A Tale of Two Opposites (Stry...

By xoxoGGii

Both have Alpha blood. Edith Silva is on a mission for one thing: get her pack back. Can she take it back in... More

Plot Twist
Summary
Author Rant from 2020
Cast
Chapter 1- WEST
Chapter 2- EDITH
Chapter 3- WEST
Chapter 4- EDITH
Chapter 5- WEST
Chapter 6- EDITH
Chapter 7- WEST
Chapter 8- EDITH
Chapter 9- WEST
Chapter 10- EDITH
CHAPTER 11- WEST
Chapter 12- EDITH
Chapter 13- WEST
Chapter 14- EDITH
Chapter 15- WEST
Chapter 16- EDITH
Chapter 17- WEST
Chapter 18- EDITH
Chapter 19- WEST
Chapter 20- EDITH
Chapter 21- WEST
Chapter 22- EDITH
Chapter 23- WEST
Chapter 24- EDITH
Chapter 25- WEST
Chapter 26- EDITH
Chapter 27- WEST
Chapter 28- EDITH
Chapter 30- EDITH
Chapter 31- WEST
Chapter 32- EDITH
Chapter 33- WEST
Chapter 34- EDITH
Chapter 35- WEST
Chapter 36- EDITH
Chapter 37- WEST
Chapter 38- EDITH
Chapter 39- WEST
Chapter 40- EDITH
Chapter 41- WEST
Chapter 42- EDITH
Update Coming Soon
Chapter 43- WEST
Future of this story
Chapter 44- EDITH
Chapter 45- WEST
Chapter 46- EDITH
Chapter 47- WEST
Chapter 48- EDITH
Chapter 49- WEST
Chapter 50- EDITH
Update
Chapter 51- WEST
Chapter 52- EDITH
Milestone
Novella Update
Cover Poll for The Demon Alpha
We are LIVE
Almost 500K reads
The Vampire Prince is getting Published
We're live and PUBLISHED- The Vampire Prince

Chapter 29- WEST

8.8K 571 104
By xoxoGGii

Hey readers! In honor of MLK Day let me give y'all a chapter.

Please vote and comment! Love hearing from you guys.

.

.

.

Since I haven't visited my parents and the pack for a while, I decided to go after school since I didn't have to go to the elementary school today due to some complication.

Whatever that is.

I always loved coming home sneakily, trying to scare my parents, but I didn't pick up on Mom's scent.

Ever so present in his office, I watched as the Alpha of Noctis Luna looked overwhelmed. Dad never showed how much he was stressing, not to anyone, but I knew he was.

Dad paused, rifling through the papers, narrowing his eyes and he looked up. His cobalt blue eyes, so unlike my own landed on me.

"How long are you going to stand there without giving your old man a hug?"

I laughed, taking one step forward before Dad took three steps in five seconds, hugging me. No one would think Dad is a hugger, but it's Mom who isn't.

"Mom's not here?" I asked. Which is a huge surprise. Some occasions the pack is crazy. Most.. Most occasions, actually.

"She's visiting Julia," Dad answered. I just missed her.

"What's up this time?" I nodded at the pile of papers on his desk. Dad looks stressed. Which is something I don't ever see. Probably with Mom being out adds much to it.

"Looking for our temporary Meg replacement."

"Aunt Meg never wanted to be Beta," I sat down on Dad's comfy office couch. Uncle Bo's desk, still present because he could never be away for too long. Noctis Luna was his pack, he always told me and Mom. His "OG" pack.

"With Cole out too..." Dad trailed off, frowning a little. "I'm considering Carter?" he looked up at me. "What do you think?"

"What are the criteria for Beta?"

Dad stared at me for a second. "I don't know." 

His lips twitched as I laughed.

 Dad rubbed his temples. "This is all new to me. I don't really do titles."

"Oh, we know. Uncle Bo will probably forever call himself Beta though."

"Just someone who would do Meg and Bo's stuff," Dad pondered.

"So...a Beta." I grinned at Dad. "Fine. Beta-not-Beta. What's the hook line and sinker you'll give to these wolves if they do accept the position? How are you going to ask Carter?"

"I'll just ask?" it sounded more like a question from Dad.

"You know for a really scary Alpha, you do it so effortlessly."

"They don't teach you in school?"

"Nah that's next semester. Called how to Be a Douchebag Alpha. Heard it's stellar."

"I might need to take that class," Dad chuckled. He shrugged a little. "All I can do for you and Wyatt is teach what I know."

"You're doing great." I realized that Dad had to be an Alpha at such a young age- and he did it. So did Alpha Grayson. Both of them became Alphas in their own rights. Theo and I were privileged enough to go get an education, with out parents being encouraging on that.

"Only one day?" Dad's eyebrows scrunched up and he looked genuinely upset. "When is your break? Why don't they ever give you guys a vacation?"

"Maybe Mom can threaten the school again."

Dad grinned at me. "She really did that, huh."

"If you got power, use it." Dad gave me a look. "Okay, fine, so, just don't use it too much. Anyways, it sounds like you need a vacation, Dad," I pressed. It worried me seeing him this stressed. He seriously needed it. "When was the last time you ever had fun?"

"Before you were born," Dad deadpanned, making me open my mouth in fake hurt.

I leaned back in the couch, crossing my arms. Might as well ask the one who would know the most. "Dad, What do you know about Redlands Shadow?"

Dad looked up, raising an eyebrow his toe teasing. "Taking an interest in pack history?"

"Dad."

"Hm," Dad mused. "From the top of my head, you probably heard a little from your mother, but Alpha Derek Silva and his Luna Melissa ruled a few years ago. Alpha Derek died by rogues and his Beta, Silas Pierce took over after."

Blaine Pierce. That's his Dad.

"Your classmate our goddaughter, Edith- her Dad was Alpha Derek."

"Wouldn't the Luna take over in case of the Alpha's death?"

"She does," Dad nodded. "But it depends on the Luna. When we went to the funeral and saw Melissa, she was distraught. Perhaps she couldn't rule at the time with her mental state. It's understandable."

I mulled it over. Was Edith afraid that would happen to her?

"If your mate dies, does that always happen? Are you incapable of doing anything?"

Dad set his paper down, taking a deep breath. "Not that it's something I ever want to think about, but mostly yes. It depends individually. Some know they have to get things moving along. Maybe they need time to heal and that's okay. Alpha Paxon did the same for his mate, but now he's ruling. In his case, Uncle Sargon lost his sister, the Beta and the Alpha were both grieving, but your Uncle could do pack things than Paxon could who lost his mate. Who knows how long it will take. Grief for your mate- who is another part of you- varies. I've seen instances such as Paxon who got up eventually and some don't. But a part of you dies when your mate dies."

"That's so..." I trailed off.

Dad raised an eyebrow. "Deep. But that's the point of mates, to feel so deeply for each other. It's worth it. Your good feelings outweigh the bad." Dad paused. Then, "You shouldn't be thinking too much about it, West. Enjoy your time while you're here and your mate will come and you'll see how you feel."

I swallowed my guilt up. It ate at me, not telling my parents.

"Happiness is all the moments I spend with your mother and having to see the embodiment of our love with you and Wyatt."

"You sure you're not a poet?"

"I tried writing a poem once for your Mom. She laughed ...in the bad way."

"Really??" I'm intrigued. My parents are an enigma. "Can I read it?"

"Not a chance."

XXXX

The next morning, the basketball coach  Henry called me up to watch the Junior team practice. Luckily, he actually cared for my opinion about the younger ones, and I was an encourager to them too.

"I want you to tell me what you think about this guy," the basketball coach, Henry, is asking for my opinion on the Junior varsity team. Blaine made it- no surprise there- and he looks to be fitting in.

Granted, he's currently on the floor dying because they ran a couple of laps, but I think it's good.

"He has potential," I tell Henry honestly. Blaine is a fighter. Whatever he's experiencing at school didn't affect him in his performance today. "You think we can beat East Wolves?" 

Henry shrugged, "Since you're not spending your time doing only basketball and have soccer-" I stopped smiling.

Oh.

Right.

Soccer.

"OH CRAP!" I almost yelled, already out the door.

Theo was already there when I got to the soccer field outside.

"Took you long enough where was your phone?" Theo asked me, nodding at a very angry looking coach.

"West our first game is this week. If you're not serious about this, then you shouldn't be here. Or you will be benched."

"Yes Sir," I accidentally saluted to him which pissed Coach off even more.

"We can't win if you're just going to give me 10% of what you can do," Coach continued.

"Sorry," I said sincerely. Didn't want to be a disappoint to at least one being in my life.

XXXX

The week went by slowly. Still the same thing during lunch with Theo and Maddox sitting with me, talking about school and whatnot. 

Maddox had a bruise on his face one day which Theo and I really questioned him, but he dodged it. Theo and I looked at each other, knowing that we were going to get to the bottom of it. 

We'd go to every single one in this school to get an answer.

Everyday that week after school for basketball practice I noticed Edith at the small gym.

I tightened my duffel bag holding my workout clothes, and I peeked at the small gym, where all the extra weights and training dummies were for extra workouts for the students in the school. There was something driving Edith to stay late here, working hard. A sheer look of determination is on her face as she's lifting weights, completely zoned in on one task.

Every time I saw her train in there, it inspired me to do better too.

XXXX

Friday evening, which was the worst time to have a meeting, the Student Body decided they were going to meet. Going to the student body meetings were mandatory, and since Abby was completely avoiding me and not speaking to me- which I understood- I made sure to be in the back so she couldn't see me. When she did enter the room, our eyes met for a brief second. I raised my arm up to wave at her, but she quickly turned away, ignoring me.

That, I could do.

I think.

Sure.

Jax was also there and they had some telepathic conversation with each other because Jax turned to face me alongside Destiny and Sophie. All glaring at me.

It's like I committed murder, not just turned Abby down.

Before I knew what was happening, that Abby had kissed me, I instantly took both her hands and tried to let her down gently. "I'm sorry, but I can't return your feelings" I told Abby, stepping back, shaking my head. "Abby, you're my best friend and it's never going to happen. It can't happen. We both have mates out there."

"But I love you," Abby's eyes were tearing. "I love you so much West." It did hurt me, for her to explain her feelings to me. For her to get rejected like this. She was my best friend. That was never going to change. It shouldn't change.

"It can never happen, Abby, but you're my best friend" I told her gently. It could never happen because I already had Edith. I found my mate, and I'm going to fight for her. There was no way I would ever let go of Edith until she truly rejected me. Maybe even then I'd try to still fight for her. Abby wouldn't understand why I could never return her feelings. I already had feelings for Edith and they were strong. "Right now you won't understand but-"

Abby slapped my across the face.

"How dare you! You are the one that doesn't understand. You'll never understand what it means to love someone."

She ran off, leaving a sting on my cheek. What's worse, it left a sting on my heart.

I looked up at the classroom when I took a breath, smelling my mate's delicious scent that can send me over the edge. Did I affect her too with my scent?

Edith walked in the room, looking down, her short hair trying to cascade around her face so she could be hidden, but there wasn't any way she could hide from me. She looked up for a second, like an accident she didn't want to happen as our eyes met. Her warm brown eyes filling my soul into a whole again. Forgetting about all my problems with Abby. Forgetting everything.

"Hey," I greeted her, waving as she walked past me.

"Hi," she said back, sitting somewhere behind me. I wanted to turn around and make conversation, but I could still feel the looks of disdain from Jax, Destiny and Sophie.

XXXX

So it was only two weeks until winter break would be here. That only means there are all these exams in my classes, and I can't study with Wyatt, who is always the one I study with. Unlike everyone else I know, Wyatt is patient with me when I'm dumb on a subject. Which is a lot of the time. But he's patient, and he doesn't get frustrated with me. Only encourages me. Now, we're not talking and I have no one to motivate me to do studying.

I take a deep breath and enter the library. Our two librarians, Ms. Kathy and Mrs. Mann both look at me in shock. "Are you lost?" Ms. Kathy asked.

"Uh. Nope," I hold out my textbook. "Just...going to study."

"Are you okay?" Mrs. Mann asked.

"Yeah..." I trailed off, trying to look for an open table. I spot her and grin. "Well, have a great day." Feeling out of my element and comfort zone, I straighten my back and pretend like I know where anything is in this strange land called a library.

"Hey," I whisper to Edith. At least one thing I know is that you should be quiet in libraries.

My mate's dark eyes find mine and she gives me a bland look. "Why are you here?"

"Studying." I tapped my textbook that I haven't opened all semester.

"No, West. Why are you at this table?"

"You're the only one that I know here," I shrugged, lying because I recognized a few people, but I'd rather be with my mate. The one who can't stand me.

"Fine," she relented much to my shock and glee. "But you better be studying and don't distract me." I pull out the chair and raised an eyebrow.

This made me grin wide. "So I distract you?"

"Hush!" she hissed, but I see the corner of her lips twitch. I pull open my textbook and think to myself interesting.

Edith and I are probably the last ones out of the library. As we were walking outside I asked, "Wow how can you do that?"

"Do what?"

"Study for that long?" I asked. "I was finished in 30 minutes."

"You mean you weren't studying?!"

I put a finger on my lips, "We're at the library."

"No one is even here," Edith argued  now, narrowing her eyes at me. "What were you even doing this whole time?"

"Watching some YouTube videos, some football and basketball re-runs."

My mate gaped at me. "Y-you w-what? West!" I think it was out of instinct, but she gently swatted me and I laughed. As if realizing too late how friendly she was, she took a few steps, much to my dismay distancing herself. "Why did you stay that late?"

"Wanted to be with you," I shrugged at her, honest. Her face flickered with something, but she turned away and we walked out together.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.4M 83.2K 52
"What makes you think I'll let you leave?" he asked and took a step towards me. "Because I'm not into guys?" "Well then why did you date your ex-boyf...
32.4K 954 30
COMPLETE Sequel (Book 2) of the story 'My Best Friends' Alpha is My Mate.' This story can not be read alone! Read Book 1 before reading this story. T...
124K 3.3K 26
Cover made by dogpower77 - Raven is just like any other 18 year old on the planet, with a few exceptions. One, she's a Werewolf. A Werewolf that wi...
194K 7.6K 29
***COMPLETED*** This is an old book that I have no intent on continuing or editing so if there are mistakes/it's boring! I WAS 13 WHEN I WROTE THIS...