The Love Bite [boyxboy]

By rotXinXpieces

Alexander Lee Grey lives his entire life according to his clan's will. He has no freedom, especially when it'... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Epilogue

Chapter Five

64.7K 2.8K 1.4K
By rotXinXpieces

Chapter Five (Alexander)

"So, let me get this straight..." Mark said slowly, surprisingly not even touching his burger and chips as we sat alone outside during lunch, enjoying the cool autumn breeze as dead leaves danced past us. I just sat there and prepared myself for Mark's exaggerated recount of everything I had just told him.

I silently sipped my O positive through a straw in my thermos as Mark took a single chip and continued.

"Your race of vampires thinks that by putting two male pureblood vampires together, you two can procreate by biting humans and turning them into halfblood vampires. In doing so, you have this whole male clan thing that'll dominate your race. But they have to be purebloods because only pureblood males can turn people and only pureblood females can give birth. This is why you have to get married to your Storm guy."

"But," Mark continued, making my lips work into a frown around my straw as he shook his head slowly, "You don't want to get married to the guy you've been engaged to since you were ten. You want to marry some weak little human at our school who has an average GPA. Average house. Average life. Oh, and let's not forget that you're hanging out with the school pothead. Did I get that all right?"

I went over all his words in my head, then gave a nod as I set my thermos down. Mark threw his hands up in disbelief.

"Are you stupid?! You can take over the whole school, the whole planet! Man, you vampires never think things through. If I were a vampire, I'd make my own freakin' army and kill all the humans. Then we wouldn't have to worry about global warming or cancer or any of that shit!" He exclaimed, smashing his fist down on his burger to flatten it before he took a nibble, only to set it down again.

I scowled before taking another sip of O positive.

"You don't get it, Mark," I explained sternly, "Just because we're all powerful does not mean that we can take advantage of it. That's why humans are so idiotic. Once you get power, you want more and you want to take over the planet. You forget the natural order of things. The Goddess never created us with the intention for us to dominate the planet. She created us to keep a natural balance. We only worry about our own problems, not the problems of humans. I know, we could probably save people from tons of diseases, but that's not the way the world works. By saving one life, we disrupt another and probably kill someone else."

"I don't get it." Mark huffed, disgruntled as he ate a handful of chips. I rolled my eyes, then glanced at the street to see an old woman hobbling across the walkway. I tapped Mark's shoulder and pointed, making him glance up.

"See that woman?"

"Yea, so?"

"Say for example she got hit by a car."

"Dude!"

"I'm explaining! Shut up. So she gets hit by a car and I go over there and take her blood, giving her mine in return so she lives. She'll be a halfblood and she'll survive for centuries. However," I held up a finger, then pointed to the guys who were playing basketball on the court near the school, "Say Lebron James over there. Because I saved that old woman from a fatal car accident, he could end up taking her place. He'll be hit by a car tomorrow or the day after or the day after that. It's called equivalent exchange. The natural order of the world around us."

"If we went around saving people, we'd be killing others or worse. Mother Nature has a plan for things. Everything happens for a reason and trying to change that reason will only harm the balance." I finished before taking a sip. Mark blinked and studied the old woman as she safely made it across the street, hobbling back to her home a few houses down. He looked away for a while, surprising me with how serious his expression seemed before he looked up.

"What about a car accident? Three people get in a car accident and two die." He stated. I blinked.

"Well, by saving those two, you'd probably be killing two other people. Most likely the third party because they survived. Sure, they'd live thinking they were lucky while the other two lived on happily as halfbloods, but eventually that third person would die not too long after. Another car accident. Mugged on the street." I offered. Mark grimaced, but said nothing else, making me frown as he sipped his Sprite, then slumped his head on the picnic table with a sigh.

"This whole thing is complicated." He grunted at last. I snorted.

"You try being one of me."

"Why don't you just say vampires?"

"Because. That's a word humans made up to describe us as evil. We're not evil. We're just like any other animal fighting for survival." I added, making Mark sit up and rest his head in his hands, studying me.

"I guess that kinda makes sense." He admitted. I nodded and went on to finish my drink before putting the cap back on, tucking it into my bag. Mark finished his burger, but very hesitantly.

"I think I'm gonna become a vegetarian." He grumbled, pushing his sandwhich away. I raised an eyebrow.

"You'd still be like me." I replied, making Mark groan in disbelief.

"What're you talking about? Vegetarians eat plants."

"Plants were living."

"Oh, come on!"

"What? I'm just being factual. Come on, we need to get inside before class starts." I added, glancing at the large clock that sat above the double doors outside the cafeteria. Mark huffed, picking up his tray and dumping it into the garbage by the doors, dusting his hands off.

"I didn't even get to smoke because you were distracting me, jerk." He accused. I rolled my eyes, shoving my hands into the pockets of my jeans, balancing my bag on my shoulder.

"You know, it's those habits is why my kind will smell death on you. When we smell that someone is already going to die, we usually don't beat around the bush if we're starving." I added, making Mark grimace, then scowl.

"You just drank a whole two liter of O positive, man, you ain't starving." He retorted, making me shrug. I started to say something else, but the slightest movement out the corner of my eye made my muscles tense in alert.

"Mark--" I barely got to finish as one of the guys playing basketball shoved Mark back with his elbow. Mark stumbled and almost fell over, but caught his balance on the trash can. For a second, Mark looked caught off guard before his eyes flames and he shot back up, shoving the basketball player hard and almost on top of me if I hadn't of sidestepped, which allowed the larger human to hit the ground.

"Hey," One of his teammates barked at Mark, giving him a shove in the chest, "Why don't you just go overdose or something, little faggot?" Mark took a sharp step back and I winced at how cruel of a thing that was to say, but Mark recovered from the mental blow and returned with a physical one, stomping hard on the guy's foot, making him yelp.

"You little shit!" He accused angrily, gripping his foot as Mark stuck his tongue out. Another of the players decided to join the fun and went to grab Mark by the shoulder, but I acted on instinct, reaching out and shoving the other player back hard enough so that he fell over, smacking his head on the asphalt.

Everyone went still as the guy gasped, then rolled over onto his side to touch the back of his head where droplets of dark red blood oozed from his skull. My heart pounded in my chest, catching up to all the other hearts that were throbbing around me. The sweet metallic scent of blood hit my senses like a tidal wave and I took a step back, my eyes widening.

I can't believe I just did that.

Oh Goddess.

"Let's get out of here." Mark growled, grabbing my elbow and tearing me through the doors, shoving past people who had come to crowd around. I stumbled after Mark, letting him drag me as I let my actions sink into my brain.

"Oh Goddess, I can't believe I just did that," I managed in horror, "I could've killed him."

"But you didn't." Mark snapped, continuing as we headed for our fifth period class.

"But I almost did," I protested angrily, tearing my arm away from Mark, who whirled around to glare at me, only to have me glare in return, "I'm losing control! And it doesn't help that you keep initiating violence!"

"So now it's my fault?" Mark demanded heatedly, clenching his fists at his sides. I threw my hands up in exasperation, then tucked them behind my head, closing my eyes and counting to ten quickly before opening them to glare at Mark, who was still glaring back at me. I started to speak, but the intercom came on.

"Mark Capulet and Alexander Grey, report the main office immediately. I repeat, Mark Capulet and Alexander Grey, report to the main office immediately."

"Amazing!" I barked sarcastically, throwing my arms down at my sides and whirling back toward the office. Mark's sneakers beat the floor behind me, giving me a headache as we headed to the office.

"This is your fault," I grumbled, "If you could just keep control of your temper..."

"My temper," Mark exclaimed, baffled, "You're the one who cracked his head open!"

"I didn't mean to!" I cried in distress, then gave up arguing with Mark as we came to the office where the secretary had us take our seats across from her desk. We only sat there for a while longer before the principal stepped out to usher us in.

He wasn't too old, maybe in his mid-forties with salt and pepper hair and hazel eyes. He wore a silk black suit with a deep red tie that reminded me of the blood that came from that kid's head earlier. I only cringed as Mark and I sat down in front of his sleek wood desk.

"Unbelievable," He began, making me slump back in my seat as innocently as possible, "I'm not too surprised to hear this sort of behavior from Mark, but, you, Alexander. You're a wonderful student. Your grades are excellent and your ACT scores were practically perfect. You've had no disciplinary action towards you since you came to us. So, why, must I ask, were you the one seen engaging in physical violence towards another student?"

"Yea, Alex." Mark drawled, making our principal glare at him sharply before looking back at me with a softer expression. I didn't have enough energy to twist his thoughts around. I'd be using up all the blood I had for lunch. So I just had to use my apparently genius brain to weasel out of this.

"It was self-defense," I explained calmly, sitting up straight in my seat, "I was having lunch with Mark and we were heading inside when they ganged up on him. While I may see myself as a pacifist, I'm not going to hold back when I see another student get bullied like that."

"The administration would have stopped--"

"This is the fourth time this week I've seen Mark get jumped by another student and the fourth time that the administration has done nothing to solve the problem. If you can't do your jobs, then I will do it for you and if that means resorting to violence to protect him, then I will take full responsibility for the actions I've committed. However, leave Mark out of the punishment." I answered firmly, daring to lock my eyes with the principal's.

He stared at me, perfectly surprised that I'd not only defended Mark, but told the truth and risked punishment. Mark was staring at me too, all trace of his earlier anger gone and replaced with awe.

"All right," The principal began carefully, "I suppose you're right. I'll call a school board meeting this weekend. In the mean time, I'm sorry, Alexander Grey, but you're suspended for three days and are not allowed to attend this year's Homecoming game."

"What?!" Mark and I demanded in unison, then looked at each other quickly before looking at the principal, who frowned.

"It's school protocol that any disciplinary action taken place during a homecoming week that the student not be allowed to parttake in any of the events, including attending the game and dance on Friday." He responded.

"But it's my senior year!" I protested. The last year I'd ever be in school for the rest of my life. I'd be trapped with Storm for the rest of eternity! I couldn't miss my last homecoming!

"I'm sorry, Mr. Grey," My principal answered with finality, "It's the price you must pay. Was it worth it?"

I was surprised he used such a harsh tone. I noticed Mark flinch out the corner of my eye. He shoved his seat back and got up, storming out of the office and slamming the door shut behind him, making my principal glare after him before looking at me in dismissal, then went back to his paper work.

I got up silently and departed, feeling hollow inside as I walked out into the main lobby where Mark had just kicked over a trashcan.

"You're stupid," Mark snarled at me, making me blink and look at him, "I'm used to getting in trouble! I had no reason to go to your stupid date on Friday, so why didn't you just let me get in trouble? You're the school's golden boy, so why the fuck did you take all the damage?" I frowned at him.

"Because. That's just the kind of person I am."

"Some vampire you are! You're supposed to be a little more--"

"Evil? Cruel? Sick?" I demanded challengingly. Mark blinked, surprised by my sudden sneer. I moved quickly and caught Mark by the front of his shirt, tearing him after me as we got behind a wall that hid us from the office ladies. I shoved Mark into the wall, making him wince as I clenched my fist in his shirt, glaring at him. His eyes widened as I flashed my fangs at him threateningly.

"I can be evil when I want to be and right now is one of those times, so shut your mouth and listen to me. And listen to me well, Mark. He can say what he wants about banning me from the school game, but since when do I listen to someone like him? We're going to the game Friday. Both of us. I'm going to get my date with Nicholas and no one is going to ruin this for me, got it?" I demanded, making sure to bare my fangs in Mark's face.

He shrank into himself a little, wincing and looking away from my fangs cautiously before managing a quick nod. I nodded back and roughly let go of his shirt, adjusting my bag on my shoulder before I peeked at him. He placed a hand over his heart, breathing heavily. The way his heart was pounding like crazy in my ears told me he was really scared there for a moment and I partially regretted it, but this was my last year of school ever.

I wasn't going to play the good boy anymore.

I was going to get what I wanted while I still could before everything crashed down on my head.

I expected Mark to just run away as I headed to class, but I was surprised to hear him following close behind. I didn't say anything, though, as we went to class and sat down like nothing ever happened. I finished out the school day before I was officially suspended, picking up my yellow slip from the office that I proceeded to throw in the garbage can.

"What're you gonna tell your parents?" Mark asked me as we stepped outside at the end of the day, a blast of cold air sweeping around us and making leaves glide through the air like mini-handgliders. My eyes followed them before I looked at Mark, who patiently waited for my response. I sighed, not wanting to be cruel anymore. My temper had subsided and my blood stopped boiling, so I answered gently.

"Field trip that I decided not to go on. I'll tell them I wanted to spend more time with Storm." I told him, not liking the idea of lying to my parents. They were very good guessers, so I had to work hard on telling them this lie.

"Could be worse," Mark offered, surprising me with how comforting he was being, "They could've expelled you. He must really have the hots for you." I blushed and scowled at him, making him laugh as we headed down the steps past a couple of girls that started whispering instantly.

You didn't need to be part of my race to know that they were talking about Mark.

"Did you hear? He put the blame on poor Alex," One of the girls hissed in disgust, "Alex got suspended for three days and he's not even allowed at homecoming!"

"Ugh! Just like that stoner to do something sick like that."

"What a loser!"

"A total waste of space."

Their words made my skin crawl in disgust and I glanced at Mark, but he had tugged his beanie on, covering his ears with it. Although, even that wasn't enough to cover up the hisses and whispers that people didn't bother to hide as we passed to the crosswalk. Mark's expression was bored, as if he'd heard it all before.

At the same time, something about the way his eyes glowed told me that his defenses weren't as strong as he thought they were.

"Don't listen to them," I spoke suddenly, making Mark glance at me with a frown, "It doesn't matter what they think. By the time you graduate, they won't mean anything to you anymore. You'll never see them again. Besides, we both know that it's my fault I was suspended."

"Yea, whatever." Mark huffed, shoving his hands into the pockets of his hoodie. I said nothing more as we headed down the sidewalk. Without really consulting each other, I found myself walking Mark home again, which was much further than my house and would've been warmer to take the bus. However, the walking felt great. I needed to get myself pumped up for the drama that was bound to happen.

"Mark, I owe you one," I said, making him blink and look at me, "For making you come with me on Friday and for not getting to you sooner when Storm bit you. Both of those are my fault." Mark shrugged, looking away and tonguing his snake bite piercing.

"Yea, well, you just got suspended for three days because of me. Consider us cool."

"Mark--"

"Oh, quit it," Mark snorted, tugging his beanie down a little further, his hair hanging in his face, "What happened to that tough badass vamp aura you had earlier? Don't get sappy on me. I said we're cool, so we're cool. I wanna know how you're gonna get into the homecoming game without getting caught." I paused thoughtfully, studying the sidewalk ahead of us as we walked when it hit me, my eyes widening.

"Friday night before the game, meet me out in the back parking lot hear the cafeteria. We'll walk right in there together." I said quickly, starting to walk ahead as Mark stopped in front of the trailer park, watching in surprise.

"Yea, but--"

"I got this, Mark! Just meet me ten minutes before the game!"

"Fine! But make sure you bring your sister or I'll be pissed!"

"I know, I know!" I exclaimed and gave him a quick wave as I bolted down the street, so excited that I hardly realized I was using my abilities to their fullest, racing down the side walk toward home. I hopped up the steps and walked into the house, slamming the door shut behind me and kicking my shoes off as I went into the kitchen to find Amber.

Only, instead, Storm was standing near the sink, staring out the window and greeted me with a mumble that was very unproper for him. I frowned a little, tilting my head as I let my bag fall off my shoulder and onto the breakfast bench that sat in the far corner.

"Are you all right?" I asked. Storm blinked as if snapping out of a trance, then turned to face me.

"Yes. How was school?" He asked quietly, taking a sip of B negative in his wineglass. He seemed to have forgotten the awkward encounter this morning, so I let it slide and shrugged.

"Fine, I just need to find my parents. Are they home?" I asked as I made my way to the fridge, taking out a bottle of AB positive. Storm watched me as I popped the cap and took a few gulps before looking at him curiosuly.

"Your father's still at work. Your mother got off early to get more blood for your stock." He answered calmly. I sighed, pushing off the counter and nibbling my lower lip.

"Where's Amber?" I asked after a while. Storm frowned.

"We're supposed to be getting married. You may not enjoy it, but the least you can do is spend some sort of time with me." He responded flatly. I glanced at him, feeling a little guilt before sighing.

"Which is why I took off three days from school," I told him swiftly as I headed for the glass door, "It starts tomorrow. I just wanted to let my family know." Storm looked at me suspiciously, but said nothing more and leaned against the counter again to finish his drink.

I stepped outside to see Amber sitting in the grass in front of her herb garden. She was stroking the stem of one of her catnip plants before looking up past her blonde bangs, raising an eyebrow.

"What's up, Ally cat?" She asked with a wink, waving one of the catnip stems at me. I rolled my eyes, then knelt down in the grass beside her, clasping my hands together tightly.

"Amber, please, please don't tell anyone."

"That you're gay? Hate to break it to ya, Ally, but everyone already knows. If not before, they do now. What were you thinking? Wearing a barrette in your hair."

"Not that! And I thought you didn't believe in labels."

"I don't. That's the ironic part."

"Well, whatever, but Amber. I got suspended today for three days," I said quickly, rushing on as Amber's eyes widened and she looked at me in disbelief, "But it was for a good cause. That's not the point anyway. Friday night I need to sneak into the homecoming game so I can see this human, Nicholas. Please, Amber, I need you to go with Mark because otherwise he won't go and I have to make sure Storm doesn't show up and get angry or that the administration doesn't find out. Please, please! This might be the last chance I have at a real date with the person I really love!"

Amber just stared at me for the longest time, then looked down at her herb garden for a long time, reaching out with a pair of small scissors to cut off another stalk of catnip that she placed in her wicker basket. She stared up at the sky for a moment, then sighed.

"I cannot believe I'm going to do this." She stated. My heart swelled and I hugged Amber tightly, who yelped, then gave up and hugged me back.

"Thank you so much, Amber! You won't regret this!" I exclaimed, rising to my feet now. Amber smirked up at me, waving a bunch of catnip at me.

"Better not! This is fresh catnip and I just got a new spell book that'll have me tormenting you for eternity." She joked, making me beam and rush into the house, completely ignoring the fact that the kitchen window had been open.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

496 30 21
(BoyxBoy) Elliot Lovell was content to live his life as the prince and the outcast, hated by his father and scorned by all who reside in the palace...
65.8K 3.8K 36
Kita Daelle's life is fairly simple, spending his days helping his parents with their pub while trying to maintain a normal sleep schedule and care f...
22.5K 543 12
Alex parents kept secret from him. Alex is a gay boy, who falls for Danny. Danny is a werewolf and hes Alex's mate. family secret is found out Alex's...
19.2K 709 28
Alex is a normal, nature-loving boy in his hometown of Wolf's Creek. It's said that there's werewolves that live in the forest, but no one's ever see...