Dating The Fame

By _Leahh

Can Genesis deal with the slander from the media, obsessive stalkers, betrayal and the trust issues? All of t... More

Cast
Prologue
Chapter 1: G Shit
Chapter 2: Drunken
Chapter 3: Making A Move
Chapter 4: Don't Mind
Chapter 5: All The Stars
Chapter 6: Cravings
Chapter 7: I Am Not
Chapter 8: The Kiss
Chapter 9: Gardening Tool
Chapter 10: Brother
Chapter 11: Mine
Chapter 12: Meeting the Fam
Chapter 13: Twitter Fingers
Chapter 14: NYC
Chapter 15: Intimacy
Chapter 16: Should've Told You
Chapter 17: Body II Body
Chapter 18: Blondie
My Heart
Chapter 20: Leaked
Chapter 21: Don't Look Back
Chapter 22: You Should Stay
Chapter 23: Different Now
Chapter 24: Serenity
Chapter 25: The Weekend
Chapter 26: The Awards
Chapter 27: Opportunites
Chapter 28: Controlling
Chapter 29: Desperado
Chapter 30: Tore Up
Chapter 31: Moving On
Chapter 32: Kick off
Chapter 33: Pride
Chapter 34: Monica
Chapter 35: Twenty-Three
Chapter 36: Twenty Three pt. 2
Chapter 37: Timing is Everything
Chapter 38: Mistake
Chapter 39: Chill Bill
Chapter 40: Substance
Chapter 41: Circle of Life
Chapter 42: Holiday
Chapter 43: VA

Chapter 19: Past

2.1K 80 74
By _Leahh

LOOOK HOW CUTE THIS PHOTO IS 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭. They NEED and HAVE to be together for my health please 😂.

Genesis,

"Thanks." I smiled at Jodi as she reveals my phone, showing the picture she took.

"You look cute, take one with me!" EJ shouted over the music as we snapped about a hundred more pictures.

The party ended up being in a private rooftop section of the club. It was as if the entire city knew of Usher's event, since press were snapping pictures both inside and out. EJ was quick enough to find us a ducked off section to sit with couches and tables that me, Jodi and Monica occupied.

Since the second we walked in Chris was swooped away by many of his label friends. So I decided to let him do his thing. I would hate to be the clingy girlfriend that stood at hand and foot. But I definitely wanted to keep an eye out for him and the number of drinks he consumed.

"Do you see Chris?" I questioned into Jodi's ear while searching the club. The lights were dimly lit with either purple and navy flashing lights making it difficult with actually seeing anyone faces.

"I just saw him talking with Diddy, I think." She says while tapping her chin. "I don't know, but I'll look as I get another drink. Do you want one?"

I nodded as she stood up and straighten out her romper and making her way to the bar. I have to admit, the amount of celebrities in this room alone had me feeling like a straight outcast. I could've sworn Chris and I passed up Jay-Z on the way in, and I just know if I see Beyoncé I'll lose it.

"I thought I saw you over here being antisocial," The seat next to me dipped in as Nathan placed his drink down on the table.

"What you mean being antisocial? Including you I may know like five people here." I chuckled. "What are you doing here anyway? I thought this was private."

Nathan raised his eyebrow. "Damn you tryna say I'm too lame to be here now?"

I laugh as he placed his hand over his chest, pretending to be hurt.

"That's not what I said. I meant how did you get invited or get inside?" I joked as Nathan shook his head and stood up causing me to pull on his arm. "Okay, okay. Maybe that's what I meant." I chuckled.

"I told you I got connections woman." He pops his collar which causes me to laugh hysterically.

The couch nexts to me then dips again and I assumed it was Jodi back with our drinks.

"Did you see him?" I turn to ask although I wasn't met with Jodi's long black hair.

"See who?" TJ asks raising his eyebrow. My smile fell and I found myself rolling my eyes before turning my attention back to Nathan.

"Who's this?" Nathan questioned.

"Nobody important—"

"What's good, bruh. I'm her boyfriend's best friend." TJ cuts me off, causing Nathan to raise his eyebrow.

"Why is his name so long?" He asks me before turning to TJ. "Sup her boyfriend's best friend, I'm not jealous."

I snickered slightly as TJ pursed his lips and finished off whatever was left in his glass. He then placed his glass down on to the table and leaned towards my ear.

"Can I talk to you for a minute?"

I pursed my lips and glanced over my shoulder seeing TJ nodding at the back hallway. I sighed since I've been dreading his presences since he got back but proceed to following him anyway.

"You cool?" Nathan pulls on my wrists preventing me from walking away.

"It's fine." I nodded before catching up with TJ towards the bathrooms where the music didn't play as loud. "Why aren't you with Chris or something?"

"He's the reason I came over here. I thought I'll be nice and check up on you." He says while stuffing his hands into pockets.

I scrunch up my nose, "Check on me for what? I was clearly fine."

"Check on you since Rihanna is here." TJ scoffs. "Then again, you were all cozy with ol' dude in the corner you probably didn't even realize. Who are you using him to get to?"

I was taken back. Not only by the fact that Rihanna, Chris and I are in the same building. But also by the fact that TJ is talking to me like he lost his insanity.

"Like I said, I'm fine." I spat before storming off.

Walking back to my seat, Jodi finally appeared though she had another girl with her. She had straight shoulder length black hair, light skin with deep red lipstick, leggings and a sheer top. She was telling some kind of story that had both Jodi and Nathan's full attention while EJ was still snapping pictures with others.

"Genesis, this is my girl Erica. Me and her sort of go way back." Jodi spoke up as I sat in my original spot.

"Hi, mami. How are you?" She cheesed causing me to force a grin.

"Hey, I love your shoes." I complemented. "Did you see Chris anywhere?" I turn to Jodi.

"Oh I was just with him. He's downstairs with Usher taking pictures with the back drop." Erica butts in. "Girl he was looking so delicious with his blonde hair. I might have to visit memory lane tonight."

"Erica, no—"

"Memory lane?" I asks cutting Jodi off. Erica nodded before glancing over her shoulders and crouching down in front of us.

"Me and a few of my girls spent a week with Chris in Miami last year, and trust me when I say we didn't go out." She smirks, my eyebrows knitted together.

"You wild." Nathan spoke up first causing Erica to laugh.

"I'll be back."

I cleared my throat as I got up and made my way towards the front. I started for the stairs and just before I could reach the doors out to the red carpet, I spotted Chris with his back up against the wall—smoking. I smirked to myself since I planned on sneaking up on him.

"You made it seemed like you were with him or at least wanted to." He mumbles causing me to stop in my tracks.

"Ugh no, it's all for publicity and my team basically begged me to be with him. I only told you dat to make it sound convincing." I stepped forward to hear clearly. "He's just so damn annoying and obsessive. This nigga has known me for a few days and has the nerve to tell me he loves me, can you believe dat?" The strong accent scoffed causing Chris to chuckle.

From my entrance, I could only see Chris' body. But against the black marble walls I could see the silhouette of a tall brighter tone woman. I chewed on my bottom lip since I wasn't exactly sure on how to feel. Chris is back talking to her even after she's thrown him into jail and filed another restraining order—tarnishing his reputation.

"Ayo, Genesis, lemme talk to you for a minute." I yanked my hand away from the sudden touch as Jamal approached me. "My fault, I ain't mean to grab you like that."

I apologized while smiling lightly, "What's up?" I said flattening out my dress not making it any more obvious that I was just ease dropping.

"Don't get upset."

I knitted my eyebrows together. "Upset about what?" Jamal flattened his lips and nodded his head towards Chris direction. "Oh, no. I'm good." I assured.

"Listen, some people learn closure differently. Which doesn't mean you should go about second guessing yourself, because he does care about you."

"But how would I know if that's enough? Me and her are nothing alike."

I never would've imagined I'll be comparing myself to Rihanna. With her fashion and body all men basically infatuate her. And if Chris is in love with her then I shouldn't stand in the way of that.

Jamal shrugs, "Different is appreciated." I laugh as he nudges me. "C'mon, come chill with us." He says while leading me in the opposite direction.

I mushed my eyebrows together and glanced over my shoulder until Chris was no longer in my view.

Chris,

I coughed and sticked my bud into the cigarette tray.

"I'm stopping by the studio later if you wanna come." Robyn says while running her fingers through her hair. I kissed my teeth since I technically wasn't supposed to be this close to her, let alone talking to her.

My eyes flickered to the right of me and I notice Genesis laughing with Jamal and Hoody. The corner of my mouth began to curve up into a smile. It took me basically half the night without seeing her to realize how good she looks.

Robyn neck snapped in the same direction before she steps closer to me and places her hand on the side of my face.

"I got a song you can help me with, and a couple inspirational gifts." She mentions while pulling out a crisp blunt from her clutch.

"Yeah, I'll see you later."

I placed my hand on her hip and pushed past her towards the bar where Genesis sat. Hoody was in mid detailed story that had Rob and Jamal laughing hysterically as I approached Genesis from behind.

"Uh oh. Something is definitely wrong with your skirt." I spoke into her ear while gripping her waist.

"What's wrong?" Genesis frowned.

"Looks like my watch got caught in the zipper. It needs to come off, for sure." I teased as Genesis kissed her teeth instantly catching on.

"Stop playing." She laughs nudging me away while I bit my lip and kissed on her neck.

"That's why this nigga Chris started wearing clothes three sizes too big. Not because of the trend, but that big ass rip in front of the entire gym ruined him." Hoody started.

I rolled my eyes. "Nigga you always telling that weak ass story. It's really not that funny." I scoff.

"Somebody's mad." Genesis tease while pointing her finger in my face. She snickers as I tried taking her finger in my mouth. "Quit being nasty."

I chuckled, "Let's go get some food. I'm done here." I mutter while rubbing my stomach.

"Where you tryna go?" Jamal questions.

I smirk and pull at my goatee. "The best place to grab some seafood." Hoody and I shared a look.

"I'm calling him now." Hoody pulls out his phone as Jamal walks away to gather everyone else.

I took Genesis hand into mine as Rob led us out the front door and to the valet. I gave him my keys to drive my car and hopped into Pat's truck. Being me, Genesis, Jodi and EJ on the third row, then Hoody, Mijo, and Monica with TJ in the passenger seat. We led in the black SUV with Jamal and Rob following in the lambo.

"Where are we going?" Genesis turned to me while reading the time; 12:47 a.m.

"It's this shack I used to go to all the time before moving to Cali." I informed.

The restaurant was only forty minutes from our location. Since Hoody had already called the owner to stay open for us, I decided to visit a few old stomping grounds.

"Aye, Pat pull over." I called out twenty minutes into the ride. "We'll meet you on the next block."

"Um, are we about to walk? 'Cause I got on YSL pumps." Monica sighs.

"Then stay in the car." Genesis spat.

I chuckled as we got out at a bus stop right before what used to be a shopping center. We were in a middle of an urban area where trash laid on the side walk and out on the grass. The houses and buildings looked all of 80 years old and no one bothered to even renovate.

This place took me back to whenever I first got signed and the first thing we did was move to New York.

"I was this country boy in the big city, and somehow me and my mama found this place more like home." I explained while pointing at a old apartment complex.

"Instead of moving somewhere worth millions, you wanted something simple." Genesis mentions while wrapping her arm around my torso.

"Damn, we stayed over here day and night!" TJ exclaims pointing at a basketball court causing me to chuckle.

Considering that it was night out and the area had little to any street lights, I was comfortable walking the streets. It wasn't like people were out in the streets and being as it's going on midnight, only a few cars drove by.

"Always on the court yet only one of y'all can actually play." EJ coughed, the guys quickly flicked him off.

"Ohh, that was dirty E." Genesis laughs as I tighten my hold around her body as we crossed the street.

I took her down the main streets I constantly walked on. It was during a small time frame between releasing my first song and first album. I was still a thirteen year old kid running the streets, stealing from corner stores trying so hard to be cool.

After walking around, we got to Benny's just in time and ordered almost everything in the menu.

"Y'all always knew how to run me dry." Benny smiles while placing his hand on his hips.

"I really appreciate you for this, B." I thanked him.

Throughout the years, my family and I ate here often. Benny was always the type to get to know his customers personally. During our first few weeks here, Benny was the nicest and actually cared about our settling. Each time I mention it to him he always blames it on his southern hospitality being as he's from Georgia.

"You know I gotchu for anything, brotha. Just don't forget about me when you start winning them Grammys. I know it's coming." He nudges me.

"Soon too." Genesis winks. I chuckled.

"Mijo, I'ma chop your hand off if you bring those chubby chasers over here again and steal another leg!" EJ exclaims snatching a crab leg from Mijo's plate.

"Relax." Mijo waved him off.

"I don't even understand how y'all are doing this." Jodi frowned as she struggled to pick at the crab claws.

Me and the guys practically had crab shells covering our plates with bowls full of garlic butter. Crab legs were basically our go to comfort food. One of the best feelings in the world is cracking crabs and gaining a whole piece of meat in return.

"That's because woman care too much about being cute or breaking a nail, y'all never crack a crab right." TJ protested causing Jodi, Genesis and Monica to scoff.

"Okay, let's not get sexist." Monica growls.

"Pass me one, babe." Genesis spat while sliding her shrimp platter to the side.

I furrowed my eyebrows in amusement while breaking off a leg and passing it to her. We all watched as Genesis cracked each piece, while pulling out perfect pieces of crab meat. She placed the largest piece in her mouth and held it to the side while cracking it with her teeth. She bit down a couple times until the familiar pop before she peeled the shell revealing the perfect part of a leg.

"Wife her." Mijo coughs, I snickered.

"I like the way you handle meat." Hoody smirks.

"Me too." I grinned with my eyebrows raised.

"Shut up." Genesis laughs while dipping her crab into my garlic butter and glaring over
at TJ. "You were saying?"

"Bitch." EJ barks.

TJ smacks his lips as the table erupts in laughter. I shook my head and reached for my phone that went off in my pants pocket. I knitted my eyebrows together being as I had messages and emails from both my manager and my label.

Mike
There's a video being leaked in the morning. Call me ASAP so we can get around this.

********
Thank you guys for the patience and the love ❤️, and my week of vacation is officially over and I'm feeling way better.

Hey, if anyone wants to make me a cover it'll be deeply appreciate ❤️😊. Because I suck 😭 (and yes the cover now is my edit). So, LMK!!!

Also I'm hearing some tea that Ammika was around the whole time during rehearsals with Serayah 😒. Bro somebody please tell me how she keeps sticking around, asking for a friend 💀.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

544K 9.5K 48
Apparently the more you hide your feelings for someone the more you fall for them.
2.4K 59 21
A girl that meets her boyfriend at a club and has a one night stand with him and falls in love and just wishes nothing goes bad between them two beca...
87.5K 2.5K 119
Is she too damaged to ever trust and love again or does this dark haired stranger rewrite the stars.
25.7K 1K 33
🇯🇲 Meet Amari Osaka Her family is pretty much Jamaican royalty, however she wants to live an almost normal hard working life, so she moves to Amer...