I hold his gaze, letting him see how I really feel about how he's choosing to handle this. "Did it ever occur to you that maybe, just maybe we'd be safer if we knew what threat we were up against?" He grips the ends of the counter, leaning on his arms as he gazes at the melting butter in the pan.

"I can't. And I won't." I sit back, feeling some of my appetite disappear. "I won't have you stressing yourself out for nothing, I'm handling it." I pull back with a brow raised at his words, hurt anguish and love all but assulting my insides. In a sense I could understand where he was coming from, as an Alpha it was his job to lead, to protect. But at the same time I couldn't help but be hurt from what he was saying, I mean we were a team? Me and Him, it's what comes with being mates, with being married.

Pushing my chair back with a loud squeak, I stand. "When you asked me to accept you as my mate Kane, when you asked me to marry you- From then on, I gave you everything. My heart, my love and my trust freely. Youv'e returned two of those in earnest, as for the last one?" I move around the counter facing his back as he continues to stare at the pan. "When you're ready to trust me you let me know. Thanks for breakfast" I slide a palm up his naked back, almost smiling at the goosebumps that appear on his back at my touch. Feeling some of the anger slip out of me, I press a gentle kiss against the bottom of his shoulder blade.

If I were being honest here, yes I may be a little hurt at how he was isolating me away from Our problems because whatever may be hurting him is also what will be hurting me. But that could never take away any of the love I have for this man, I was done with the running. I also knew he loved me just as fiercely and loyally, but the Alpha in him tends to get the better of his decisions in situations like this, that I had to understand. He turns, his amber ringed eyes are somewhat blazing. Without a word he grips my hips and lifts, sitting me on the counter sliding his big body into the space between my legs.

I see the muscle in his jaw tick as he places his fists at my sides. "You're right. And I'm-"I hold up a finger against his lips pausing him from finishing that sentence. "Stop, I'm sorry. I ruined breakfast and I understand where you're coming from. However, I still think you need to reconsider your decision about keeping me out and away from whatever is going on in here" I finish, tapping the corner of his head lightly. He nods, turning his head to press a kiss against my palm as it slides down to his chest.

"I know. Just promise me, you won't question me when it comes to keeping you and our baby safe" I hold his eyes nodding, not mentioning the fact that, that also applies to him tenfold. "Right now, there's a lot of unanswered questions. But lately, we've had rogues enter our lands without no one scenting them at all" My brows crinkle in concentration, I've heard about rogues. They're wolves that either chose or got evicted from a pack. "Scenting?" He rubs a thumb against the exposed skin on my thigh, "Not one of my enforcers that were standing guard or patrolling picked up any foreign or misplaced scents."

"Okay, so they used something to hide their scents?" He nods, pausing I watch him watch me. His eyes darkening slightly, "You remember the day you were taken from me? With your brother?" I wrap my arms around his neck, hoping to soothe him somewhat. I nod waiting for him to continue. His hands grip my waist as he exhales deeply, "I wouldn't have gotten the tip if someone hadn't left me a note" A note? My brows crinkle in confusion, I actually hadn't even asked Kane how he had known we were taken. I automatically assumed it was from the last phone call I had made to Mac.

"Wait, you didn't mention a note? I assumed you had word from Mac about the phone call?" He runs his thumb against the crease in between my brows. "At the time, no. I received a letter first, way before any of this took place. Mac received the call but through voicemail, by the time he had realized what the voice message was we were already on the way over to you." I nod, waiting for him to continue.

"But before any of this, I received a letter from your-" he pauses seeing my face, "Vane." I face him with a look, "Okay, hang on. So what exactly did this letter say and why am I only finding out about this now?" He rubs a hand behind his neck nervously, and I have to bite my tongue from lashing out at him. I really hoped he had a good explanation for this one.

~*~

Kane

Well fuck, I should've just told her the truth from the beginning. Slamming my head against a brick wall mentally, I tug her body closer towards me hoping our closeness will lessen the building heat I see in her beautiful eyes. And it's not the type of heat I was wanting.

"Vane had sent me a letter, stating he was going to take you." She drops her arms from around my neck and I grip the indents at her waist. "So you knew?" I wince at the accusation, because truthfully I sort of did. "Yes and No. Yes, I was warned that he was coming but not once would I have let him take you away from me voluntarily." I pause not wanting to bring up the fact that she had left the estate that day.

She sighs softly, laying her forehead against my chest. "Lo siento mi mundo. I've managed to mess up once again" I realise then she had read my thoughts anyway. Gently, I pull her face out of my chest and grip her chin. "I could care less baby. All that matters to me is that you're here with me, safe and in one piece. The both of you." I sweep my thumb against the dimple against her cheek as she manages a small smile.

I dip my head down closer, pressing my lips against her own. A smirk tipping the corner of my lips as she softens against me. Pulling back I peck her lips once more, addicted to her damn taste. "So this note you received?" I thumb her lower lip, a tingly warm feeling slowly working it's way through me. "We were talking about a note?" She grins, wrapping her thighs around my waist and pulling. I growl down at her playfully, her sexy laugh penetrates the empty kitchen and I find myself wanting her then and there.

"Baby! Focus!" I run my eyes up her bare tanned legs, her thick thighs with my promise land in between tucked away underneath one of my plain black t-shirts she's wearing. The fact that my baby is hidden under that same shirt just makes her even more desirable. "I'm trying, but your making it so fucking hard Lina, I swear to the moon" I grumble lowly.

Unhooking her legs from around my waist I lean my arms against the counter, needing the space to keep my thought process. "I didn't receive it first hand like the other two" she lays her hands against her lap loosely, listening intently. "This note was pierced up against a tree. It was found by one of the guards I had patrolling yesterday"

Her eyes light up in recognition, "That's why you left the infirmary early and also why you were worried" I narrow my eyes at her in confusion, a dimple peeks on her right cheek as she shrugs. "Your mind opened to me yesterday, I felt everything you felt in that moment."

I feel like an even bigger asshole for thinking I could have kept this from her. Her words from yesterday finally making me realise just how much I had fucked up. We were a team now, me and her. She was my equal, my wife, my mate. I needed to realise that to our Pack I was the Alpha but to Lina, I was her equal, her partner.

Regardless if I wanted to keep her safe from shit like this, she would always be there beside me to fight the battle, never behind me. Hell, she's been fighting like an Alpha Female should since we first imprinted. Swallowing my pride, I grip her hands with my own, tilting her chin up towards me with a finger. "I've managed to fuck up once again huh?"

She raises a brow, a small smirk tipping the corners of her sensual mouth. "They say the first year of marriage is always the hardest" I chuckle lowly, sliding an arm around her waist, my palm going straight to her ass cheek. Lifting her unexpectedly, she yelps gripping the back of my neck as I haul her up and into my arms.

"Oh I definitely have something hard baby, and it's about to make it up to you" I growl, walking around the kitchen island. She throws her head back with a laugh, tightening her short legs around my waist. Starting out of the kitchen she yells for me to stop, "Wait!"

I pause against the breakfast stools, eyeing her as she bends down towards her untouched plate. She picks the whole plate up before hitching herself comfortably in my grip. "Okay, lets go see this hard thing you have for me." She says with a wink and this time it's my turn to throw my head back and laugh.

~*~

Lina

After show and tell with my husband, we were walking hand in hand to the infirmary for a check up. No matter how many times I had insisted that I wasn't able to get an ultra sound done until another 3-4 weeks Kane still wanted to hear for himself that me and our child were safe. Phillip greeted us as soon as we walked in and I knew Kane had mind linked him on our way here.

"Alpha. Luna. This way please" I smile at Phillip in greeting as he ushers us into a room. Taking a seat, I wait for Kane to slide in next to me. Phillip takes a seat behind his desk and pulls open a small folder, no doubt with my information in it. Turning to Kane he nods, "I'd like to Congratulate you first Alpha on conceiving your first heir" Kane grins, his smile melting my heart.

"Thank you Phillip, I'm disappointed I had to leave early yesterday but my wife managed to deliver the good news." I smile, turning back towards Doc, "He wants to hear for himself that me and my little peanut are safe" Phillip chuckles, "She's currently two weeks pregnant. Her blood pressure and iron levels are fine, I won't be able to do an ultra sound at this exact moment however because as the Luna has stated your pup is still the size of a peanut."

Kane nods, his shoulders somewhat slumped in defeat. Doc continues on, "When she's reached four weeks then you both can come back and I'll preform the first ultrasound" Kane nods, his lips tipping up in a smile. I interlace our fingers, placing a kiss across his knuckles, "Not too long to go Papi, we got another two weeks left." It really does amaze me how emotional he is over our first child.

I don't mean that he shouldn't be this emotional at all, it's just most men generally aren't so forward or willing to show emotion with how they react to certain aspects of pregnancy. Kane on the other hand, he's so invested it shows clearly just how excited he is for our little one. I loved it, it gave me a sense of contentment to know that he was going to be an amazing father.

He smirks at my use of the word 'daddy'. "Yeah, not long at all baby" turning towards Doc he nods, thanking Phillip for his time and making sure to have us booked in for my first ultrasound. Once we're done, Kane leads me out the door with a hand at the small of my back. We walk back to the pack house, since it wasn't too far from the infirmary.

The Alpha house was just up ahead, but Kane had insisted we head to the pack house instead. Once upon arrival, we are immediately greeted by various pack members, no children in sight. Making me realise they're all at school, I catch sight of Kade sitting in the living room with a few other boys. They all pause, bowing respectfully as Kade stands coming fourth with a big grin. Kane drops his arm from around my waist as Kade wraps his arms around me and lifts me off the ground.

I laugh, my eyes widening at the unexpected movement. I see Kane smile before growling at Kade to be gentle, with a roll of his eyes Kade places me down with a soft plop. "Chill man, she good" Kane gives him a look before asking, "Where's Knox?"

Kade points a finger in the air indicating he's upstairs, with a nod of his head Kane grips my hand and leads me towards the large staircase to the second floor. "Ten minutes Kade" not waiting for a reply Kane starts up the stairs, heading down a large hallway, he opens the double doors at the end opening to a large room that has been situated into an office.

Knox and my brother are both sitting in the large leather seats, a few papers scattered across the coffee table in front of them. They look up as we enter both grinning, I see my brothers eyes mist up and I feel my own eyes follow suit. He hugs me tightly, whispering in my ear quietly "Ma would be so proud hermana, so fucking proud." I don't even hold it in, I start to cry uncontrollably.

He rocks me in his arms softly, soothing me. The pain of knowing my child won't ever have any of her abulita's or an abuelo really hit me all at once. The fact that Kane had lost both of his parents and I had lost my mother just cemented the fact that our child will grow up without feeling or witnessing any small amount of what a grandparents love is.

"Lo siento mija, I didn't mean to make you cry" I nod into his chest not able to speak, hiccups leaving me instead. I move out of his arms and look for Kane, I find him right behind me a pained look on his face. He scoops me up into his arms, kissing the side of my face in earnest, "I know baby, I know."

I grip his neck and try to control my sobs. "Our baby won't see them physically but he or she will know everything about them Lina. They'll know that both of our parents would have loved them, spoiled them rotten" I sigh, the tears calming some. "I'll do everything that I can to help them know and remember what they're grandparents are like so they don't ever have to feel left out about not having them here physically because they're here with us in spirit, always mami." I lift my head off and out of his neck, gripping his neck I pull him down towards me.

Connecting our lips, I kiss him deeply, my heart completely enamoured with this man and his being, his soul. I suck his top lip into my mouth, my lower region constricting as he gently pulls on my bottom lip with his blunt teeth. I hiccup mid way through our kiss with a laugh just as someone clears their throat behind us. He swipes at a stray tear at my eye as I gaze up at him, "Te amo mi mundo" he smirks, "I love you too, my life."

~*~

Kane

I was pissed when Vince made her cry, she did not need that after the morning we had, had. But in a sense I'm glad it happened here, I'm glad Vince had broken that topic because I certainly had no idea how I would have been able to cope if it were just the both of us talking about it. If I'm being truthful I really didn't have the heart to start that conversation with her, so I'm glad her brother took one for me.  Like don't get me wrong I meant every word I said to her, but I felt like she needed her brother as well in support of her loosing her mother.

She's now fast asleep in my arms as the rest of us sit around the coffee table. I had called Iris and told her that her and the girls weren't needed for today, I had already planned to spend the whole day with my babies and she needed to know what was going on with everything else in regards to our packs safety and well-being, I'd just have to fill her in later.

The door opens as Kade enters the room, he holds the door as Mac and a few of the enforcers enter the office. They all stand against the closed double doors bowing in respect, Mac drops down in a one seater across from me. I eye him, "What took you so long?" He shrugs, "Had to see my dad off" I raise a brow, before facing everyone in the room. "Listen I called this meeting because we had another encounter with a rogue on our lands" I pause looking at the enforcers.

"Now the first time, I can let that slide. The second time and we have two rogues enter our lands without not one of you or your subordinates picking anything up" without moving Lina in my lap, I pick the dagger that was left by the rogues and throw it down on the table in front of me landing against the letter that was also left behind. "They managed to get in, had time to make those who were patrolling run in circles while they pinned a note against a tree using this dagger" Mac nods as one of my superior enforcers steps forward to grab the note and dagger, they inspect it before passing it on to the next person.

"I have a suspected lead on who could be sending these rogues. My main issue is why and how your subordinates keep letting them through. I'll have Mac and Knox attend training tomorrow, I want you five to not alert any of them" I eye them down, letting them know I wanted to get to the bottom of this ASAP.

"If this is a dead end then we have a bigger problem on my hands. Until then I'm not going to alert the pack, for now I want this to stay here. If word leaves this room, consequences are sure to be dealt out personally" my hand absently rubs over the swell of my wife's hip as she snores lightly in my lap. "They've gotten to close to home this time and I mean it when I say I'd raise hell if anything happens to my family" I see Mac crack his neck, loosening his shoulders as the superiors glimpse his way.

Knox nods and they bow respectfully before departing the room. Kade is the first to speak, "So what now?" Knox moves to the dry bar in the corner, pouring three glasses of whiskey, no doubt Jameson. "We go through with the questioning. Kane goes through with the call to Vane. If he's crossed out of the picture then we need to alert the pack and regroup" I nod, my eyes glued to Lina's face.

"Where'd you disappear off to?" Vince questions. Mac clears his throat before answering, "Had to help out The Gregory's" my eyes leave Lina's sleeping face as I look up at him. He gives a subtle shrug, letting me know not now, I nod glad that he wasn't ignoring the connection he felt towards Sue and her husband Aaron.

"So where'd uncle Kiah go?" Kade asks from his seat next to Vince. Mac accepts the drink handed to him from Knox with a nod in thanks, "Said something about handling business out South" Knox leans against the door with a foot crossed over the other, "Again?" Mac nods taking a large gulp of the amber liquid.

Turning to Vince I find him staring into his glass quietly. "Tomorrow I'm gonna make that call, it's up to you if you wanna be present or not. As you guys can all guess I couldn't keep shit from her" I say with a sigh as everyone looks at me with a roll of their eyes. "We tried to tell you" Knox says with a laugh before drinking from his glass.

"In the meantime I want you guys aside from Kade" I say eyeing him as he raises a brow at me, "To do regular checks with everyday patrols. If there's some sort of rat within our enforcers we need to pluck em now and dispose of them" pausing I stand lifting my wife into my arms. "If things turn in the opposite direction, then we're gonna figure this shit out together before preparing for war." No one says a word, but I know they were all thinking the same thing, these men would lay down their own lives before letting anything happen to Lina and our unborn child.

"Until then, be safe my brothers." With that I exit the room and take short route home to the Alpha house.

~*~*~*~

And we're moving people, so so sorry for the latest update in months! It took me a while on how to get all the main aspects into this chapter. I hope the extra long chapter makes up for the long wait!

Please read carefully cause it's not unedited I just finished writing this chapter and wanted to post it straight away for you guys so proceed with caution!

Also I'm thinking of posting a teaser for Mac's book? We'll see.

Happy reading, stay safe and stay blessed!

Xx

Josie.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

470K 10.3K 57
A girl who is terrified of the creatures who made themselves known and a possessive Alpha who has waited all his life for his mate.
10.2M 326K 49
BOOK 1 OF THE GIFT CHRONICLES ••• When the Moon Goddess created the first werewolves, she split one soul between the two of them, thus creating a per...
14.4K 608 49
Hannah Jefferson, the daughter of the Alpha of the silver pack, feels unfulfilled in her life. She yearns to meet her mate, hoping this will allow he...
2.5M 58.1K 26
Previously Known as Rejected Female Alpha returns with A new Mate and A Stronger Pack Fatso... Ugly... Disgrace... Loner... Pathetic... Freak... Weir...