Never Forget [book one]

By HoraaanHuggs

{Complete/being edited} - Niall Horan & Rosaline Kendall have been bestfriends for as long as they can rememb... More

Before You Read ♡
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Turdy-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-One
Chapter Fifty-Two
Chapter Fifty-Three
Chapter Fifty-Four
Chapter Fifty-Five
Chapter Fifty-Six
Chapter Fifty-Seven
Chapter Fifty-Eight
Chapter Fifty-Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty-One
Chapter Sixty-Two
Chapter Sixty-Three
Chapter Sixty-Four
Chapter Sixty-Five
Chapter Sixty-Six
Chapter Sixty-Seven
Chapter Sixty-Eight
Chapter Sixty-Nine: Epilogue.
Author's Note.
Sequel.
THE SEQUEL!

Chapter Seven

38.8K 723 199
By HoraaanHuggs

Rosaline's POV:

I had a great day with both Sophia and Niall. I can't even deny the truth in the butterflies and awe that I feel. I swear it's arousing when guys play with children, especially when it's Niall.

I opened the door and let Niall in, locking the door behind me.

He stood there in the middle of the living room perplexed as to where to leave Sophia. I motioned for him to follow me upstairs.

When we got to her room, he set her down in her crib, and she stirred a bit, but thank God, didn't wake up.

"So... is Sophia like... like your daughter?" hurt flickered across his face as he said this.

I know because he's my bestfriend, he'd want to meet the guy and approve of them before I let them impregnate them, but it shocks me that he thinks that Sophia is mine.

Why would he even think that? I'm a virgin and I haven't quite met any guy that appealed to my eyes or my heart like he had. Sophia's dad didn't impregnate me. Her dad is my dad.

"Seriously, Niall?" and in his eyes, I saw that he was serious. "Sophia and I have the same exact dad! After you left, my mother got pregnant." I was panting and pacing then I turned to him dubiously. "Jesus, Niall. You're an idiot, you know?" I was whispering now. I wasn't that big of a slut... Or one at all.

"Oh..." he chuckled, relieved of the clarification. "Where are your parents, anyway?"

I started walking out of Sophia's room, "Ireland for a few weeks, grandma Jane is ill."

He didn't answer. His face just dropped. "Oh... " was all he said, following me into my room.

-

Niall's POV:

I was so stupid to think that Sophia was hers. It made me kind of laugh inside.

Both, Rosaline and Sophia are alone for a few weeks. It's sad. Nana Jane use to babysit Rose and I when we were young. Obviously, she's of no blood relation to me, but she means a lot to me.

I followed Rose to her room. It had a desk with a mirror, with 3 light blue walls and one pink wall. Her drawings and paintings covered the blue walls. She's such an amazing artist.

Her bed layed against the pink wall. Her pink wall was filled with pictures. I was surprised to see myself in alot of them... most of them... our childhood pictures, modern pictures of her and her friends... young teenage pictures of her and I, holidays, birthdays, play dates, everything.

"You can stare at them all you want. We do have all day," she joked, giggling at my gawking reaction. I was probably attracting flies with my open mouth.

I looked down from the wall to see that she was sitting on her bed watching me, with her hair now tied into a bun, her shoes and cardigan off, and she was leant against the back board of her bed.

"Sorry," I blushed. "It just really is amazing."

I sat at the end of her bed, and looked down at my lap. Her feet were a few inches away from my lap.

"You have tiny feet," I chuckled, tickling her feet through her socks with Hello Kitty on it.

"Shut up, Niall!" she laughed, chucking a pillow in my direction and pulled her duvet over her legs.

"Pass me my laptop over there at the desk. Please, Niall?" she said doing a puppy dog face. How could I have said no?

"Yeah, okay," I said getting up.

"Thank you. I love you, ugly!" she teased as I walked towards her desk, laughing.

If only she meant it differently.

As I got to the desk, I froze. Something appeared to my eyes and I felt my heart rising into my throat, and the tears brimming. There it was. The letter hanging on the wall with the key.

*

I was just twelve and Rosaline was eleven.

"Niall, come to my house today. Yeah?" Eleven year old Rose told me over the phone.

"Okay, Rose. But I have to do the dishes. I'll be right over to you in about ten minutes," I said. She lived just a few houses down.

I walked to her house with wet hands after I was done, and walked straight through the door because I was, like, practically family. I went upstairs to Rosaline's green room.

"Rosie?" I called out for her because I didn't see her, anywhere.

Suddenly two hands clamped down on my mouth from behind, and someone really light weighted had jumped on me and tackled me to the floor.

It was obviously Rose. She burst into fits of laughter. "You should have seen your face!" she teased.

"You're so mean..." I pouted, later joining her in laughing. "So what's up?" I added after our laughs sobered up.

She stood up off the floor and shut her door, and then helped me up. She pulled me by my hand towards her closet.

"What are you doing?" I asked curiously.

"Shut up, Nialler. You will see!" She said opening her closet door and closing it behind us as we entered.

I pulled a string to turn on the light while she began pushing all of the clothes that hung on the rail out of the way, revealing a door. Then she reached into a shoe beneathe us, taking out a bronze, old fashioned key and sticking it into the door.

"Wh-What's in there?" I asked scared and nervous.

"Oi, Niall. Shut up." she hiss-whispered, yanking me in.

It was a small dark room with cob webs everywhere, old furniture, and squeaky floorboards.

"It's a place where I go to get away from everyone. A place where I can be alone. I wanted it to be our secret hiding place," she was smiling brightly, the most beautiful smile.

I smiled back, my heart pounding.

"...But Niall, first I want you to promise me something..." she said with all seriousness.

"Anything!" I didn't hesitate. I would've jumped off a bridge for this girl. She would be the death of me.

She pulled out a paper from her dress pocket, and handed it to me, along with a fuzzy purple pen.

I opened it and read it...

As Bestfriends FOREVER... When you become famous, to follow your dreams, you'll NEVER forget our memories, childhood, and adventures together. And you will especially remember me, Rosaline Kendall as your bestfriend.

Her full name was scribbled across the bottom in cursive, and since I was a left handed boy, I wrote sloppily but readable when I signed my name.

Rosaline Marie Kendall

And my name was plastered next to hers.

Niall James Horan

Date: March 16, 2005

She smiled big, and jumped and hugged me. I hugged her back, kissing her cheek.

*

What? Why does she still have this letter? and the key? Not that I didn't want her to... No, don't get me wrong, I'm flattered she has it. It's just ironic! I didn't think she meant it when she said she would keep it for as long as she could. It gave me a bubbly feeling of reassurance.

*

"Niall... I beg you, don't forget me," tears were streaming down her face.

"Rose, I promise... And I'll visit you every chance I get."

It wasn't even guaranteed that I'd become famous, but she just had that much faith in me. For that, I can never thank her enough.

I wiped her tears, pulling her into my chest, refraining from crying. "I love you, you're my bestfriend."

"5 O'CLOCK FLIGHT TO LONDON DEPARTING IN TEN MINUTES," said the voice coming from the intercom above us.

"Rose. I'll call you!" I said hugging her one more time, and kissing her forehead, releasing a tear.

"Goodbye, Niall," she said sobbing a bit more as my back was faced to hers.

*

I hadn't realized I had a tear in my eye or Rosaline standing at my side, until her hand reached up to my cheek, wiping away the tear. She then put her hand in mine.

I turned to look at her next to me. She was crying too. I wiped her tears away, like she did to me. We'd always have each other's back.

"You know, I'm so sorry... I didn't keep my promise. I told you I'd call you. I told you I'd visit you every chance I got. I broke those promises, I never called, and I had way too many chances to visit, but refused them," more tears escaped my eyes. I was flushed with guilt.

"No, Niall. That doesn't matter, all that matters is that you didn't forget me, and that you're here now," she said, closing her eyes and resting her forehead against my chest.

"I never meant to hurt you," I said, resting my chin on her head.

She put her arms around my waist and hugging me tight, and looked up at me.

"Why are we crying over this?" she said gesturing to the letter. "It's actually a good thing!"

I laughed to myself. I really didn't know... it was a happy and sad thing at the same time.

I shrugged sheepishly, "Dunno."

"C'mon... I know you're hungry, because I'm starving." She was sniffling and giggling making me grin.

We were now in the kitchen, "What do you wanna eat?" she asked me, tapping a spoon on the table softly.

"Surprise me," I said winking. Making her laugh.

She made waffles. Rosaline was definitely a keeper. She fed me, and I fed her, and the syrup made a mess on our faces.

We laughed, and suddenly... I leaned forward 80 percent, and she leant forward the other 20, and finally, her lips touched mine, and our lips moved in syncronization against the sticky substance.

I've waited for this moment a long time. Shockingly, she was kissing me back. Then abruptly she pulled away.

"You taste like syrup," I said grabbing the dishes, and heading towards the sink. I tried to act casual about it because I knew it was a one time thing.

"...And you taste the same, Horan." she said wiping her face with a napkin.

I smiled, not that she could see as my back faced her and I washed the dishes we'd used, her giggle was so cute, she did it a lot though. "So... wanna watch a film?" I asked as she slid onto the counter.

She looked at the time from the clock that hung over the kitchen door. "It's almost seven. Aren't you suppose to be leaving?" she said scratching her head, sitting on the counter top.

"No... Tour is over, and we don't start the new album, rehearsals, and all that good stuff until next month. I have free time." I said finishing the dishes, and leaning against the counter, next to her.

"Then what are we standing around for?" she said, jumping off the counter.

I love this girl....

We watched The Lion King and we both fell asleep on the couch side by side.

I, later, woke up to a very high pitch crying... Sophia.

"Remind me to never have kids," Rosaline mumbled under her breath, sitting up from half laying on me. I had been sleeping, sitting up in the couch. She groaned, slightly apologizing.

"Don't worry, I got it," I said pecking her forehead.

I kicked off my shoes that I happen to still be wearing, and began walking upstairs.

I turned on the light, Sophia was standing up in her crib, still crying. I pulled her out, and her crying lessened but nevertheless she was still sobbing. "Shh... Shh... It's okay, Soph," I said bouncing her, and she stopped crying.

I took her into Rosaline's room. Her face was red from crying. "Sophia, I'll be back. Okay? Don't cry." Not sure she understood, but she nodded, sniffling, with her fingers in her mouth.

I went back downstairs and made Sophia a bottle of warm milk.

Then I headed to the living room, I picked Rosaline up and took her up stairs. I set her on the bed, and covered her with the duvet.

I handed Sophia her bottle and slid her under the duvet too, "You Rosie boyfwiend?" she asked me.

"No, Sophia... I'm not. I wish, but no." I kissed her forehead and she slipped her bottle into her mouth and slowly shut her eyes.

It was 2 AM. I was just gonna go walk to the hotel, because it wasn't that far. I begun to walk out of the room when Rosaline called for me. "Niall.. Stay."

"I thought she'd never ask," I muse, turning around, and sliding under the covers, wrapping my arms around Rose who wrapped her arms around Sophia. "Goodnight," I said.

"Night, Niall... I love you," her voice trailed off at the end.

"I love you more," I whispered, knowing she didn't hear me because she was asleep now.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.3K 333 16
Harry Styles, Louis Tomlinson, Liam Payne, Zayn Malik, and Niall Horan all knew they were different from the start. They met each other at school and...
840K 11.3K 33
What happens when you fall in love with your best friend? Not only best friend, but also band mate. Will Liam Payne finally get his chance with Loui...
3.6K 114 99
Louis and Harry have been best friends since X factor, but the more time Harry spends with Louis and the more time Louis spends with Harry. The more...
2.4M 24.1K 101
*Insert your name in the _____ spaces* You and Zayn Malik have been bestfriends since forever. You haven't seen him ever since he left to audition fo...