Love After the Streets

By _jasthewriter

You can take the man out the hood, but you can't take the hood out the man. Every time we're trying to do bet... More

1.) Welcome Back
2.) Withdrawal
3.) Yearning
4.) Lovers lane
5.)
7.) Enjoy The Ride
8.) Don
9.) Dirty Delta
10.) Almost
11.) Walking Dead?
12.) Meet Again
13.) Take It Slow
14.) Memory what?
15.) Breathe Again
16.) Best Friend
17.) And so it begins
18.) San man
19.)
20.) Be Love
21.) Letting it out pt.1
22.) Letting it out pt.2
23.) War Pretest
24.) Little detailed
25.)
26.) OGs?
27.) What's tea?
28.) Invites
29.) Special Delivery
30.) Week 1
31.)
32.) Skylar
33.)
34.) Flashback...
35.)
36.)
37.)
38.)
39.)
40.)
Chapter 41.)
Chapter 42.)
Chapter 43.) August...
Chapter 44.) Many years ago
Chapter 45.) August 1993
Chapter 46.) Dive a Little Deeper

6.) The Meeting

3.6K 150 91
By _jasthewriter

OMNISCIENT
April 2nd, Columbia

"We meet again yeah?" Sebastián spoke walking into the room. "Long time no see." Nell spoke slapping hands with him.

"No women?"

"Nah, dis men talk." August replied and Sebastián looked over at Nate. "How were the sales?"

"Exceeded da goal if ya ask mi." Nate replied, nodding, Sebastián offered them some Cuban cigars but they declined.

"We're jus here for business." Nell reminded.

"Ah ok, so are we signing a new deal?" He asked taking a seat and lit his cigar.

"Bruh you know we're here to collect our final earnings. You were good business, but dis is it for us." August told him slightly agitated.

"Just one more year? At least give me six more months, you men brought in so much money for me." He begged and the guys just shook their heads.

"We spoke about dis two weeks ago, we're done with dis lifestyle." Nell said. "I thought you loved it? The money? The fast life? You don't want it anymore?" Sebastián asked.

"I think dís nigga hard at hearing." Nate spoke then shook his head.

"Pardon?"

"I said I think you are hard at hearing." Nate repeated more slower and Nell and August chuckled.

"Relax woe." August mumbled.

Kissing his teeth, Nate leaned back and stared at Sebastián.

"Ok fine, fine, a deals a deal." Sebastián said reaching inside the drawer and pulled out the envelope.

Sliding it across the table, Nell pulled the files out and handed them to August and Nate.

"If you guys ever do decide to come back, my offer still stands." He announced. "We're not backtracking Sebastián, we got family and better opportunities now. We're not out he's trying to take prison chances anymore, dat shit deadball." August stressed as he signed his name then slid the paper to Nate for him to read.

Nate slid August his file and August read his over as well.

"Who said you will go to prison? I wouldn't do that to my best distributors." Sebastián defended and Nell chuckled shaking his head.

Ignoring him, August looked over Nell's file as well.

Once they saw that theirs were the same and there weren't any shadiness going on, they signed each paper then slid it back to him.

Sebastián slid them the paperwork with their final earnings on it followed by a woman walking in with 3 white briefcases.

"As a man of my word, I'm sending you all off with three million each, hopefully we'll run into one another in the future." He spoke as August them used the money counter to count the money and make sure it was legit.

Since Sebastián got them the last time, they've been extra cautious of him.

"This is it huh?" He asked.

"This is it." The guys said still watching the money being counted.

Smiling slightly, Sebastián puffed on his cigar and stared at the men.

Losing them will bring his business down 20%.

He just hoped that they would have a change of hurt soon, they brought in his top profit and for that he would forever be grateful.

**

SKY'S & TRINA QUEST TO BEAUTY
April 3rd

"You know what I think we should start doing as a community?" Q asked as he braided his client hair.

"What?" They responded. "We should start having charity events or something like food or toy drives to give back." He suggested.

"Da boys already been on dat." Trina informed. "Well, shit why am I da last to know?"

"Because yo ass been taking flights." Loren reminded.

"Catch flights not feelings trick." He stated then popped his gum.

The ladies laughed, "You and the photographer still a thing?" Sky asked.

"Friends, for now, I'm tryna mingle with a lot of people to find Mr. Right." He replied.

"As you should." Trina said.

"When are you gonna let us see your son?" Yaz asked. "I probably won't, I'll think about it." She answered and Q and Sky laughed.

They were all private lately, since the club fight and the Simon situation.

So if you weren't family or close friends, they only knew what they were allowed.

"You don't even post pictures of him on your Instagram."

"Instagram don't gotta know my every damn move. See thas da pro'lem wit folks nowadays." Trina said and everyone stared at her.

"First thing when y'all wake up, y'all post a picture or scroll online, with yo face ashy, breath stank, bladder full and no praise to God. Every blessing y'all get, y'all post but cry when something goes wrong or when you lose a friend. Everything don't gotta be on da internet, and when y'all realize dat, you'll live better." She preached and Sky and Q clapped.

"Well I feel highly attacked." Loren spoke and Trina laughed.

"If da shoe fits wear it boo, just make sure you change it." Sky added.

"You post pictures of you and August though." Yaz said and Q laughed. "She post pictures dat y'all already saw. All da new photos she waits a month or few weeks later before she post it." Q announced.

"I guess you do da same huh?" They asked looking at Trina.

"Too many crazy folks out there." Trina answered with a shrug. "Y'all got me wanting to change my life." Loren laughed.

"Don't do it for us, do it for you." Q told her as he finished up with his client.

They spoke about the future of the Salon and potential new salon openings.

Hearing the bell chime, they turned towards the door and smiled at Jenna.

"Hey Mrs. Seals!" The ladies greeted, when Jenna started coming around a lot she began to tell the other girls stories about her late husband Nate Sr. and once they found out her last name they greeted her as if they were on Friday.

"Ladies." She spoke heading over towards Sky's waiting chair.

"You getting the usual today Auntie?" Sky asked putting the cover over her.

"You know it." She replied pulling out her phone to check in on Nate.

"Can we get another story about your husband?" Loren asked grinning and Q snickered.

"Y'all so nosy." Trina laughed. "I don't have a story for y'all today ladies, baby Nate kind of wants me to stop telling them." She announced and they all kissed their teeth.

"You da momma." Eliza spoke up and they busted out laughing.

"Mhm, indeed I am." She replied and they took that as their hint to leave it alone.

"You ever thought about growing your hair out?"

"I do, but then I end up cutting it again. I love the short look, it's either that or braids, but lately I've been sticking to the short look." She replied as she confirmed hers and Nate lunch.

"How's work mama J?" Q asked. "I helped a young girl get out of an abusive home and send off to a friend of mine."

"You never did tell us why you were so passionate about looking after kids." Loren said and Sky smirked.

"I just love kids and want the best for them." She spoke keeping it short.

"We need people like you out here, glad you're living out here permanently." Yaz said and Jenna smiled.

"Just going where the wind takes me..."

**

DONELL
Later that day

"I still can't believe yo ass a father, dis shit beyond me." August said as he tried to help lil man read.

"Nigga you know I talked about kids faithfully, I low key been tryna get Trina pregnant for a while now." I admitted and he chuckled.

"Her ass wasn't coming off dat birth control until you showed improvement." He cracked and I laughed tossing the pen cap at him.

"You stay wit da jokes, so annoying bruh." I laughed.

"Somebody gotta stay wit it, you changed to a whole different person since you had nephew." He said and I kissed my teeth.

"How nigga?" I asked.

"Because you barely wanna kick it late anymore, or your ass always talking bout some "Iono man, I gotta help T baby wit lil man." He mocked and I busted out laughing.

"Man fuck you, have a kid then you'll understand." I told him as I handed him the box of graham crackers.

"I got Bre and my nieces, they're all I need."

"Aight, so you know what fatherhood is like then." I replied. "I mean I guess, does it make you happier?" He asked giving Dayvon a piece of graham cracker.

"Yeah, lil man makes me just always wanna do good. Like if I fuck up that's my ass." I admitted and he chuckled.

"You feel like if you make a mistake you'll disappoint him?" He asked and I nodded.

"I already don't wanna do anything to let T down, now dat we have a son and planning our wedding, I'm just, I guess I'm walking on my own white line of perfection." I explained.

"I heard dat." He said handing Day another Graham cracker.

"You enjoy dat lil getaway wit lil Harlem?" I asked taking Dayvon from him.

"All I'ma say, I pray da Lord forgives me." He said and we both laughed.

"Yo nasty ass." I laughed shoving him and he laughed harder.

"How you know I was being nasty?" He asked and I chuckled giving him a look.

"I know you lil bruh, you're always nasty." I reminded and he chuckled pulling out his phone.

"Man you're assuming." He replied reading a text, I assumed was from Sky.

"I know you like da back of my hand Aug, I'm always right."

**

CHANDRA & THE GIRLS
That evening

"When are we gonna go on another trip?" Chaylin asked as she checked the gumbo.

"I'm not sure Chay, you would have to ask your Uncles." Chandra replied as she helped Kayden make the mango smoothie.

"I liked Jamaica, I wanna go againnn." Amaiya whined and the girls nodded in agreement.

"I did too, hopefully we can go for da summer." Chandra said as she glanced over at Chaylin.

"Don't stick dat spoon back in there." She scolded seeing that she was about to dip it back into the pot after she put her mouth on it.

"I see people do it on tv all the time." She said putting it in the sink and Chandra laughed shaking her head.

"That's not what you're supposed to do, everyone has to eat dat and they spread germs doing dat nasty mess." She stressed pointing to the drawer to get out the other wooden spoon.

"How come nobody says anything then?" Chay questioned.

"Because they think it's normal."

"But it's really nasty?" The girls asked and she nodded.

"What if I'm cooking for myself?" Chay asked.

"Then you can do it, but if you're cooking for other people, don't." She told her and Chay and then girls nodded.

"Is Dayvon our cousin now?" Kayden asked handing Chandra the ice.

"Not by blood, but yeah." She answered. "So if Sky is our Aunt in law is baby Nate our Uncle in law?" They asked and Chandra laughed.

"Y'all ask a lot of questions." She said pouring the smoothie into the glasses.

"But yeah, if August and her were to get married then yes dat would be valid." She told them and they smiled.

"I think you should get a new boyfriend, I think daddy will be ok with it." Chaylin announced and Chandra stared at the photo of Mel on the fridge for a moment.

"I don't think I should." She mumbled wiping the counter down.

"Why not? We know who are daddy is, but we want you to be happy like Uncle August them, you don't have to be sad anymore." They told her and she smiled softly.

"I'm not sad girls." She assured.

"Yes huh mommy." They spoke in union and she laughed.

"I just need time."

**

MARCUS
8:45 that night

"Can I talk you lil mama?" I asked Niy once she climbed in bed after saying her prayer. "Yeah, did I do something wrong?" She asked and I laughed shaking my head.

Walking into her room, I cracked her bedroom door some and sat on the side of it tucking her in.

"I have two question to ask you ok?" I asked and she nodded hugging her bear.

"Ok well maybe three." I corrected and she laughed.

"First question is, how do you feel about me dating your mom?" I asked.

"I like it, she's happy and you make me happy." She answered and I smiled. "Do you trust me?" I asked.

"Yes, more than the other guy." She said mumbling the last part.

"I don't know why mommy wants me to call him my daddy because he's not." She mumbled then pouted.

"It's just a respect thing with her I guess."

"How would you feel if I wanted you and your mom to move in with me?" I asked and she stared at me for a moment.

"Really?" She asked and I chuckled nodding.

"Yeah, I know I'm always over here, or y'all always over my place, but I've been doing some renovating lately for y'all and I would like it if y'all stayed with me." I told her and she smiled.

"That'd be awesome!" She beamed.

"Positive?" I asked and she nodded quickly making me chuckled.

"Ok, what if your mommy and I wanted to have another you... would you be ok with dat?" I questioned staring at her closely and she tapped her chin.

"Like a baby?"

"Yup." I answered.

"You want a baby with my mom?" She asked as if I was being funny.

Chuckling, I nodded and she snickered.

"Does she want to?" She asked.

"If it's ok with you." I told her.

"Can I think about it? Just for a little?" She asked and I nodded.

"Ok, I just need some time to think." She said and I chuckled understanding.

"Do you want to marry her?" She asked turning on her side. "I plan on it, how should I do it?" I asked.

"Cute." She answered and I laughed.

"That's all you got for me? Just cute?" I asked and she giggled.

"It's all I can think about it, I'm tired." She said and I laughed.

"Ok, I'll let you get some sleep, but we can finish dis later aight?"

"Ok, Goodnight." She spoke rubbing at her eye.

"Goodnight lil mama." I replied placing a kiss on her forehead.

"Lights on or off?" I asked. "On until four." She answered and I nodded, she was afraid of the dark and every night Ash or I had to come in at the given time to cut the lights out.

"Hey, crazy man?" She called and I smirked looking over at her.

"I love you." She said.

Smiling, I stared at her for a moment.

"I love you lil mama, Goodnight."

*
*
*

👀Thoughts? How we feel?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

314K 11.3K 58
Growing up motherless wasn't always what the 18-year-old Tanya Moore would've dreamt of. Life had a funny way of doing things ya know? It was bad eno...
270K 7.2K 31
"Ain't no reason to aim wit out a bullet" . Please Vote & Comment ! Especially comment cause I love reading y'all thought process & jokes so be free...
18.5K 1.3K 24
"Where the hustle brings the dollar." In a city full of money, sex, and drugs..you will get swallowed whole. In Amir Brooks and Asshir Robinson's per...
4.1K 142 14
- ๐“๐ก๐ซ๐จ๐ฎ๐ ๐ก ๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ฌ๐œ๐ซ๐ž๐š๐ฆ๐ข๐ง๐ , ๐š๐ซ๐ ๐ฎ๐ข๐ง๐ , ๐›๐ซ๐จ๐ค๐ž๐ง ๐ ๐ฅ๐š๐ฌ๐ฌ๐ž๐ฌ, ๐š๐ง๐ ๐ก๐ฎ๐ซ๐ญ๐Ÿ๐ฎ๐ฅ ๐ฐ๐จ๐ซ๐๐ฌ.. ๐“๐ก๐ž๐ฌ๐ž ๐ญ๐ฐ๐จ...