Sand In Your Shoes ( A Larry...

By itsmefay

“Some things are destined to be -it just takes us a couple of tries to get there.” ― J.R. Ward They were pola... More

Chapter 1 - A New Life
Chapter 2 - The Crash
Chapter 3 - Doctor Tomlinson
Chapter 4 - Bet & Lovebites
Chapter 5 - Why , Harry , Why?
Chapter 6 - Forgive me
Chapter 7 - First Kiss
Chapter 8 (PART B) - Unexpected
Chapter 9 - Guess who
Chapter 10 - Chaos
Chapter 11 - For Louis

Chapter 8 (PART A) - You did what ?!

5.9K 112 36
By itsmefay

ps : sorry for any mistakes , english isn't my first language and I don't have a beta , you can comment if you see any and i'll edit them out :) !

"Pizza or Vegetarian?" Harry asked intently as he looked through the pile of ads clumsily sprawled on the coffee table. 

"Vegeterian? For a party? What kind of parties did you went to?" Louis asked teasingly, knowing that Harry wasn't the kind of guy going to different parties every Friday night with a big group of friends. He was more like that one guy that you see walking in the street and wonder why the hell was he alone but never dared to go up to him. And, apparently, he liked it that way.

It was a peaceful evening , four days passed since 'the kiss'. Nothing really changed between the two lads, they were still the same bantering boys...well maybe one thing actually changed.

They were now boyfriends. 

The couple had decided to call over their best mates for a relaxing party ; watching movies, eating pizza, chilling out and let the stress leave their body. 

Maybe even tell them the exciting news of the newly formed couple?

Harry opened his mouth to offer a quirky answer to his boyfriend's question but was sharply cut off by the same voice.

"You know what, I don't even want to know." 

"I guess that means pizza?" 

Louis nodded with a grin and crouched down to analyze his collection of movies. 

"What do you think the boys want to see?" 

"I dunno, something with a good plot, I guess. What do you have?" 

He ran his fingers on the pile of DVD's.

"Love Actually, Twilight, High School Musical, Grease..."

Harry looked up from his magazine and sniggered.

"Quite the romance collection there Lou. " He put two hands over his heart and fluttered his eyelashes theatrically. "Is that what you used to entertain yourself when I wasn't a part of your life?" 

Louis turned to him with a smirk and rolled his eyes.

"They were my sister's! But I won't lie, I've seen them all at least ten times. Who doesn't like a big cheesy love story?"

Harry lolled his head on his shoulder and joked.

"I dunno...Real men?"

''You'd be surprised to know the percentage of 'real' men renting these kind of movies!''

''Yeah , right.'' Harry smiled and they felt back into a comfortable silence , Harry reading a random article and Louis peaking into his pile of DVDs. 

Louis pushed back countless CD's trying to reach the ones hidden at the back of the cupboard. His voice was muffled by the depth of the small furniture piece as he questioned.

"Are we going to tell them?" 

"Tell them what?" 

Louis cleared his voice.

"Well, about us." 

Harry closed his magazine and put it on the nearest surface he saw. He realised that Louis was actually clueless to every single conversation he had with the boys and to Zayn and Niall's situation. Of course he would have doubts of the boys accepting their relationship. 

''The lads? Of course , they will be delighted you know! Well , you don't have a problem with telling them right? I don't want to pressure you or anything hun.'' 

Louis didn't look back , burying his head between his shoulder and replied shakily.

"Of course not Hazza." 

Harry eye browed his lover suspiciously.

''You don't seem really convinced babe.''

Louis sighed and dropped the DVD's he was holding back into place, the older lad walked to Harry's side and sat quietly. The curly-haired lad was worrying a bit for his friend's sake.

''Are you sure you are okay with all of this? We can take a break if you..''

Louis looked at him with widened eyes.

''No! Oh my god , no! It's not about that. I love you , I'm absolutely comfortable with our relationship , I swear.''

Harry beamed with a sight of relief in his eyes.

Louis continued.

''It's not really about the lads , I'm sure they'll understand..It's more about , well.''

''What?''

''When are we going to tell our families?''

Eek. Harry froze in his movement , his body became suddenly heavy and his mouth felt dry.

''I want to meet your family , you know. They seem lovely. And , I don't know. My family isn't exactly ...Do you think they'll be okay with us being romantically together?''

Harry looked at the ground and tried to speak , but it got out more as a messy stammer.

''I-um , I don't..''

Boom , boom , boom.

Harry startled at the three sharp knocks and sighed in relief. Saved by the bell. 

He planned on telling him his story one day , but he didn't feel quite ready yet. He wanted to move on , forget the past and start something new. He still managed to find some time to sneak out and visit his lifeless mother in the hospital , but that was it. He swore to himself to forget everything about his past activities and focus on him , Louis and their relationship.

He escaped Louis' inquisitive eyes and rushed to the front door. The door flew open and a he felt one strong arm pushing him in a manly hug. 

''Zayn, Li , Niall, come in!''

Zayn smirked as he ruffled Harry's curls with his fingers.

''Well , Harry , you look like you've settled down quite cosily in Louis' house. Greeting us like it's your own.''

The feathered-haired boy appeared behind Harry's form and smiled as he put a caring hand around the younger boy's waist.

''Because it is.''

Liam , Niall and Zayn eyed each other sneakily before hearing the irish voice cheekily request.

''Since when ?! We want every single detail , now. ''

Louis burst into laughter and Harry grinned , his cheeks going scarlet.

-*-

Settled around the little living room , the boys enjoyed their fuming pizza as they battled to choose the right movie to watch. 

''We should totally watch an action movie with lots of blood.'' Zayn tried , even if he had a complete opposite idea in his mind.

''Yeah , something like The Terminator , totally.'' Niall maintained , but he wasn't completely honest either. In fact , neither of the lads wanted to watch a real action movie on that night. They wanted something more relaxed, cute...like a romantic comedy, for instance.

''Yeah...Terminator.'' Louis nodded as he looked reluctantly at the dusty cover he was holding.

There was a dead silence before Harry finally let out.

''To be honest guys , I want to watch something more ..um , fluffy?''

Liam frantically nodded.

''How about High School Musical?''

Zayn gasped and laughed.

''I've always had the biggest man crush on Zac Efron you can't even imagine.''

Niall frowned and smiled teasingly.

''What do you mean man crush? Am I not your man crush?''

''Of course you are Nialler.''

Harry smiled sweetly and gave a teasing glance to Zayn, wriggling his brows. 

''High school Musical it is.''

Louis walked to the DVD player and crouched down to insert the small CD in the slit. Before pressing play , he turned around to his friends and pointed out.

''Er , lads. If ever someone ask us what we did tonight , tell them we watched a football game , drank beer and totally got laid.''

The lads laughed and sealed their deal. They wouldn't tell anyone about their slightly feminine party. They called it a party because, hell no, they wouldn't admit that they were actually having a sleepover. They still cared for  the dash of masculinity left in them. 

Louis tiptoed back to his seat , on the two-place sofa with Harry, and sat into place , burying his head into the crook of Harry's neck.

Zayn was on the opposite couch between Niall and Liam. 

About half-way into the movie , when Troy was trying to mate back with Gabriella after the shocking webcam video,

Liam suddenly asked.

''So , Niall's your man crush , eh?''

The four other boys startled from their quiet slumber.

''Yeah.You can say that.'' Zayn confirmed , with a mysterious smirk as he winked at Niall. 

''Am I the only one feeling like we have too many things hidden between us?'' Harry pointed out.

''What do you mean?'' Niall arched a brow.

''Well , the mysterious grins , the looks. We should clear things up.''

Zayn sat up and placed his chin on one of his hands.

''And how are we doing that?''

Louis jumped from his seat and offered.

''We should play ''Never have I never..''! ''

Liam frowned , he wasn't really familiar with drinking games since he always chose not to drink alcohol  because of a past kidney problem. But now , he luckily healed and he had all the time to learn about that kind of stuff.

''What's that?''

Louis rushed to the kitchen and came back with beers and pack of crisps.

''It's kind of a teenage drinking game we used to play when I went to parties.'' 

He handed the drinks to his friends as he explained the game.

''Basically , it's kind of like opposite day. If I say Never Have I never...done something, and you have , you drink. If you haven't , you don't. For instance , Never Have I ever eaten a burger.''

All the boys took a gulp of their beer. 

''See , we all did. That way we learn stuff and get drunk.'' 

Liam nodded.

''Pretty clever. Okay , who starts?''

They pushed the coffee table aside , threw around pillows and sat cosily on the rug, their drinks and snacks in hand. 

"Let me try." Niall said, a hand on his chin wondering for a random affirmation.

"Never have I ever....had a crush on a teacher." 

The boys looked up for a second before gasping at Liam lifting his drink and taking a long gulp.

"High School, Mrs. Janvier , don't ask me why, I just fell over heels for her and tried every flirting technique.''

''And?''

" And it ended with a detention." 

The lads laughed and aw'ed teasingly, Zayn pinched one of Liam's cheeks.

"Aw , Poor Liam. Not quite the charmer he thought he was."

Liam rolled his eyes and slapped Zayn's fingers away.

"Shut up, I was fourteen!" He sat back against the couch  and continued. "My turn,

Never Have I ever...Oh I know.

Never Have I ever received a lovebite from a boy on an Island." He said,  intently looking at Louis. 

The three pairs of eyes turned to a red coloured Louis who took a long gulp of the burning liquid. 

"Not fair , You're a twat Li." 

Zayn wriggled his brows.

"Well, well Louis, getting all dirty with a stranger, or should I say. A curly haired stranger.." 

Harry was about to quip back a sarcastic retort but got cut off once again by Louis' voice.

"Okay , then Zayn , game on.  Never Have I ever peed in my pants on my first snog." 

Zayn gasped.

"You promised you'd never tell!"

The other boys looked at Zayn gobsmacked.

"You... what?!" 

They all tried to hide their wide grins.

"Oh my god Zayn, you literally peed on her?!"

Zayn took a gulp of alcohol reluctantly and wiped his mouth before saying with a pout.

"I was eleven, I never did anything with a girl and we were out and I really had to go to the loo. Then out of nowhere she kissed me and I lost it. She didn't see anything cause I ran away quickly and never talked to her again."

Niall placed a comforting arm around Zayn's neck pushing him closer and Louis laughed mockingly.

"How romantic."

Zayn looked up with challenging eyes. 

"Never Have I ever ..snogged a boy with curly hair and green eyes." 

Liam , Niall and Zayn scrutinized their two friends faces that soon turned scarlet as Louis lifted the bottle to his lips. 

Niall gasped as he screamed.

"I KNEW IT!" 

Harry coughed awkwardly.

"Yeah about that lads... um, we are kind of.. together now."

Surprisingly, the three friends' faces graced into a wide smile as they jumped off their spot excitedly.

"LADS, WHERE IS MY MONEY?"

Niall suddenly requested , remembering their little affair on the island.

Liam placed two hands on his hips.

"Who said you won?!"

"I said that if they admitted it to us in London, after something big I would win." 

Zayn's mouth fell open, not able to protest. 

"Hundred pounds for me , yeah buddyyyyy." 

He bragged dancing around the living room with his beer. The alcohol was probably starting to get to him. The two boys sighed and got their wallets out under the inquisitor eyes of Harry and Louis.

Harry finally managed to ask with suspicious eyes.

"May I ask why is Niall suddenly winning a hundred pounds?" 

The three lads froze in their movements and turned to the couple with guilty looks.

"We...er.." Liam tried.

Niall didn't want to beat around the bush and sharply barked out.

"We had a bet going on about how much time it would need for you two to realise that you have to go out together, and I won."

A surprised laugh bubbled past Louis' lips.

"You bet a hundred pounds on us?!"

"And it was the best decision ever." Niall maintained , burying the newly gained money in his tight pockets.

"Not for us though." Liam sulked.

Louis smiled.

"So you're okay with it? I mean, you know, us being a couple and all."

"Bet we are!" Zayn exclaimed. "Congrats boys , really." He said as he ruffled Harry's curls for the tenth time of the evening a mysterious shade of red appearing lightly on his cheeks.

Harry grinned and continued the game with inquiring eyes by asking a very specific question.

"Never Have I ever kissed a boy." 

Liam was about to protest that it wasn't fair because they were now going out together when suddenly he glanced at the movements next to him.

Zayn and Niall both slowly lowered their heads and took a long gulp that went burning down their throats.

Liam and Louis' eyes widened with surprise.

"You two?!"

Liam couldn't believe it.

"Am I the only straight guy in this weird group or?"

The four boys looked at him with guilty yet amused eyes.

"I guess so man." Harry confirmed and turned to Zayn. "So, you finally made your move? Tell us all the details!" 

Zayn glanced at Niall seeking for courage and find it in the bubbly blue eyes that looked back at him

gleaming with happiness.

"Well, it's kind of a long story...."

~~~ Back to that day in the airport ~~~ 

Harry suddenly turned around and called out 

" Zayn?" 

"What?" 

"Thank you. - for everything."

Zayn smiled.

"No problem babe." 

He continued to walk when he suddenly turned around a second time , a smirk forming on his lips.

"And Zayn?"

"What do you want?" 

"Promess me to do the same with Niall." 

Zayn didn't expect that - at all. His mouth dropped and he tried to call Harry out but couldn't really manage to move under the chock.

What the hell did he mean by that? How could he know? Who told him? Did Niall...? 

All kind of question confused him like a big salad being tossed around in his mind. His head getting felt heavy and pounded...That's it , a headache. He sat down to the nearest seat and popped the little painkiller pills in his mouth before swallowing them dry. With his almost healed leg , he was still vulnerable and got every kind of flu or ache quickly. He placed his head in his hand , massaging his temple with round motions.

"Are you okay there Zayn?" 

Zayn looked up at the new form that appeared in front of him. Of course he recognized that thick irish accent, those baby blue eyes, those blonde fists of hair that gleamed under the light like the aura of an angel, the slightly crooked braced smile of his ...friend. 

"Niall? Aren't you already in the plane?"

"Nah, I'm waiting for the second one. May I take a seat?"

Zayn nodded and freed the seat next to him from his huge black leathered bag. 

"Was that Harry I saw you talking to? What were you talking about ? Is he okay?" 

Zayn turned to his friend and smiled sweetly , oh how he loved the talk able side of Niall. He could literally sit there and listen to him going on about the whole Universal Declaration Of The Human Rights all day without getting bored. 

"Nothing really, just keeping him on track with The Louis Case."

"Yeah? Any new updates? I swear I will write a book of their love story and publish it." 

Zayn explained to him every detail of his earlier conversation with Harry.

"Oh god, this will be so good. They'll jump each other's bones by next week, I'm putting my money on it."

"Is there times where you don't obsess over them Niall?" 

"Not really, see I also gave them a name." He said as he placed his two hands in the air simulating a movie title. "Larry Stylinson : The Mindless Soulmates." 

Zayn laughed frankly. Niall seemed so proud of himself.

"Do you get it ? Larry? As in Louis and Harry mushed together!" 

"Oh god, I don't know what to do with you Nialler. What about YOUR love life?"

Niall's smile faded down at the question and he awkwardly scratched the back of his neck. Oh shit, he was probably expecting him to tell him about a girlfriend or something. He wasn't blandly going to put out there that he wouldn't mind if his lovelife was actually Zayn. 

But , Zayn. Let's get real here for a second, he was probably straighter than a ruler and would never want a poor irish lad with fake blond hair like him. 

He faked a laugh and changed subjects.

"I don't know, the usual. Few past flings here and there, anyway, where are you going in London?"

Zayn frowned slightly at Niall's stammer and silently cursed himself out. Niall was probably seeing a girl and his not-so straight best friend practically asking if he was single made him uncomfortable. How stupid was he , ugh. That is why it would never work out. Niall was straight, he wasn't. End of discussion, end of love , end of basically ... life. 

Zayn sighed and mumbled.

"I don't really know yet, probably a hotel." 

Niall breathed in and casually suggested.

"A hotel? Mate, come at mine you don't need to spend money on what not when I have a newly bought flat waiting for us." Even though this simple suggestion meant the world to him. If he couldn't have Zayn's heart, at least he could get his actual self. As a friend of course.

Zayn felt his heart stop pounding at his regular rhythm for a moment and took a moment to realise that Niall just asked him to basically move in with him.

"Sure , Niall. I wouldn't mind at all." 

The two boys smiled at each other with a new spark in their eyes. 

Maybe impossible dreams could come true after all.

-*- 

"What the hell are you doing?" Zayn asked as he got out of his shower , a towel wrapped around his waist another one around his head to dry his quiff out the right way. He just came back from his part of helping in Harry's Cheese Day and was insanely tired. He came to the sight of Niall having a huge variety of berries and ice cubes on different bowls with a black mixing machine in the middle of the table.

"Smoothies."

"Smoothies? But it's at least 2 o'clock in the morning! Let me wear some pants and I'll come help you with that." 

"Don't need any help, I make the best smoothies in the world. I just need to make this new mixing machine work. It's good for you, fruits." 

Zayn rushed to his room and dressed himself quickly before joining a very focused Niall in the kitchen. 

He slowly hopped behind Niall's working spot. He didn't really use his clutches anymore, the medical assistant replaced his old bandage with a samson boot helping his feet move freely without problems. 

Niall was trying to keep in place the cup on the top of the bowl full of different half crushed berries. He seemed a bit annoyed and Zayn decided to help a friend in need. He carefully wrapped his hands on his friend's and guided them to close the cup properly. Niall , losing focus by the sudden proximity of his friend and the heat coming from Zayn's that he could feel through his clothes , pressed the start button before they were able to turn the system to lock it properly. Of course, the cup flew away and the sugary mix of berries and ice landed everywhere in the room, covering the two lads in melted juice.

"NIALL, STOP THE MACHINE!"

"I'M TRYING BUT IT ISN'T WORKING."

"IT'S NOT THE RIGHT BUTTON, PRESS 'OFF' YOU DUMBASS." 

Niall quickly pressed the stop button and everything fell back into silence. Berry juice drooling from the walls and clothes , they turned around and glanced at each other during a minute. There was a pause before they burst into fills of laughter. 

"What the hell just happened?!"

"You demonstrated your talent in making the best smoothie ever I guess." 

Niall laughed and looked at Zayn, his face was covered with pink juice.

"You've got a bit there." Niall pointed out with his finger. 

"Oh really?" Zayn teased, knowing that they were both soaked in berry mix.

Niall didn't really realise what he was doing, leaded by a mysterious envy and probably to dizzy with sleep with trailed a finger on Zayn face and gathered a bit of the melted juice. He brought his finger to his mouth and tasted it.

"It's actually pretty good." 

"Probably because it was on my face."

Niall peaked his tongue out childishly.

Zayn stepped closer and took a dash of the smoothie on Niall's face and tasted it too. He cheekily got his other hand full of newly gathered juice out of his back before smashing it in his friend's face.

"I think you have a bit on the cheek! " 

Niall gasped as the freezing feeling sprawled on his face.

"I think you have a bit on your mouth! " He pointed at Zayn's lips as he scattered more smoothie on his friend's mouth. " Let me help you with that." He said and without thinking twice he smashed his lips against the wet and sugary flesh of Zayn's lips. Zayn froze in place for a moment not believing what was happening and quickly recovered from his shock, giving Niall his kiss back fervently. 

It was full of lust yet sweet and the mix of sugary juice and tongues made Niall dizzy with envy. The two lads stepped back and looked at each other for a moment.

''You don't know how long I wanted to do that.'' Zayn finally admitted.

''Are you serious? I've been dreaming about this ever since I saw you but I was sure you were straight. God , I guess I was wrong. Why didn't you tell me?'' Niall confessed with wide surprised eyes.

''I don't know , I was scared.''

''Don't be , you know we will always be honest to each other from now on.''

''What does this make us Niall?''

Niall stepped closer and looked at Zayn's dark eyes with a new spark dancing in his blue orbs.

''Boyfriends?Lovers? Call it what you want , I just want to be with you.''

Zayn smiled and felt his heart tightening with warmth in his chest as he embraced Niall in another longing kiss.

Dreams did come true.

Back to the sleepo...I mean, party.

''That's my boys!'' Harry exclaimed as he hugged Zayn tightly. ''I knew you would be together. Now we can all do on triple couple dates.''

Niall laughed at the idea.

''Harry , I think that romance got your head messed up , you are so cheesy.''

They continued going on with silly and random affirmations and were all half-dead and alcohol dtheir minds blurry made them look delirious , laughing at each bad joke one of them made.

Harry was almost tearing up from laughter and exclaimed.

''Wait , wait ..I have a good one. you hear me ? Are you hearing me?''

The other lads chanted excitingly.

''We areeeeee.''

''Okay okay , Never Have I never , right. Never Have I Never made got someone pregnant. Get it ? CAUSE I'M GAYYY AND IN LOVE.'' He screamed , laughing hysterically on his back. The other boys cheered and giggled at Harry's craziness. What they didn't realise is that Liam slowly rose up from his seating position and took a long gulp of the intoxicating liquid.

Louis turned to Liam and saw him swallowing half of the bottle.

''Liam? Why are you drinking?''

The blokes stopped their movements and they all turned to Liam with shocked looks.

Liam wiped his mouth and looked down , his eyes not quite focused and blurred with a cloud of alcohol. He dizzily exclaimed.

''I didn't want to tell you like this... But ..Lads,

I'm going to be a daddy!''

********************

by the way i wanted to thank you all who are reading this story and loving it , it means a lot to me and your nice comments always make my days. love you guys x

end of Part A. sorry for my niam and ziam shippers :/ but it's for the sake of the story! haha , as always , feels in the comments ?:) xx

- fay

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.3K 312 20
Hanya disebabkan sekeping gambar,Astillah Soraya kena berkahwin dengan Zarith Fahri. Apabila cinta mendatang, bahagia mengiringi. Datanglah Aisy Dali...
790K 25.5K 70
HIGHEST RANKINGS: #1 in teenagegirl #3 in anxiety Maddie Rossi is only 13, and has known nothing but pain and heartbreak her entire life. Only a shel...
4.8K 135 25
With the pending Titan war and prophecy for Percy Jackson's 16th birthday he and Annabeth Chase are hoping for a quiet school year but with heroes st...
20.7K 643 10
He was my best friend. My first love. We grew up together. We promised each other we would always be together, no matter what happens.....things chan...