Best Friends (DISCONTINUED)

By latesleeper

Being friends for a long time now. Will you stay friends or become something more than that? More

Prologue : Meeting You Guys
1 : Early Morning Greetings
2 : Best Friends
3 : SCHOOL
4 : This Idiot
5 : Oh, no
6 : Sleepover
7 : Problems
8 : A Plan
9 : Plan Formation
10 : Initiating Plan
11 : Just Pin Her To The Wall
12 : Why Am I Doing This Again?
13 : Marinette Lips
15 : You Look- SEXY!
16 : Strolling Around
17 : Text Messages
18 : You...
19 : WHAT?!
20 : MY girlfriend
21 : She's Out
22 : NO!
23 : I'm Sorry
24 : Way To Ruin The Mood, Kitty
25 : Bye Luka
26 : Pizza Hangover
27 : Adrien Wears Panties?
28 : Bro...
29 : Kitty, Are You Okay?
30 : I Should Have Known
discontinued

14 : Date?!

3.9K 104 199
By latesleeper

Well, what do you know? I'm updating. Lol, I'm sorry for the wait. But I just have authors block. Anyway, just letting you know, I was tagged for something and it's gonna be at the end of the chapter so if you want to skip it, go on ahead. If you want to know 10 things about me....by all means..stay. XD Kay, I've wasted enough of your time.
---

Adrien
Well this pretending stuff is actually easier than I thought. Most of the things Marinette and I do is actually some of the things we do everyday. Like walking together, eating together, sharing stuff, hugging.... definitely not kissing, that's a new one.. but it's kind of nice.

But it's still weird.

I sighed and thought about this whole fake relationship thing. I didn't mean for it to happen or to get Marinette involved. Whatever happens in the end, I'll take full responsibility for.. But I'm just worried. Marinette might fall for my gorgeous looks and that's gonna be a problem.

I already have enough girls after me.

I mean, Marinette is great. She's everything a guy would want in a girlfriend but... she's my friend.

At least, that's what she wants to be.

I had a crush on Marinette since we were 6 years old but when she found out about it, she made it clear she only wanted to be friends. Sure, I was upset about it but I just brushed it off and put on an act. Saying that I was out of her league.

Wrong. It was most definitely the other way around.

How could I ever compare her to me or to anyone. She is just too good for all of us. She doesn't even deserve to be stuck with the three idiots she calls her friends. Cause we're nothing compared to her..

Nino and Alya even admit that.

At one point in our long friendship, we actually began to grow apart, but it wasn't long. Alya and Nino had joined a 'blog' squad, Marinette began hang out more around Nathaniël, Rose and Juleka, and I was..well.. alone.

It was all Marinette. She was the one that brought us back together. I'm just worried for her.  What if this whole thing hurts her? I couldn't stand that happening.

"Adrien..." Marinette said. She was sitting beside me on a park bench. We decided to go on a small stroll as part of our couple-y act but instead we were sitting down. I seemed to have gotten lost in my thoughts.

I hummed in response.

"I've been thinking," she started off before turning her gaze to a couple of kids who were chasing each other.

"What will happen to us after this whole...act?" She said in a quiet voice. I looked down at her and grabbed her chin, gently moving her head to face me.

"We'll still be friends, of course." I said with a gentle smile.

Her bluebell eyes searched mine. She had a vacant expression.

"Hey," I said and grabbed her hand in mine. "Whatever, that happens after this, I'm sure we can face it together. Just like all the problems we've face throughout our lives till now."

"Yeah, but.. what if something happens that will cause us to split up again?" She said.

I shook my head. "There's no point in worrying about the future, princess. What's important is the present, just live while you can. Whatever happens tomorrow is a mystery and yesterday is history! So, come on! Live, Love and Learn."

Her familiar smile stretched across her face and I knew I had succeeded. "What you said made no sense, kitty."

"It does make sense! You're just too close minded."

"Says you."

"Ouch."

She shook her head and smiled again. "You know what, kitty?"

I laid down on the bench, putting my head on her laps while she stroked my hair. "What?"

"Let's go on a date." She said, surprising me completely. Marinette just asked me out. This is wrong. I'm supposed to ask her on a date.

"What?" I said, while blankly staring at her.

"You heard me, Agreste. I asked you out, don't make me regret it." She said while pulling me hair, a bit too hard.

"Ouch, princess!" I exclaimed. I sat up and rubbed my head. "Why do you want to go on a-"

"Do you want to or not?!" She exclaimed and glared at me.

I held my hands up in defense, "Okay! Okay! Shish!.... I'd love to." I said in a low voice.

"What was that, Agreste?" Marinette asked, with a smug grin. I narrowed my eyes at her.

"I said, I'd love to go on a date with you, Marinette." I said through gritted teeth.

"What?"

"I'd love to go on a freaking date with you, Marinette!"

Marinette sat back and smirked. "Geez, Adrien. I didn't know you loved me that much."

"Psh! You wish." I scoffed at her then returned her smirk.

You have no idea.

---

"DATE?!" Plagg exclaimed loudly.

I sweat dropped as my crazy cousin began to jump around in excitement.

"Wait, WHY DID SHE ASK YOU??" He looked at me with a death stare. I backed away slightly.

"Trust me, it surprised me more!"

"Yeah, right ya wimp!" He growled lowly at me.

Okay...I back away.. further away..

"YOU COME BACK HERE RIGHT NOW, BOY!" Plagg exclaimed and chased after me.

I ran into my room and locked the door. Plagg began to knock on the door and shout some colourful words. Honestly, he's lucky dad is not here. Plagg is such an ass.

"Plagg..." I said and knocked on the door, causing him to stop.

"What?!"

"Leave me alone. I'm trying to plan my moves for tomorrow."

"Ohh~" I could hear the smugness in his voice. "You sly cat, I'll leave you to it than. If you need advice, I'm here."

"What advice? How to be a loser 101?"

He hit the door while I laughed.

I walked over to my desk and sat down on my chair, trying to think about everything.

What if Mari and I?.. Never mind..

I sat back on my chair and sighed. Why was Mari suddenly asking me out on a date? not that i don't mind, it's a dream come true but it's so unlike her. I mean, it was her that said we should be just friends and nothing more.

It's like it was only yesterday she found out about my crush on her.

***Flashback time to when they were 12 years old[Adrien's POV]***

Marinette and I were in the park waiting for Alya and Nino to get out of detention. They had gotten in trouble for using their phone in class which was a surprise because they always did and were never caught until today.

Marinette and I decided to wait for them because that's what good friends do.

It was quiet so I decided to break it. "Can you believe those two got caught?" I asked. I know, what a lame conversation starter. But I'm not really the best at that.

Marinette turned to me and giggled a bit. "I know right. I can't wait for them to get out and tease them about it."

"Yeah." I chuckled.  I turned and looked up at the sky. "It's getting cloudy." I said, noticing the grey clouds the began to gather above. Marinette looked up as well and said, "If it starts raining, we leave. I think your driver is tired of waiting."

"Are you trying to get rid of me?" I asked and pouted.

" Yes."

"Ouch."

"I'm joking. Come here!" She giggled and began to ruffle my hair. I struggled out of her surprisingly strong grasp and sent her a glare before fixing my hair.

"You seem to care about your hair a lot, Kitty." She said in amusement.

I grinned and began to lick my hand and rub it on my head. I laughed as a horrified look appeared on her face. "I do this every morning. That's why my hair is always neat." I lied. She looked down at her hands and scream. "EWWW!" She began to rub her hands on my shirt.

I laughed at her while she glared at me.

"You know, you're really amusing. That's why I really like you." I said casually and leaned back on the bench. Wait.  Oh crabs! My eyes shot open in realization.

Marinette laughed nervously, "Surely you mean as a friend."

Maybe I should tell her. I mean, it's been eating me up inside for a long time. I just can can't help it. I mean, who wouldn't fall for those beautiful blue eyes, that are complemented by her smooth pale skin, her rosy cheeks and her pink lips. Also her captivating and dazzling smile. She was just something else. 

"Maybe..." I said and turned away.

I heard her exhale loudly. "Adrien.." She said. "I think...maybe...It'd be better if we just stay friends.." My heart broke. I took a deep breath before turning to her.

"Why though?"

"I just saying from my view on things, I don't think I can see you guys as anything more than friends. I mean, I don't have anything against any of you guys getting together but to me, you will always be just friends." She looked at me and gave me an apologetic smile.

I sighed in relief. At least this doesn't effect our friendship. Even though my heart is breaking at this rejection, I will respect her opinion and just go with it in hopes that one day she will fall for me.

"Okay, if that's what my princess wants!" I said and bowed. She hit my head.

"Hey!"

"You're my best friend, Kitty!"

"And you, mine!"

***flashback end***

I sighed for what felt like the hundred time today. Yes, I wanted Marinette and I to be together. But not this way.

Another one of my fear is that she'll end up hating me after this.
•••
Well, I can guarantee you there's another chapter! :) Now, on to the tag! I'm supposed to tag other people but nah! 

Hah, what are they gonna do? Shoot me?

Ten things about me! **distance cheers**

1. I have two brothers.

2. I had my first sleepover this year. (Parents. -_-)

3. I'm sixteen.

4. I hate seedweed. Just had to say that.

5. I love animals.

6. Animals hate me.

7. I have been in the fandom for 3 years going to 4.

8. I love chocolate but I don't like eating too much.

9. I show affection by insulting or sarcasm. Hugging or shaking hands make me uncomfortable. Smile at me if you want cause I smile 24/7!

10. I'm a Sagittarius.

The end! Fin!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

492K 12.4K 54
Adrien and Marinette were childhood friends , even before the bratty girl .That is , until Marinette had to leave for China because of a family emerg...
94.3K 2K 23
It's been one year since the day master fu gave Marinette and Adrien the honors of being miraculous holders, but the effects of special day might jus...
215K 3.6K 52
Marinette suffers a life threatening disease. Only her parents know until she bumps into Adrien at the hospital. She begs him to keep it a secret an...
2K 109 14
When Adrien finds out he's a senti - human, a lot of problems start to arise. Adrien finally realizes his feelings for Marinette and Marinette realiz...