Zayn Malik's Long Lost Sister...

By HawaiianDreamer808

Marley is a young girl who, after 16 years, finally has the answers to the questions she had asked, her whole... More

Zayn Malik's Long Lost Sister
2. Marley
3. Punished Warrior
4. The Nerve Of Some People & Links
5. '' No, no blood. ''
6. Donnie
7. He Still Likes Me More
8. A Guys Name
9. Baby Photo's
10. Tuna
11. Alyssa
12. Searching & Talking
13. As A Big Brother Should
14. Confessions
15. Hero
16. Rooms
17. Phone Call
19. Doing What You Don't
20. Marine Park After Dark
21. Hurtful Goodbyes
22. In Case
23. This Is It
24. Zayn
25. Louis, Niall, & Harry
26. Liam
27. Family
28. A Mothers Love
29. Hotel Room
30. The Locket
31. Free Hand
32. Liar
33. Surprisingly
34. Don't They Miss Me?
35. The Mall
36. Awkward Phone Calls
37. Zayn & Donnie
38. Guests
39. Setting You Free
40. The Edward Situation
41. Safaa & Therapy
42. Road Rage
43. Family Love
44. Unexpected
45. Patricia
46. English Rose
47. New Way Of Communication
48. Dinner With Perrie
49. The Club
50. Drunk Liam
51. Black Diamond
52. The Table
53. So Ridiculous That Its Stupid
54. Date Planning
55. It's A Good Morning
56. On The Road
57. Aquarium
58. Like Oprah
59. The Big House
60. Extended Family
61. Boyfriend Problems
62. Burning
63. Hospital
64. Pain and Eddie.
65. Where Is It?
66. Never Going Back
67. Roots Before Branches
68. Surprise
69. Hate
70. London
71. Hibiscus
72. Locked Doors
73. Passion
74. Embarrassing
75. Broken Trust
76. Landon
77. Go Away
78. Memories
79. Stained Glass
80. Strangers Masks
81. Calm
82. Jason and Emily
83. Thoughts and Opinions
84. Airport
Authors Note / Really Important
NEW BOOK/SEQUEL

18. Three Little Birds

6.7K 173 128
By HawaiianDreamer808

Edward had insisted on taking me home, though I asked if I could walk and meet up with him later. While he got ready before we left his house, I tried to sneak away because I'm sure he doesn't know where I live anyway. But he ran out of his bathroom to catch me before I left, carried me from behind with just one arm, walked back into the bathroom, sat me on the toilet, and locked the door while he finished gelling his hair.

I watched as he unshamefully styled his hair up, his face looking a bit mysterious as he watched his reflection. He washed his hands clean and began brushing his teeth.

"You take forever getting ready, you know that?" I sighed, pretending to be overly dramatic.

"I still haven't changed my tampon, hunny. It's gonna be a while longer." Edward responded over a mouth full of foam toothpaste.

"You're gross."

He turned his head and smiled at me and making it so he has better access at brushing his front teeth.

After he spat out, he was ready to go.

"Wait, where are the tampons?" I asked, standing from the toilet.

"You need?" He asked, grabbing a small box from behind the mirror. I thought it weird that he knew exactly where it was. He held it out for me to take.

I pushed it back his way. "No, you need."

"I was joking." Edward breathily chuckled.

"You sure?" I raised an eyebrow and we both laughed.

"C'mon. Ready to go?" He asked, opening up the door for me. I walked past him and he ran to his room to grab a jacket before he met me at the front door.

We left the house and headed for the sidewalk.

"We can walk if you would like." Edward suggested. I actually wanted to be driven there so I can get this over with, the sooner the better. I told him my thoughts. He nodded and unlocked the passenger door, holding it open for me and motioned with his other hand for me to get in. I thanked him quietly and got into his car, watching as he went around the front and got into the drivers seat.

The jeep hummed to life and I buckled myself up as he pulled away from the curb.

"Alyssa informed me that you like to cuddle." I started.

"I thought we weren't allowed to speak of it. You're lucky I have no pillows." Edward teased, smirking my way for a moment.

"I can speak of it. You can't."

"That's hardly fair."

"That's the point, actually." He chuckled. "She said you hated being alone in the dark. Why?"

"I just like the comfort of being safe." He said.

"So, you sleep with someone every night?"

"No, I sleep with my pillows in my arms. It's hardly a substitute, but it works."

We came up to a stop sign with three options of directions ahead of us. I pointed straight and he drive forward.

"Why, though? What traumatized you so much that you hate being alone in the dark?"

His hand tightened around the steering wheel and his jaw tensed, his eyes glued to the road ahead of him. I could tell he didn't want to talk about it, so I didn't want to push. But I felt bad that I had upset him.

My hand reached over to his that was gripping the steering wheel, my fingertips ghosting over the back of his hand until I felt more confident and laid my palm against his hand. His eyes watched what I was doing before they flicked over to my face.

"I'm sorry." Was all I said.

His eyes went back to the road and I took my hand back as I watched his face soften. "It's okay, Marley. It was a long time ago."

"Turn right." I yawned, covering my mouth. He made the turn and my neighborhood started. As he drove, he peeked at the houses.

"Damn, you live here?" He mumbled.

"No," I sighed. He slowed some as I locked eyes with my house. We stopped at the end of the driveway, the gate closed and the house behind the bars slowly started to embarrass me. "I live here."

He got out of the jeep and I did the same. He looked up at the house while we walked towards the security code-pad for the gate. I punched in the five numbers, my body blocking Edward's line of vision behind me. As I pushed the bars open, my name was yelled from inside the house before the front door flew open.

My walk slowed as I made my way to to my parents who were rushing at me. As soon as I was in arms reach, I was tugged into a constricting embrace by them both.

"Marley, we thought something had happened to you." My mom breathed out, close to my left ear. "We waited up all night for you to come back home."

"Is this the bastard that took you?" My dad asked furiously, releasing me so I could be pulled back towards the house by my mom. My dad advanced towards Edward.

I pulled myself from my moms hold and squirmed myself between my dad and Edward. "He isn't a bastard; he's my friend. And he didn't take me. I had pizza over at his house with his family. I'm sure you could understand why I didn't want to come home last night."

"You had us worried sick-" My mom started.

"I sent you both a text saying I was fine." I said, cutting her off.

"Get in the house." My father sighed in frustration, his index and thumb pinching the bridge of his nose.

I grabbed Edward's hand and pulled him towards the front door with me, but his hand was jerked out of my grip. I turned to see my dad had Edward by the arm.

"He isn't going inside, Marley. You know how your mother and I-"

"Save it." I spat, walking back towards my dad and peeling his hand away from Edward. "He's my friend and the only person I really want to talk to right now."

I pushed Edward ahead of me, feeling my eyes sting.

I couldn't believe how cold I was being to my parents. Maybe I should back off a bit, seeing as they were the ones who loved and cared for me when I needed it most. But they raised me around a secret that had killed me repeatedly inside. Why not have allowed me to know soon, at a younger age where all this hurt wouldn't have been necessary. I'm sure if they would've let me grown up around the fact, I would've been fine today. Life would've been different.

But maybe a part of me was glad that it happened this way. Because now I know of my other family; my brother and sisters.

I thought of this while addressing Edward up to my room. I shut the door as soon as we were inside and all I wanted to do was scream.

Seeing my parents after the outbreak from last night, set off so much emotions I don't have the strength to fight with. I felt my knees started to shake and I leaned my back against the bedroom door, sliding down the polished wood until I sat on the floor.

I didn't realize until I started to shake with raw emotions, that I was being held. I cannot believe I was having a mental break down in the presence of another person. I involuntarily leaned into Edward and he kept his hold on me as my tears streamed down my face and sobs ripped their way through my throat.

He hushed me quietly as I cried, cradling my head to his chest and shifting himself around me so I sat between his legs in a more comfortable position. I shook with anger and pain, I was mad because I'm not who I thought I was. I don't even know who I am. I'm not even a Malik, the way I thought I was. I was something else entirely.

I felt Edward's chest vibrate as he talked, but I couldn't hear him over the sound of my world crashing down around me.

I was a drunken mistake.

As I thought of this, I cried harder. I cried for the hard times my parents have given me throughout my life, I cried for the many doctors appointments that weren't even necessary, I cried for my mom, I cried for my dad, I cried for Patricia, I cried for the man who made me, I cried for Zayn, I cried for my sisters, I cried for Heather who was raped, I cried for Alyssa having to live with that, I cried for Edward having to be put through my breakdown right now, I cried for Grace's Barbie dolls, I cried for the one representing me, I cried for both of my names, I cried for being a secret kept for more than six-teen years.

I cried for myself and my broken heart.

And Edward held me through it all, whispering words to try to sooth my pent up emotions that had my eyes peeing rivers. And as the tears continued, my eyes started to sting of their salt water and my nose began to run so sniffling was heard every few seconds.

"Marley, you've got me." Edward cooed, his fingers stroking through my hair, the way my mom would do if I'm upset or scared. The gentle massage on my scalp had always helped me calm down.

I hiccup as my breathing tried to calm and my tears tried to stop. But a soft musical noise reached my ears and I peered up at Edward, who was singing quietly and soothingly. He was singing Bob Marley's ''Three Little Birds'', slow and smooth.

"Don't worry... About a thing.. Because every little thing, is gonna be alright.... Rise up this morning, smile with the rising sun... Three little birds, is by my door step.. Singing sweet songs, a melody pure and true... Singing; this is my message to you-" Edward finally looked down to me, eyes meeting mine. His cheeks were colored and his smile was bright.

"You sang for me?"

"It's a lovely song." Edward stated, untightening his hold on me so I could move. Or so that he could. His hand came to my cheek and the pad of his thumb grazed over a few of my tears, gently brushing them away.

I closed my eyes as he did this and when I opened them, his face was close to mine, his features soft and sincere. My eyes traveled down to his lips as they parted, then I looked away and cleared my throat, shifting myself out of his lap so I could shower.

"Thanks, Edward." I sighed, gathering my clothes while he still sat on the floor with a dazed expression. "For everything."

"It's not a problem at all." He quickly said, collecting himself and standing up from the floor by the door. "Is it alright if I..." He said, pointing to the bed.

"Sure, take a load off." I said, holding my clean clothes in my arms. I grabbed a clean towel and walked into the bathroom shutting the door.

"Oh my god." I sighed, leaning my weight against the wooden barrier separating me from Edward.

I can't do this him or myself. I wanted to kiss him. I wanted the close feeling I would have with him if our lips had met. He's so sweet and gentle. But I'm leaving tomorrow and I have so many more things to worry about than having a long distance romance with a handsome Florida boy. I dropped my head in my head and growled frustratingly at myself. I'm six-teen. I'm young. I don't need a boyfriend, I don't need all this drama. I need to get my life back on track before I could board any passengers that are willing to ride the train leading nowhere.

I pushed myself off of the door and stripped down in front of the mirror, watching my face as I made myself naked. My eyes were blood shot, my nose was pink. I looked a hot mess. Hopefully the shower will help me. But I brushed my teeth first, feeling relieved as the foamed cleaned my mouth.

I heated up the water to a satisfying degree for the shower and allowed the hot water and steam to unravel my nerves and relax my tense muscles. I washed my hair repeatedly with shampoo, letting it sit while I scrubbed down my body. After about shampooing my hair five times, I deep conditioned it. Not a lot of people do this, but it helps soften my hair. I use a certain shampoo and conditioner, though.

After drying myself off, I slipped into a matching bra and panties, them both being just a plain white. I slid on skinny jeans that were a faded blue and had my white button-up sleeveless shirt with lace material on the shoulders. As I walked out of the bathroom, I shuffled the towel through my hair and peered around. Edward wasn't in my room anymore.

I dropped my towel in the hamper and ran down the stairs to hear my father and mother both trying to keep their voices down.

"What's going on?" I asked. My parents stood side by side with Edward standing a few feet in front of them, their glares set to deadly in the large white, clean kitchen.

"They think I'm the one who had something to do with you finding out." Edward said quietly.

"And he isn't allowed here anymore, Marley." My dad spoke. "Do you understand me?"

"Fine because tomorrow, I'm out of here. I'm packing my things tonight."

"And where will you stay? You can't just leave." My mother fired.

"I-"

"I want this bastard out of my house!" My dad boomed, reaching for Edward.

I pulled Edward towards me and quickly held his hand, fingers lacing through his. "Where he goes, I'm going."

"Why are you doing this to us, Marley?!" My father yelled, pulling at his light colored hair.

"How could you do this to me?" I yelled back, tears threatening to spill over. "I was left in the dark all my life and I didn't even know it! Do you know how cruel that is?!"

"Marley, I think you should tell them." Edward sighed.

I closed my eyes, then took in a deep breath. "I'm going to England. Zayn has already bought my ticket and I'm leaving tomorrow."

They're faces froze over, hell froze over, heaven froze over. Time even stopped. But then everything raged forward and they started screaming at me. They told me I cannot go, simply because I'm a minor and they are my parents who are saying no.

"That's a load of shit, because you don't have my birth rights. You have no say in this." I grumbled, shutting them both up. "Sucks to be left in a corner with nowhere to go, huh?"

"If you leave out that door, I don't want you coming back." My mother said through her teeth.

"Emily!" My father exclaimed.

"Don't, Jason. She has a choice. Us or them."

I scoffed. "Then I guess I'm going with a light load."

I stormed out of the house but I heard my mother break down before I could close the front door behind me. Realizing what I had just said, what I had just done, pity clawed at my chest and started nipping at my heart. I wanted to turn back and hug her, but this isn't my fault and I'd be damned if they make me apologize for this.

I continued to walk out of the yard with Edward's hand still in mine.

"Are you gonna be okay?" He asked me as soon as he got into his jeep.

"Define 'Okay'." I sighed, leaning against the leather interior, picking at my nails, in my lap.

(Hey, guys!

Thanks for reading. Please shoot me a follow and a vote. Sorry I haven't updated, been a bit distracted lately.

I went around yesterday to see all that's happened since the hurricane and the emotional, along with physical damage, is heart wrenching.

But I have taken a break from being distracted and have updated just for you!

I love you guys, your my inspiration. Thanks for all the reads, votes, and comments. Your the best x)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.7K 110 53
Chloe is a 19 year old girl, with brown hair, brown eyes & a very slim figure. She is adopted. Her parents are rich & she has two siblings. She has a...
6.6M 208K 41
Lennon's dad, Axel is out of the grave and walking the Earth, willing and able to destroy anything that comes between him and his prize, even his own...
7.3K 319 76
I'm a girl in a country I've never been before. I'm all alone and my goal is to start a new life with more adventure than my other regular boring day...
30.6K 1K 42
Running away from her past, Perrie thought she had finally moved on. But little did she knew, she was walking into the lion den itself. After losing...