Ryan

By KatGee

When Ryan is assigned a male dorm by accident, she has no choice but to put up with infuriating(ly hot) colle... More

Prologue/Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Reading List Announcement

Chapter 11

231K 6.6K 1.5K
By KatGee

Ryan
• • •

"I think I'm still drunk from Saturday night. That party was ridiculous. I'm so bummed you didn't get to come." Kelis pouts her bright pink lips at me as we make our way toward the Caf.

Apparently she tried calling me repeatedly Saturday night after the suite crisis was averted to go to a frat party. I didn't even think to check my phone when I got home; I completely forgot it was on silent thanks to that surprise kiss from Nixon I received. My face heats up just thinking about it.

He hasn't said a word to me since and now it's Monday. He dropped me off at the dorms and immediately left. He came back to our room last night but he didn't even look at me. He also hasn't given me my undergarments back so neither have I. Today I wore high-waisted shorts and my tank top that has a built-in bra, which I had to wash just so I could wear it again. I also washed my only pair of underwear because those jeans I wore when I went out with Seth were not comfortable with no underwear, never again.

"Well I'm glad I didn't go, my assignment took forever to finish and I wouldn't have completed it if I went, plus I'm done with drinking so much I black out." The lie slips out of my mouth so easily it almost scares me.

I am not a good liar, I've never been. It shouldn't be that easy to lie to someone I consider my best friend. I told her I was in the library all night with my phone off so I had no distractions. Thankfully she believed me and hadn't been by the library to check. If she knew what really happened she would murder Seth,  Nixon, and me. We take a seat at our usual table and I let out a huge yawn. I'm so tired, I barely got any sleep last night. I was way too busy overthinking things.

Kelis smacks my arm and thrusts her finger into the crowded Caf. "That douche bag is wearing your ears!"

I roll my eyes at her dramatics. "Kelis that could be anyone's headband."

She shakes her head and gives me a smirk. "They don't hand out doubles."

I scrunch my nose up looking at the curly-haired guy again. His back is to us but I can tell he's tall and lean and looks oddly familiar.

Kelis taps her chin. "Hey, I think that's—"

"Spencer!" I gasp as he turns around to greet my brother.

I spin around, hiding my face in Kelis' hair in embarrassment. "Oh my god," I mumble.

Kelis pats my back. "There, there."

I pull away from her biting my lip. "I know I didn't have sex with him but... what did I do?"

She grips my shoulders, giving me a serious look. "It's okay, Ry. Look it could be worse, Spencer's hot and Cali says he's great in bed."

I gape at her and knock her hands off. "Like that makes me feel better!"

Oh my god. What if I kissed him or something? He's been nothing but creepy towards me, I'm sort of scared to think about it and why isn't my brother pissed about Spencer wearing that headband? When did my life become so ridiculous that I have to worry about why a guy is wearing a headband?

Seth approaches us with a frown on his cute face. "Hey babe, why the hell is that dickhead wearing your headband?" He jabs his thumb over his shoulder toward Spencer.

I turn red and groan, burying my face in his neck. Wow, Seth smells amazing; it's a pretty good distraction from trying to figure out what Spencer did to earn those ears. Seth wraps his arms around my waist and pushes my whole body against his, comforting me instantly. "I have no idea," I mutter.

He rubs my back for a minute and then pulls away. "I'm gonna go find out." He places a kiss on my forehead and saunters over to Spencer.

I gape at his back and Kelis nudges me. "That poor boy is head over heels for you, Ry."

"No he isn't," I say, watching Seth's every move as he approaches Spencer.

I bite my lip in anticipation of Spencer's explanation. He taps Spencer on the shoulder and says something to him. Spencer replies with a smirk and whatever he says must piss Seth off because before I can blink Seth throws a punch.

"Shit!" I hiss, jumping up from the table and sprinting toward them.

There's blood smeared on the floor, leaving a crimson trail as Seth tackles Spencer to the ground. Spencer's nose spurts like a scarlet fountain; Seth doesn't seem to mind though— he straddles him and rams his fist into Spencer's face.

"Stop!" I scream but they don't listen.

It's like they're in their own little impenetrable bubble of testosterone. They go back and forth tumbling across the floor in a series of blood, fists, and grunts before Nixon stalks up and jerks Seth off of Spencer with his arm around his neck. Nixon doesn't say anything, just drags Seth outside.

Kelis gives me a look of astonishment. "Follow them, I have to get to class! Tell me  everything later!"

I nod and run after the pair. I don't reach them until they finally stop halfway around the block. I'm huffing and panting as I approach them, man I should really start working out. Seth's propped against a brick building, puffing on a cigarette with his arms resting on his jean-clad knees. Nixon is pacing in front of him, murmuring something under his breath but I can't understand his words.

There's a bruise forming on Seth's cheek and his lip is busted and swollen, making my eyes water. Ignoring the foul odor of the cigarette and Nixon's hard stare, I drop down in front of Seth and pull him into a hug.

"Why did you do that?" I ask, holding him tighter when he wraps his arms around me.

"That fucker insinuated that you gave him a blow job," he snaps.

I pull away, looking into his deep chocolate eyes. "Seriously? There's something wrong with him. Why would he say that about me?"

I've only been around Spencer a handful of times and he's made me feel creeped out each time.

"Because he's a dick. I asked him what the hell gave him the right to wear that headband and he said well she didn't blow me if that's what you're wondering and fucking smirked at me. I know he's lying because I was with you that night, the only time I wasn't was when you and Kelis went to the bathroom and Spencer was dancing the whole time you were gone." He clenches his hand into a tight fist, his knuckles are busted up after the skin to skin contact with Spencer's face. "Fucking lying ass prick."

"Calm down, it's okay," I whisper, grabbing his fist, lightly running my fingers over the broken skin.

Seth stares at me a minute before hugging me again. I pull back and give him a smile before standing and offering my hand. "Come on let's go get some ice cream."

"Why?" He pouts.

Gosh he's so freaking cute. I'm usually not one for fighting but there's something pretty hot about a guy taking up for you, not that I can't take up for myself of course.

"Because ice cream will make you feel better and you get to eat it with me so that's a bonus." I shrug nonchalantly and smirk.

He smiles, flashing me those dimples and takes one last puff on his cigarette before putting it out and standing up. "Fine but my lip hurts from defending your honor and there's only one thing that will take the pain away."

I prop my hand on my hip already knowing the answer. "Oh yeah and what's that?"

He smirks and pulls Nixon into an embrace. "If Nixy poo kisses it better!"

Well that wasn't what I was expecting...

He makes kissing noises and I laugh as Nixon scrunches his face in disgust and pushes his best friend away. "Yeah, no thanks bro. My hammer doesn't swing that way."

Seth huffs in mock disappointment. "Fine."

He slings his arm across my shoulders and guides me down the sidewalk. "Come on babe, time to go lick ice cream off of your lips."

I roll my eyes. "I did not say that."

I turn around to see Nixon still standing there. "Come on Nixy, you can come too. I'm sure you're the one Seth really wants to lick ice cream off of." I laugh.

Nixon doesn't look amused in the least. "Nah." He shakes his head and walks in the other direction.

I frown in confusion. I'm nice to him and he doesn't care, I'm mean to him and he doesn't care. It's like he doesn't care either way. Maybe he really doesn't like me. Why did he kiss me though? There's that question again. Doesn't look like it'll be answered anytime soon.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

365K 9.6K 25
This story can be read as a stand-alone but it's recommended to read My Brothers best friend to understand as this is a continuation of that story. H...
343K 12.9K 45
"It's you and me and fuck everyone else, right?" ****** SEQUEL TO CLOSER TO YOU ****** The day Beau Lewis came stomping into the coffee shop those fe...
800K 46.5K 32
When her ex-friend-turned-boyfriend reappears in her life, Anna must put her hurt and resentment aside to help him survive his withdrawal before he r...
2.8M 101K 58
"Do you ever get scared of being happy?" He asked softly, also pretty tired. I kept my eyes closed as I answered, my fingers softly drawing circles o...