Want (Ghirahim X Reader X Lin...

By ESKT_26

•Ghirahim X Reader X Link• (I don't own LoZ/its characters/any art, just this story) *Slow updates* The calm... More

Skyloft
Wing Ceremony
Not My Fault
Later That Night
Goddess Statue
Welcome
The Starting Line
Reunion
Your Wish
Return to The Cave
Cave Battle
Some Explanation

Mid-Air

1.5K 50 36
By ESKT_26

Just like that it was over. Link had won the Wing Ceremony and the lot of you flew back to Skyloft.

Everyone cheered when you all returned but they weren't welcoming you back. They were cheering for Link. He triumphantly raised the colored bird statue and the small crowd clapped. After reluctantly congratulating Link, you stepped to the side with Groose, Cawlin, and Strich.

There was sniffing next to you. You looked to your right see Groose crying. 'What is wrong with him?'

Zelda ran up to Link and met him with an embrace. She giggled as Link smiled warmly to her. The two then set off for the Goddess Statue and you couldn't help but cringe.

You angrily kicked a nearby rock and stormed off towards the waterfall.

"Hey (Y/N)!"

You ignored the strained voice and kept walking.

Zelda annoyed you. She was constantly doting on Link. But the worst part for you was the fact that he seemed to like it. Though unlike Groose, you weren't about to cry about it.

'It is what it is.' You clicked your tongue and sighed.

You were directly across the waterfall. You looked back before crossing the stones. Even though someone called for you they didn't seem to care enough to follow you. You quickly forgot about it.

You now stood atop of the raised stepping stone in the middle and watched the water reflect the sunlight as it flowed down the waterfall.

'Maybe I just need more practice.' You crossed the stones quickly and sat down by the water's edge.

'Or maybe... It was the Goddess's will.'

This notion annoyed you. You gingerly stuck your hand in the crystal clear water and frowned. Whether under divine influence or not, you couldn't shake the way the loftwing had literally passed him the victory.

'Link... playing the Hero for the ceremony with Zelda as the Goddess.'

You then noticed your reflection in the water and slapped at the surface to disturb it.

"Tch."

You were ashamed you had lost. There was no way you were going to talk to the Knight Commander. At least not for awhile. But there was no way to avoid him.

"That's it." You abruptly got up and walked for the small wooden dock that was clinging to the edge of the floating island. "If it's more practice I need then so be it!" You jumped off the platform and called your loftwing.

It came to pick you up with a screech and you immediately boosted away. Something afar caught your eye. You recognized Link's crimson loftwing flying alongside another purple loftwing completely in sync.

'Zelda.'

"Ew." You scrunched your brows in annoyance and hightailed it diagonally.  There was no way you were going to watch that.

It stung you.

Yet as soon as your loftwing had angled itself the wind picked up significantly. Your bird whined in protest, a sign you should land.

But you ignored it.

"It's just a little wind." You ruffed it's (C) feathers. "Link and Zelda are fine and I see no reason not to fly otherwise. Plus, flying in this weather will be good practice." You added reassuringly. 'Now then.' You boosted again.

As soon as you were further away you let it out.

"UGH!" You laid back onto your bird's fur. "I had that! I was on it's tail the entire time!"

You then heard a comforting coo from your loftwing.

"We should have had that." You corrected yourself. It aggravated you that Link had won.

You then sat back up and looked around. The sky was clear and the sun was an hour away from setting. You were a good distance away from Skyloft now and decided to maybe head towards the Lumpy Pumpkin. On the way you would practice sharp turns and recovery while being able to balance yourself. As a side note, it would also be nice to relax with a nice hot bowl of pumpkin soup. If you had been able to confidently reach the slightest bit further then the win and the senior Knight position would have been yours.

You did a wide turn with your bird and boosted across the sky. You didn't see Link or Zelda's loftwings in the distance anymore.

"Good." You sighed.

Your bird gave another small wine of protest.

"It's alright-"

There was a loud rumbling and the sky darkend.

"What the?-"

A stronger gust of wind blew harshly against you, disorienting your loftwing. You clung onto its fur and adjusted your seating.

"Oi, oi!" It scrambled to get its barings.

You couldn't believe what you were seeing. A large, dark tornado-like mass erupted from the clouds a bit away from where you were. Weather like this was unprecedented.

The wind current was completely unstable and your loftwing went into a panic. Your hair whipped around and your sight was obstructed. Dirt and gravel were being kicked up by the dry storm and you attempted to keep the grime out of you eyes.

You did your best to calm your squirming loftwing. "Okay yeah I hear you, we're for sure going back."

You glanced back at the dark mass and something caught your eye again. There were figures moving in the distance. You squinted your eyes and noticed a red dot make a rapid descent towards the cloud barrier.

'Link's loftwing!'

His bird seemed to be spiraling out of control.

Then you saw him.

Link was hurdling to the cloud barrier while his loftwing was biwildered. There was no way his bird would make it in time to save him.

But you could.

"Go!" Without any further thought, you commanded your bird forward while pressing your heel against it. It gave a reluctant boost and headed right for the tornado.

The wind was fierce and loud. But luckily it was flowing with you and with each boost your speed increased exponentially. You were in front of the dark mass in a matter of seconds.

"Link!" You spotted him below you and dove down for him. He looked uncouncious.

You reached for him but it wasn't enough. Your mind flashed back to the final moments of the Wing Ceremony. The same thing was happening again. 'Shit.'

But in this case, if you couldn't catch Link it would mean his death.

"Link!" You frantically reached for his limp body.

Your breath hitched after you failed to catch him the second time.

"Fuck it!"

You scrambled forward to your loftwing's neck and swung your legs around it for stability as it squirmed. You leaned for Link once again and successfully grabbed the hem of his shirt. You quickly signaled for your loftwing to fly back up while pulling Link into what essentially was an embrace. You then moved back to the appropriate seating on your bird as it pulled up, preparing for the force of Link's weight against you.

During this time the tornado had disappeared and the sky returned to its normal coloration. All that was left was a gaping hole in the cloud barrier, which modestly revealed some of the landscape below. But it quickly closed with the passing of the clouds.

'I don't understand.'

You surveyed the area for Zelda or her bird but to no avail. Link's loftwing was most likely blown away by the wind and would probably return later. You decided it was best to head back to Skyloft and report what just happened.

You signaled a turn with Link clutched in your arms and headed back for the main island.

Relief coursed through you as noticed Link was still breathing. His hair was ruffled slightly but he showed no external signs of injury.

"Thank the Goddess." You whispered.

You then ran your hand through Link's dirty-blonde hair, more for your comfort.

"You better wake up." You said.

As Skyloft grew closer you began to feel more anxious. You had found Link, but not Zelda. Gaepora would curse you for it.

"(Loftwing name), circle back." You instructed.

With a flap of its large wings it turned and you surveyed the area once again. No Zelda. Was it possible that she had fallen through the cloud barrier?

Yet even then if you had seen her, would you have saved her?

... It was best not to think such dark thoughts.

But right now what was important was Link. He probably knew more about what happened and would be instrumental in finding Zelda.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.8K 542 21
Connected by a thread of fate, Ghirahim had said. Destined to fight. He wasn't entirely wrong. Six years after the eradication of Demise, that thread...
2.5K 108 17
The Goddess has plans for everyone, regardless of if they've acknowledged it or not. (Y/N), a hard-working and determined Skyloft Academy trainee, is...
40.1K 876 23
Link is an ordinary teenager who blends into the background. His life is very mundane until he meets a girl with a familiar stare. The girl that goes...
458K 15K 43
"You will aid the hero during his journey in defeating Calamity Ganon." That was the order that was given to you by goddess Hylia. Although the godde...