A Romance Sort of Thing

By Timmarica

COMPLETED- Lillith, a twenty-two-year-old bartender, gets taken into a whole new world by an order from King... More

Authors Note
Prologue
Chapter 1: Just a Bartender
Chapter 2: Nishiba
Chapter 3: Who Made The Order
Chapter 5: Reality
Chapter 6: Connection
Chapter 7: Horses and Kings
Chapter 8: Self-doubt
Chapter 9: Electric Dance
Chapter 10: Love and a Message
Chapter 11: A Protector
Chapter 12: The Moon Pulls The Tides
Chapter 13: Koi
Chapter 14: Love Sick
Chapter 15: Royalty Games
Chapter 16: A Heart Made of Glass
Chapter 17: Two Princesses
Chapter 18: Catch Me If You Can
Chapter 19: A Missing Princess
Chapter 20: Hail the Queen
Chapter 21: Ally or Trader?
Chapter 22: Unknown Agenda
Chapter 23: The Past
Chapter 24: A Dangerous Path
Chapter 25: A Dark Love
Chapter 26: Beyond Power
Chapter 27: Ruins of Magic
Chapter 28: Lost
Chapter 29: Bleeding Heart
Chapter 30: Witches of Nishiba
Epilogue
Final Authors Note

Chapter 4: A Dream

247 6 0
By Timmarica

"The Darkmoon Pack is full of fearless werewolves, and their intentions are mostly evil..." Zayden paused until he knew I was calm again. "Nishiba has three groups united. Two werewolf packs and one witch coven. Your mother was a half-breed. She was a daughter to the Queen of the witch coven, the strongest witch in the world, but she had an intimate relationship with a werewolf from one of the werewolves in our packs. He was from the second most powerful family in our society," he paused, looking at me warily.

"So does that mean I am evil? A-am I a witch or werewolf?" I stumbled over my words, feeling shocked and in disbelief.

How can any of this be true? These are fairy tales. I kept taking deep breathes to remain calm, so I could listen without making assumptions. My father did write about all this as if it were real, was he crazy? Or was I just in denial?

"You are a legend. Something that has never occurred in the world before now. You are both werewolf and witch. You are both evil and good. The combination made between your parents and the fact that your mother did a ritual for you, allowed you to possess beyond imaginable powers. You can either save the world or destroy it. Not even the Darkmoon Queen would go against you once you know how to control your magic. That is why we must keep you safe because she will come and try to kill you before you realize how much power you have."

"Why? What is the difference between me being alive or dead?" I began fiddling my thumbs from nervousness.

"The Darkmoon Pack is set on removing any good in this world. They also do not want us having more than them, and you are very powerful. If you were to marry someone from our community, your children will also be powerful, and it will continue to make generations of power and our community will be undefeatable. Your mother wanted this, and she wanted you to be safe."

Zayden looked uncomfortable. Watching me closely. If I had so much power, why couldn't I stop my parents from dying when I was fourteen?

"Another reason Queen Amelia wants you dead is that she was hurt by her husband's betrayal..." he trailed off and looked at me intensely. "she murdered your mother and sworn she would find you and kill you too."

I felt angry. How could someone be so revengeful? I also felt scared. If this were true, then being kidnapped wasn't what I had to worry about, it would be Queen Amelia. Yet I cannot even decide what to believe in.

"What happened to my father?" I asked with a hint of sadness in my voice. I don't even know the guy, but I was curious.

"Nobody knows. After your mother was murdered by the Queen, he took you and disappeared. He wrote to my father about your whereabouts and since then my father has had people looking after you discreetly. No one has ever seen or heard from your father since." Zayden glanced down at the ground, sighing before looking back at me.

"So..." I paused. Hesitant to ask the question that has been nagging at me since I woke up here in the castle the first day. "Why did you kidnap me? Instead of trying to talk about it with me first?"

Zayden looked at me with sad eyes. He looked extremely uncomfortable as his hands fidgeted.

"I'm sorry Lillith. I know that was the wrong way to go about everything but I was under orders to do so."

"Under orders?" I stared at him in denial. "Under orders by who?"

"The King. My father."

"Oh."

"I tried to get him to go about another way but he wouldn't listen. I cannot disobey my fa-king" I noticed he quickly changed the word he was about to say. I had a feeling his father was more of a King to him then a father.

"You promise you were just following orders?"

"Lillith. I promise." He looked me in the eye as he said the words, giving me a small smile.

"Okay. So, how did my adopted parents know about all this?" I asked, trying to get anything suspicious out of the way.

"I can only presume they were close to your father. I didn't know those people, they were humans, but I think your adoptive father was a distant relative to your real father. I never could figure out that connection though," Zayden rubbed the back of his neck as he was thinking.

"Anyways, I think that's enough for one night, it is a lot to process," he said sincerely. "Here is the field we will be here daily for training," he gestured at a clearing surrounded by trees. We were right outside the castle walls.

"Okay, and what about food? I also need food for Aaylah, my cat." I said worriedly as I came to realize I had daily needs. He gave a smug smile and looked at me weird.

"I will have food ordered to your room in the morning, it will be your alarm clock as well and will come by an hour after. I will make sure to send Aaylah some food too," he said with slight humor in his voice. He was amused at my thoughts. I still couldn't get myself to feel safe enough to joke around though.

"Thank you for telling about everything." I wasn't sure I was actually thankful because I still was in disbelief and suspicious.

"I will be able to prove it soon, Princess Lillith," he said nonchalantly. My cheeks heated up instantly, the gestured made me blush because it felt so surreal and dumb to think I was a princess. There was a strange look in Zayden's eyes, but I couldn't tell what it was.

"Let's go, you can have the day to yourself and I will send some informative books over for you to read over," Zayden gestured back towards the castle.

"Books about what?" I asked warily.

"About witches, werewolves, and Nishiba, it will help you learn and understand, and eventually when you're ready to believe, then you will already know most things," he gave me a small smile.

The rest of the walk back was quiet and awkward, or maybe I just felt awkward. We finally arrived at my room, and Zayden opened the door for me.

"I will have someone sent up with food for you and Aaylah, I will have them send up the books at the same time so you're not disturbed too much," Zayden said kindly.

I nodded and walked past him into the door, but he caught my hand in his, causing me to turn around to face him. The gesture startled me slightly, and I felt panicked as blood pounded in my ears and my vision turned red slightly from fear.

"Relax, I just want to wish you a good day, Princess Lillith," he smiled smugly as he bent down and kissed the top of my hand.

His warm lips sending felt so soft and warm, causing me to panic and I quickly pulled back. My hand tingled slightly at where his lips were once placed. He looked concerned and slightly hurt at my reaction.

"I-I apologize, I just want to be alone right now," I stuttered, embarrassed and frightened.

"Okay, I will see you tomorrow," he smiled faintly and turned around to leave.

I closed the door after he was gone, and leaned my back against it. What was going on? Why did I feel an attraction towards these two men? I need to get out of here. Aaylah interrupted my thoughts as she rubbed against my legs purring.

"Hey girl," I said softly as a bent down and picked her up. I carried her to the bed and laid down, petting her. "Is this a dream Aaylah? I sure hope so..." I trailed off. Her vibrant blue eyes stared off into who knows what, it was like she could see things I couldn't.

A knock at the door eventually snapped me out of my internal thoughts. I got up and opened the door to find a petite woman standing there with her hands full, she had blonde curly hair and a smile with a bunch of crooked teeth. She had a mole on her upper lip and above her eyebrow. She wasn't attractive, but she wasn't ugly either.

"Here's some food for you, your cat, and I brought some books," she gestured to some containers and a bag of cat food.

"Thank you, I appreciate it," I said shakily as I took the food and books from her.

"You're welcome, and I will come back later tonight to give you some dinner as well, so don't worry about being hungry," she smiled before she took off down the hall. I closed the door and set the food on the desk with the books.

"Well Aaylah, I guess we eat then study. Hopefully, I fall asleep and wake up at home," I said as I looked out the window. Debating a possible escape but it would be impossible, I was too high up and too many people were walking below. I sighed, frustrated, laying back on the bed and closing my eyes. I want this to be over.

*Hello audience! Hope everyone is enjoying the book so far, please comment so I can make changes and make the book better.

*Do you think Lillith will begin believing soon?

*Do you think Lillith will try to run away eventually?

Thank you, everyone, for reading!

xoxo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

506K 15.6K 72
Kelsie Waters owns and runs a successful catering business. From the time she was an adult she put her all into this business. Kelsie has had her st...
34.9K 2.6K 34
2023 December Book of the Month @CupidOnTour @WattpadSeries General Fiction Feature JUNE 2023 @HistoricalFiction 'Rise of Civilization' Reading List...
32.9K 2K 108
A cold-hearted, introverted girl. She always wore a hoodie, sat in a corner of the class, shut herself from others. She wasn't interested in gettin...
3.9K 633 21
In every werewolves life they wait for their eighteenth birthday with zeal. That is because they get their mates. I was one of those people waiting f...