You Are My Stars - Tododeku

By chippakeet

When Midoriya notices how detached Todoroki is as soon as the holidays hit the UA dorms, he makes it a person... More

Day 1: Dormcember
Day 2: Present Mic's Announcement
Day 3: All Might's Secret
Day 4: Todoroki's Advice
Day 5: Uraraka's Confession
Day 6: Kacchan's Torment
Day 7: Rhythm
Day 8: Confrontation
Day 9: Time
Day 10: Reveal
Day 11: Blizzard
Day 12: Snowed In
Day 14: Unlocked
Day 15: A Test of Bravery
Day 16: The End
Day 17: Realization
Day 18: Definitely
Day 19: Snapped
Day 20: Their Secret
Day 21: Jirou's Gift
Day 22: A Flurry of Feelings
Day 23: MisEri
Important Message
Day 24: A Wild Rose
Day 25: Sun, Moon, and Stars

Day 13: A Visit With Inko

11.1K 409 907
By chippakeet

December 13th

Today, the snow had completely dissipated from the sky. All that marked the blizzard occuring was the mounds of snow shovelled to the sides of the streets.

Todoroki and Midoriya found a train that could take them to the school at 9:45 AM, which was very convenient. They might be late, but they’d actually be there.

They woke up around 9:00 AM, and ate breakfast down in the lobby. They arrived at the station just as the train showed up, which was pretty lucky.

Midoriya felt like he couldn’t stop touching Todoroki. There wasn’t a single time today where they hadn’t been brushing fingers, or holding hands. It wasn’t embarrassing to think about what had happened between them the night before, but Midoriya’s heart would race whenever he thought about it. It was a side of Todoroki that he hadn’t seen at all.

Todoroki wasn’t able to control his flames at the time, so there were several burn marks on Midoriya’s chest. Todoroki had been apologizing profusely, but Midoriya just assured him that it wasn’t anything to worry about, because he knew it was all accidental.

On the train ride back, Midoriya and Todoroki had both their arms wound tightly around each other. Midoriya was feeling really sleepy still, due to the fact that he had broken his sleeping schedule two times in a row.

He was especially dreading school, because he’d have to take off his All Might hoodie. They’d have to wear their U.A. uniforms. While Midoriya loved wearing his uniform, he wanted to keep his hoodie on, as it was a gift from Todoroki.

Nosing into Todoroki’s shoulder, he murmured, “We’re gonna have to separate at school.”

Todoroki nodded in confirmation. “That may be true, but we do eat lunch together,” he reminded him. “It’s not the worst thing to happen.” He rested his head against Midoriya’s.

“I know. We also get to go back to the dorms. We might have a lot of homework to catch up on, too. You should come to my room after classes and we can work on it together,” Midoriya suggested, smiling to himself at his own idea. He wasn’t gonna lie, it all fell together perfectly.

“That might not go as you hope. You still have All Might, who will definitely want to see you. Then there’s Uraraka and Iida. There are more people who care about you than you think. You never miss school.”

It dawned on Midoriya right then. He hadn’t checked his phone for any messages whatsoever, since he hadn’t ever thought about using it these past couple days. His mother was most likely dead at this point because of all of her stress and worry over him.

He opened his phone, and sure enough, he had 173 texts from twenty two different contacts.

Pressing his phone to his ear, he called his mom right away. His mother wasn’t typically the kind to get angry, so he wasn’t worried about her answering the phone with pure hostility. He wasn’t counting on Inko feeling too happy, though.

The other end was picked up just after one prolonged ring. “Izuku! Are you okay? You had me worried sick!”

It was evident that she might’ve been crying, because her voice was projected in a much higher pitch.

This made Izuku’s heart wallow in its own guilt. “Yes, mom, I’m okay. I promise you. I wasn’t in any danger at all.”

“What happened? Was Kacchan with you? Mr. Aizawa only filled me in on a little bit. He said that you were with another student and you were residing in a hotel until the storm ended. Please tell me that this was a nice kid that you were with!”

“I was with someone close to me. His name is Shouto Todoroki.” Midoriya wasn’t prepared to tell her about his relationship with Todoroki yet. He was a little scared as to how she’d react. She did know about Uraraka at the time they were dating, and she was okay with it. A little too okay. She would bring Uraraka up in every conversation they shared, and embarrass Midoriya in front of the girl whenever she came to their house. Inko was a very sweet mother and all, but embarrassing Midoriya was her specialty.

“I think I’ve heard you bring him up a couple times. Well, I’m happy that you ended up with him out of anyone. Say hi to him for me!” You could practically hear the smile in Inko’s voice.

“I will. We’re taking the train back to U.A. right now. I promise I’ll come and say hi when I get back.”

“I miss you so much, please do visit. Bring Todoroki along with you too, I would like to meet him.”

Midoriya felt dread swerve back into his stomach. Already? He wanted to keep Todoroki and his mother as far apart as possible. What if Todoroki stopped liking him just because he met his mother?

Todoroki was close enough to be listening in on their phone call. “I’d love to meet your mother, Izuku.”

Izuku laughed, though it sounded more like he had just been threatened to laugh or else he’d get hurt if he didn’t. “Okay!”

Todoroki took the reigns on the phone call, since Midoriya was too busy shaking and muttering to properly talk. “Hello. I am Todoroki. Izuku needs a moment to calm down, so I would be more than happy to talk.”

Midoriya’s mother exploded with conversation, and Todoroki now understood the ‘the apple doesn’t fall far from the tree’ metaphor. So this was where Midoriya’s muttering came from.

“It’s so nice to talk to you, Todoroki! My name is Inko, and you’re more than welcome to call me that! How are you? How’s Izuku? Are you two holding up? Do I know your parents? When will you be back?” Inko babbled.

Todoroki received whiplash from all of the unexpected interrogation. He wasn’t sure which question to answer first, either. They all just kept coming, and at this point, he was sure that she wasn’t keeping track of her questions either. Still, he found this amusing, and kept listening.

Midoriya groped for his phone back, looking absolutely horrified that Todoroki was talking to his own mother, but Todoroki dodged each swing of his hand.

“Izuku is perfectly okay and unharmed,” he said instead. “We’ve just been indoors, talking and all. I’d love to come over, though. I’d like to talk to you in person.”

“Shouto!” Midoriya whimpered. “Don’t encourage her!”

Todoroki responded by running a hand over Midoriya’s hair, and presenting a soft kiss to his cheek. There was a pause, where Inko’s voice was only exclusive to Todoroki. “Sounds good. We’ll see you soon. Goodbye, Inko.” With that, he ended the call.

“I can’t believe you just talked to my mom for me!” Midoriya’s cheeks reeled with a red color. “Did she say anything embarrassing?”

“No. She didn’t. But I can’t wait to hear what sort of ‘embarrassing’ things about you she wants to tell me about.”

“You’re impossible, Shouto,” Midoriya whined. He snatched his phone back, and leaned back into his side, scrolling through his new texts. A lot were delivered from students in their class, asking how they were doing. All except Bakugou were concerned, apparently. He knew that Uraraka’s came first, since she was technically his best friend.

From Uravity:

Uravity: Deku!! Everyone is freaking out is everything okay?

Uravity: Deku. Todoroki is missing. Are you with him too?

Uravity: Wait. You and Todoroki in a hotel.. Hmmmm…

Uravity: I can’t believe you missed two school days just so you both could get it on with each other. This is gold.

Uravity: I’m never letting this go just so you know.

Midoriya’s face returned with a dark blush. That wasn’t the original intention, but it did happen.

Deku: No that’s not what happened. We stayed in a hotel because the train couldn’t move with so much snow. We had to wait until it cleared.

It certainly didn’t take long for a reply to circulate back from Uraraka.

Uravity: K. But I’m still not letting it go.

Deku: I know it looks suggestive but it’s not I promise you.

Uravity: Likely story :P Jk I believe you.

Deku: Thank you.

Uravity: I still don’t doubt something happened between the two of you though.

Deku: It’s good to have an open mind but not in this case. Sorry, Ochaco.

Uravity: Oh well. It’s only a matter of time.

Deku silenced the chat.

Uravity: You can run but you can’t hide Deku. :)

Midoriya just turned his phone off at that point, and cuddled back against Todoroki.

Several hours later, school got out, and Todoroki already appeared at Midoriya’s desk. He fumbled with the handle on his umbrella, and it sprung open, flaunting its top.

“You shouldn’t open umbrellas indoors. It’s bad luck,” Midoriya informed him.

Todoroki laughed softly. “I open umbrellas indoors all the time, and I ended up with you. I’d say that’s pretty lucky.”

Midoriya just attached himself to Todoroki’s side. It was impossible to hide his blush from Todoroki so many times, so he just let it happen this time. “You’re sweet.” He smiled warmly, and then placed his hand over Todoroki’s, which was supporting the umbrella to stand upwards. “Let’s go. I want you to see where I’ve grown up.” He had been coming to terms with Todoroki coming over. He’d have to meet his mother at some point, if this was going to work out.

With a nod, they exited the classroom, and then the school. The umbrella acted as a shield, fending off the raindrops that tried to intervene.

“It’s not very far to walk home. I used to take this walk a lot when I was little with my mom. U.A. was so close, and it was the same school that All Might attended. I was so sure that I’d get in. Looks like I did, huh?” Midoriya smiled at Todoroki.

“I’m proud of you, Izuku.” Todoroki smiled back, heating up his hand. Midoriya relaxed at the feeling. It was such a welcomed change to the cold air swarming around them.

The trees looked like rakes, without their leaves to bunch around them. Instead, snow draped across the branches. The sky was gray with clouds, and the sun burrowed itself underneath them.

It was darker than Tokyo usually was, but nothing could dampen Midoriya’s happiness today. His eyes shone just as bright as the sunshine, letting the sun itself take the day off. He stomped in every puddle that came across their path. Todoroki smiled fondly at him whenever he did this. Izuku was so adorable in so many ways.

As Midoriya had stated before, the walk was only six minutes. His ‘house’ was just a condo, with an elevator required to actually reach Midoriya’s room. It was pretty decent, but nowhere near as cool as the U.A. dorms.

They reached Midoriya’s floor, and they walked side by side down the hall. ‘Number 16’ was etched into the top of the door that Midoriya stopped at.

“This is the one.” He rapped against the door with his knuckles, then let his hand drop back down to his side as they waited for an answer.

Little footsteps were heard from the inside, and then a metallic squeak. That was probably the lock she was fiddling with. The door formed a right angle as it flew open, Inko standing right in front of them. She was a stout middle-aged woman, shorter than Midoriya, but the smile on her face was identical to Midoriya’s. “Izuku! You’re here!” She threw him into a hug, then glanced at the boy standing next to him. “Is this Todoroki?”

Todoroki nodded. “Yes. It’s a pleasure to meet you, Inko.” He held his hand out, and she gladly took it, shaking it violently.

Inko’s eyes lit up with recognition. “You are Endeavor’s son, if I’m not mistaken?”

Todoroki looked a little dejected as he nodded again. He was not proud to go under that title.

Inko swooped her free arm around Midoriya, and brought them inside. Midoriya quickly pulled the door closed after them.

“I’d offer food, but I don’t have much. I’ve been wanting to run to the store, but at the moment, all I have are apples.” Inko frowned apologetically.

“No, mom, don’t feel bad. We had snacks before school got out.” Midoriya smiled warmly. “I’m gonna show Todoroki my room. Is that okay?”

Inko nodded. “Absolutely! Does he know about all your All Might figures?” She beamed, then turned to Todoroki. “He has three hundred and forty six of them.”

“Mom..” Midoriya’s face flushed in embarrassment. “Now is not the time.”

With that, he led Todoroki into his room, and shut the door so that they could have their privacy. His room was lined up with more All Might posters, some figures. It wasn’t very much different from his room at U.A., if not worse.

“She didn’t even notice we were holding hands the entire time,” Todoroki pointed out.

“Yeah.. I find that odd.. She’s the kind of person that can tell if I have a new freckle or not.” Deku shrugged.

Todoroki smiled softly, and looked around. “Ten bucks that the rest of your All Might figures are in your closet.”

Midoriya whined. “Shouto! She’s just saying that to embarrass me.. I mean, it’s true, but she likes to brag about little things like that.”

Placing his finger under Midoriya’s chin, Todoroki lifted his head up to meet his eyes. He smiled at him for a moment, pure love written all over his face, then linked their lips together. “I don’t think they’re embarrassing. I think it’s really cute, to be honest.”

Midoriya was absolutely smitten. Head over heels. A goofy grin snuck its way onto his face, and he kissed Todoroki once again, squeezing both his hands.

Not even five seconds later, Inko busted into the room. Kacchan did this to Kirishima a lot, and the door had to be fixed more time than he could count. Luckily, his mother was not as intense. The door was not unhooked from its hinges.

Midoriya pulled back, and horror spread across his face. “MOM, I CAN EXPLAIN-”

Inko had been holding a plate of apple slices, but they all tumbled to the floor. The identical look of horror was in her own eyes, as well.

“Izuku?”

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

349K 10.7K 23
Katsuki Bakugo, UA student, aiming to be the number one hero, has a problem. Izuku Midoriya has been brighter than usual and it's been making Bakugo...
375K 10.4K 32
[discontinued] I hope you'll find a way to choose between the affections of your new (or familiar) classmates! What if they don't all get along with...
32.9K 983 45
[Complete✔✔] Have you ever wondered about a story that's fulled with love, hate, betrayal and trust? Well try this one for fun! ✿*♡LOVE♡LOV...
13.6K 208 18
There are three months left of their first year at UA high which has everyone's stomachs in knots; Katsuki Bakugo and Izuku Midoriya have gotten clos...