An Unexpected Love

By anisas_notes

*edited* Aliza Potter (twin sister of James Potter) is starting her first year at Hogwarts after being expell... More

Grey eyes
Lily Evans
Sirius Black
Shut up brain
The Deal
Amortentia
Hogsmeade
Hogsmeade/The Letter
Snivellous
Expecto Patronum
The Dog and the Bitch
Damn Detention!
Let the Holidays Begin!
Black Manor
Dinner Party?
A rude awakening
Diagon Alley
Christmas
Christmas Ball
A/N
You love me?
Open your eyes
New Beginnings
The furry little problem
The Forbbiden Forest
Dumbledore's Office
The Order of the Phoenix
Here comes the Bride
AN
Auror Training
A Dramatic Change of Events
Malfoy Manor
(Another) AN
Help is always appreciated
Choices
Compromising
Keeping up with the Black brothers
Forgiveness
Wattys 2019!!!!!
Four years Later
~Sequel~

People change

2.1K 59 24
By anisas_notes

Aliza POV
We all returned back to the Auruor camp filled with bliss.
"What took you lot so long?" Sirius laughed.
"Shut up and be grateful!" James growls back at him playfully.
"How did you even know where to find us?" I ask.
"Peter said you mentioned it just before you left." Lily replied.
"I did?" I question myself.
"I know, I'm pretty sure you didn't say anything." Lily whispers back.
"That kid is extremely peculiar..."

After catching up, we all made our way back to Moody's office to *thank him for all his help.
"Hey where is everyone?" Remus asks.

"Where the hell have you been!" An angry Moody yells.
"We-"
"I don't want excuses. Are you idiots blind! Look around"

We do as we're told and take a look around the camp. My eyes travel around to see everything completely disordered. I could see a residue of black smoke.... Death Eaters.

"While you lot were off frolicking, we were left here with the A.I.T's trying to fend for ourselves."

All of us broke into a deadly silence, I could tell everyone was guilty.
I opened my mouth to apologise but nothing came out.

"What happened." Sirius asked.
"The death eaters came and tore this place apart, when they realised you had left. Kingsley and I tried to rally the auror's together and protect them, but nobody was there to protect us." Moody replied a little more calmly.
"Is Kingsely...."
"He's fine, just a bit shaken, but he'll be fine."
"Mad-eye we are so sorry." I apologise whilst getting teary.
"Yeah well, what's done is done."
"Is everyone else alright?" Lily asked.

Mad-eye looked at us with no emotion, but he looked down to his feet and began to shake his head.

"....Who?" Was all I could muster out.
"McKinnon."

What No, Marlene? I had just saved her from the death eaters. I looked over to Remus who's lip was quivering, he turned around and began to walk away.

"She's was in so much when she first faced the death eaters that she couldn't handle it a second time. They torchered her too much and we tried, I tried.... I've never lost an auror."
"Don't worry Mad-eye, you did everything you could." Lily hushed.
"I'll never let that happen again. And I hope you won't either." He turns and starts stumbling off.

I look at Lily with tears in my eyes, as she does the same to me. I pull her into a hug hoping to gain comfort.
Wiping the tears away I turn to my husband who looked like he saw a ghost.

"Sirius?"
"I saw Marlene before we switched back. I kept pushing her for answers. I didn't know that she had been torchered. I thought she was just being dramatic and a little loony."
"What are you trying to say?"
"I think I.... i think I killed Marlene."
"Sirius, no matter how tough you are, I don't believe that you could never kill someone."
"But I," he began to break down into tears.
"Sirius you didn't kill Marlene. The death eaters did. But as Moody said, what's done is done."
"Gee thanks Ali." He said sarcastically.

I tried to hug him but he edged away from me.

"Ali I don't think you should be around me."
"Sirius don't be stupid."
"Fine, but I think I need some space."
"Oh ok." I say slowly backing away. " I guess I'll just go and find Remus."

My eyes began to slightly water but I brushed it off. Then I started scanning the area. Then I hear the sound of a whimpering puppy behind one of the trees. I go to investigate and find who I was looking for.

"Remus I know you're upset. But things will get better."
"Will they Ali? Because it is hard enough finding someone who'll love me and accept me for the monster I am. Now that she's gone.... its all my fault." He continued to weep.
"Remus you aren't a monster. And it's not your fault at all."
"You're right Ali. It's all your fault!" He shouts.

My eyes widen with shock and guilt. My fault?

"If you hadn't gone off to find Sirius in the first place. We would never have followed. I should have been here to protect the camp, to protect her!"
"Remus I-"
"You think you're so special how you waltzed into Hogwarts and started meddling with people's lives. And people's love lives. Lilys, James, Sirius', mine! Everything was fine before you came, no drama. And now because of you Marlene's dead!"
"Remus I-I-I'm sorry. I'm so sorry."
"Just leave me alone." He brushes me off.

I turn to transform into my animagus then run. Not caring where or who I may encounter.

I passed the through the silent night and ran through the purple valley. The voices of all those mourning souls haunted as I leaped into the ghostly night.

Finally I came to a halt and collapsed by a lake and began flooding it with my tears.

"I suppose this is my fault. If I hadn't come to Hogwarts in the first place, I wouldn't have caused everyone all this pain." I sob, hugging my knees.
"Don't say that." An ominous voice answered.

I look up and hear branches snap behind me. Pulling out my wand, I rise up in a stance, ready to attack.
"Lumos." The light faintly reveals a silhouette.
"Petrificus Totalus." I shoot the spell but it is deflected with a swift movement.
"Is that any way to greet your brother-in-law."
"Reguluus." I say a little shocked. "What the hell are you doing here?"
"Same as you I reckon. To release whatever's bottled up inside." He says sitting beside me even though I'm still pointing my wand at him.
"Why would you think I was doing that." I say lowering my wand.
"Well you aren't off doing it with my brother. In fact you're extremely far away from him, he's probably putting on his prince charming act and trying to find you."
"Yeah well." I chuckle slightly. " I don't think anyone wants to see me right now. This week's been seriously messed up."
"Pray tell."
"Would you like the short or long version?"
"I'm not in a rush to do anything."
"Well..."

I tell Reguluus all about how Sirius and I switch bodies and then how I saved Marlene but then ended getting taken myself.  As time passed laughs were shared and tears were shed until it led up to the most recent event.

"Wow he really said that?"
"Yeah."
"Isn't he like your best friend."
"I thought he was."
"I say, don't let it get to your head. His girl just died he's going to get a little frisky."
"I guess."
"And what he said is total bull."
"No it's true. I did medel, especially with Lily and James. I just need to know when to get involved and when to put out that fire. Remus was right, this is all my fault."
"Are you kidding. If you hadn't come to Hogwarts you wouldn't have kept my brother on his toes and taught him a lesson. He would have never had found true love. The same for Potter and Evans, that wouldn't of happened without you. Even Lupin, he and McKinnon, the idea would never have remotely been thought of without you. Basically, a lot have people have benefited from your arrival at Hogwarts, including you. So I guess its your fault that all these people are happy. Give yourself some credit."
"For a Gryffindor-loathing Slytherin, you sure do know a lot about us." I laugh.
"Pretty difficult not to know anything when you guys were the talk of the school. Plus, people change." He replied sheepishly.
"But thank you. Thank you for that. I actually feel a lot better. You're as good as Sirius."
"What can I say, it runs in the family."
"So does cockiness." I reply shaking my head.

As I look back up to meet his eyes, I can see something in them. A flicker of mischief and a glint of lust. He starts leaning in towards me, I do nothing. As he is barely inches from my face, I begin to lean in. Just as our lips were about to touch, I place my finger on his lips.

"I'm two years older than you and married to your brother."
"That's never stopped me before." He says thrusting himself at me but I quickly dodge him.
"Nice try kiddo." I pat his head.
"It was worth the try."
"Aw, does little Reg have a crush?" I coo.
"No." He says turning red.
"Don't worry about it. Hey do you know where we are?"
"No not really. I think it's a muggle park."
"Great now we're lost."
"You could come back to my place if you'd like."
"Ok, I'm not ready to face them all yet."
"Ok, hold on tight."
"I'd rather not actually."
"Your loss."
"You need to get over this crush you have on me." I say ruffling his hair.
"I do not have a crush on you!" He shouted as we apparated out of the park.

Hi Wattpadd
I hope you liked this chapter. Stuff was said, people died, but laughs were shared. And I bet you didn't see Reguluus coming. Can someone please tell me if I'm spelling his name right.

Also vote if you enjoyed this chapter or even if you like this story. I would really appreciate it. Just like I appreciate over 10.5k reads!!! Thank you all so much, you are all amazing people.

Keep Redaing
xxx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

180 17 17
James Potter's twin, Ali, accidentally manages to get herself stuck with her nephew who can't seem to keep himself out of trouble. Can she help him d...
290K 7.7K 48
Ruby Snape vowed to protect her younger twin brother to the very end, but when he goes to Hogwarts, she is stuck at home, despite being a witch. Now...
4.1K 136 18
Y/n Potter, the twin sister of James, has always been seen by Hogwarts as 'the fifth marauder.' As the well known rivalry between Slytherin and Gryff...
2.3K 101 23
"Oh, come on, it's fine. It's just a kiss," Sirius ceased. "No, it is not! You just told me you are in love with somebody else," she argued, "and...a...