I AM THE LIGHTNING!!! (A RWBY...

By Moises12w3

Beacon has fallen, Ozpin is gone, and the rest of the world is perplexed on what happened to Beacon, Ruby, Ja... More

Character Bio:
Prologue: The New World
Chapter One: In need of Comfort
Chapter Two: Afraid to look Back
Chapter Three: Feel Powerful
Chapter Four: Closing In
Chapter Five: Coming in Hot!
Chapter Six: A Strong Return.
Chapter Seven: The Truth
Chapter Eight: He, of Another World
Chapter Nine: The Roots of a family
Chapter Ten: Down memory lane
Chapter Eleven: Take me Home
Chapter Twelve: Decisions

Chapter Thirteen: Valkyrie

2.8K 65 97
By Moises12w3

3rd POV:

The wind was blowing quietly in Kuroyuri as it was suddenly broken by the sound roaring and a sword clashing as (Y/n) Valkyrie was facing off against a Grimm he declared his rival many years ago, the Nucklavee, an abomination combined of two Grimm, it only had one thing on it's mind: destroy and slaughter, many innocent souls were lost to this monstrosity, and (Y/n) was going to put a stop to it's rain of terror once and for all.

Jaune and Ruby along with Ren, Nora, and Tracy were thrown back as (Y/n) stood his ground, dodging and using his blade, Tempest King, to block it's long arm attacks.

Tracy: "That thing is a monster!" She said as she shot two arrows at it and it suddenly extended its arm and threw her back into a building.

Jaune: "Tracy!!" Jaune said angrily as he managed to slash it's arm but just barely, it used it's other arm to try and grab him but before it could (Y/n) slashed at its horse's chest as it retracted it's arms and grabbed (Y/n) as it did a spin and sent him flying in the air, as he fell the Grimm ran and used it's horse's back legs to kick (Y/n) right in his ribs as a loud crack was heard and he was sent flying into a building.

Nora: "(Y/N)!!!" Nora screamed in fear as she ran toward her brother to help as the Grimm extended its arm and pinned her to the floor.

Ren: "NORA!!!" Ren yelled in rage as he drew his StormFlowers and started shooting at it, it grabbed Nora and threw her at Ren, Ruby using her semblance managed to get to (Y/n) who was leaned up against a wall and was coughing out blood, Ruby ran up to him and grabbed his hand as she started to cry.

Ruby: "No, no, no! Please be okay!" She cried.

(Y/n): "Damn..and here I thought *Coughs* that I wasn't going to lose from here on out..*Coughs*" He said.

Ruby: "(Y/n), don't give up on me!" She said as he looked at her with his good eye and smiled.

(Y/n): "I'm sorry...Rubes...I didn't get to say how sorry I was...for dumping you...I regret it...Ruby I...I...It's Okay." He said as a tear slid down his cheek as suddenly he closed his eye slowly, and Ruby started to freak out as she was shaking him but he wasn't opening his eye or breathing.

Ruby: "No, no, your not going to die on me!" She said as she laid him down and started doing CPR on him.

Ruby: "Please no! Please no! Please No!!!" She said continuing her CPR as suddenly the world felt like it was going slow motion, she looked around and saw Jaune and Tracy attacking the Grimm as it sent them flying back, at that moment Ruby didn't know what to do, the guy she loved was dying, her friends were being attack, and all of it was too much for her, she suddenly grabbed Crescent Rose and angrily turned to the Grimm as she started shooting at it as she charged at it with rage, but suddenly it turned to her and grabbed her by her leg as it swung her around like a rag doll smashing her into buildings and the ground, it drew her closer as it was going to eat her.

Jaune: "Nooo!!" Jaune shouted as he sheathed his sword into his shield and drew it out again but showed off his new upgrade.

He charged and slashed it on the hind leg as it shrieked in pain, Ruby snapped out of being unconscious transformed Crescent Rose into its gun mode and shot at the Grimm as it let her go.

Ruby: "Thanks Jaune!!" Ruby said as they smiled at each and and charged at the Grimm together, the upper body of the Grimm suddenly raised its hands and did a spin as it slapped them away, but just then Tracy jumped down from a tower and want an arrow flying towards it's eye, the Grimm shrieked even louder as it hit it's eye, but it suddenly heard Qrow cough as it charged at him, Jaune ran and used his shield to block it out but he was smacked out of the way, Ren not too far away used his semblance to hide Qrow from its attention.

Ren: "Jaune get him somewhere safe now!!" He said as the Grimm charged at him I instead as Ruby shot at it from the roofs as was Tracy with her arrows.

Nora was about to go join her but suddenly noticed (Y/n) in a building laying down.

Nora: "(Y/n)!? (Y/N)!?!" She shouted crying as she ran to him and checked if he had a heart beat, he didn't.

Nora: "NO! YOUR NOT DYING ON ME YOU SELFLESS BASTARD!!" She shouted angrily as she ran and you'd her hammer to get to the top of a tower and held up her hammer in the sky.

Nora: "If I'm also a Valkyrie! Then help me save my brother!!" She shouted as a small tornado surrounded Nora and she suddenly heard a voice.

Thor: "Save him!" She heard as a big blue lightning bolt landed on her hammer.

As she got enough to absorb she pointed her hammer at (Y/n) as a stream of Lightning was shot at him getting the attention of everyone.

(Y/n)'s POV:

I opened my eyes and sat up realizing I was in total darkness.

(Y/n): "I'm...Im I dead?" I asked out loud.

??: "No, but you are badly hurt." A voice said as I looked everywhere to see where it came from and saw no one.

??: "You can't see me yet, if that's what your doing." The voice was Feminine.

(Y/n): "Who are you? Why can't I see you? And is there a way back!? My friends and family are fighting-"

??: "The Nuckelavee, I know, quite a Grimm that is, I'm actually quite jealous, the only big one I've ever fought were the Nevermore." She said.

??: "But anyways to answer your questions, you can't see me unless I allow you to, and yes, there is a way for you to go back." She answered.

(Y/n): "What is the way?!" I asked anxiously.

??: "Do you want to?" She asked as that confused me.

(Y/n): "Of cour-"

??: "Let me rephrase that, Why do you want to go back?" She asked as I knew why but for some reason I hesitated to answer that.

??: "You won't have to fight anymore, have no worries, and just rest, why go back to the pain and suffering in Remnant?" She asked me.

(Y/n): "Because my sister and loved ones are there, I know thier strong and can handle themselves, without a doubt they keep on to Haven, but.. they'll very very sad if I just go like that, and besides, I can't die without seeing all of us reunited again, plus I personally have a bunch of fights I have to win, especially this one, a Grimm like, who's slaughtered innocent people and destroyed homes like that, it has to be destroyed." I answered as suddenly a red glowing dot appeared in front of me.

??: "Hehe, couldn't have answered it any better, so here's the thing, Thor's power aren't activating right now, because Nora is borrowing it."

(Y/n): "What? How?" I said surprised.

??: "Sweetie Thor hasn't told you everything has he?" She asked.

(Y/n): "I-I don't know, he just told me about how he got to Remnant, how he met his wife and that they lived happily on a farm, that I was the only Valkyrie able to use his power, that's it!" I told the voice.

??: "How typical of him, always with theses stupid half truths and secrets, jeez, listen right now your powers are going to come back to you, I'll give you some of my energy to heal you up, I can only do that much for now, but promise me you won't tell Thor about me and that you'll kill that Grimm!" She said as I smiled confidently.

(Y/n): "Of course I will." I said.

??: "Good, now get out there and destroy that thing!" She said excitedly.

(Y/n): "Wait! Who are you?" I asked as suddenly the dot vanished and suddenly a fire came on as in front of me SHE stood.

Jane: "I'm Jane Valkyrie, but you can call me: Grimm Slayer." She said as I suddenly I opened my eyes and a lightning bolt came right towards me as I rose my Twin Gales up and the lightning collided with them, as it did my lightning mode activated.

Thor: "Good to see your alive."

(Y/n): "Save it, you and I have a lot to discuss after all this, but right now imma kill this thing once and for all!" I said as i charged as the Nuckelavee extended its arm to try and grab me but I dodged it by jumping in the air, using my swords, I did a spin along it's arm while slashing it.

As I went up to its shoulder, I was going to slash its head, but before I could it dodged me by moving it's body and I fell next to Jaune and Ruby.

Ruby: "You're okay!" She said happily.

(Y/n): "You seriously think imma allow myself to die before the whole team is reunited? Hehe it ain't my time yet." I said as the Nuckelavee smacked Ren into Nora not to far away as I saw Ren's aura dispel.

(Y/n): "Ren!!" I shouted as I quickly made my way over to him and Nora.

(Y/n): "You okay?" I asked helping me up as he pushed me.

Ren: "I'm fine!" He said angrily as he grabbed his StormFlowers and ran up a tree and started shooting at it, it turned to him and extended his arm as it pinned him to the wall of a tower.

(Y/n): "Damn it Ren! He's being reckless!" I shouted as Nora grabbed her hammer and turned to Ruby.

Nora: "Ruby!" She shouted as Ruby nodded as she got her scythe ready and Nora jump over to her as Ruby did a spin with her Sycthe and launched  Nora to save Ren from an oncoming attack.

(Y/n): "Nora!!" I shouted with fear as the dust cleared and showed her hanging from her hammer as I sighed with relief.

Nora: "Stop looking!" My sister head as where Ren was he could get a pretty good view.

(Y/n): "Ren,  you low-key perv now's not the time!" I shouted a the Nuckelavee suddenly started smashing Nora on the ground before throwing her off as her Aura dispelled.

(Y/n): "Why you!!" I said as I pointed one of my Twin Gale at it and it shot up a lightning bolt hitting in the eye Tracy had hit with her arrow as it shrieked with pain as Ren angrily stabbed and shot at it to release it grip on him while Jaune came and slashed it on its hind leg, Ren got free and ran at it attacking but it smacked him away as Ren kept going at it recklessly.

Jaune: "Ren knock it off!!" Jaune shouted as Ren charged again but this time it got his leg and started smashing him around as he sent him flying toward Nora,  Ren didn't want to stop until I held him back.

(Y/n): "Oh no you dont!"

Ren: "Let me go (Y/n)!" He shouted trying to get me out of the way but I didn't, as Nora suddenly tackled us both under a house as Ruby, Tracy, and Jaune fought it off as Ren was about to go but once again I blocked his path.

Ren: "Get out of my way!" He told me angrily.

(Y/n): "No." I said sternly as he punched me in the face.

Nora: "Ren!" Nora said holding him back.

(Y/n): "Did that make you feel any better?" I asked as I came toward him and grabbed his shirt.

(Y/n): "Cause if it did then go ahead and keep going, I rather you stay here and let your anger out on me then go out there and kill yourself, it can't end like that." I said as tears started falling out of my eye, he suddenly tried to get up but Nora grabbed his arm.

Ren: "Let me Go! Their going to get hurt if we-" before he could finish Nora slapped him in the face.

Nora: "No, we won't let you kill yourself like this, after everything the three of us have been through, I don't want it to end, I want to be able to hold you and my little brother by my side always, and I..." She started to tear up and sniffle.

Nora: "...I-I can't do that if any of you are gone." She said crying as for a second as I blinked a saw a scared younger Nora.

As I blinked again and saw my sister now.

I looked over to Ren to see what he'd do or say, as he sighed and took out the dagger his dad gave him.

I knew that dagger was a momento to his father as I put my Twin Gales away and brought out the dagger he replicated for me.

Ren looked at my dagger and smiled.

Ren: "You still have it." He said happily.

(Y/n): "My brother made it for me." I said smiling at him as Nora came closer and put her hands on both our daggers.

Nora: "What are you little brother?" She asked smiling proudly as I smiled too.

(Y/n): "I'm the Lightning."

Nora: "I'm the Thunder."

Ren: "I'm the Rain." Ren said smiling proudly.

(Y/n)/Nora/Ren: "And together we are: THUNDERSTORM!!" We said togehter for the first time, we walked out, Nora picked her hammer up as me and Ren held our daggers in hand, as Jaune, Tracy, and Ruby came to our side and we stood there as the Nuckelavee walked back and forth waiting on us.

Tracy: "What's the plan?" Tracy asked.

(Y/n): "We do this together." I said.

Ruby: "Right! Me, (Y/n), Tracy, and Jaune will handle the arms."

Nora: "I'll handle the horse."

(Y/n): "You got the rest Ren." I said as he smiled at me.

Ren: "Thank you brother." He said as Nora ran up a tower as Ruby started shooting at it, as it extended its hand to try and get her, but she jumped as I came in, pulled out Tempest King and stabbed it's arm as Ruby used her scythe in the air and shot herself downward and landed on my blades handle slamming the sword down on the ground.

(Y/n): "Nice team work Rose petal!" I said as she gave me a smile and wink, I looked over and saw the Nuckelavee use it's other arm to try to grab Jaune, only for Tracy, using Jaune's shield, to jump on it's hand and slam it to the floor.

Tracy: "Now Janue!!" She shouted as Jaune stabbed it's arm on the ground with his sword.

Tracy: "Look at you so big and strong Arc." She complemented as Jaune smiled proudly, now it was Nora's turn as I looked up and saw her at the top of the tower with her back turned.

As she was falling she did a couple of spins with her hammer as she smashed the head of the horse on the ground as the Nuckelavee shrieked in pain.

(Y/n): "That's my sis." I said proudly, as now it was time for Ren to end it, as he walked up to its face as it roared at him.

Ren held his dagger tight as he cut off the arm Jaune and Tracy were holding, Ren soon grabbed it's horn to hold it still as he cut the arm Ruby and I were holding, he let it go as it shrieked in pain as he slashed it across the chest, but suddenly I got that feeling of something wrong again as I held my head in pain.

Ruby: "(Y/n), what's wrong?" She asked as suddenly I saw the Nuckelavee contorted it's head as it grabbed a long spear from its back with its mouth and suddenly, using it's head threw the spear at Tracy, hitting her in the stomach as everyone went wide eyed with shock.

(Y/n): "TRACY!!!!" I shouted with fear as I ran to her as Ren quickly slashed its head off, Jaune caught her in his arms as I took her from him.

(Y/n): "No! No! No! Noooo!" I cried out.

Tracy: "Oh...would you...look at that...ive been impaled..hehe."

(Y/n): "Stop making jokes!!" I shouted crying with pain.

Tracy: "Hey, hey, Its okay...its Okay, it's okay...This is perfect.." She said.

(Y/n): "No, no, no it's not, please don't go...please don't leave me.." I said.

Tracy: "Its okay (Y/n)...I promised you I'd dedictate...my life to you, when we first meet remember?" She said as I remembered it was when I first met her when she was a taxi driver, she suddenly pulled out a small pouch and handed it to me.

Tracy: "Don't...open this...till you get to Mistral...Red." She said giving me a smile as suddenly...

3rd POV:

Tracy had faded away as green petals, (Y/n) put his hands down and cried in silence, Ruby walked up and dropped to her knees as she hugged him from behind, Ren and Nora hugged each other and looked away, as Jaune walked away to go get Qrow as he cried himself, when he returned he heard something.

Jaune: "Guys! I hear something!" He shouted carrying Qrow as they all looked up and saw airships flew toward them.

As they landed an officer came down with a better Stretcher for Qrow, everyone but (Y/n) and Ruby got on the airship and waited for them.

Ruby: "(Y/n)...Their waiting for us.." She said about to let go as suddenly (Y/n) grabbed her and gave her a piggyback ride.

Ruby: "(Y/n)...you Don't-"

(Y/n): "Lets go." He said with a smile that Ruby knew too well, it was the smile he always used when he was hiding his true feelings, it worried her, as he put her on the airship with Jaune and Qrow and he went with Nora and Ren.

Jaune: "How did you find us out here?" Jaune asked the officer.

Officer: "We were out on patrol and saw that big smoke, no one's been out here for years, thought something could be wrong." He said as Ruby got up and went to check on Qrow.

Ruby: "What if we don't make it on time?" She said worried about her uncle.

Jaune: "Ruby." He said as she looked up and saw they had made it.

Ruby: "We made it uncle Qrow." She said happily to him.

On the other airship sat Ren, Nora, and (Y/n) though they had finually made it, Ren and Nora couldn't help but be worried and sad for (Y/n), Tracy was basically like a sisterly like sidekick, she had seen him at his best and worst, and now...she was gone.

(Y/n): "You two can stop staring at me now, I'm fine." He told them not facing them.

Nora: "You may say so but your obviously not." She said putting her hand over his, they managed to see a single tear run down his cheek.

(Y/n): "Hehe, she was like a second sister to me." He said crying and laughing.

Ren: "I'm sorry." Ren said.

(Y/n): "Don't be, it's not your fault, and you guys shouldn't be too worried about me, yeah this...is sad and it hurts alot, but...I can grieve and cry my eyes out but that isn't going to bring her back, now all I can do is continue on without her, not because I want to but becasue she'd want me to, after all I still have my family here, and she always told me that family is the most precious and irreplaceable thing this world can give you, so you must always hold on to them and go on for them, so I'll do so, for Tracy." He said wiping his tears and looking at the city happily, as Ren and Nora smiled at him as they grabbed hands themselves.

(Y/n)'s POV:

Once we got to the city, we got Qrow to a doctor and we got rooms at an inn, finually we can rest up, tomorrow we'll see what our next move will going to be, I had paid for my own room, much to everyone's worry but I didn't need them to be, I did tell them the truth, I am going to be okay, obviously I it hurts and...I'm truly sad about Tracy, how couldn't I be, after all she had gone on a journey with me, she will always have a special place in my heart, and I am going to miss her so, so much, but she'd want me to keep my focus on helping Ruby and everyone, in her eyes I was always a hero, and heroes need to give people hope even when they, themselves, feel like there isn't any, her words.

As I got settled in I noticed the pouch Tracy told me not to open till I got to Mistral, it was at the desk, I stood up from my bed and went to open it, inside I found a folded piece of paper and...a necklace.

I put the necklace ring to the side as I opened the folded paper up and sad it's content.

"Dear, (Y/n),

       If your reading this letter from the pouch I gave you, it's most likely because something happened to me on our journey and I didn't make it.

This is honestly the first time I've ever written a letter to someone, funny how if this was my first it might be my last, but anyway, the reason I wrote this letter is because...I want you to know that I'm thankful to any God or Goddess or Fate or Destiny that brought you into my life, I didn't really have supportive parents when I was young, they raised me till I turned six and then dumped me at an orphanage, that place wasn't any better, my parents ignored me, but the girls in the orphanage made fun of me and called me a freak, becasue of my hair color, it was like that all the way till I turned 14, that's when I joined a combat school and learned how to fight and stuff and you already know how that went, a whole year I spent being a taxi driver, and I hated it, people were rude and bossy and just ugh! You know? But that all changed when I met you, obviously when I first met you I just thought you were some lucky ass kid who got to make his dream a reality, while I didn't, but the thing that caught me by surprise was the fact that you asked me about my dreams and goals and told me to grab hold of it and to do anything to accomplish it, no one ever asked me nor gave me advice like that before, the fact that you offered to help me is what really settled it for me, because as soon as you offered to help me, I knew at that very moment, I'd follow you anywhere, and I have, I've seen you at your worse and your best, I met your friends, and soon they became my friends, the day you told me to help you out with the White Fang while your team fought at the Vytal Fesatval tournament, that's when our partnership set sail, I saw you fight, spare enemies, fight and worry for your friends, give inspiration, motivate others, etc.

And with all of that I saw, you know what I came to realize? You, (Y/n) Valkyrie, are a hero, I used to not believe in heroes, heck I hated wanna be superheroes, and yet...there You were; saving lives, risking your ass, and showing everyone that "Hey there is a person that gives a damn! And he's right here!" That! Is the hero I believe in, the hero I will follow anywhere, the hero...who gave me a great life, one of danger, and thrill, and excitement, and of memories that will always stay with me till the end, if I could do it all over, I would and I wouldn't change a single thing, well maybe one thing, and that would be to make it so I had met you sooner.

(Y/n), I love you, and I thank you for all you've done and shown me, you made my dream come true, my only hope and dream for you now, is for you to one day be able to say you did have a good life, despite all the bad you've gone through, the future and your life are in your hands, and it's up to you to decide how it goes and ends, take care of Nora and Ruby, and everyone for me, their your family, and do me the favor of taking care of yourself too, Oum knows I have, he also knows you deserve to be happy despite being a fighter from the beginning, hopefully one day that won't be the case anymore, thank you for being my partner in crime, my friend.

Never stop being a hero, never stop helping those in need, and most importantly, never give up.

Goodbye, my hero.

-Tracy."

I have no words for that, all my life I imagined myself becoming a hero, just like in comics and stories, I wanted to fight that good fight and become a person the world would turn to for help and hope, but I learned early on, that it wasn't going to be easy and it would take time, I trained with Ren and my sister after the Nuckelavee destroyed Kuroyuri, and even more afterwards on my own, then I met my female version, Ruby, from there I knew there was people who dreamed and pushed themselves just like me, then I discovered what it was to have friends, socialize, and be apart of a team, with enjoyment and happiness of friendship, came the worry and anxiety of knowing that just as easily as it came, it can easily be taken away, after the paranoia and worrying came the real threats, and soon enough came the despair and destruction, that divided and tore all that you believed and held dear, pretty soon you are left hopeless and Apathetic, but Fate and Destiny work in mysterious ways when they make you see that there is a way to save yourself, and it's by remembering that if one should  fall he or she knows to pick him or herself up again, because you might never know who is watching and may need help themselves, that is what a great man once said:

"That person who helps others simply because it should and must be done and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt a real superhero." -S.L

So where ever I end up, I'll fight for the innocent, for those who can't fight for themselves, for my sister, for my friends, for my team, for the fallen, for Tracy, Pyrrah, and Penny, for myself, and for Remnant.

The fight against the Grimm, Cinder, and Salem, It will be the fight of our lives, so if this is where it's all been leading to, then this time I can gladly say, bring it on.

(End credits music)

(A/N: FINUALLY ALL DONE WITH THIS VOLUME! THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR READING AND TAKING YOUR TIME TO DO SO, AND AS ALWAYS YOUR SUPPORT AND EVERYTHING IS GREATLY APPRECIATED, STAY TUNED FOR VOL. 5 AND AS ALWAYS MY GOOD PEOPLE STAY GOLDEN AND KEEP YOUR HEADS UP! THIS IS MOISES12W3 SIGNING OUT AND A YANG!)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

88.3K 994 19
Due to a tragic incident that took place in Haven Academy, (Y/N) (L/N) was forced to move to Vale. After being recognized for his potential, he was a...
34.3K 938 28
(Vol 1-3 Beacon arc) "You can certainly fulfill your wish to "save someone". But a wish for you to save yourself, does not exist. You will embrace a...
2K 23 8
You guys already know this shit gonna be good!!!! Fair warning if this book does really well I will put a special chapter in the story for those damm...
5.8K 245 13
Always living on the streets and willing to do anything to survive, Y/N roamed the streets of Mistral, robbing from the rich in order to provide a wa...