I'm An Addict, And You Are My...

By slow_learner

He was aimless, she was determined. He was sharp, she was blunt. He had everything, she lacked most of the th... More

Description
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11

Chapter 9

11.8K 1K 193
By slow_learner

"What do you mean?" Ira frowned at Honey, who was sitting beside her in the class.

"He is not a nice guy. You know nothing about these kind of guys. They attract girls towards them just for their benefits" Honey explained his point.

"You are misunderstanding him, Honey. Ehan is not like them. He is..."

"You are too naive, Ira. You don't understand their tricks and easily fall into such traps" Honey cut her off.

Ira rolled her eyes at that, "I think you don't like him, but trust me, he is nothing like you are thinking of him"

"Ira, for God's sake" Honey groaned, holding her hands and trying to make her understand his point but she wasn't ready to listen to anything. She has been spending time with Ehan for a few days and never did once he would have made her feel uncomfortable with his words or actions. He was the most quiet and straightforward person she had ever met. Not forgetting how decent and respectful he is.

Speaking about Honey, his insecurities know no bounds. He likes Ira, maybe something more than that. But Ehan being super awesome on everything, he feels so small in front of him. As far as he know Ira in those four months, her curious nature will make her chase Ehan, who was a mystery. She would try to know every part of his life, which may bring them closer. And it was driving Honey crazy.

---

"Salt?"

"NaCl"

"Magnesium?"

"Mg"

"Copper?"

"Cu"

"Gold?"

"Au"

"Carbon?"

"C"

"Hydrogen?"

"H"

"Titanium?"

"Ti"

"Sodium?"

"These formulas are too easy. Ask me something tough" Ira said, resting her chin at the back of her hand, which was resting on the table. She and Ehan were in the study hall and he was testing how many chemical formulas she knew.

"Fine. Arsenic trioxide?" He asked.

"Haan?" She raised her eyebrows at his question and let out an uncomfortable laugh. She doesn't even remember if such words exist in chemistry.

"Let's continue with the basic one" she stated with a sheepish grin. He shook his head and continued,

"Fe?"

"Iron"

"Boron?"

"B"

"Ra?"

"Radium"

He continued with the basic questions and she answered them easily. After about 5 more minutes of knowing how much she knows about chemistry, Ehan pulled out a few papers, neatly filed from his bag.

"Here. It has all the formulas you need to know for this year. Memorize it by tomorrow"

She took that from him and examined the file, "This file looks so nice. Where did you buy it from?" She asked, running her fingers over the transparent file.

Ehan grabbed it back and opened the file, "Concentrate on this" he pointed at the formulas written inside.

"You wrote it yourself? I love your handwriting" she beamed at his amazing handwriting.

"Formulas, Ira" he reminded her in a warning tone.

She huffed and agreed, "OK. I'll practice all of them and will write the test tomorrow. Ok?"

"Good. For now, we need to work on your handwriting" he said, looking at the test papers in front of them, on which Ira had scribbled terribly. She shoved the file he gave into her bag and turned to him, paying all her attention.

"Show me your pen" he said forwarding his hand and she handed him a cheap pen from her bag. He examined the pen, scribbling something in the paper. He kept it on the table then. Taking another pen from his bag, he offered her, "Practice writing with this, it's a nice brand"

She took that from him, and the smile on her face disappeared as she examined the pen, "This seems expensive" she commented in a low voice.

Ehan ignored her comment and said, "Write something. Let's see if you can grip it properly"

She did as he said and started scribbling in her note. He asked her to maintain a relaxed grip, which seemed difficult for her since she had become used to holding the pen roughly.

"Ok. You'll get used to it as you begin practising. Now practice writing in this" he pulled out a worksheet from his bag and handed her.

"You got all of this for me?" She wondered, taking the sheets from him.

"Start writing" he said instead and she started hesitantly. She felt like she was back to junior KG. She practised for a few minutes whilst he worked on his homework.

"That's it for today. You are getting late for work" he reminded her, who was too engrossed in practising her handwriting. She checked the time and stood up, shoving everything into her bag.

"Don't forget to practice all the formulas. I'll check tomorrow" he said as they made their way out.

"50/50?" She requested.

"No. All of them" he told sternly.

"Please" she pleaded holding his forearm to stop him from walking away. He shook his head as no, trying to free his hand.

"Please, please, please.... Ehan, please... Please, pleasssseeee..."

"Ira, n...."

"Please, please, pleasssseeee, pleasssseeee, please, pleasssseeee.... Pleasssseeee" she started whining, which he dislikes the most.

"Ok, fine" he huffed.

"Half of it" he said letting out a sigh.

A victorious smile made his way to her lips and she nodded happily.

"See ya. Bye," she waved at him as she ran out. He stared at her back, letting out a breath.

He crossed the main gate and stopped before taking a right turn as his eyes caught Ira. He turned back and found her standing on his left, at a little distance, staring ahead. He followed her gaze, which landed on the shoes of a girl, standing with a group; of her friends. He looked back at Ira, who now had her eyes closed and a small smile playing on her lips. He stood silently watching her until she opened her eyes with a content smile. She giggled to herself like crazy and went away; jumping in joy.

What was that? He just couldn't understand her.

---

"You sleep, Hunny bunny. I need to study now. I don't wanna disappoint Ehan. He is doing a lot for me" Ira kissed Hunny Bunny and made him lay on her pillow as she sat on the bed with the chemistry formula sheet, Ehan gave her. She sat straight, practising a few formulas. She didn't realise how but after a few minutes, she was leaning on the bedrest. She shifted her position after a few more minutes and sat keeping the file on the bed, bending her head to read. A few more minutes passed and she found herself lying flat on her stomach and her eyelids began to droop. She forced herself to stay awake and study but after the tiring day at her workplace, where a birthday party was held, she was too tired to read further. She kept her face on the file and closed her eyes to take a quick nap.

It felt like just a few seconds passed but she heard her alarm ringing. She jolted up on the bed and looked around.

It was morning already.

"No way" she screamed checking the time. She know she slept just for a few seconds or a whole minute, maybe. But how could it be morning already?

She panicked, she didn't exactly study for her class test or Ehan's one.

"Hunny bunny" she whined, letting herself fall on the toy.

---

"Glucose?"

Quietness.

"Alcohol?"

No answer.

"Aspirin?"

Silence.

"Ira, did you study last night?" He had enough of her silence and asked.

Ehan and Ira took their usual seats after lunch and as told earlier, he started bombarding her with the questions of chemistry, which she didn't answer.

"I can explain what happened. I was reading last night. I felt sleepy, still I tried my best to keep my eyelids open and study. When it became too difficult to do so, I just closed my eyes for a few seconds and when I opened it, it was morning already" she explained, guiltily looking at the table in front. When she didn't get any response from him, she looked at him from her periphery and averted her eyes as they met his blank ones. She bent her head and opened a pack of spicy chips on her lap.

"Don't tell me it never happened with you" she said, expecting him to agree with her. She offered him the chips but he turned it down by shaking his head as no.

"No. It never happened with me" he blankly said, making her gasp, shoving some chips in her mouth.

"Where were you studying?" He asked, taking the formula sheet from her.

"At home" she replied, satisfied that he wasn't angry.

"No, I mean, on the study table, dining table, or..."

"Bed," she said before him.

"Study anywhere but your bed" he advised, flipping through the pages.

"Why?" She asked with her mouthful.

"Your body and brain associate your bed with sleep. That's the reason you were more likely to end up sleeping while reading in bed. If possible, keep moving while you read. It'll keep your brain and body active"

"But I don't have much place in my apartment. It's a small apartment with a single bed three to four steps away from the door, a little cupboard in front and a bathroom beside it. There is not enough space to walk while studying" She presented the size and design of her apartment with her hands.

"Oh!" That was all he could say. She nodded and busied herself in practising her handwriting whilst he was thinking of a solution to make her study freely.

Should I let her study at my place?

No, it wouldn't be right.

Besides, she works during the day and studies at night. It won't be appropriate.

He thought for a few minutes. When he didn't find any solution, he asked Ira, "Ira, why do you work? I mean, you must have come here with enough money to make a living, right?"

"Yeah! Mary arranged for everything. She took a huge debt for it, which I should return triple in amount within 10 years. I'm saving for that" she explained, shoving some more potato chips in her mouth.

When he saw her working at the restaurant that night, he felt pity for her but hearing her reasons for working, his pity turned to respect for her. And her cheerfulness after all that, was beginning to melt his heart.

"I understand" he mumbled, looking at her. She smiled in return and asked, "What do you do to make a living?"

He frowned at her question but didn't reply.

"How long has it been since you are alone?" She asked further, increasing his heartbeat.

"What... What do you mean?" He stuttered not understanding what she meant. No way she has any idea about his life but why was she questioning him like she knew everything?

"I mean, how long has it been since your parents passed away? Do you live all alone? Who takes care of you and your expenses?" He looked at her with wide eyes. She was touching his nerves.

Orphan? She thinks he is an orphan, like her.

"What are you saying?" He whispered and yelled, being careful about the attention he may gather from the students around.

"Aren't you an orphan too? Studying here in scholarship as me?" She asked innocently, her eyes held concern for him.

He looked at her with his mouth agape. It was hurting him, knowing his condition was worse than that. She knew already that she was an orphan and she wouldn't be getting any love or attention from anyone. She knew what was in store for her.

But his story was different. He was living so far in a hope; a hope of getting back what he lost, getting the love he thought he had but he never actually had. People say a single hope can save a life but nobody knows that it shatters whenever the same hope is crushed every single day. It hurts even more when the hope builds up all over again only to get shattered with disappointment, again and again.

He grabbed his bag to walk away without a word but she held his bag, stopping him.

"What's wrong? Did I ask something wrong?" She questioned. She seriously had no idea what he was going through.

He didn't reply but left the spot. She gathered her things along the packet of chips and ran behind him, asking him to stop.

She pulled him to stop after running behind him to the gate.

"What's wrong? You can tell me if is there anything..."

"Leave my way, Ira" he was clenching his jaw to control the anger bubbling inside him.

"No, I won't"

"For God's sake, leave" he jerked her hand away but she held it again. Though he was angry, his voice was not more than a whisper which was making her not budge.

"No" she stood stubbornly.

"You know what, Ira? It's none of your business. I'm not an open book like you to share my pain with you. And don't try to act like you're my friend and you have rights over me, because you don't" he roared lowly, letting all his anger out.

She bent her head, looking at her shoes. "Sorry," she mumbled in a low voice.

Regret and guilt washed over his heart. He became numb for a moment. Never did once in his life he would have spoken to someone in the way he did with Ira. He always wanted to let his anger out through yelling and screaming at someone. And that someone was supposed to be his parents; not Ira.

"I'm sorry. I won't ask you about your personal life. I'll stay within my limits. I promise" she spoke in whispers, her eyes fixed on her shoes.

He looked at her, still in shock.

He wanted to apologise at that instant and tell her he didn't mean it but he kept his mouth shut, not wanting to mess up things more and walked out, not looking at her again.

---

Assalamualaikum everyone,

How was the chapter?

Would Ehan's sudden outburst drive Ira away?

Or she'll cling to him to know more about his life?

Will he apologise?

And if he did, would it bring them closer?

Kindly vote, comment and share the book :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

667K 38.6K 34
|ROSES AND CIGARETTES Book-I| She was someone who likes to be in her shell and He was someone who likes to break all the shells. Β°β€’Β°β€’Β°β€’Β°β€’Β° "Junoon ba...
407 29 2
Arin Belladonna has never been a people person. Raised in a family of independent women who seldom spoke about their emotions, she learned early on...
56.1K 4.1K 42
Vihaan Mehrotra was unloved till he met his Angel, born in a family where his parents despised his existence and brought up in an orphanage under the...
52.1K 2.4K 47
*UNDER EDITING* ❝What I saw in front of me was unbelievable. I felt a gut wrenching pain in my heart, as if someone has stabbed me a million times. S...