G H O S T R U N N E R

AmberLeeH13

{Completed} Arden is a werewolf. Abused in everyway and used in superstitious practices due to her odd fur co... Еще

<P R O L O G U E>
<O N E>
<T W O>
< T H R E E >
< F O U R >
< F I V E >
< S I X >
< S E V E N >
< E I G H T >
< N I N E >
< E L E V E N >
< T W E L V E >
< T H I R T E E N >
< F O U R T E E N >
< F I F T E E N >
< S I X T E E N >
< S E V E N T E E N >
< E I G H T T E E N >
< N I N E T E E N >
IF YOU LIKED THIS....
ANOTHER RECOMMENDATION...

< T E N >

24.8K 1.4K 132
AmberLeeH13

© Amber Kalkes 2014

Song--------------}

< T E N >

Sam gapes at the large cabin style mansion before him. The whole way there has been pretty silent minus some rumbling growls from Arden’s giant wolf form at Farah’s still pissed looking wolf. The ride was a bit odd for him, he won’t lie but it was also exhilarating too. Arden could move fast and she even weaved through trees like a pro as well.

Both women are shifting back as Sam looks at the mansion in the distance but he’s happy to report its Arden who produces herself first. She’s in the peach colored dress again that seemed to highlight her long tanned legs and makes Sam drool like the hypothetical dog he is. She blushes and smiles a bit dipping her head before walking over to Sam without hesitation.

He loves that she doesn’t hesitate.

“Well hello there, sweetheart.” He grins.

“Hi.” She responds shyly, “Was the ride okay?”

He winks at her deciding to tease her when her cheeks redden, “Best I’ve had.”

She blushes even more and takes his hand in hers. Without a word Farah pops out from behind a tree in May’s sweater dress looking sourer then she did in wolf form. He knows she’s heard every word between him and Arden but he can’t find it in himself to care. He’s Arden’s mate, something she still needs to explain, and from what he’s gathered that’s a big deal.

“Ready?” Farah grumbles.

Arden nods and grips Sam’s hand tighter.

“Shouldn’t you go as your wolf? So they know who you are?” He asks.

Arden shakes her head, “No. It’s considered threatening to arrive at the home of another Alpha in your wolf form since wolf forms are used more for battle. Besides they can tell we’re like them from our scents.”

“Scents?”

“Yeah, everyone has one.”

Sam smirks at her, “What do I smell like?”

“Peppermint.” She whispers, “And milk chocolate.”

Farah snorts, “To her you smell like that. To me you smell of bullshit.”

“Farah.” Arden growls. “What is your problem with him?”

Farah snarls in frustration but doesn’t answer as she walks up ahead.

“She’s in love with you.” Sam says simply, getting matching looks of shock from both women. Is this a dick move for him to say it? Yes but Farah has been driving him up a wall since she arrived and whatever is she has to say needs to be said.

Farah sneers at him, “He doesn’t know what he’s talking about.”

“Don’t I?”

“No! You don’t know anything!” She shrieks, “You’re a useless handicapped human loser who doesn’t deserve her! You can’t protect her! You can’t even protect yourself but yet here you are taking what was meant to be mine!”

Sam feels like he’s been hit in the gut. He’s got to give it to her; she sure can hit all his insecurity points. He can’t protect her like other men can; he’s not physically as strong as he was. He is handicapped with his bum knee and PTSD but worthless? He doesn’t know if that’s true even if he has thought it himself many times before. Does Arden think he’s worthless? Does she take pity on him because of his deformities and physical weaknesses? He can’t be sure.

“How dare you!” Arden gasps seemingly outraged, “That is my mate you’re talking about!”

Farah’s face softens and turns pleading; “He can’t take care of you like I can, Arden. He can’t be everything you need. I can be that.”

“No Farah.” Arden says roughly shaking her head, “You’re not.”

Sam watches Farah’s face crumble in heartbreak but can’t find it in himself to feel sorry for her. It may be petty but he can’t help but think of the fact Arden was apparently held in a prison and yet Farah didn’t save her. If it had been Sam, even with his disabilities, he would have died at least trying to rescue her from the life that left her scarred and traumatized.

He would do it now.

“You’ll come with us to White Moon territory but after that I suggest you stay with them.” Arden says not looking at her hurting friend, “You’ve insulted my mate for the last time. You do it again in my presence and I will have no choice but to challenge you, Farah. Don’t make me do that.”

Gripping Sam’s hand again Arden pulls him as she begins walking again. As soon as they’re about five feet in front of them a large brown wolf runs past them in a blur before disappearing into the trees and out of sight. Arden’s shoulders curl as soon as Farah’s wolf is out of sight making Sam’s heart drop. He never wanted to cause Arden pain.

“Arden…”

“I’m fine.” She tells him quietly. “I just…I didn’t want it to end like this.”

“Wait, did you know?”

Arden shakes her head, “No but I suspected that maybe she had more than a friendly interest in me.”

“And you didn’t think to say anything?”

“I thought she’d find her mate.” Arden says quietly with a frown.

Sam stops walking and crosses his arms over his chest, “Speaking of which, are you going to explain that to me at some point? You said I’m you mate and it’s something of a soul mate but how do they get picked? Can they be wrong? Can someone decide they don’t want them?”

The questions for his benefit since he wants to be sure she can’t leave him once he’s decided to give his heart to her. He’s so achingly close to doing just that but he wants to be sure that she won’t break it. He doesn’t know how much of his sanity he’ll be able to cling to if she leaves him.

She’s quickly becoming everything to him now.

As girly and flowery that sounds.

 “W-Why would you ask that?” She stutters out with wide eyes.

Sam’s own eyes widen at the sight of her panic, “Whoa, no, I was just—“

“Because I really lo-like you and I don’t want you to reject me!” She blurts frantically. What was she going to say love? “I can’t lose you! I can’t do it, Sam! You’re my mate, the other half of my soul. We were destined by fate to find one another. I c-can’t lose you, Sam! Please, tell me what I have to do and I’ll do it j-just don’t do this please.”

Sam is frozen in shock as she begins to break into sobs. Her hands cover her face and her body is shaking as she stands before him. He just wanted to make sure she wouldn’t leave him but instead he just fucks it up making her think it’s him that doesn’t want her.

That concept of course is the dumbest thing he’s sure he has ever heard.

“Whoa, Arden.” He says swooping her up in his arms. She clutches onto him by his neck before sobbing more into his shoulder. “Sweetheart, I’m not going to reject you. I would never do that. I just wanted to be sure you wouldn’t…leave me. Farah was right: I can’t protect you like some badass wolf guy. Losing you would…it would destroy me, Arden.”

She looks up at him with glassy golden eyes, “Really?”

“Of course, Sugar.” He grins.

Arden gives him a watery smile before leaning forward to rub the tip of her nose with his, “I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to go all clingy and crazy on you. Kayla says guys don’t like that.”

“Well I don’t mind it as long as its you and I’m the only guy you should be worrying about.”

She moves forward hesitantly but he’s still shocked when she lays her soft full lips on his. The kiss is innocent, inexperienced and pretty chaste but it’s one of the best ones Sam’s ever had. Tingles, the ones she’s been giving him since day one shoot through his body wonderfully making him instantly tighten his hold on her and picking her up so they were at the same level.

When he does this her mouth opens in a gasp and he takes the opportunity to slip his tongue into her mouth. She lets out a surprising growl that doesn’t make him scared or freaked out but instead turns him on immensely. She locks her ankles around the small of his back and he's surprised how her weight, despite how little it is, doesn’t seem to bother his knee. He moves one hand up so it can tangle in her hair as the kiss intensifies.

“Sam.” She groans making him take her mouth again.

Fuck, he’ll take her then and there if she’ll let him.

“No, Sam. We have to go.” She pants laying kisses along the unscarred side of his neck, where he’s comfortable with her touching. “We’re expected and I need to have this dealt with before nightfall.”

Sam swallows hard, “Right but we’ll pick this up later?”

“Definitely.”

>< 

Arden is a ball of nerves as she walks up to the White Moon pack house. She knows the Alphas have been alerted to her presence from the eyes she can feel on her. Sam may not be able to see them or even sense them but she can and it doesn’t make her feel anymore at ease with having her mate by her side. She wishes he was at home, away from this mess and away from danger but she knows it’s fruitless to wish for it now.

He’s made it quite clear he’s not going anywhere.

“Name your purpose, Rogue.” A deep authoritative voice demands.

Arden immediately dips her head and averts her eyes as soon as she hears the voice. Both Arden and her wolf recognize it as the timber of an Alpha. Footsteps come closer and she tries her hardest not to tremble or whimper in fear knowing that without reason this Alpha could kill her. Her being a pack-less wolf is enough for any Alpha.

“I come seeking sanctuary, Alpha.”

“Sanctuary?” The Alpha repeats, “Why?”

“My former pack, Blue Bay has come to bring me back into their pack though I have broken my bond with them. I have been on your land, unseen for six days under the care of my mate and his family as I recover from the abuse of Blue Bay.”

Arden hears the Alpha sniff the air, “This human is your mate, Rogue?”

“Yes, Alpha.”

“And he has been harboring you?”

Arden swallows the rock in her throat, “Yes, Alpha.”

“Yet you bring him here. I would call you foolish but from the looks of your mate I doubt he would have bended no matter how much you warned him.”

Arden smiles a bit, “Yes, Alpha.”

“Come inside then. I wish to know more of you.”

Arden lifts her head, careful to avoid eye contact with the Alpha and turns to look at Sam who has an eyebrow raised. He seems to find her behavior odd in the face of the Alpha but that doesn’t surprise her. He isn’t from her world and doesn’t know what becoming the Alpha takes. A man or woman who has challenged and won their position as leader of a pack is not one to be disrespected.

“What’s happening?” Sam whispers though everyone can hear everything he says.

“We’re going to meet both the Alpha’s now so I can present my case.”

Arden has Sam follow her as they step into the pack house. It is a large house and much more beautiful then the one for Blue Bay. Blue Bay’s pack house was a broken down abandoned mansion with no running water or inside toilets. It only housed about ten or twelve people while everyone else lived in trailer homes or tents on the rest of the territory. The Alpha lived separately then the rest of the pack in a house Arden herself had only seen once before.

It was a fairytale palace compared to where everyone else was living.

“What your name and the one of your mate?” The Alpha asks.

“I am Arden Lowell and this is Sam Davidson.”

“Davidson? Relative of Mary-Anne’s?”

Sam’s voice is tense, “How do you know my aunt?”

“Calm yourself, boy.” The Alpha demands, “I have run this territory for thirty years and have lived in it all my life as Mary-Anne has. We went to school together. I knew your Uncle Buck as well. Good man.”

“I know that.” Sam snaps before adding, “You don’t look that old.”

The smirk is evident in the Alpha’s tone, “Being a shifter has its less obvious upsides.”

Sam snorts, “I bet.”

Arden pulls on his hand, “Tone, Sam.”

“What?” he whispers.

“Watch your tone.” She hisses, “We’re asking a favor. Be polite.”

Sam grumbles but stops snapping at the Alpha.

“Your mate is new to this world isn’t he?”

Arden winces at the Alpha’s question, “Yes, Alpha. He has only learned of it as of last night which is one of the reasons I am here to speak with you.”

They climb some stairs and make their way down a hallway before a door opens to reveal a beautiful room. Its an office, that much is obvious to Arden with the large oak desk in the middle of the room carved ornately with the images of moons, wolves, trees and ancient symbols of the local tribes of these lands.

“Sit.” The Alpha orders gruffly.

Arden and Sam both sit in expensive looking brown leather chairs while looking around the room. There is a built in shelf for books, kick-knacks and photographs of the Alpha’s choosing. Everything is in earth tones of green, brown, tan and gold making Arden feel that this room is more an extension of the woods outside, where their wolves are more comfortable. It’s a calculated decision but one Arden can understand since their animals tend to get restless in confined spaces.

One of the reasons her captivity was so difficult for her.

“My wife will be joining us soon.” The Alpha says after a few minutes of silence.

“Would you like me to wait until she is present, Alpha?” Arden asks while her head is still dipped in submission and respect.

The Alpha shifts in his chair, “Yes but I would like to ask a few questions before she arrives.”

“As you wish, Alpha.”

“But I want you to look at me while I do.” He adds making Arden tense.

Arden peeks up seeing a thick brown beard before dipping her head again, “I do not wish to offend.”

“You offend me more by not looking at me while you speak. I can not tell how valid your argument is if I cannot see your face.”

Arden takes a deep breath before lifting her head. She instantly regrets it seeing the man before her. He is one scary looking man. He has a thick trimmed beard, short reddish hair, thick brown brows and piercing brown eyes that have her squirming in her seat and her wolf whimpering in dislike. He is a large man, well over six feet tall and just as broad with thickly corded muscle that command to be seen as threatening. A long deep scar runs from the corner of his hairline and across his forehead, nose and cheek before curving up to end by his ear.

The Alpha sits back in his chair as he looks back at her, “Arden Lowell, I presume?”

“Yes, Alpha.”

“Tell me, how did you get that burn around your neck, Arden?”

The question makes Arden tense more then she already is, “Um, it’s part of the story, Alpha and you wish to wait for your wife.”

The Alpha smiles a bit making his face less edgy, “Yes, I suppose I did. Okay, how about this one then. Can you tell me why a female brown wolf shadowed you onto my property.”

Farah.

“Yes.” Arden sighs, “She is Farah, also an rogue formally of Blue Bay. She is a friend who…she has also come for sanctuary.”

“Same reason?”

Arden shakes her head, “No, Alpha. I’m sure she can explain better then I can since it is her business.”

“Very well.” He sighs before turning to Sam, “And how do you fit into all this?”

“What do you mean?” Sam asks with barely restrained annoyance, “I’m her mate.”

“Yes but how did you come to find her?”

Sam blows out a breath, “Its part of the story I suppose.”

“Well that—Oh here she comes.”

The office door opens and in walks a beautiful woman. She is similar to Farah with her exotic beauty but that’s where it ends. This woman has flawless mocha skin covering her long lithe body frame dressed in a flowing white floor length sundress, a maxi dress, Arden remembers Kayla calling them. She is also obviously with pup with her expanded belly and glowing aura. Her beautiful hazel almond shaped eyes land on the Alpha first before falling on both Arden and Sam curiously. Her full lips tilt up in a welcoming smile giving a glimpse of bright white teeth.

“Hello.” The woman greets, “I am Neema, Alpha female to the White Moon pack.”

Arden bows her head, “Alpha, I am Arden and this is my mate, Sam.”

Sam raises a hand, “Hey.”

Alpha Neema smiles brightly, “Hello.”

“Come here, Precious.” The Alpha calls opening his arms widely to his mate and fellow Alpha. Alpha Neema nearly dances over to her mate and sits on his lap before landing a loving kiss on his scruffy kiss. “I missed you, love.”

Alpha Neema giggles as he nuzzles her neck, “I missed you as well but it appears we have business to attend to so stop it.”

“No.” he pouts.

Arden wants to laugh at the transformation of this scary hulk of a man turning into mush in the hands of this goddess like woman but she can’t. She knows for Sam and her, the reactions between them are most likely just as ridiculous. So making fun of them would just make her a hypocrite she supposes.

“Hank, stop!” Alpha Neema squeals with a grin, “We’re going to make them uncomfortable!”

“Fine.” He sulks with a small pout under his beard. “Have it your way, then.”

Alpha Neema smirks, “Oh I will.”

“So.” Alpha Hank asks Arden and Sam, “Shall we begin?”

Arden clears her throat and begins to tell her story.

All while Sam holds on to her hand, keeping her in the present.

“I was thirteen when I first shifted…”

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

I am such a bitch. I totally just cliff hangered you...do you hate me? You shouldn't because I also gave you a pretty long awaited gift which is the Arden and Sam kiss! How freaking exciting was that? I was squealing like a maniac while writing it. 

Anywhoo, what do you think of White Moon pack so far? The Alphas are something aren't they? 

Reactions? A comment a day keeps the sadness away :}

VOTE, COMMENT AND FOLLOW!

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

What We Wish For Penny

Про оборотней

2.3M 61K 44
Lea was an orphan, so when the upcoming Alpha finds out she is his mate he rejects her because he think she's weak. Only he doesn't know what she has...
Pack HRamsay

Про оборотней

153K 6.9K 30
They took me. And they told me secrets. Secrets I didn't want to believe. Secrets that would change my life. They said I was one of them and I could...
Bending Ace [✔] Sawyer

Про оборотней

109K 2.9K 28
Ace Michaelson. The wolf that everyone envies. It appears as if he owns nothing but perfections. The envy for him then morphs to anger. People either...
The Alpha's Rogue | ✔︎ | A.R.W

Про оборотней

51.3K 1K 29
Can two souls from different worlds collide and not explode? Emily Wild lives up to her name. Being the sole survivor of her pack's slaughter left h...