𝐓𝐑𝐈𝐁𝐔𝐓𝐄𝐒 | cato hadle...

By madeinchinabicj

‧₊˚✧「 ❝i love you,❞ ❝i love you, and i don't think i'll ever stop.❞ 」 becca riker isn't normal. she steals an... More

𝐓 𝐑 𝐈 𝐁 𝐔 𝐓 𝐄 𝐒
O n e
T w o
T h r e e
F o u r
F i v e
S i x
S e v e n
E i g h t
N i n e
T e n
E l e v e n
T h i r t e e n
F o u r t e e n
F i f t h t e e n
S i x t e e n
S e v e n t e e n
E i g h t e e n
N i n e t e e n
T w e n t y
T w e n t y o n e
T w e n t y t w o
T w e n t y t h r e e
T w e n t y f o u r
T w e n t y f i v e
T w e n t y s i x
T w e n t y s e v e n
T w e n t y e i g h t
T w e n t y n i n e
T h i r t y

T w e l v e

2.8K 51 5
By madeinchinabicj

I ended up drifting off not long after, I'm awaken by screams. There was a thud next to me, my eyes flew open. A scream escaped my mouth as a Tracker Jacker nest lands right next to me, i stumble away as pure chaos erupts. Glimmer was shouting as she fell to the ground, she was covered in stings.

My heart was racing wildly as i swatted at the Tracker Jacker's threatening to sting my skin. I fall to the ground just when sharp pains run up my back, my vision became blurry. I called Cato's, Marvel's and Clove's names but the words came out as loud moans, Glimmer was surely dead.

My skin felt as if it was on fire, i felt a hand on my back then another scream. A body falls to the ground next to me, i push myself up ignoring the pain shooting up my back, neck, arms and legs. I struggle to walk forward since my vision is failing me, my shaking hands feel around for a bush i could hide in. I fine one and almost leap in it, the branches and leafs scratch my body making me yelp in pain. I needed to get to safety while the Tracker Jacker sting wore off, so i sat in the bush; legs pulled close to my chest as tears streamed down my face.

I just want to see my siblings, i want to be held by Cato.

Darkness clouded my vision fully this time and i found myself fighting the urge to pass out. But it was no use as my heavy eyelids shut.

<>

"Becca," Why was someone always calling my name?

"Open your eyes." I peal my eyes open and meet the face of Cato, a smile replaces his worried face.

He lifts me up and leans me on a tree. "What happened? Are you okay? Is Glimmer dead? Is Marvel dead? Is Clove-" The questions leave my mouth quicker than my brain could think. Cato stops me by pressing his lips on mine, a transient kiss.

He pulls away and i smile, then his face turns into one of anger. His hands wrap around my throat and he squeezes, the air is cut off. I claw at his skin as i see black dots. How could be do this to me?

"You're worthless." That wasn't Cato's voice; it was my fathers. Cato's face is shifted into my fathers face, i close my eyes not wanting to face him.

"Worthless." And with that i pass out.

<>

I shoot up from my sleep, a yelp comes from next to me. I turn and see Wyatt, my face lights up as i hug him.

"Woah, you need to rest, you have 23 stings." I pull back and scowl at him, i felt fine.

"What did you do? I feel great." I stand up from my spot, he must have moved me from the bush.

"If you did the plant course in training you would know." He says snarling, i dust my clothes off and roll my eyes. "So what did you see?" I turn to him as he stands up.

"What?" I ask.

"In your hallucinations?" I shrug pulling my jacket to my chest.

"Just Cato and my father."

"Cato?" I nod.

"Yep, i don't want to talk about it. Have you seen the Careers?" I say and start to walk towards the creek, i was dehydrated badly.

"No, not since Katniss knocked down that Tracker Jacker nest." I spin around, face bright red from anger.

"She did that! I'm gonna kill that little bitc-" Wyatt cuts me off.

"Calm down we'll get her, but only with help from the Careers." I continue to walk, i was so mad, thirst and hunger wasn't helping either.

I dip my hands in the water once i got there, the water instantly makes me feel better. "So how long was i out?" I ask sitting down by the stream.

"A day and a half at least." Thoughts fill my mind, were the Careers looking for me? Was Cato okay?

"Who's dead?"

"Glimmer, and a few other Tributes." Wyatt pulls out a backpack and then some dried meat, my mouth waters at the sight.

"Here, you need to eat." I dig into the meat, it felt amazing having food in my stomach again.

After eating i stand and start to walk towards the Cornucopia, Cato mentioned that if we ever got separated that's where they'd be. "Where are we going?" The brunette boy asks.

"The Cornucopia."

<>

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1K 64 8
A collection of nonsensical non-canon shorts set in the Wonderful World of Skullgirls universe
188K 3.2K 24
Wren Eldrid did not volunteer for the 74th Hunger Games. Cato Hadley did. Wren is from District Ten. Cato is from District Two. Hearing the news of...
18.4K 120 21
Athena is the winner of the 73rd hunger games. Growing up in district two, she thought this life would be different but she was wrong. When she was t...
412K 10.3K 21
❝LADIES AND GENTLEMEN! I AM PLEASED TO ANNOUNCE OUR YOUNGEST VICTOR EVER, JUNIPER BLACK❞ In which a manipulative 12-year-old girl from District 5 ge...