Herobrine's Assistant, Book...

By dragonraiser

An everyday girl has her life changed after encountering a popular lore that is feared by all. After getting... More

Chapter One: Herobrine
Chapter Two: Confusion
Chapter Three: Dinner
Chapter Four: Opportunities
Chapter Five: White Eyes
Chapter Six: Powers
Chapter Seven: Lores And Players
Chapter Eight: Confessions
Chapter Nine: Diamonds
Chapter Ten: Entity 303
Chapter Eleven: Checkup
Chapter Thirteen: Netherbrine

Chapter Twelve: The Nether

76 4 8
By dragonraiser

I had a very relaxing day today. I read an entire book Herobrine gave me, was in my pyjamas all day, and James did most of the daily chores for me! It was about time he stayed to work here for once. I was always the one doo g the boring stuff. It was a shame the day was over so soon.

   "Ella? Are you home?" Herobrine called from outside my door.
   "Coming!" I rushed to the door all ready and set for today.
   "You look cheerful," he noticed. "I assume you're feeling better from the testing?"
   "You bet!" I answered. "I feel way better from the testing, and I had a really relaxing day yesterday!"
   "That's great to hear," Herobrine blankly stared like usual. "Glad to see your regeneration ability is intact."
   "Regeneration?" I ask curious.
   "Every lore has it," Hero explained. "The regeneration ability helps us to heal in an outstanding rate of time. Other than lightning it's very essential to our survival."
   "Oh okay!"
   "Anyways, Herobrine changed the topic, " are you ready for today's assignment?"
   "All set!" I spun around dramatically.
   "Alright then follow me."

I followed Herobrine past the village and waved at James as we walked past him. He waved back looking nervous. He was probably worried for me. That would be a first.
   "Ella?" Herobrine got my attention.
   "Yes Hero?" I replied.
"Instead of jumping to the house I want you to train yourself with teleporting. Take your time at it, and don't rush. Just practice on it to get better."
   "Okay," I understood.
So I did what Herobrine asked of me and teleported to the house. At first I was slow and was just wasting his time, but the more teleporting I did the longer my attempts got. Eventually we finally made it to the house.
   "We made it!" I panted from energy consumption. "How did I do?"
   "Good," he answered in the most modest voice imaginable. "With more practice you will be able to teleport here in one attempt. Now come inside and get your supplies."
I sighed from his answer and walked in through the door. At the front were diamond and armour, food, water bottles, potions, and backpacks.
   "Today Ella, we're going to the Netherworld," Herobrine announced.
   "THE NETHER?" I squealed thrilled, "I've never gone there before!"
"I know," hero removed his hands from his ears. "Which is why I will accompany you. We need to collect blaze rods and powder, so we'll be spending our trip in the nether fortress. Stay close to me. You can get lost in the nether; alright."
"You got it!" I said having no clue of what he said. I was too focused on seeing the nether.
"Okay. Get suited up in the armour. I want you to wear it incase of a casualty."
"I can take care of myself!" I argued.
"Says the half lore that almost had an anvil hit her head a week ago."
"Hey that wasn't my fault!"
"Whatever you say," he sighed, "now stop complaining and put on the armour."
I grumbled and grabbed the diamond pants to slip them on. Herobrine inspected the supplies he gathered for the trip while I was getting suited up.
"Ella?" Hero asked. "Did you break this?"
As I was slipping on the diamond boots I turned to see the broken window Herobrine was asking about. The shattered glass was on the outside of the house with the shards broken all over the grass in bits and pieces.
"No," I answered unsure. "I don't remember breaking that. I just got here."
"But you did scream..." he pondered. "You finish getting ready Okay? I need to grab something."
"Okay?"
So I finished putting on the bottom armour and went to put on the chest plate. The thing was incredibly clunky and heavy. I couldn't believe Herobrine wanted me to wear that stuff! I could have died of heat stroke, but I didn't complain not a lot at least.
After slipping into the diamond chestlate I grabbed diamond helmet and placed it on my head. That was when Herobrine came back with a stack of... glass?
   "What's with the glass?" I tilted my head.
   "Remember when you broke the roof in the arena?" Herobrine reminded.
   "Oh uh...yes... I forgot about that. Should I go fix that sometime"
   "Don't bother. It's already fixed. What I mean is I'm going to bring some glass with us. Incase we want to work on that "ability" of yours."
"Okay then?" I answered a little hesitant for a weird reason.
   "Anyways," he moved on, "are you all ready to go now?"
   "Yep," I answered showing off the armour.
   "Good. Pack a bag and let's go."
Herobrine and I packed two bags full of weapons, potions, and empty jars to collect the blaze powder and rods. Herobrine placed the glass in his bag and then ushered me down the hallway. We then made our way down some stairs and right to a spruce wood door. Behind the door was a small barren room with nothing but a loud obsidian portal. I stood there a little in awe.
   "Ella, earth to Ella," Herobrine mocked as I stared into the purple gateway. "Are you coming?"
   "Ah-sorry," I chuckled in embarrassment, "ya I'm coming."
   "Stay close got it?" Herobrine reminded again.
   "Ya ya I got it," I sighed. Herobrine grabbed my wrist and tugged me into the portal. I followed along willingly, closed my eyes, and held me breath as I heard the warp of the portal grew. Limb by limb I went through. Seconds later I was all the was in and a waft Of heat slapped me in the face.

   "Why are you holding your breath?" Herobrine asked obnoxiously.
I opened my eyes and looked around. My surroundings were red, white ghasts flew around like balloons, and in front of me was Herobrine with his famous blank expression.
   I opened my mouth to say something but barely anything came out, "I...uh... y-you know what never mind. Forget I did that."
   "Gladly," he turned his back, "now let's go find the nether fortress." With my wrist still clenched Hero tugged me again and forced me to walk in his direction.
   "I'm coming! Jeez!" I whined, "I can walk on my own you know!"
   "Since it's your first time in the nether I don't trust you alone. You can get lost easily here."
   "Oh come on! I can take care of myself! I'm an adult!" I protested.
   "Well then if you're so confident..." Hero removed his grasp from my arm.
   "Thank you. See? I'm perfectly capable of -," before I could finish I stepped right off the netherack cliff, and screamed a little as I plummeted into the lava. I fell in with a surprising splash and came up seconds later. Any player in my position would have died by then, but I'm no ordinary player. If anything I was just mad.
   "HEY!" I yelled keeping my head up.
   "Do you still want to go on your own?" Hero mocked, "or did you just want to take a lava bath on purpose?"
   "You did that on purpose didn't you!" I screamed for him to just hear.
   "Why would I do that?"
I suddenly noticed Herobrine's eyes were more brighter than usual. Then I remembered what Alexbrine told me about Herobrine having faint emotions in those eyes of his.
   "I can tell you're enjoying this Hero! Your eyes are a dead give away!"
   Hero's eyes immediately went dim, "Well aren't you clever."
   "Ya! I am! Don't underestimate me boy!"
   "Just get up here already Ella! You'll melt the armour off!"
   "How!" I argued.
   "Teleportation?" Herobrine sounded disappointed.
   "Oh... right." I quickly teleported myself back up to the cliff still frustrated and embarrassed.
   "Let's keep moving," Herobrine started to walk away. So he does have emotions I thought. I walked by his side in the now nearly melted, but still clanky armour.
We walked for a while and I looked around to see any more unique creatures. There were lots of ghasts, and many hordes of zombie pigmen. I've heard of these creatures from folk tales, but I never thought I would see them in person.
I suddenly felt awkward, so I decided to strike up a conversation.
   "So I've been thinking. What exactly are steves?"
   Herobrine took awhile to answer. He was thinking of how to explain it without confusing me, "do you know whom we're to first players created by notch?"
   "Uh ya. Steve and Alex they're called "defaults" by the villager priests."
   "Correct. Now you know what Steve looks like right?"
   "Ya. He looks just like you but with pupils."
   Herobrine sighed, "apparently. Now imagine Steve, but multiplied, and each multiple in a different hue."
   "Okay. I think I get it! So another question. Why don't you classify yourself as a steve?"
   "We're here," he avoided the question and pointed to a red bricked structure. I gasped a little at the sight until Herobrine told me to focus and once again stay close. I pouted. "I mean it Ella. A nether fortress is crawling with wither skeletons. They'll respect me enough to leave me be, but they will se you as an intruder and attack you on sight."
   "Why do they respect you?" I questioned.
   "Every mobster is intimidated by me," he bragged, "they know what I can do to them. They'll stay away from me if they know what's best. Now let's get going already. I want to get out of here as soon as possible."
   "It is rather hot here," I agreed. "Especially with armour on." Herobrine didn't respond like usual and just walked ahead. I followed shortly behind.

The fortress would have been beautiful if it wasn't so creepy. There was barely any light, lave in the crevices, and the red atmosphere did not help the situation. What really creeped me out though was the lack of mobsters. Herobrine said the place was supposed to be populated by wither skeletons, so where did they all go? The fortress was empty. I was worried the skeletons would pop up around the corner.
Aside from the the spooky scene there were some positives about the place. The windows all had great views of the nether lake, and the bricks were a nice colour too. Despite the nether fortress being run down its actually quite well held together! I wonder who built it in the first place...
"Watch our for the ghasts Ella," herobrine instructed, "they can see you through the fortress and break in."
"Okay," I answered. Herobrine and I walked some more until we finally came to blaze territory. We could tell we were there when we saw the spinning fire mobsters in front of us. I pulled my sword out and got ready to strike, but Herobrine tugged on the back of my chest plate before I got the chance.
"Oh no you don't," he held on to me, "I'll be the one collecting the powder."
"What?" I groaned. "Okay. If you're not going to let me do anything then why'd you even make me come?"
"I want you to watch and learn from me," he explained, "this is your first time in the nether and you don't know the first thing about this place. I want you to train and get to know your surroundings. Do you understand me" I sighed and nodded my head. "Good," Herobrine blankly stared. "Now watch closely, and whatever you do-,"
"I know. I know... stay close," I groaned from annoyance. Herobrine walked away and began to attack the blazes. They didn't attack back until he killed one of their kind. I unfortunately stayed back and watched, but only for a little while. By the time Hero killed the third blaze I got bored and thought to myself.
This is bullbrick! Herobrine's pumps me up before going here and now he won't even let me do something fun! Some business trip this turned out to be...
I looked to my left. There was a long hallway beside me. It looked very tempting.
Hero did say I need to get used to my surroundings~
At that moment I did the most dumbest thing imaginable to man. I disobeyed the instructions of a supernatural being.

*******************************************

It's been freaking three months...
I either have to quit using paper or stop procrastinating.... really really sorry guys. I promise the next chapter won't be so long to post.

Bye bye!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.9K 201 12
#2 in the Destruction Trilogy So we're back home. Everything's going back to normal and Sky, Bajan, Jerome and Sub are continuing with their lives. U...
1.9K 85 48
A devil and a demon, once split, now together as a friendly couple. One hated the other and tried to kill them, until a heartbreaking event brought t...
35.8K 924 24
So yeah, Herobrine found out he has a daughter. Finding this out, he wants to meet her. He'll need help finding her in the real world, where he hasn'...
53.1K 1.9K 59
If you can go to a different reality. I bet you would go to it. But would you want to stay forever. The gamer girl (Y/N) had the same thing happen to...