My Girl (Jonathan Toews)

By Pentaholic2011

Sometimes things don't work out the way they were supposed to be. Just ask Alexis Martin, a 24 year old girl... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
Epilogue

8

3.3K 44 2
By Pentaholic2011

Jonathan

"How do I look" I ask Kimberly as I hold my arms out. I had her come to my room to help me get ready for my date with Alexis tonight, but it turns out she's kinda like my wing man.

"You look good! You're just missing one thing" she claims and I look at her weird.

"And what would that be" I question.

"Sparkles" she says making my eyes go big.

"No no, I think were fine with the sparkles. But there is one more thing I need for tonight" I say as I sit next to her on my bed.

"What's that" she asks.

"Your approval to date your sister" I say.

She taps her little chin just two times before giving me her answer.

"Please marry my sister" she says and I couldn't help but laugh. According to her we should be married with kids already, so I'm not sure where I thought this conversation was going to go anyways. But it felt like the right thing to do.

"We're gonna date first" I say and she sighs.

"Fine. But I need you to promise me that you'll marry her eventually" she insists.

"I promise" I say.

"No. This is a pinky promise" she says as she holds out her pinky.

I wasn't sure about doing this because I know it's seems just like a silly pinky promise, but to her it wasn't. To her this was binding and if I agree to it that means I'm going to do it. I didn't want to just do it because she said to, I wanted to do it because I meant it. And I did.

I wrap my pinky finger around her tiny one and she looks up into my eyes.

"I pinky promise I will one day marry your sister" I say and she smiles. "But you can't tell her. It's a surprise" I insist as she nods along.

Eventually the sun starts to set and it was time to go out. I leave my room and I take Kim down the hall to the nice ladies apartment who will be watching her while we were out. She's watched some of the other kids in the organization before and she's the only person I trusted around here.

I walk back to my place to pick up my date and find her in the bathroom. I walk in to retrieve her but stop in the doorway to admire her for a second.

It was no secret that she was a beautiful woman. She had the figure of a figure skater and long blonde hair that framed her face perfectly. Those bright blue eyes could make the strongest man fall to his knees and her smile could outshine the sun on any given day.

But she doesn't smile all that much, so worried about her past and her mistakes that aren't really her fault catching up with her. All she wants is to make her sister happy and she's doing that, but she's losing herself in the process. All I want is for her to find herself again and see that she is more than enough for her sister and she doesn't even have to try.

"Alexis" I say softly so I don't scare her and she turns around. She smiles as she looks me over and I feel my heart start to bang against my chest like a gorilla trying to get out of its cage.

"Yeah" she answers and I start to chuckle.

"I honestly forgot what I was about to say" I blush and she giggles. I swear to you I have never, and I mean never, felt like this around a girl. And I might be the one that's helping her but she's the one that makes me so nervous.

"Was it something about it being time to go" she questions and I nod.

"That's exactly it actually" I insist.

"Alrighty then. I'm ready" she assures me as she joins me in the hallway. She grabs my hand and looks up into my eyes nearly making me melt into a puddle at her feet. It kind of sucks that both her and her sister both have these snowy wintery eyes because they're both going to be the death of me.

I squeeze her hand tight to tell her what I can't with my words before lacing her fingers through mine. I pull her into my side and for the first time I see a real smile, and man, was it something.

We head over to the Willis Tower and go all the way up to the sky deck floor. I got us a table over looking the city by the floor to ceiling windows and luckily for me she wasn't afraid of heights. So we sit down and order some food and wine and just enjoy this beautiful city.

"So how have your first few games as an ice girl been" I ask her.

"They've been pretty good. No ones given me too hard a time and it's easy to be distracted by 22,000 people just trying to enjoy a hockey game. I made a friend and it's not as bad as I thought it would be, though I would still like to be in more clothing" she claims.

"Well I think you look amazing out there" I admit.

"Well thank you" she smiles.

"Do you think you'll be ice skating any time soon" I wonder and she lets out a sigh.

"I don't know. The more I'm out there the more I miss it. I know that figure skating literally ruined my life, but only because I let it. And just because the sport hates me doesn't mean that I hate it. I miss it so much sometimes that I dream about being able to compete again. It's weird to be out there with thousands of fans and all I'm doing is picking up ice. It feels... weird" she admits.

"It feels wrong" I correct and she stops.

"Yeah" she agrees.

"I know what's it's like to give your everything to something and it all the sudden mean nothing to you. When I found out about the lockout I felt a pain that I'd never known before. The same thing I trained my whole life for was suddenly gone and I was left alone without a rhyme or reason" I explain.

"How did you find your way back" she wonders.

"I found you" I say and she smiles. "You're every bit of the inspiration I need to know that there is pure in the sports world. And I hate that you're so hard on yourself for what happened to you. Your parents are just using you as a excuse to not have to be responsible anymore and your injury is a excuse to shelter yourself from being hurt again by being back out there. But I can see who you are, you're a great girl who has potential to be amazing, to be incredible for not just your sister but so many other girls like her. And I'm not going to give up on you, ever" I say.

I see a tear in her eyes as she lets out a long sigh. I know it's been so rough for her but it doesn't have to be like that anymore.

"For years I prayed that I would have just one thing that would change my life. I didn't care what it was, good or bad, but I needed something to help me see that this world is going to be whatever I make it out to be. I wanted the power to change my life somehow, someway.

That night when that guy was about to hurt me so I could save my sister, I thought that was the moment that was going to break me. I thought that was what was going to be the defining moment that finally showed me what life was really about. I figured that it can't get much worse than that.

Then you came along and you were the one that changed me. You were what I was praying for all along, and the moment I was just about to lose hope in this life I had you saved me. And now I'm here with you and I just... I don't understand how my life can do a whole 180 in just a month" she claims.

"I've seen crazier things happen" I admit.

"Me too. But this is the first time something good is coming of it" she claims.

"And what's that" I wonder.

"Us" she smiles and I smile back. She defiantly had a way with words, I can say that much.

After dinner we finish our glasses of wine and go into the viewing area. She steps out into the glass and looks around.

"What a wonderful life this can be" she says and I smile. I wrap my arm around her waist as I stand behind her. She leans into me letting me know she's comfortable in my arms and I made sure she knew that I was never going to let her go.

"I've been pretty lucky so far. Seems like the only thing I've been missing from this life is someone to share my dreams with. And luckily for me I found two awesome girls to do it with" I say and she smiles up at me.

I see her eyes quickly glance down to my lips and back up to my eyes. I pull her in closer as her face ends up right in front of mine. With her free hand she softly caresses my cheek as my forehead rests on hers. I could feel her breath on my lips as her long eye lashes graze my face. Finally I muster up enough courage to put my lips on hers as she cups my cheek. She pulls me closer as she arches her back and I try my best to keep a hold of her.

We slowly break apart as I try to slow down my fast beating heart. I could basically hear it in my head beating as fast as a drum line in a band. Her lips pull into a small smile as I return her to a upright position.

"Well... that was... great" I stutter and she giggles.

"That it was" she admits.

"I think this is all going to work out" I admit.

"Pinky promise" she asks as she holds up her pinky and I smile.

"Pinky promise."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

44.6K 632 33
Elizabeth didn't think much of the date. One night right? How many more blind dates was she going to be set up on by her bestfriend? But one date lea...
97.2K 1.6K 49
Jonathan Toews is looking for another cup. There is nothing that will break his focus from raising the thirty five pound hunk of metal over his head...
313K 4.3K 56
"I wouldn't do that if I were you", I hear Shawzy say as I'm about to turn the corner. I stop before I walk into the conversation. "And why is that...
63.4K 875 58
Jonathan Toews has always known what he was going to do. He was going to be one of the best hockey players in the world and no one would stop him. By...