Beneath a Liar (Oumasai) [Dis...

By bbymikan

All anyone ever sees in Kokichi Ouma is a liar. Nobody gets to know him and nobody wants too, that is, everyo... More

Part 1: Intruder
Part 2: Confusion and Despair
Part 3:Trials in Life
Part 4: Midnight Snack
Part 5: An Avocado's Death
Part 6: Time to Investigate...
Part 7: Please Explain
Part 8: Clear His Name
Part 9: Despair...
Part 11: Bad Dream
Part 12: Motive Videos
Part 13: Insect Meet and Greet
Part 14: Magic Show Gone Horribly Wrong
Part 15: Choking
Part 16: Dancing Trough the Pain
Part 17: Do You Really Love Me?
Part 18: Panic Attacks and Surprises
Part 19: Seances and Evil Floorboards
Part 20: Painful Memories
Part 21: Painful Plans
Part 22: Virtual Crimes
Part 23: It's my fault
Part 24: Wtf Kokichi
Part 25: Mastermind?...
Part 26: ...or Remnant?
Part 27: Uncertainty
Part 28: "Failed" Execution
Part 29: The Rules.
Sorry and Thankyou (authors note)

Part 10: Missing

5.1K 189 633
By bbymikan

(Shuichi's POV)

I stand there shocked, trying to comprehend what just happened. Kokichi... kissed me? As the shock wears off I head back to my room to think. Kokichi kissed me. I realize that I... liked it? Only now do I realize how bad I had wanted to kiss him. Dammit, why didn't I? I guess I was too shocked to think or do anything.

Eventually I fall into a dreamless sleep. In the morning I wake up to a knock on the door. Drowsily I open the door to see Kaito. He walks with me to breakfast and talks about how we should start training together. I walk into the dining hall and everyone is surprised to see that I'm not wearing my hat. Kokichi isn't there yet so I eat my breakfast.

"Everyone! Gonta found something!" Gonta shouts to the room.

"What is it?" Tenko asks.

"Well, Gonta was walking around when suddenly he finds rock with strange writing. It says, 'horse a.' Gonta not know what it means."

"Huh, that's weird." Kaito says. "Probably just a prank or something."

Gonta sighs. "Guess so, but Gonta thought it maybe important, so Gonta tell everyone."

Everyone finishes breakfast and leaves. Kokichi still hasn't shown up, maybe he's exploring the new places? I explore the new places looking for Kokichi. In the end he's still missing. I look around the campus some more before giving up and going to my room. I read for a while before going to look for Kokichi again.

I knock on his door. When theres no answer I open the door. Upon entering the room I notice the cameras and other things from the recent murder case. I also notice a bulletin board covered with pictures. Kaede's picture is next to Rantaro's, separate from the rest. Next to Monokubs picture the word 'annoying' is written. I look at mine to see the word 'trustworthy?' written. I then notice that the question mark is scribbled out and replaced with a period. I look around the rest of the room to see multiple pairs of Kokichi's clothes in a pile. Why aren't they in his closet? I look at his closet and make my way towards it.

I open the door and freeze in fear. Laying there is Kokichi's lifeless body. His head, hands, and knee are covered in blood. I stifle a sob and fall to my knees.

This can't be happening. It's just a nightmare. It has to be. Kokichi's face, once smiling with glee... is now covered in blood. I sit there sobbing. I can't stop even if I want to. The image of Kokichi's smiling face slowly fades away.

After a while of sobbing I just sit there, a numb feeling spreading through me. I then realize that in such a short amount of time I had gotten so attached to the purple haired boy. It almost hurts realizing how much he meant to me.

I look at his pale body. Suddenly, newfound determination fills my body. I have to do this. In order to find Kokichi's killer I have to... investigate his... body. I look at the scene of the crime. I notice something that I hadn't before, the closet doors, covered in scratches. There are two parts where the closet doors are partly broken and faint traces of blood coat the closet doors. I then look at Kokichi. There is a big gash on his head, which is covered in blood. I look at his legs and see one of his knees covered in blood. Lastly, I look at his hands. They are covered in blood and his nails are bloody and broken. I look at the scratch marks on the closet doors then back to Kokichi's hands. Did he try scratching at the closet door to break out? If so, why? What could have possibly been in the closet that would make him that desperate to escape?

I break into tears again. I hold Kokichi's bloody hands and lean down to hug his lifeless body. Kokichi hugs me back then I realize it was just a hallucination. "Shuichi? What's wrong?" I hear his voice crystal clear. It's too real. I open my eyes and realize that it wasn't a hallucination. Kokichi stares at me, seemingly oblivious to the blood covering his face.

"Kokichi!" I hug him even harder. I can't let go. Even if this is a dream, I can't let go of him or I could lose him again.

"What's wro- Ow!"

"Kokichi! Are you okay?" He sits up, still laying in my arms.

"Yeah, I'm fine just bumped my knee. But more importantly, what the hell is going on?"

"I-I thought you were dead! Kokichi what happened?" I wipe my tears on my sleeve.

"I don't know! That's why I'm asking you!" He shouts confused.

"You mean you don't remember anything?"

He looks around the closet at his injuries and the closet doors. His face goes pale. "Oh."

"Oh? What does 'Oh' mean?" I shout worried.

"I remember mostly..." He stares a t the scratch marks on the closet doors. "I was in my room when someone grabbed me from behind and put a handkerchief over my mouth. Then I woke up in the closet." He traces his fingers over the scratch marks.

"Chloroform." I mutter quietly. "Then what happened? Why were you trying so hard to get out? Was there something in there with you?" Kokichi's face goes blank. "You can tell me."

"I'm... a little claustrophobic."

"Really?" I ask surprised.

"Well, not exactly, If theres light then I really don't mind but if it's pitch black, like a closet..." His trails off.

"Oh." After a moment of silence I speak again. "And why is the closet partly broken?"

"Well, I tried clawing at the door. I was trying everything to get out so I slammed my knee against the door. When that didn't work I bashed my head against the door... I guess that knocked me out..." Kokichi awkwardly tries to stand. I help him up and we walk to his bed. We sit in silence for a minute. I look over at his desk and see an letter.

"What's that?" I start to stand but get pushed back down by Kokichi. He runs over and hugs the letter to his chest.

"N-Nothing!" His reaction immediately makes me suspicious. I walk over and try to grab it. "Really! Its nothing!"

"Then I can see it?"

"No!" Kokichi yells. "I-I mean, it's just loose paper anyways..." I grab the letter from his hands and dangle it over my head. Kokichi jumps up trying to get the letter. I feel bad using my height to my advantage but the letter seems to be important.

Dear Kokichi,

I need you to do me a little favor. Could you stop investigating the mastermind? That would be great. It would be a shame if something were to happen to your loved one. You know who I'm taking about. It would be something bad, maybe bloody... If you don't believe I'm capable of hurting them then why don't I give you a taste for yourself, just a taste of what I'm capable of. Oh, and it would be a shame if anyone saw this letter, that would certainly result in something bloody...

Sincerely, Anonymous.

I drop the letter shocked. Kokichi has given up trying to get the letter and is sobbing into my arms. I hug him. "Why didn't you just tell me?"

"Because of that damn letter!"

"I'm sorry Kokichi, I didn't know..." I stroke his hair soothingly. We stay silent. "I guess I should go to my room..." I turn to walk to the door.

"No!" Kokichi grabs my hand. "Please don't leave, I'm... scared."

"Okay I'll stay. I won't let anyone hurt you."

"No, I'm not scared of that, I'm scared for you. You read the letter, who knows what could happen to you." he frowns.

"The letter said it would hurt your loved one, not me." I say. Kokichi stares at me, saying nothing. Finally it sinks in. "Oh." I'm his loved one.

"Yeah." he says quietly.

We spend the short remainder of the day chatting and avoiding the topic of Kokichi's near-death experience. Eventually the nighttime announcement plays and we go to bed. We both lie down on Kokichi's bed and try to fall asleep. After a few minutes Kokichi falls asleep exhausted. After the long day all I want to do is fall asleep in Kokichi's arms. Still, I just lie next to him. I look at Kokichi's face. He's sweating bullets and his fists are balled up. His face is clouded with fear and his eyebrows are furrowed. He must be having a nightmare, I feel bad. I kiss him lightly on the forehead and he stops shaking. Eventually I fall asleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.8K 233 22
⚠️ THERE MAY BE DANGANRONPA V3 GAME SPOILERS ⚠️ Two guys, one different from the other. An eccentric, extroverted, too direct one is full of energy...
190K 5.8K 61
||NON TOXIC pregame oumasai|| (Part 1 of my saiouma trilogy) (Part 2 is "broken lies and lovely truths"-ingame saiouma) Shuichi is perceived as "that...
19.6K 718 21
"Have you heard of Shuichi Saihara of the flower shop next door? He might be cute, but he is such a crybaby! I also heard that he talks to flowers, i...
102K 3.1K 25
Shuichi Saihara, the Ultimate Detective, wakes up in a locker one day. He soon finds out he's at the Ultimate Academy for gifted juveniles with 15 ot...