Pounding Heart

By EmeraldPaint

𝕭𝖔𝖔𝖐 𝕿𝖜𝖔 ~ 𝔇𝔞𝔯𝔨 𝔇𝔯𝔞𝔤𝔬𝔫 𝔖𝔢𝔯𝔦𝔢𝔰 In a world where humans never existed, there're such bei... More

Teaser
Author's Note
Dragon Character Art
Prolouge
The Grand Map
1 : Poisonous Green Eyes
2 : A Dream to Defend
3 : More Than Just Flowers
5 : A Castle of Flames
6 : A Fallen Hero
7 : Arena Survivor
8 : A Proper Farewell
9 : The Seed of Rodna
10 : The Quest's Beginning
11 : The Shadow Sea
12 : A Warm Welcome
13 : The Blue Castle
14 : The Search
15 : Moridax's Grandson
16 : Rodna's Origin
17 : A Breath of Death
18 : The Temple of Pluita
19 : A Hosptitable King
20 : Queen Hyla's Hatchling
21 : The Enemy
22 : The Explaination
23 : Strength of the Gods
24 : The Battle
25 : Poisonous Dagger
26 : Recovery
Announcement
Epilogue

4 : Visions of Darkness

79 8 2
By EmeraldPaint

     I sat up in a grassy meadow. The moonlight reflected blue plants back towards me, and the blooming flowers glowed with a beating red color. Fireflies danced and flickered through the cool air, and I glanced around, confused.

What happened?

     "Unholy monster..." A voice hissed. I spun my head around, but no one was there.

What's going on?

"... Foolish royal hatchling." It laughed darkly.

"Who are you?!" I screamed, but echoes of that dreaded voice slithered into my brain and all I could hear was-

"Disgusting slime..."

"... Unfit to keep your life."

"Filthy snake..."

"The Suns of Kirah"

I clamped my paws over my ears and begged for the voice to stop, but it only laughed harder. It felt like my eardrums would burst, the laughter shook my brain.

"Zepth..." It all ceased. I opened my eyes and slowly brought my paws down.

Queen Hyla stood before me.

Her serpent eyes narrowed to slits, and smoke fumed from her nostrils.

"Hyla." I spoke with a mix of fear and hatred.

"Zepth." She repeated with equal distain. "You think this is over? You think the Blood Wars have ended? You are sadly mistaken, foolish hatching."

"What can you do?" I regained my courage and lifted my chin. "You are dead."

"But I am alive inside you." She sneered, flicking her whiplike tongue out of her teeth. "This is not the first time you've dreamt of me, and it will certainly not be the last."

"What do you want from me!" I roared and charged through her. She vanished in thick smoke, the fog spreading and blinding me. "Why won't you just leave me alone!"

"... The Suns live..." She whispered. "Without me, they act on their own. I assure you, they will seek revenge."

My eyes widened and I coughed in the mist. My throat was closing up and I couldn't breath. The world was going black, and the last thing I saw was a pulsing red flower. A dragon's heart.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

156K 4.5K 44
**Sequel to The Story of Artemis** The first tale was only the beginning. Artemis and her Winglet, after the map to the Islands and prophecy are rec...
2.1K 322 23
❧𝑻𝑯𝑬 𝑯𝑰𝑮𝑯 𝑫𝑹𝑨𝑮𝑶𝑵 𝑲𝑰𝑵𝑮 𝑨𝑵𝑫 𝑯𝑰𝑺 𝑭𝑨𝑻𝑬𝑫 𝑴𝑨𝑻𝑬❦ |A Dark Fantasy Romance Novel| "𝐖𝐞 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐠𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐝."...
2.2K 194 20
IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ Recent events have cancelled this old, old story. However! The synopsis for the rest of the chapters I had planned are at the...
13 1 5
This marks the real beginning of a long journey, of pain, suffering, and losses. As ordinary as a journey may start, no one is capable of guessing wh...