The Uries (The Urie's Daughte...

De justabassicmusicnerd

SEQUEL TO THE URIE'S DAUGHTER *(do not read unless you've read book 1. This book is in continuation and won'... Mais

Memories
Can You Feel My Heart?
Young and Menace
The Last Of The Real Ones
I'll Never Forget You
The Only Hope For Me Is You
House of Memories (I)
Don't Threaten Me With A Good Time
My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark
My Blood
I Lied
Disenchanted
Far Too Young to Die (I)
Far Too Young to Die (II)
This Ain't A Scene
We Build Then We Break
Guns For Hands
Numb
This Is Halloween
The Kids Aren't Alright (I)
Legends
If You Can't Hang
Stomach Tied In Knots (I)
The Kids Aren't Alright (II)
Stomach Tied In Knots (II)
Heroine
One Man Army
Song For Isabelle
Lost In Stereo
Nightmares
Remind Me To Forget
Hear Me
Elastic Heart
Drugs and Candy
Life Of The Party
Kids In The Dark
Therapy
Missing You (Epilogue)
TRILOGY???

Feels Like Christmas

569 17 57
De justabassicmusicnerd

Ryleigh
The medicine helped some but seeing the food layout in front of me only made me feel sicker. I managed to eat half of a small pancake before pushing my plate away. Tyler glanced at me and I shrugged. "So, Ryleigh, we wanted to see if you would care if our siblings visited?"Tyler asked and glanced at Josh then Jenna. I shrugged. "I don't care,"I said. "Good, cause Jordan, Abigail, and Ashley are almost here,"Josh said.

"So, basically, it didn't matter because they're coming anyways?"I asked and raised an eyebrow. Josh shrugged. " Zack and Jay are on the way. Maddy and Will will come by on Christmas with Tatum since they have Pepper and Mia,"Tyler said. We finished up breakfast. I was nervous. Would they hate me? Did they know? What would they think? Questions invaded my brain.

I went to the living room and found The Grinch on TV so I started to finish it. Suddenly, there was a lot of noise by the front door. I knew Josh's siblings had arrived. They came into the living room and I was immediately pulled into a hug. I hugged them back cautiously as I wasn't sure who it was.

"It's so good to meet you. I'm Ashley,"the girl hugging me said. "You too,"I replied and was wrapped into another hug by who I assumed was Jordan. Abigail hugged me last. Josh came in and joined me on the couch. Jordan was on my other side and the girls took the chairs.

"So, since we're here together, I want to let you all know about something,"Josh spoke suddenly anxious. We looked at him curiously. "Tyler already knows, but I'm planning to ask Debby to marry me,"he said and trailed off as he waited for our responses. I launched myself into his arms to hug him. He hugged me back. "I'm so happy for you! You guys deserve it,"I whispered to him.

They'd been together for a long time. Debby had always been really nice to me and I was hoping I could know her better now. "When do you plan to ask her?"Jordan asked. "I dunno, yet. I have a place in mind,"he said. "Where?"Abi asked. "A tree house in New Zealand,"he replied.

They nodded their approval. There was more noise and I knew that Tyler's siblings had arrived. Tyler led his siblings in then sat next to me. Jenna sat on my other side a few minutes later. Josh explained his plan to Tyler's siblings while I blankly tried to focus on The Grinch. It wasn't going to happen, I just wanted something to do.

"Hey, Ryleigh?"Tyler asked. "Huh?"I asked. "Go get dressed. Wear something warm and comfortable. Wear a winter coat, if you need one borrow Jenna's. It's in the 40s,"Tyler said. "Oh, make sure to wear a sock over your toes on your casted foot,"he added. "Why?"I asked. "Because we're behind on Christmas so we're going to find a tree,"Tyler said. I had never done this before but it sounded fun.

I grabbed my crutches and hurried to my room. I found a grey pair of sweatpants with pockets and a long sleeved black t-shirt in my bag. I threw them on and found a pair of grey fuzzy socks so I put them on as well. I slipped on one tennis shoe then grabbed a beanie. It was maroon. Jenna came in to hand me a coat. It was army green with a belt around my midsection. There was fur around the hood. After that, I was ready so I crutched to the kitchen.

"Ready to go?"Tyler asked as he dangled his keys in his hand. "I'M READY TO GOOOOOOO!"I sang at the top of my lungs. Tyler winced, not prepared for how loud I can be. The rest of us laughed. "You're definitely your father's daughter,"he said. "Hurtful,"I faked being hurt with a hand over my heart. This sent us all into laughter again as Tyler opened the door and we made our way to the car. The front stairs went easier for me this time.

The Dun siblings went in one car while Zack and Jay piled in the car next to me. They kept picking on each other which made me giggle. Tyler put in his copy of Blurryface. Heavydirtysoul blasted through the car speakers as Tyler and I started to shout the lyrics at the top of our lungs. Jenna smiled and joined in once we got past the really hard rap part.

We pulled up to a small Christmas tree farm an hour later. We walked, in my case crutched, slowly through the rows. I found the perfect tree. Tyler and his siblings set to work on chopping it down then lugging it back to the vehicle. They put it on the roof of Tyler's car, strapped down. We had brought the SUV so there was room.

*********

Jenna brought the ornaments to the living room and we set to work decorating it. Tyler had Christmas music playing through the house. I balanced on one foot as I hung ornaments. Josh held me up so I could put the star on top. Josh's siblings went to his parents house and Tyler's returned to their own houses and kids.

"Wanna make cookies?"Jenna asked. "Sure,"I replied. I had never done it before. You've heard what my parents were like and, for now, let's just say they weren't any nicer at Christmas. I crutched to the kitchen where Jenna got out bowls while Tyler grabbed ingredients.

They mixed them up. She made chocolate chip, too. I cut the sugar cookies into shape. We put sprinkles on some before she baked them. She made homemade hot chocolate for us and put whipped cream on top. It was delicious and I drank it slowly. I savored every sip while the cookies baked. She started to get the frosting together and we all set to decorating some with frosting. I managed to eat half of one. We sat in front of the fireplace while we continued watching Christmas movies. I fell asleep on Josh's shoulder.

*****

I woke up in my bed the next morning. I tried falling back asleep when I felt someone jump on the bed. There was some really loud beating on what sounded like pans. I put the pillow over my head. "IT'S CHRISTMAS EVE!"Tyler shouted excitedly in my ear as he pulled the pillow away.

I groaned and opened my eyes. The beating and jumping stopped. "Breakfast is ready,"Josh said and they left to let me get dressed. Finally, peace and quiet. I fell back asleep.

I woke again when frigid water was poured over my face. I glared at Josh who looked at me guiltily from the doorway. I got up and crutched to the bathroom where I took off my wet clothes then back into the bedroom to grab dry clothes. I joined them in the dining room. We had French toast this morning. It smelled good. I took one of the pills again. I took a slice of French toast.

I put powdered sugar on it and some blueberries before I took a small bite. It tasted so good  I ate the whole slice. "Why're you even trying? They'll never love you. You're fat and worthless,"the voice spoke up. I tried to ignore it in the hopes that it would leave me alone. A short time later, we made our way to the mall where we picked out joke gifts for each other. I had found Jenna an ugly sweater to which she held in front of her and did a hair flip.

After we had all repeated the process a few times and laughed at the gifts we joked about giving each other, Tyler gave me $200 dollars. We all went our own ways while we picked out actual gifts. I wasn't paying attention to where I was going and ran right into a solid chest. My crutches fell but the person steadied me before I could fall. "I'm so sorry,"I mumbled without looking up.

"It's okay,"they replied and the voice sounded familiar. I glanced up. It was Zack from All Time Low. "Zack!"I exclaimed. "Ryleigh?"he questioned. "It's so good to see you,"I said. "You, too,"he said. I could see the question in his eyes. They didn't know what had happened. They hadn't been around in awhile since their band is getting a lot of publicity and they're working on getting a new album out. They have their own headline tour coming up but I knew they'd be at Reading and Leeds.

"What're you doing here?"I asked while pushing a strand of hair behind my ear. "Shopping?"he asked. "Duh,"I thought and mentally facepalmed. He realized he was still holding me and bent to grab my crutches. "Want help?"he asked. I shrugged. He took that as a cue to start walking slowly alongside me. "So, uh, what happened?"he asked and gestured to my leg.

"Car accident,"I replied. He waited for me to continue. "Dad and I were having a day out then Mom's car broke down. We went to get her and a drunk driver slammed into us at an intersection. Dad's still in the hospital so I've been with Tyler and Josh for a few days. We had Christmas shopping to do,"I said. "I'm sorry,"he said. "No, don't be. We're okay. We lived, that's the main thing. It was touch and go for awhile,"I said. He nodded.

We stopped in front of Hot Topic so we went in. I bought Josh a Twenty One Pilots Tee Shirt since he was his own biggest fan. I bought Dallon a Doctor Who shirt. I found a few more items then checked out. Zack took the bag. I found mom some nice jewelry in Icing's. We went in a few more stores. Zack carried all of my bags. We finally stopped in a bookstore where I got Mikey and Gerard some books.

We sat in the small cafe where Zack bought us sweet tea. I stayed silent for a few moments as I observed everyone around us then Zack himself. He was a good person. He was really caring and good-looking, too. It was weird to have both. "No, Ryleigh, stop it,"I mentally scolded myself.

I shouldn't be crushing on him. Yeah, he wasn't that much older than me. I'm 14, going on 15. He was 19. I wasn't sure. He was really hot, too. "Still,"I thought and finally stopped. "How have you been?"I asked and mentally cringed. "Good, the band is doing well, you?"he replied as he sipped his tea and gave me a strange look I couldn't interpret. "As well as can be expected,"I said with a shrug. He nodded and we drifted into silence. I looked out the window to the parking lot. "Want my number?"he asked awkwardly. He looked nervous. I shrugged and handed him my phone to put it in.

Zacky Merrick: Hey

Ryleigh: Hi

I replied so he had my number. My phone start buzzing then. It was Tyler. "I'm so sorry. I need to take this,"I said and answered. "Hey, Tyjo,"I answered. "Ryleigh, where are you?"he asked worriedly. "I'm in a bookstore in the mall with Zack Merrick,"I said. "Oh, well we're at the front,"he said. "I'll be there in a few,"I said. We ended the call.

"You have to go?"Zack questioned. "I wish I didn't,"I said and looked down. He tilted my chin up. "We can talk. You have my number, okay? Don't hesitate,"he said with that damn perfect smile. I'm falling too hard too soon. "Okay,"I replied with a smile. He gathered all of my bags and we walked back into the busy last minute shoppers in the mall. The front appeared too quickly for my liking.

I felt awkward but turned around to hug Zack. He wrapped his arms around me. Nothing has ever felt so right. "See ya later,"he said and kissed the top of my head. "See ya,"I replied. "Text me,"he said. "Will do,"I said. Josh took my bags and he walked away. When Zack was out of earshot, they all turned to me. "Ryleigh has a crush!"Josh exclaimed excitedly and almost dropped a few bags. "Hush!"I hissed. "Crush! Crush! Crush!"Josh chanted like a child while dancing in a circle.

I blushed against my will. "Ryleigh and Zack sitting in a tree,"Josh sang and I grabbed my earbuds out of my pocket to put them in. Doubt starting blasting into my ears and I welcomed it. We went to the car. They placed the bags in the back and Josh joined me in the backseat.

My phone buzzed and I glanced down.

Zacky Merrick: "How's it going? I miss you already"

Ryleigh: "It's going decent. I dread having to wrap everything when I get home. I miss you, too :("

Zacky Merrick: "We'll have to meet again soon then ☺"

Ryleigh: "yeah we will. When do you start tour? We may get to before then"

Zacky Merrick: "January 18"

Ryleigh: "okay. Are you ready for it?"

There wasn't an immediate response. "Who're you texting?"Josh asked. "No one, just changing the song?"I said and put my phone between my legs. "Lemme see,"he said. "No!"I said. Josh looked like a scolded puppy. I had changed bands though. Dad pays for Apple Music monthly so I can listen to whatever. I had started All Time Low. They're music was really good. They worked well together. I shut myself in my room when we got home. I started wrapping everything. Everyone was coming by tomorrow.

Jenna came in to take it all out to the tree then sat on my bed. "Spill,"she said. I nodded. "He's cute. This perfect guy,"I said. She waited. "He's 19 and I know he's older than me but it just feels right,"I said. "Honey, I'm here for whatever you need. If this feels right then don't run from it. It'll be your biggest regret,"she said. I nodded. "Get some rest,"she said and patted my arm before she closed the door. I had 17 unread messages from Zack. My phone started buzzing. Zacky Merrick is calling.

"Hey,"I answered. "Hey,"he replied in that amazing voice of his. It started awkward but we found our groove and made easy conversation. We talked and talked for hours. "Is it really two in the morning?"I asked. "Yeah, I guess it is,"he said. "I should get some rest. We have a thing tomorrow,"I said with a sigh. "Sleep well, Ryleigh. Goodnight,"he said. "Goodnight,"I replied. We kept going back and forth not wanting to hang up. Finally, I pressed end and fell into the best sleep I'd had in weeks.

*******

"Ryleigh. Get up. It's CHRISTMAS!"Josh shouted while poking my cheek. I groaned. I glanced at the time on my phone. 6:30. I groaned again and grabbed my crutches. I went to the bathroom and Josh was no longer on my bed. I walked out. "What the hell?"I muttered under my breath then glanced up. "SURPRISE!"was shouted from more than a dozen people at once. One face mattered most to me at that exact moment. "DAD!"I  yelled and practically fell as I crutched quickly over and threw myself at him in a hug.

He was in a wheelchair, wearing pajamas and a Santa hat. The beard he grew in the hospital was gone. "What're you doing here?"I asked as I hugged him. "We got a day pass. I couldn't miss Christmas with you,"he said and hugged me tightly in return. I hugged mom next and then everyone else before sitting on the floor to open presents. Lindsey and Bandit were here along with Jamia, Miles, Cherry, and Lilly. Ray brought his family. Dallon brought Breezy, Amelie, and Knox. Kellin had brought his family.

Basically, everyone in a band brought their families. There was at least 50 of us in that room. The doorbell rang. I looked at Tyler confused. "Go get it,"he urged. I grabbed my crutches and quickly went to the door. I gasped and almost fell in surprise. All Time Low was waiting at the door. To more of my surprise, it was also snowing which never happens in California. Alex, Jack, and Rian came in and sat their food contributions on the counter before entering the living room to give us a moment.

He looked amazing in the early morning darkness. His eyes drew me in. His hair covered in snowflakes. I hugged him tightly. "I'm so glad you're here, Zacky,"I whispered. "I am, too,"he replied. We embraced for several minutes when Tyler approached us. "You coming or not?"Tyler joked. I glared at him as we walked in together. "How'd you know?"I asked. "Tyler called Alex last night and asked if we wanted to join,"he explained. I nodded. That seemed like Tyler. Zack sat on the floor then helped me to get down, too. Frank started to pass out gifts. He seemed just like a little kid at Christmas, too.

I hadn't been this happy since the accident. The voice was oddly silent. This was pulling me away from my depressed misery and I hoped it would stay that way. It was starting to feel like Christmas. I looked over to smile at Zack and found him smiling back. Today was going to be amazing.

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

49 6 10
[COMPLETE] You know that time in your life that feels so amazing you never want to let it go, at least, it feels that way after it's over? You never...
537 36 8
It's not like I asked for this. I didn't ask. I didn't want this. But now there's nothing in this world that I could want more. Him, next to me. Smil...
10.7K 271 41
Ranked 1 out of 100+ in #adoptedbybrendonurie Book 1: The Youngest Of The Family (COMPLETE) Book 2: Touring is Hard 1k: 1/10/18 1.5k: 1/31/18 2k: 3/3...
2.2K 210 27
BOOK 2 OF THE MIND GAMES TRILOGY! Being in a mental hospital is hard enough for Tyler, let alone being the most dangerous person alive. He tries to...